Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose (6556 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / Girls: When Does 'toasting' Become Too Long? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Brightmind: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
Do you want to know what to do about your man who is taking too long to propose marriage? Have you been dating for so long you even wonder sometimes whether the experience will be different from actually getting married? You look up to every special day hoping he will pop the question and place that diamond-studded ring around your finger, but special days just pass by and you are still very much single. Well here is some good news for you: in a few minutes I will not promise that you will be able to get him to propose, but I can assure you that you will know exactly what to do to make him consider proposing to you a top priority.

1. Make marriage his next big goal

Men are driven by the desire to achieve something - anything - that feels right. Most matured single men remain single because there are goals they are yet to achieve that seems far more important than marriage. It could be wealth, self-realisation, fame, education, status, good looks, loads of girlfriends, etc. As long as that goal remains the top priority, they will remain distracted and find it very hard to consider 'settling down'. So your job here is to gradually make marriage his goal. Take him to visit your happily married mutual friends, invite him for couples' programme at your place of worship, visit amusement parks where you have a lot of parents and children catching fun, invite him to as much wedding as you can - just do anything to give him a picture of what both of you are missing staying single.

2. Make sure he understands that marrying you will be less bondage than he fears

You can achieve this by trying not to hold on to him too much. Men like to be free. Sometimes, it is the fear of being held and controlled by one woman that scares many men away from marriage. Your man should see you as a woman he can marry and still enjoy sufficient freedom. Don't fall into the temptation of trying to make him a better man by blackmailing him out of doing everything that is bad that he has been doing before you came. Don't cut him off from his bad friends - they have been their always and they have shared his good and bad moments with him. Don't try to keep him away from his family - especially his mom and sisters - they were his first love. Make sure your coming around doesn't come with a drastic twist of his freedom to relate with others or do the things he enjoys doing. Yes you might be doing it for his safety, but most times men prefer you fight for their happiness and not their safety - usually, they know how to protect themselves.

3. Try to build a consistent good nature

One thing that almost every guy is scared of, is getting married to a strange woman. There have been stories about good-girl-gone-bad after marriage. Some men go as far as testing their woman using several tools and methods to find out if they are steady or shaky (women do this too - more than men am sure). So I will advise that while you worry why he is not popping the question, work on building a stable and desirable nature.

4. Make your presence home to him

Men are as free as birds, yet while they hover around the sky they remain conscious of the location of their nest. One thing I can assure is that if you make yourself a home to your man, he will want to spend all his days around you. So you have to aim for attitudes that can make you homely, happy and hopeful. Make him happy every time he comes around you. Inspire him with hope for a brighter future by the peaceful life you live. Make your presence feel like home to him. Assure him by your unconscious actions that your presence will always be a home to him.

5. Keep reminding him that you are proud of him

The problem with some women is that they always want to remind their man of how much he still needs to do to impress them. However, it is important to reduce the scale of what impresses you for your man and to avoid holding unto thoughts of comparisons with more successful guys talk more of voicing such thoughts. Find something good about anything he has or is into, and make sure you let him know you are proud of that. He could be waiting to be able to impress you and your family before he can ask for your hand in marriage! For all I know, that could take years and both of you are not getting any younger. So sometimes, it helps to lower your expectation and be truly proud of the man you have. He must sense that you know he is good enough for you.

This will do for now. Remember practice is what brings result and not knowledge. I hope this article has helped you. Please tell me if it has or say something in the comment box to teach others.

To the success of your engagement! Call me when he proposes (+23407011210560).

I also share my thoughts on www.lovebirdsguide..com

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by ammyluv2002(f): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
Not bad sha
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Interesting...
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by bukatyne(f): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
And you have not considered the fact that he's not into you hence the delay? undecided

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by jntyjnty007(f): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Don't push the boat. If he wants then he will in his own time. I proposed to my husband, and he came back the next day and said yes. If marriage is what you truly both want, its simple, it will happen, and commitment is something that can be hard work, it is by choice.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Brightmind: 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
bukatyne: And you have not considered the fact that he's not into you hence the delay? undecided

That's something but very much unlikely - or so i think. Look at it this way, if he is not into the lady why will he be spending years hanging around her for? For me, i think he is being indecisive especially because he is not sure marriage is what he wants at the time being or he probably thinks he is not capable of heading a home yet. Whatever the case, the lady needs to encourage him to make decisions like that.

jntyjnty007: Don't push the boat. If he wants then he will in his own time. I proposed to my husband, and he came back the next day and said yes. If marriage is what you truly both want, its simple, it will happen, and commitment is something that can be hard work, it is by choice.

