Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel (8003 Views)

Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 / Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2013
Bayelsa government to convert Government House to six-star hotel

So after the sum of N24 billion was allegedly pumped into building a ‘befitting’ Bayelsa Government House, it turns out that the present occupant of the governors’ office has no intention of stepping foot into the place.

The Gloryland Castle, one of the signature achievements of the former Bayelsa governor, Timipreye Sylva, for which he was so sufficiently pleased that he invited a CNN crew to a tour of the massive facility is considered too opulent by the present governor, Seriake Dickson, who has decided that rather than residing there, he would convert same to a hotel.

The Government House project was initiated by the former governor of the state and recently pardoned ex-convict, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, but his successor, Goodluck Jonathan allegedly didn’t commit to it as he did not view it as a priority.

However his own successor in office, Timipreye Sylva, dedicated resources to the project, completed it and furnished it as well – an uncommon beauty in the heart of Yenagoa, just behind the currently used Government House.

The edifice contains several state-of-the-art sitting rooms, grand bedrooms with aesthetic furnishing, exceptional toilets with bravura fittings that place the facility in a world of its own.

So why isn’t the Bayelsa governor, Seriake Dickson, moving into the palace despite the massive funds pumped into it.

In a display of modesty, Dickson said it was too much for just him.

“This castle was started by Chief Alamieyeseigha. Of course, as you know I was in the cabinet of Dr. Jonathan when he was governor. We, within that short period that we were in government, didn’t think that completing the project as at that time was a priority. But when my immediate predecessor came on board, he managed to complete it.

“So he achieved the completion, including the furnishing and all that. Now upon my ascension into office, I of course made it clear from day one that there was no way I was going to stay in this type of place. It is simply too grandiose. It is way out of format with my own personal standard,” he said.

The governor’s resolve on the matter is simple – make it a part of the state government’s tourism plan for the state. In that way, it becomes a revenue source. Hence, the governor plans to convert the opulent structure into a six-star hotel.

Hear him:

“We have decided to convert this to a 6-Star hotel. As it is, we have to suspend work. There is actually a lot of work going on in the upper floor. But in the next five to six months, around November to December I would like you to come to be part of the various tourism promotion activities that will come up at that time. Then, you are likely to meet a five or six-star hotel in this complex. Work is already ongoing. That is about it. I’m not staying here. I have no plan to stay here,” he said.

Well done, Mr. Governor.

Source

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2013
Since it is not often that we hear of sitting governors shunning the allure of opulence, I commend this gesture.

9 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by taharqa: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2013
GOOD....

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Omen100(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2013
eGuerrilla: Since it is not often that we hear of sitting governors shunning the allure of opulence, I commend this gesture.

what gesture are you commending? were was him when the project was initiated? please don't allow yourself to be deceive by those clueless balyesan.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Omen100(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2013
taharqa:
GOOD....

what is good about nothing because nothing is been done there.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Shadydamsel(f): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2013
Good Radiance
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by mebad(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2013
make sense
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by bigx(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2013
Silly politicking

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by owoadeakin: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2013
dis space is occupied by me. Kip off.
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by taharqa: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2013
Omen100:

what is good about nothing because nothing is been done there.

Would you take your HATE-FILLED-CUM-DEMENTED Heart elsewhere, plz; and QUIT quoting me. Some of you CLOWNS do not know when to pull a Brake on the Criticism, it makes you guys look unassailably SILLLY.

Go get a BATH or something, if you do not know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by dridowu: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2013
I nid to park my volks well ,
Good move

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Okijajuju1(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2013
LOL... grin

And then another government would replace him and take back the 6-star hotel and return it to being the Government house that it was originally designed to be.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Masanto: 9:39am On Apr 30, 2013
6 star ko, 10 star ni
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2013
Who cares? Seriake Dickson can as well live in the forest or convert the building to a museum if that makes him happy. who gives a fucck?
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by veee: 9:42am On Apr 30, 2013
Bloody decievers
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Mojibola(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2013
do they knw d meaning of 6 star hotel?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 30, 2013
Bloody bastards! Government house to hotel?? Like seriously?! Damn
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by olu4life(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2013
IMHO,its a good move but the problem is that it might be used wrongly by the next governor. But a nice thought

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 30, 2013
Six ke? This must be typo. Bet he meant s,ex star hotel.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by taharqa: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2013
Omen100:

what gesture are you commending? were was him when the project was initiated? please don't allow yourself to be deceive by those clueless balyesan.

When Alams was initiating the Project, he was in the Opposition or so, ANPP I think (you expected him to take a gun to Alams head then, threatening to shoot if the Gov didnt stop the project, abi??).

During the SHORT tenure of GEJ as Gov, he was in the cabinet then BUT the Gov (GEJ himself) didnt think the Project a priority so didnt fund it.

