Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out (22134 Views)

Four Robbery Suspects Subjected To Jungle Justice, Die In Police Custody / Shocking!!! Robbery Suspects Cut Bars, Escape From Police Cell Pictures / We Rape Our Victims Before Killing Them – Robbery Suspects (Picture And Weapon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by igelomo(m): 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
The syndicate was made up of gangs spread across the South western part of the country including Lagos. Penultimate week, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police command, led by Abba Kyari, a Superintendent of Police SP made a haul of the members that robbed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos. The robbery incidence reverberated in many parts of the country.

There had been similar assault on the airport by armed bandits last year. Hoodlums that carried out the operation made away with large sums of money. Interestingly, some of the members of the gangs who perpetrated the act last year participated in this year’s attack, going by their confessions. The latest attack which took place on March 13, 2013, resulted to death of two police men in addition to large sums of money carted by the hoodlums.

Two weeks ago, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, had paraded seven key members of the gang. These were Ibikunle Alarewanju John, Atobi Adeniyi, Ibrahim Adullahi, Kazim Aderibigbe, Saheed Adekunle a.k.a SP, Christian Joshua aka Onyeze and Saheed Okunola.

Recovered from them were five AKA 47 rifles, Four dynamites, two locally made pistols, 64 AK 47 rifles’ magazines all loaded with 30 rounds of ammunition totaling 1,920 live ammunitions, Toyota Sienna Space Bus with Reg. No BDG 918 AG and charms.

Meanwhile, prior to the parade and in recognition and reward for hard work Manko had presented certificates of commendation award issued by the Inspector General of Police IGP Mohammed Abubakar to Kyari and 17 other officers and men serving in his squad for acts of bravery and gallantry.

The Commissioner, had while handing over the certificates on behalf of the IGP, disclosed that that was the second time Kyari was bagging the IGP award for gallantry and good performance since he became the officer-in-charge of SARS 15th January, 2011.

The first award was dated December 24, 2012, while the second award was dated March 17, 2013.

Giving account of the activities of the arrested robbers, Manko said, “after the attack on the Murtala Mohammed International Airport MMIA on the 13th March, 2013 at about 1930 hours where two policemen were killed and several innocent citizens injured, the Commissioner of Police, Airport Command, forwarded the documents obtained from one of the armed robbers Teslim Okunola a.k.a Esho who was shot dead during the robbery to him, (CP Lagos)”.

According to him, he directed Kyari to go after the robbers with the instructions from the IGP.

“As a result, the following suspects Ibikunle Olarewanju a.ka. Pastor, Okunola Saheed and Saheed Adekunle aka SP were arrested in Lagos and Ikire in Osun State on the 20th March, 2013 and 23rd March, 2013 respectively. Also arrested are Atoba Adeniyi, Ibrahim Adullahi, Kazeem Aderibigbe and Christian Joshua”, he added.

The CP explained that all the suspects confessed participation in the robbery at the MMIA and several other operations in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Kwara States. These included the one in Oro First Bank/ Union Bank armed robbery in Kwara State in January 2013, First Bank/Wema Bank armed robbery in Ikirun in Osun State in December 2012 and the bullion van armed robbery attack at Odogbolu Junction along Lagos Ijebu-Ode Expressway in January 2013.

“They also confessed to the armed robbery attack at MMIA in February 2012, where about Six Hundred Million Naira was carted away”.

Her disclosed that suspects that participated in the 13th March, 2013 MMIA robbery included, Teslim Okunola aka Esho (now late), Kazeem Aderibigbe aka OJ – the middle man that linked the robbers with the informant, Ibrahim Abdullahi – the main informant, Emmanuel Ehianeta aka Arab.

Last week, precisely on April 15, 2013, one of the gang members took the SARS team to Ilorin, Kwara State where another member of the gang identified as Shina Aremu aka China was arrested.

Earlier on April 12, 2013, the SARS decoy team sent of Rivers State in search of a key member of the gang made a major breakthrough after gunning down one of the suspects identified as Chimaobi.