I see you point, truly ladies need to stop doing that. Whatever i have recommended in this article is better done naturally...if he finds out you are trying to get him to marry you, it might be difficult to get him to make a decision
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On May 02, 2013
Brightmind:

{b]That's something but very much unlikely - or so i think. Look at it this way, if he is not into the lady why will he be spending years hanging around her for?[/b] For me, i think he is being indecisive especially because he is not sure marriage is what he wants at the time being or he probably thinks he is not capable of heading a home yet. Whatever the case, the lady needs to encourage him to make decisions like that.

I see you point, truly ladies need to stop doing that. Whatever i have recommended in this article is better done naturally...if he finds out you are trying to get him to marry you, it might be difficult to get him to make a decision

For you to think that all men hang out with their girlfriends because they want to marry them is wrong. Most of them are probably looking for a warm bed and plate till they see who they want to 'marwi'. A woman can't make the decision for a man because the man is to lead his home.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by ezemoses(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2013
this is why i love this forum
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by tpia5: 4:15pm On May 02, 2013
interesting.
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by passionate88: 9:07am On May 03, 2013
jntyjnty007: Don't push the boat. If he wants then he will in his own time. I proposed to my husband, and he came back the next day and said yes. If marriage is what you truly both want, its simple, it will happen, and commitment is something that can be hard work, it is by choice.

kudos. I like that.
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by passionate88: 9:08am On May 03, 2013
bukatyne:

For you to think that all men hang out with their girlfriends because they want to marry them is wrong. Most of them are probably looking for a warm bed and plate till they see who they want to 'marwi'. A woman can't make the decision for a man because the man is to lead his home.
this na d 21st century so say some women, so u gat to b aggressive
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Mynd44: 9:27am On May 03, 2013
If he does not propose on time, you do the proposing. You too are in the darned thing together and will also be in the marriage together. What's the sense in waiting for someone to take an action that will affecct you two when you can take the initiative

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Brightmind: 8:40pm On May 03, 2013
bukatyne:

I dont think that most men hang out with their girls just to marry...but when you are with a man for upto say 6 years...you don't call that hang out again...if it were just to have a warm bed, the warm bed would have been worn by then. I am not saying that if a man hangs out with you, he wants to get married; i am saying if he spends so much year with you without popping the question, you just might need to help him do that. If you guys have stayed that long, you mean something to yourself...you have probably become a part of yourself...marriage is the next sane thing...but why is it not forthcoming? Think about it deeply. He has been with you for years, you have good times togethr, he is old enough to marry you but he hasnt proposed?!
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by adconline(m): 8:59pm On May 03, 2013
And most importantly, bring a blank cheque to assure him that you will be a team player and payer as well!
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by passionate88: 10:21pm On May 03, 2013
adconline: And most importantly, bring a blank cheque to assure him that you will be a team player and payer as well!
them no go fit o, most Naija gals no dey like team work btwn dm and their guys or husband's. Dm want only one party to dey do everything for them
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Scarpon(m): 11:52pm On May 03, 2013
this will not work for some sharp igbo guys I know
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Legalplayerz: 8:21am On May 04, 2013
Story.
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by Brightmind: 11:29pm On May 04, 2013
adconline: And most importantly, bring a blank cheque to assure him that you will be a team player and payer as well!
Lol
passionate88: them no go fit o, most Naija gals no dey like team work btwn dm and their guys or husband's. Dm want only one party to dey do everything for them
Naija gals don they even play single role, talk less of team work.
Scarpon: this will not work for some sharp igbo guys I know
If he is that sharp, why is he taken too long to get married? and this story nobody about Sharp Gal Vs Sharp Guy...it is about two people who know what they want and knows it is important to go for it
Legalplayerz: Story.
Share your own...we are all in nairaland to tell stories or read stories
Re: What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose by passionate88: 11:32pm On May 05, 2013
Brightmind:

Naija gals don they even play single role, talk less of team work.

single role?, na wit dm pikin or wit man?. If na wit dm pikin na because man no dey stay wit dm bt if na wit man then she don dey near her menopause stage nd she don tire to wait for d perfect man to come. Before u go see naija gal wey go gree pay for meal wn her guy dey there e go hard, even if she get 10k for pocket nd d guy dey with 2k she go still want am to pay for her.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend's Sexual Urge Is Terrible.. What Do I Do? / "I Gave My Virginity To My Boyfriend As A Birthday Gift" / Dealing With Karishika Type Of Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.