Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,471 members, 7,801,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum (16550 Views)

Check Out This Pro Amaechi Banner. PICTURE. / Buhari Gives Amaechi, Dambazzau Key Roles At US Meetings / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
The new PDP chairman has suspended 27 state assembly members over the suspension of Hon. Nsirim. Details later:
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by onatisi(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
the begining of the end of stupid ameachi
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by clip: 5:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
What is the implication of their remover?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by wawaboy1(m): 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
onatisi: the begining of the end of stupid ameachi
They will soon relocate them to abuja for brainwashing. i see impeachment coming.

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Maxymilliano(m): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
This is not getting funny anymore
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by abagoro(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Maxymilliano: This is not getting funny anymore

A major ethno-political crisis could break out in the South-South from this joke taken too far.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Maxymilliano: This is not getting funny anymore
he will soon know that he who plays the piper dictates the tune

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
abagoro:

A major ethno-political crisis could break out in the South-South from this joke taken too far.
nothing go happen ,if he ameachi tries any rubbish he will be dealt with ,he should ask alams
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Stupidity! When did the constitution empower a party state chairman to sack serving House of Assembly members

8 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by abes(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
Is it possible for someone to remove assembly members that were elected by the people?

I don't believe this story jor.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
Atlast Amaechi is going
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Atlast Amaechi is going
he needs to be dealt with to teach other pdp govs not to step on the president toes .
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by abrat: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Maybe the members were suspended from the party.

@op, SOURCE PLEASE!
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by akaOpene(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
When did the state PDP chairman become a court of law that can cancel an election or the constituents which can recall a house member?This story to me is an absolute hogwash.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 6:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
lets just wait and see,i guess the waiting game continues then
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
where is that noisemaker Rhino? is Amaechi still in charge? I expect the LG chairmen to begin to count their teeth with their tongue right now. The assembly members will return from this suspension with a new mind cheesy
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by kross01(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
PDP Rivers state have long triggered the self destruct button of the state.
Taking my seat & watching as the carnage unfolds
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
abrat: Maybe the members were suspended from the party.

@op, SOURCE PLEASE!

Assuming this report holds true, the lawmakers were suspended from the party.

LEGISREPORTS NG – The PDP in Rivers State has suspended 27 lawmakers in the State Assembly over its refusal to recall the suspended Ohio/akpor Chairman Timothy Nsirim and his Executive.

The suspension affects the Speaker, Deputy and Leader of the House.

The Chairman of the Party in the State Felix Obuah disclosed this in a communique today shortly after an emergency meeting of the party.

The Communique also suspends them from the party while giving the Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi 48 hours altimatum to explain the controversy surrounding the State owned jet that was registered under a private name.

This reports was prepared by our reporter in Port Harcourt

http://legisreportsng.com/rivers-assembly-pdp-in-rivers-state-suspends-27-members-of-the-state-house-of-assembly/
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
Amaechi have kept His cool till now and these ingrate are already displaying their stupidity. Never under estimate the power of a state governor. It will only take a well scripted crime of death to be tied to the phantom chairman and He will be "smashed" by the state SSS and He will find Himself biting fingers in a dark jail.

If GEJ thinks by doing this Amaechi will back down, then He is truly a failure as His looks defines Him. Amaechi is a man of His own skin, and like I said, GEJ will come begging come mid 2014. No one has fanned the flames under His butt and He is busy looking for dry hays.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by kokoA(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
A state pdp chiarman removing elected members from office? I can't believe some so called educated nairalanders believing this beer palour gist. Smh.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by KokoBeware: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Amaechi have kept His cool till now and these ingrate are already displaying their stupidity. Never under estimate the power of a state governor. It will only take a well scripted crime of death to be tied to the phantom chairman and He will be "smashed" by the state SSS and He will find Himself biting fingers in a dark jail.

If GEJ thinks by doing this Amaechi will back down, then He is truly a failure as His looks defines Him. Amaechi is a man of His own skin, and like I said, GEJ will come begging come mid 2014. No one has fanned the flames under His butt and He is busy looking for dry hays.

Do you really think a state governor can fight against the PRESIDENCY this is not just a fight against GEJ it is the whole presidency machinery... geJ doesn't need to do anything or say anything ..... His loyalist will handle Amaechi nicely.. Do you think GEJ ordered te grounding of that plane?? Am sure one FAAN boss just saw the loophole amaechi left there and exploited it to gain favour. And trust me Amaechi is no Saint..

10 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
kokoA: A state pdp removing elected members from office? I can't believe some so called educated nairalanders believing this beer palour gist. Smh.