Chimaobi is said to have played key roles in major robberies including the Airport robbery and bank robberies in Kwara State. He was said to be a bomb and explosives expert who detonated bombs to break ATM machine and security doors during operations.

Chimaobi who was based in Port Harcourt, was said to have been captured by the Close Circuit Television (CCTV) footage during the First Bank robbery in Ilorin, Kwara state.

The SARS decoy team was said to have waited patiently in an ambush in his Port Harcourt home for 72 hours before he arrived and as he was about to be arrested, he grabbed the pistol of one SARS members prompting another SARS member to fire at him. He died on the way to the hospital.

Investigation revealed that the suspected robbers were of different gangs but usually fused together when there was a major operation.

Among the major gangs were the Yinusa and Godogodo gang.

SARS burst the gang when information was received that Yinusa was arrested in Ibadan and about to be charged to court for unlawful possession of stolen jeep. Yinusa had been on wanted list by the police in connection with several robbery incidents including September 9 and January robbery activities where five policemen were killed in Lagos.

He was said to be part of Victoria Garden City VGC robbery where robbers exchanged fire with policemen and escaped in two Jeeps. Unknown to the police, two of the robbers died inside the jeep while escaping.

Yinusa’s cup got filled up when he took a new jeep to a spray painter to be repainted to another colour claiming that his brother sent it to him from abroad. ‘Godogodo’ the gang leader was said to be in that operation, while A.Y. and another were killed by police in Ajah without noticing it. It was when Yinusa was arrested that he confessed to this.

According to him, Asiwaju received N180 million as his share of the operation, Arab got N180 million also.

Yinusa is said to be very conversant with Lagos Island, so when his gang wanted to operate in Island, he would lead. He is alleged to be the brain behind all the robberies in Island with Godogodo as chairman.

For the gang that operated in Osun State and robbed the First Bank and Wema Bank, the Bullion Van robbery of Ijebu-Ode, Kwara First Bank and Union Bank robberies, Christian Joshua was mentioned by an arrested robber as part of the gang which carried out the attack. He was arrested at Seme border area where he had gone to buy a vehicle. He then took the police to Cotonou to recover his bus that had a well constructed apartment for storing arms and ammunition.

In his confession, Christian 30, said; “I have been involved in one Bank robbery in Ijebu-Ode. It was Randy that introduced me to robbery in December last year. I was crossing goods for him in Seme border before he introduced me to robbery. It was not more than a year I knew him. He used to buy Hollandis cloths and I used to cross it for him.

“He introduced me to robbery while were eating at Ore because I followed him to supply cloth to a woman in Benin. He told me there was work that we would use this vehicle to do now. In the vehicle, there were arms and ammunition. He said they would use it to collect money from Bullion van. On the day of the operation, we were many. I know Kunle and Paul. We were eight in number. That was the bullion van robbery at Odogbolu, Ogun State.

“We saw the Van moving on the road and we blocked it. That was in this January. I was given N150, 000 because there was no much money in the van.

It was Randy that gave me N700, 000 to buy a bus at Cotonou for robbery. A box was constructed in it for armoury. I drove the vehicle during Bullion van robbery. There was shooting but nobody died. The bus was used to carry the gun and the vehicle was driven by me. I’m from Abia State”.

Another gang is Paul’s gang. Apart from participating in Kwara and Osun Bank robbery incidents, the Gang also was said to have taken part in Lagos Airport robbery.

42-year old Jamiu Fasasi, who is married with three children, was part of the gang.

In his confession, he said; “I’m from Gbaja, Kwara State. Wasiu, who is now dead, introduced me to Paul. Only on this January robbery of First Bank and Union Bank did I participate. We were about 13 persons including Paul and Ope. My role was to pack money. I was given N150, 000. We robbed the two banks the same day. It was First Bank I entered while others went into Union Bank. We divided ourselves because the banks were close to each other. We entered the bank by 5pm. We used Dynamite to open the door. Alfred threw the dynamite. We met two bank staff inside. They opened the safe for us. Nobody was killed.

