Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Three Things That Tecno Needs To Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Three Things That Tecno Needs To Do (745 Views)

17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria / 5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa / TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Things That Tecno Needs To Do by Tajsagay(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2013
I have been following mobile products made by Tecno for a while. No-one saw the invasion coming, but it is here and Tecno are on to something. I dare say that the only brand in Nigeria that is more synonymous with Android in Nigeria at the moment is Samsung. That isn’t surprising considering the huge resources that Sammy throws at marketing. But walk around Computer Village in Ikeja and your eyes will surely be treated to the bold blue and white colours and logo of Tecno on buildings, signage and even vehicle. Tecno are bold and unapologetic about their intentions to stamp their print on the mobile market in Nigeria.

So far, they haven’t done badly. Tecno is selling feature phones and smartphones everywhere possible, and people are buying. However, if Tecno will build on this early success, it is my opinion that there are at least three things that they need to do.

One: Put a minimum of 1GB RAM on flagships
It is sacrilegious to have anything less than 1GB RAM on an Android flagship. End of story. Putting a measly 512 MB RAM on devices like the N7 and D5 will just not cut it. Yes; you are doing budget, but do give your flagship devices some extra Ooomph! Give enthusiasts that extra performance that sets flagships apart from the rest of the pack.

Two: Make detailed specifications and info about your phones available
Looking for specifications of Tecno smartphones can often be like looking for a needle in the haystack. Even Tecno’s own official website does not have any records of some of their newest phones. This is unacceptable. Information is power. Put it out there. One should not have to scour the world wide web with a comb to find out how much RAM is on a device.

Three: Upgrade that brand
“Tecno” is simple, memorable and all, but it has this ring to it that just doesn’t feel polished enough. Perhaps you can play around a bit. This isn’t something that is urgent, of course. A re-branding campaign now will mean spending funds that can be channeled into technical prowess. The first two items that I listed are much more important, but somewhere along the line, I recommend a makeover of the brand to appeal to more refined minds.

Tecno seems to be here to stay. Where other smaller brands have failed, they have succeeded in stamping themselves on the difficult Nigerian landscape. That is an accomplishment that I hope they will build on. When I say that Nigerians love Tecno, I really mean that Nigerians do. No; not the suit-wearing upper class crowd that are the minority. I mean the 90% who are having access to connected devices because of Tecno’s dirt cheap prices.

SOURCE: http://mobility.com.ng/three-things-that-tecno-needs-to-do/

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Easier And Faster / 2go Help / Things To Consider When Buying A Smartphone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.