When Sylva became Gov and decided to pursue the project and start from where Alams stopped, he was in the National Assembly as a member of the House of Reps (perhaps you expected him to sponsor a Bill there stopping the project??).

NOW that he is the Oga, he decides to jettison the project and in stead turn it into a Revenue yielding avenue for his State in stead of just leaving in such opulence and throwing parties, left-right-centre.

...Yet, you ask what he was doing when the project was initiated.

Dem use Criticism CURSE some of una for village??

SILLLY BIGOT. Go take a BATH or something, Goon; you seemed to have too much free time on your hand.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Omen100(m): 9:48am On Apr 30, 2013
taharqa:

Would you take your HATE-FILLED-CUM-DEMENTED Heart elsewhere, plz; and QUIT quoting me. Some of you CLOWNS do not know when to pull a Brake on the Criticism, it makes you guys look unassailably SILLLY.

Go get a BATH or something, if you do not know what to do.

lolzing grin grin and after sometime the same 1star, 2star 0r 3star hotel will be sold to broda. jona grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2013
Can anything good come out of that state except AMAA award?
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Scarpon(m): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2013
this is kinda funny
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by bemagnify: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2013
Omen100:

ediot wu ar dos clueless bayelsans....
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Cmoyor: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2013
Smokescreen
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by obi123: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2013
The edifice contains several state-of-the-art sitting rooms, grand bedrooms with aesthetic furnishing, exceptional toilets with bravura fittings that place the facility in a world of its own.

how you ever read anything more fury inducing? have you heard any state infrastructure being described in such detail ? DAFT the lot of them
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2013
Omen100:

I see where you are coming from now.
In a manner we have come to expect of the average Nigerian politician, Seriake Dickson offers no credit whatsoever to his predecessors.

Here is an interesting view presented by @SapeleGuy back in 2009.

SapeleGuy: CNN are Wrong, dem dey talk lie. Gloryland Castle is a state tourism project. The house doesn't belong to Sylva.

"Our plan is to dove-tail the Gloryland Castle into the wider vision of Yenagoa of the immediate future, which will be a showpiece city for all Nigerians and the rest of the world to come and enjoy life with a lot to see,” he explained.

Perhaps in the next four years, Yenagoa will become one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria if plans afoot are anything to go by. An international airport is being constructed, specifically for cargo operations because Bayelsa is aiming to become the largest producer of paddy rice in Africa in partnership with Thai and Vietnamese experts. It also wants to become the largest producer of fish, in league with Israeli experts.

The airport will serve as a major import and export route when plans to redesign the state’s economy from oil and gas to agriculture, commerce and tourism come to fruition."

The state is also constructing a 32-kilometre dual express from the airport into the rear of the city where the new Yenagoa is springing up. The state’s 110 kilowatt electricity supply project is expected to switch on fully next year, making it more than self-sufficient in power supply."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/28/yar-adua-to-sleep-in-bayelsas-n20b-castle
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by edgideon(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2013
wer wil the governor n his wife sleep lemme guess on the street coz tha 6 star brothel aint for thier type
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by edgideon(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2013
Ijogz K: Can anything good come out of that state except AMAA award?
can anything gud come out 4 ur howz except 4 ur hot sister
Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2013
Unless they put that hotel in the hands of competent private-sector operators (who will manage it in exchange for a fixed fee plus a share of the profits), this same government will run it to the ground.

I don't see how a government that cannot manage over N20billion of monthly oil allocations will manage a "six-star hotel". I don't see it.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel by Omen100(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2013
taharqa:

When Alams was initiating the Project, he was in the Opposition or so, ANPP I think (you expected he to take a gun to Alams head then, threatening to shoot if the Gov didnt stop the project, abi??).

He told us that he was part of the Alamsco government fool.

During the SHORT tenure of GEJ as Gov, he was in the cabinet then BUT the Gov (GEJ himself) didnt think the Project a priority so didnt fund it.

what do you mean by short?

When Sylva became Gov and decided to pursue the project and start from where Alams stopped, he was in the National Assembly as a member of the House of Reps (you expected him to sponsor a Bill there stopping the project??).

was jona not also a governor of the clueless state called balyesa, what of the allocations he allocated to that the same government house project fool

NOW that he is the Oga, he decides to jettison the project and in stead turn it into a Revenue yielding avenue for his State in stead of just leaving in such opulence and throwing parties, left-right-centre.

...Yet, you ask what he was doing when the project was initiated.

Dem use Criticism CURSE some of una for village.

SILLLY BIGOT. Go take a BATH or something, Goon; you seemed to have too much free time on your hand.

fool, its obvious that from Alams to jona, sylva<, dickson & everyone balyesans are as clueless as those leading them, which includes you "taharqa"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Governorship Aspirant, Bamidele, Dumps Ruling APC and Why Berem Should Too / Oyo State Signs Bill Prohibiting Violence Against Women (Photos) / Read Father Mbaka’s Latest Prophecy About President Buhari’s Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.