Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Snake Robot Teams Up With Search-and-rescue Dog In US - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snake Robot Teams Up With Search-and-rescue Dog In US (778 Views)

Snake Killed In Ojodu Berger, Aina street Lagos / The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm / SHOCKING: Huge Snake Killed In Festac-lagos This Morning. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Snake Robot Teams Up With Search-and-rescue Dog In US by ceejayluv(m): 7:39am On Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9OdUPY3OyE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

US researchers working on a snake-
like robot have tested pairing it
with a search-and-rescue dog.
The engineers sent two dogs fitted
with harnesses containing the robot
into a simulated collapsed building.
The dogs then released the
equipment, allowing the robot to
wriggle free.
The researchers hope the technology
will one day be used to locate people
trapped in places inaccessible to dogs.
They are working to make the robot
faster over rubble and other debris.
A video of the experiment has been
posted online by Carnegie Mellon
University's biorobotics lab.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22340218

(1) (Reply)

13 Security And Privacy Tips For The Truly Paranoid / Psquare Pencil Works By Ayeola Ayodeji Abiodun / How Do I Install My Hp Printer 1200 On My Windows 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.