Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? (1585 Views)

How Many Hours Of Power Supply Do You Have In Your Area Per Day. / What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Nigerians Enjoy 16-Hours Of Electricity Supply - Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
OK, I was reading and article/interview on the Vanguar regarding the FG's plan ( A welcomed one too) to retrench 20,000 of PHCN work force, and couldn't help but notice a statement at the end part of the article made by The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali and I quote:

[size=18pt]"Igali said power generation had risen to over 4,500 and that the Federal government’s target of 9-10,000 at the end of the year was still intact.

He claimed that some major cities of the nation now enjoy about 16 hours of electricity daily."[/size]

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/fg-orders-sack-of-20000-phcn-workers/

Now the big question is. How sincere are these claims @ the reddened bit? I believe there's only one way to find out! We should have a sincere and somewhat transparent opinions poll here, the question is :
[size=18pt]How many hours of electricity do you get daily?[/size]
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
I will go first. . . . . Less than 3 hours here! angry
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by OmoTier1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Thank God I do not live in a country where 16hrs of electricity daily is celebrated. Such a being will be referred to the Ward K of the nearest NHS general hospital.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Thank God I do not live in a country where 16hrs of electricity daily is celebrated. Such a being will be referred to the Ward K of the nearest NHS general hospital.

Well IN NIGERIA 16 hours of electricity definitely deserves wild celebrations! After all I am getting a little over 2 hours a day, yet I pay well over $150 equivalent in Naira monthly. Well the issue here is I believe know Mr Igali is lying in this interview. I can confidently say no one is getting over 6 hours daily.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by akaOpene(m): 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
I stay in Onitsha & we have received 48hrs of darkness for two days now.The darkness is more constant than light so i guess you can understand why it is easier to calculate the hours of darkness than that of light.What a govt of liars.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Coldfeet(f): 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
I'd say 25hrs a week in my house and 10hrs a week in my shop! I live in lekki.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Tolexander: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
Thank you for the question!

20microhours per day and they keep on telling us they are still repairing the light.
Sometimes, the tick sound of the stabilizer makes us to be awared that we've got light for the day!
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by EKONGKING: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
my relatives in cross river receive 28 hrs of free power. i dont know what u r talking about grin grin shocked shocked
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Coldfeet: I'd say 25hrs a week in my house and 10hrs a week in my shop! I live in lekki.

That's 3.5/day @ home and 1.4/day at the shop by my calculations.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by OmoTier1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
EKONGKING: my relatives in cross river receive 28 hrs of free power. i dont know what u r talking about grin grin shocked shocked
hehe, thats another way of saying, the MOON is the LIGHT SOURCE cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
eGuerrilla: A view from Ajegunle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHCBKhYsfQ

Mob Demolish PHCN Lagos Office Over Crazy Bill @ Ikotun:

https://www.nairaland.com/1273685/mob-demolish-phcn-lagos-office
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
since the planned blackout a couple of weeks ago, power has been rubbish.
we struggle to get anything up to 10hours of electricity at home.

at work, we dont even bother.
we are on generator all day.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by iphy42: 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Here we haven't seen light since march 26th. Others around see light once in a while. Yet the bill is not less than 11000 naira. Mtcheew for Igali or whatever.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by bodejohn(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Power supply improved slightly in my house around Black horse in Ibadan till the rains last Thursday and we have been in darkness since then.

This is not a strange occurrence, we could go four weeks before it is restored. I got 58units of prepaid credits in June 2012 and i still have about 40units left on the meter when i checked about a week ago.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by BankoleNco: 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
Was getting a little over 3 hours at Festac. . . . . Decided to move to a friends at Ikotun for the time being. . . . . Its hell here I tell you! Less than 1.5 hours a day!!!!! Can you imagine this?!
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by nuclearboy(m): 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
Its really sad, that we still have such results.

Even worse, some people will come onto threads such as this and insult people for complaining

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ori gbogbo yin ti daru... Keep spoiling the image even if you get over 21hours of electricity.. Bloody Nigerians
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by 2bosun: 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
sheyie2007: Ori gbogbo yin ti daru... Keep spoiling the image even if you get over 21hours of electricity.. Bloody Nigerians

So I guess they should all lie in the name of protecting "the image"? I don't understand people! Don't you know the solution starts from when we begin to be honest with ourselves?
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
nuclearboy: Its really sad, that we still have such results.

Even worse, some people will come onto threads such as this and insult people for complaining
complaining for the whole world to see... Why not organize a protest Putting this online only worsens ur fvcked up image..
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
2bosun:

So I guess they should lie all in the name of protecting the image? I don't understand people! Don't you know the solution starts from we begin to be honest with ourselves?
organize a protest! Dumbasss and stop complaining here
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Ejine(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
About 14 hours where I live.

