Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen (5767 Views)

Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by SeanT21(f): 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2008
I Love Joel Osteen but T.D Jakes can preach. He keeps me interested through out the whole sermon.

what is your take.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2008
Both are examples of modern day temple merchants.

2 Likes

Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Lady2(f): 4:05am On Apr 15, 2008
lol@ 4 Him.

I honestly can't stand T.D. Jakes. That man is so contradictory. He makes no sense to me.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by bawomolo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2008
T.D jakes and creflo dollar are scumbags that make use of black people like rags. keep on buying their books.

1 Like

Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by SeanT21(f): 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2008
at bawomolo

how are they using black people to become rich? Arent they preaching the gospel.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by bawomolo(m): 12:50am On Apr 16, 2008
how are they using black people to become rich? Arent they preaching the gospel.

do u know how wealthy creflo dollar and TD jakes are. something is wrong, when u are amassing that amount of wealth without contributing to the community

Dr. Dollar is known for his controversial teachings of Prosperity theology[8], which (along with his non-religious investments[9]) has netted him two Rolls-Royces (one was a gift from his congregation), three private jets, a multi-million dollar home in Fayetteville, and a US $2.7 million apartment in Manhattan.

Dollar's message has been denounced[citation needed] by some Baptist Christians, partly for his message that religious faithfulness will be rewarded by material wealth, and partly for his assertion that "Jesus didn't come as God, he came as a man, and he did not come perfect, he grew into his perfection" with his December 2002 message "Jesus' Growth into Sonship." Dollar's enumeration of "Believer's Rights" also states that all true believers of God have the same miraculous abilities as Jesus himself, including the power to overcome infertility and to raise the dead[14].

He is a member of the Oral Roberts University Board of Regents and the Board was named in the October 2007 lawsuit against the university for financial and political malfeasance.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Cayon(f): 2:17am On Apr 16, 2008
T D Jakes preach, Joel Osteen teach. I love both but I prefer to hear someone teach
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by SeanT21(f): 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
at bawamolo

So do you want him to refuse his wealth? Its all part of Gods Blessing. Or am i wrong?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2008
business moguls with massive church and followership. cant see any difference
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by bawomolo(m): 12:00am On Apr 17, 2008
SeanT21:

at bawamolo

So do you want him to refuse his wealth? Its all part of Gods Blessing. Or am i wrong?

am confused, how does God bless only the PASTOR but the rest of the congregation is suffering
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 17, 2008
bawomolo:

am confused, how does God bless only the PASTOR but the rest of the congregation is suffering
Because the pastor lives on tithes ; while the congregation lives by faith.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 1:36am On Apr 17, 2008
imhotep:

Because the pastor lives on tithes ; while the congregation lives by faith.

The pastor always reaps while the congregation are too busy "sowing seed".
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by ikamefa(f): 1:37am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

The pastor always reaps while the congregation are too busy "sowing seed".

4 Him:

Both are examples of modern day temple merchants.

only daddy- God can forgive you " grin "
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 17, 2008
ikamefa:

God ke? Did God print the money the congregation paid to the pastor as tithes
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 1:42am On Apr 17, 2008
ikamefa:

You better go and sow your own seed, its pastor's time to eat.

1 Like

Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by ikamefa(f): 2:01am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

You better go and sow your own seed, its pastor's time to eat.

so what are you trying to say?

you don't pay tithes in your church?

imhotep:

God ke? Did God print the money the congregation paid to the pastor as tithes

nope he did not! neither does he work at central bank or the printing and minting corporation(or where ever it is they print American money)

paying tithes and giving offerings is a custom practiced by the people of old, as written in the bible

Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 17, 2008
ikamefa:

nope he did not! neither does he work at central bank or the printing and minting corporation(or where ever it is they print American money)

paying tithes and giving offerings is a custom practiced by the people of old, as written in the bible

Jesus, Peter, Paul and the rest of the apostles did not collect tithes from anybody. The tithing in the OT was mainly to support the Levitical priesthood of the OT. Are you justified by tithing??

This tithe of a thing has been raging here -> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by ikamefa(f): 2:12am On Apr 17, 2008
imhotep:

Jesus, Peter, Paul and the rest of the apostles did not collect tithes from anybody. The tithing in the OT was mainly to support the Levitical priesthood of the OT. [b]Are you justified by tithing??[/b]

This tithe of a thing has been raging here -> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html

ehen! so the tithing we do now is to support the work of God and his pastors i will find time to read that thread tongue

so all my 10% all these years is wetin? (a waste of my money)
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 17, 2008
ikamefa:

ehen! so the tithing we do now is to support the work of God and his pastors i will find time to read that thread tongue

so all my 10% all these years is wetin? (a waste of my money)
Your pastor has no share in the Levitical priesthood. Does he sacrifice lambs and bulls in the temple Where are his priestly garments?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 2:21am On Apr 17, 2008
ikamefa:

Our modern day pastors are not demanding tithes but extorting money from the gullible sheeple who wont read their bibles.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by ikamefa(f): 2:22am On Apr 17, 2008
imhotep:

Your pastor has no share in the Levitical priesthood. Does he sacrifice lambs and bulls in the temple Where are his priestly garments?

do the levitical priesthood thingy still exist today?? do you still have priests who sacrifice lambs and bulls in temples in this century?(apart from ritualist and cultist)

i thought this Christianity thing has gone through a lot of changes from how it was in those days ? are the levitical priests of those days not the pastors of these days?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by ikamefa(f): 2:24am On Apr 17, 2008
4 Him:

Our modern day pastors are not demanding tithes but extorting money from the gullible sheeple who wont read their bibles.

agreed! my question is do you pay or have ever paid tithes in any church?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Cayon(f): 2:38am On Apr 17, 2008
I for one don't believe in the hype about one must tithe.  I believe you should give from the heart, whatever you could afford.  Unfortunately there are many crooked men in high "religious" positions who are slick to get vunerable people to part with their money.  I do not tithe and I have seen great prosperity in my life.  God prospers His children out of great love and great joy in blessing His children.  Having a relationship with your God is the most important thing

Blessings
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 17, 2008
ikamefa:

do the levitical priesthood thingy still exist today?? do you still have priests who sacrifice lambs and bulls in temples in this century?(apart from ritualist and cultist)
They don't exist. This is why the tithing stuff is deeply suspect.

ikamefa:

i thought this Christianity thing has gone through a lot of changes from how it was in those days ?
The Levitical priesthood was never part of Christianity - it was central to Judaism.
Christ practically wiped it out from Judaism.

ikamefa:

are the levitical priests of those days not the pastors of these days?
Not at all.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2008
do u know how wealthy creflo dollar and TD jakes are.  something is wrong, when u are amassing that amount of wealth without contributing to the community

Dr. Dollar is known for his controversial teachings of Prosperity theology[8], which (along with his non-religious investments[9]) has netted him two Rolls-Royces (one was a gift from his congregation), three private jets, a multi-million dollar home in Fayetteville, and a US $2.7 million apartment in Manhattan.

Dollar's message has been denounced[citation needed] by some Baptist Christians, partly for his message that religious faithfulness will be rewarded by material wealth, and partly for his assertion that "Jesus didn't come as God, he came as a man, and he did not come perfect, he grew into his perfection" with his December 2002 message "Jesus' Growth into Sonship." Dollar's enumeration of "Believer's Rights" also states that all true believers of God have the same miraculous abilities as Jesus himself, including the power to overcome infertility and to raise the dead[14].

I see Creflo Dollar as a Motivational speaker than a Preacher of the Word . . . . .

Some of these speakers talk too much and offcourse when they do, they go off-key, off-point. . . Hence their teachings controversial !!
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by cgift(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2008
o ma ga o
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by SeanT21(f): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2008
Tithe and offering help to pay funds for the church. They don't all go to the pastor pockets. how do you thing the bills are paid for?

If some money dint go to the pastor do you want him to work at McDonald's or get some other job to support himself? Hell Naw

The pastor teaches you the word of God, And You repay him by providing tithes and offerings. Then from the tithes and offerings the pastor take his share and go and provide for his family.

Do You want your pastor to be Brooke because the congregation is Brooke?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2008
SeanT21:

Tithe and offering help to pay funds for the church. They don't all go to the pastor pockets. how do you thing the bills are paid for?

If some money dint go to the pastor do you want him to work at McDonald's or get some other job to support himself? Hell Naw

The pastor teaches you the word of God, And You repay him by providing tithes and offerings. Then from the tithes and offerings the pastor take his share and go and provide for his family.

Do You want your pastor to be Brooke because the congregation is Brooke?

Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, preached the message of salvation and bled on the cross for ur sins . . . what was His monetary reward?
the purpose of tithes and offerings is to bring meat to the household of God NOT to "repay" the pastor for doing what God called Him to do.

Do those "bills" the pastor must pay include Creflo Dollar's 3 private jets when some in his flock cant even buy a bicycle?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Cayon(f): 2:17am On Apr 18, 2008
4Him, youmay have a point
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Zandra1(f): 2:53am On Apr 18, 2008
I only listen to Joel Osteen's sermon and I enjoy them kiss. He's a great preacher/teacher.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 2:58am On Apr 18, 2008
Zandra1:

I only listen to Joel Osteen's sermon and I enjoy them kiss. He's a great preacher/teacher.

Sorry ma'am. he's a great story teller you meant to say? I dont consider a man whose "messages" are usually spiritually empty and devoid of any biblical input as a great "teacher".
What is he "teaching" you?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Cadet(f): 4:05am On Apr 18, 2008
Both of them seriously bore me. Why the screaming and the shouting, all they're doing is spitting undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The True Story Of Ayelala; The Historic Woman Of Courage / The Existence Of A Conscious Watchman (a Discussion) / GOODBYE TO YOU ALL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.