The party whip can be withdrawn from errant members at any time.
From the unclear report I provided, this is what appears to have happened.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by KokoBeware: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
As it stands now, Amaechi cannot call for a PDP meeting in Riverstate. and APC is not strong enough for him to run to......

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
Rivers PDP suspends 27 pro-Amaechi lawmakers; gives Amaechi 48 hours ultimatum

by Stanley Azuakola

Hardly a day passes these days without news of intrigues in the Rivers state political firmament.

The latest - The Rivers State chapter of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has suspended 27 lawmakers in the state assembly over the assembly’s refusal to recall the suspended Obio/Akpor local government chairman, Timothy Nsirim and his executive council.

The 27 members suspended are loyal to the Rivers governor, while five others not affected by the suspension are loyal to the minister of state for education, Nyesom Wike.

The suspension affects the Speaker, Deputy Speaker and the Leader of the House, who are all pro-Amaechi lawmakers.

READ: Oraye St. Franklyn: The Rivers PDP Crisis – What You Should Know

READ: Proxy War: Rivers Assembly Dissolves Executive Council In LGA Of Pro-Jonathan Minister

When the Rivers assembly suspended Nsirim, the court installed PDP chairman, Felix Obuah gave the members of the assembly and the governor 48 hours to rescind their decision, describing their actions as “appalling and disgraceful”, and warned that the PDP executive might be left with no option than to take disciplinary action against them.

That was five days ago.

In Port Harcourt on Monday, after an emergency meeting of the party exco, the Chairman of the Party, Felix Obuah disclosed that the assembly members have been suspended from the party with immediate effect.

The chairman also gave Gov. Amaechi 48 hours to explain the controversy surrounding the state owned jet that was allegedly registered under a private name.

Source
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Akanbiedu(m): 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
We are back in Abacha days if this is true.

This is why people who are weak should not be given power, they always try to prove they are not weak.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Akanbiedu(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
I am somehow enjoying this development, I can guess where it would end for Jonathan.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
KokoBeware:

Do you really think a state governor can fight against the PRESIDENCY this is not just a fight against GEJ it is the whole presidency machinery... geJ doesn't need to do anything or say anything ..... His loyalist will handle Amaechi nicely.. Do you think GEJ ordered te grounding of that plane?? Am sure one FAAN boss just saw the loophole amaechi left there and exploited it to gain favour. And trust me Amaechi is no Saint..
lol.. don't mind the idiota even the state sss boss he mentioned will deny and denounce Amaechi in this scenerio.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by gramci: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Amaechi have kept His cool till now and these ingrate are already displaying their stupidity. Never under estimate the power of a state governor. It will only take a well scripted crime of death to be tied to the phantom chairman and He will be "smashed" by the state SSS and He will find Himself biting fingers in a dark jail.

Dreamer, which SSS? The one controlled by amaechi or GEJ?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by franchizy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Stupidity! When did the constitution empower a party state chairman to sack serving House of Assembly members

Thank u my dear. Pla don't mind the fools commenting rubbish here. Tell me where it is stated in the constitution 4 a party chairman to sack elected officers.
I see so much kids in Nairaland.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by kross01(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
franchizy:

Thank u my dear. Pla don't mind the fools commenting rubbish here. Tell me where it is stated in the constitution 4 a party chairman to sack elected officers.
I see so much kids in Nairaland.
kokoA: A state pdp chiarman removing elected members from office? I can't believe some so called educated nairalanders believing this beer palour gist. Smh.

Must you be told that the suspension is from their political party(PDP)?
Reading and Comprehension no be brothers i swear!

6 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
KokoBeware:

Go ask Obasanjo, He will be the first to tell you that any state governor in Nigeria that can survive without Federal allocation, that state will send the presidency into a spiral down fall.

Amaech if He decide to use state machineries on the phantom PDP chairman, in less than 6 months, the chairman will be history. But as a learned lawyer, Amaechi has kept His cool. Let GEJ the drunkard continue to play His dirty politics, very little mercy will be shown to Him when the North will begin their fire works against Him come 2014.

As a South-Southern, I strongly hold the view that any credible individual from that region reserve the right to contest the Presidency. And indeed same goes for anyone from any part of Nigeria. GEJ is too intellectually deficient to be a local councilor and it is as though judgment has been visited upon Nigeria with His ascendant to the Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
gramci:

Dreamer, which SSS? The one controlled by amaechi or GEJ?
You know clowns like you always end up being the victim and crying foul. I do not entertain glorified clowns..stay clear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fresh Move To Unseat Magu As EFCC Chairman Begins / El-Rufai Flags Off Solar Powered Street Lights Project In Kaduna (Photos) / Buhari Marking His Last Christmas In Office –PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.