And na for midnight dem dey bring am o! When dem sabi say I don crash finish. And then dem dey collect am by 6:00am when I don wake up, come bring am by 10:00am when dem sabi say I don dey for work... Only to come collect am by 5:00pm when dem sabi say I don dey come back, and then come bring am by 10:30pm when I don crash grin
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
sheyie2007: complaining for the whole world to see... Why not organize a protest Putting this online only worsens ur fvcked up image..

How about asking your bosses to do something about it and then we can start a thread about how exceptionally good power supply is in Nigeria! Please reply and bump this up so that ALL CAN SEE!
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ngozi O. W. Had an interview on CNN spewing positive remarks and y'all criticized her.. If you don't go to aso rock and protest, ur next generation will chant up-Nepa! lipsrsealed amen! And y'all will complain till u die angry
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
phreakabit:

How about asking your bosses to do something about it and then we can start a thread about how exceptionally good power supply is in Nigeria! Please reply and bump this up so that ALL CAN SEE!
I ain't Nigerian daugh... Ur probs.. Don't be fooled by the username
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
sheyie2007: I ain't Nigerian daugh... Ur probs.. Don't be fooled by the username

Yeah. . . And I am Lionel Messi and Portuguese at the same time

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
phreakabit:

Yeah. . . And I am Lionel Messi and Portuguese at the same time
good....next?
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by taharqa: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
I would do what I have said I will never do here:

I stay presently in BDPA, opp UNIBEN (Benin) and for some few weeks now, hv been having bw 14-18 hrs public power supply.

I am doing this 'how many hours' game for the 1st time cos of the tilt this thread presently having, and cos it would be very UNFAIR to the people who have made it possible for me to have such supply to be made out as though they are failing EVERY PERSON equally. I know that there are some areas that still have more challenges than where I stay now cos of the Time lag it takes to clear the terrible Mess that was (and in some ways and to some extent, still is) Nigeria's Electricity Infrastructure/System. I commute bw Asaba and Benin for instance, and know that Asaba is not in the same clan as Benin as far as supply of Power is, even though both cities are actually within the same DISCO. New Transmission/Distribution Plants are been built in Asaba though, so hpefully there would be some improvements there with time.

Having said that, I would rather go back to what have always REALLY interested me in Nigeria's Power Sector: NIPP and Legacy Generation, Transmission and Distribution Projects (more than 400) been constructed with some already commissioned AND the ongoing Privatization and Power Sector Reforms (THE LARGEST OF SUCH EVER ATTEMPTED ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD) that are already in its Concluding stages.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
Its amazing how you can be American/British yet know about the "UP NEPA" thing. BTW, its spelled Duh, being a Brit/American, I'd expect you to know that. Also heterosexual men are not supposed allowed to use that expression verbally or otherwise.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by phreakabit(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
taharqa:
I would do what I have said I will never do here:

I stay presently in BDPA, opp UNIBEN (Benin) and for some few weeks now, hv been having bw 14-18 hrs public power supply.

I am doing this 'how many hours' game cos of the tilt this thread is going, and cos it would be very UNFAIR to the people who have made it possible for me to have such supply t be made out as though they are failing EVERY PERSON equally. I know that there are some areas that still have more challenges than where I stay now cos of the Time lag it would take to clear the terrible Mess that was (and in some ways and to some extent, still is) Nigeria's Electricity Infrastructure/System. I commute bw Asaba and Benin for instance, and know that Asaba is not in the same clan as Benin as long as supply of Power is, even both cities are actually within the same DISCOS. New Transmission/Distribution Plants are been built in Asaba though.

Having said that, I would rather go back to what have always REALLY interested me with the current goingons in Nigeria's Power Sector: NIPP and Legacy Generation, Transmission and Distribution Projects (more than 400) been constructed with some already commissioned AND the ongoing Privatization and Power Sector Reforms (THE LARGEST OF SUCH EVER ATTEMPTED ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD) that are already at its Concluding stages.

WOW! That's simply AMAZING! I am sure anyone that looks at all threads started by you (link below) will know why.
[url]https://www.nairaland.com/taharqa/topics [/url]

[size=18pt]SMH![/size]
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by OmoTier1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
phreakabit:

WOW! That's simply AMAZING! I am sure anyone that looks at all threads started by you (link below) will know why.
[url]https://www.nairaland.com/taharqa/topics [/url]

[size=18pt]SMH![/size]
Haha, so fast to expose the clown for the propaganda he is known for! He claims to live at BDPA one of the most deprived areas in Benin and most likely a cultist too lipsrsealed
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Get Daily? by nifemi01(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wahala dey o, after reading all ur comments i had to go check if i was still in Nigeria to make sure i haven't been kidnapped and taken to another country.
I stay at Ten family estate in Ajah and power supply here is good, atleast 22hrs daily.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leadership Skills I Learned From Nelson Mandela / TB Joshua Releases New Footage Of Synagogue Building Collapse (Video) / Watch & Download Video Of Boko Haram Leader “abubakar Shekau” Saying “I Am Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.