Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi (5576 Views)

Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy / Bloody Rivers: Amaechi, Wike Are Gainers, No Political Gladiator Ever Loses / No Political Will To Prosecute High-profile Corruption Cases, Says CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by MrGlobe(m): 7:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Ado Ekiti— GOVERNOR Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, yesterday, said he had no political godfather that could dictate how the state should be governed.

Fayemi spoke in Ado Ekiti while playing host to participants of Course 35 of the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies, NIPSS, Kuru on a study tour of Ekiti State.

He said he had mentors, but that it was practically impossible for him to have the will of a godfather imposed on the people of the state, renowned for their high intelligence, saying that was why he had enjoyed the people’s support right from his election in 2007 till date.

He said: “I do not think we should denigrate mentorship. Mentorship in politics has been bastardised but we do not have any problem of godfatherism because it cannot succeed in this state. Everybody in Ekiti is a governor and has a sense of how government should work.

Ekiti people are my godfathers because they send me short messages (sms) everyday on what they want done and that is exactly what I do because we run a participatory government.”

He argued that if he had got into office through some manipulations or godfatherism, it was unlikely that he would respect the wish of the ordinary citizens.

While stressing the need to demystify political offices to bring government closer to the people, the governor said the nation’s democracy was fragile because citizens had not been carried along in decision-making processes.

Earlier, the leader of the NIPPS course participants, Prof. Aja Akpuru-Aja, said the team was not in the state for fault-finding, but fact-findings so that the State Government could develop its own templates of development aimed at moving in the same direction with the federal government to achieve the vision 20:2020.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/ive-no-political-godfather-fayemi/
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by MrGlobe(m): 7:25am On Apr 30, 2013
is Governor fayemi saying the truth? cry
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by mike404(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:
Bia nwokem echekwam na I gara school
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2013

He argued that if he had got into office through some manipulations or godfatherism, it was unlikely that he would respect the wish of the ordinary citizens.

Look at this clown. How then did he get into office? Was it the Ekiti people that made him governor, or Tinubu (through his lackeys in the Election Appeal Tribunal/Appeal Court, led by Justhief Salami)?
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by truth4meal(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2013
pro01:

Look at this clown. How then did he get into office? Was it the Ekiti people that made him governor, or Tinubu (through his lackeys in the Election Appeal Tribunal/Appeal Court, led by Justhief Salami)?
When people are paid to reason they sideline their conscience and think in naira...some people are paid to be unreasonable.

12 Likes

Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by lawbabs: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2013
truth4meal: When people are paid to reason they sideline their conscience and think in naira...some people are paid to be unreasonable.

U are so on point. I am amazed at some comment here...

1 Like

Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by MrGlobe(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2013
pro01:

Exactly.
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Ejine(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by jaso1(m): 8:44am On Apr 30, 2013
Some people make retated statement here because they lack common sense. The man intelligent cant be questioned, he knows what good governance is all about unlike some fools who will claimed they have God father as excuse for not given out the best to those who voted them in. Akala agree to have Adedibu as God father and we all saw what happened.
People are wise now, the era of mugu Nigerians are past. we are gradually facing out those ineeficient people in the sphere of governance, PDP is out already and soon we will beging to see new Nigeria.
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Omen100(m): 9:01am On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

mr. hoodwink up there, I have study every word to word in this tale & didn't see were Gov. Fayemi denounced or allied himself with Tinubu, please goons, you guys can do better than this, please try something else.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 30, 2013
What's the difference between a godfather and a mentor? Rauf Aregbesola was once interviewed by the Sun Newspaper and he said God is his GODFATHER and Tinubu his mentor.
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by dridowu: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2013
berem: What's the difference between a godfather and a mentor? Rauf Aregbesola was once interviewed by the Sun Newspaper and he said God is his GODFATHER and Tinubu his mentor.
tell dm my sister, we all have mentor but God is our Godfather.
Mrs Oluremi Tinubu too does not have Godfada but a mentor
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by mike404(m): 9:41am On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

shut up. What is the relationship between education and this post fool.
And you want me to start exchanging words with you OLOBE

1 Like

Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Lex1(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2013
Fayemi is right about how intelligent the Ekiti people are, most of them knows one or two things about governance. But when it comes to Godfatherism he has none but God and when it come to mentoring he has one that dictate.
But in my opinion the man his trying his best for the Ekiti people.
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Leebeedo(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2013
U go say u get before,eediota!
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Youngartist(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2013
Rubbish!!!
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by STolulope(m): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2013
Lex1: Fayemi is right about how intelligent the Ekiti people are, most of them knows one or two things about governance. But when it comes to Godfatherism he has none but God and when it come to mentoring he has one that dictate.
But in my opinion the man his trying his best for the Ekiti people.

Fine, he is trying, but on the issue of Godfatherism ΐ wuldnt take his words fully. Coz in Nigeria, it aint easy to clinch a political post without a Godfather.
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2013
Everyone sha want the favor of their people. Democracy sweet die ohhh.

Funny enough with this GEJ free and fair election fingy e be like say dis people don Sabi say dem fit bounce dem ohh if dem no work..
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Cmoyor: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Liar... Wen evryone knows who ur god-father is
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Bonapart(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2013
What is fayemi
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2013
Bonapart: What is fayemi
Its a kind of cerebral menigitis that people like you suffer from.
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by sukobaba(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2013
pro01:

I find it difficult to comprehend how some pple think. Even a primary school pupil will be able to deduce the summary of the write up. He z he has no Godfather but there exists mentors. Can't u add 2 + 2 to get 4?
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by Bonapart(m): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Its a kind of cerebral menigitis that people like you suffer from.
u must be His godfather
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by dammytosh: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2013
LOL.

I am sure he would have talked to Tinubu about it before saying that rubbish openly. I can see him prostrating after the interview to say.

"Baba, make we talk am like that for the sake of the polity"

All ACN governors have one god Father and he is Emperor Tinubu. The advantage they have over PDP Governors is that PDP Governors have multiple god fathers with conflicting interests.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by ol2012: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2013
pro01:

Oga nawa 4 u oh! Whats even d latest about d man. Was he eventually retired from d appeal court?
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by phestade(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
pro01:

Well said
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by batstan(m): 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
ol2012: Oga nawa 4 u oh! Whats even d latest about d man. Was he eventually retired from d appeal court?

He's now sitting on a long thing
grin
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by joe1975: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Online marketplace for manufacturers, suppliers, importers, exporters and buyers. http://www.youandbuyer.com
Re: I Have No Political Godfather - Fayemi by ayomidefalaye(m): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
U are ungrateful person what of 500 million naira sent to u from tinubu and fashola of lagos brought to ekiti state by otunba niyi Adebayo is from god father. U are a stupid fellow God punish u omo ole omo opuro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning In Nigeria / Ondo State Government Plans Data Base For Youths / IPOB Hires Another Lobbying Firm In Fresh N300M Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.