I’m aware of the last operation at the airport, but did not participate”, he claimed.

Ifeanyi Douglas Onwuchi, while narrating his involvement in the operation said; “I’m from Ebonyi State; I’m 27. It was in Ajiwe in Ondo State that I was initiated. I went to visit my brother there and I used his bike to stroll out. Some people about four in the car, asked me to direct them since I was an Okada man. I told them I was not. One of them mounted the bike and pointed a gun on me and they collected my number.

Thereafter, they started calling me and said I should come to Ore. When I got to Ore, it was Chizoba that called me and told me they were going for robbery. We went to Osun State to rob. It was First Bank and Wema Bank. We were about 12 with two vehicles. I was given N380, 000. They opened the banks with dynamite. I was arrested at Ijebu-Ode Round About”.

In the words of 27-year old Yinusa Lati, another member of the gang; “I’m from Oniru in Victoria Island. I’m married.

Godogodo who lives in Ibadan is my leader. It was Obalola that introduced me to him. I was driving his bus. I had gone out for robbery with them for up to 15 times. We had robbed at Igando and Ajah. These were basically the places we used to rob. I bought Camry 2.4 (big for nothing) with the proceeds. The highest money I have received was N150, 000. I went to spray one Jeep at Ibadan when I was arrested. It was Godogodo that asked me to go and spray the Jeep. He used to command us. You dared not refuse his orders unless you wanted to die,” Lati said.

Adekunle Saheed aka S.P. said; “I’m from Ikirie in Osun State, married with two children. I was not operating with any gang but on Monday March 10, 2013, Esho came to my place because I was managing his farm (poultry and fish) I had already told him that we needed to upgrade the farm. So he told me that he would bring money on Thursday. He said I should follow him to Ijebu-Ode. We went to his friend Asiwaju’s farm. They took me inside bush where an oath was administered on us by Pastor Ibikunle. The oath was not to leak any secret. Around 2 pm I was asked to follow Atoba to Lagos. I was taken to Airport (Lagos) it was only I and Atoba.

At about 7pm, they arrived and started shooting gun. I wanted to meet them because I don’t know where the gun was coming. Asiwaju asked me to lie down, that he would kill me. Eventually after the operation I was given N500, 000. My role was to give information and monitor the area of operation. I was arrested in my village. I bought one motorcycle. The remaining money was in my room when I was arrested.

Toba Adeniyi, 32years, said; “I’m from Ibadan, Oyo State, I’m married with one child. I belong to Asiwaju gang. We have robed in International Airport, Lagos.

I received N500, 000. It was Kazeem aka O.J. that introduced me to robbery”.

Ibikunle John, 37years, in his confession said; “I’m from Ifon in Ondo State. I’m a spiritualist. I live at 73 Aliu Street, Egbe. I was the person that prayed for those who robbed in Airport. I was paid N500, 000. I waited for them at Berger and went down with them to Odogblu. It was there they paid me”.

Ibrahim Abdul, 31years, another gang member, said; “I’m from Plateau State. I’m married with two children. My involvement was that I gave my friend Kazeem information about money at the Airport because I used to push trolley for people coming from abroad. So Kazeem was the person that arranged the people that robbed. I was given N1.5million”.

27-year old Kazeem Aderihigbe, said; “I’m from Ogun State. I live at Meiran in Abule Egba. I’m married with a child. One day Abraheem Adul aka Alhaji came to meet me at Ikeja. He told me there was business at Airport.

He said there was a lot of money where they used to change money. I now contacted Ayo and Asiwaju on the deal. When they came, Alhaji explained the business. So he and Asiwaju agreed to organized people for the robbery. I did not follow them for the operation. After three days, Alhaji called me and said they havd done the job. So, I and Alhaji went to Ijebu to meet Asiwaju and I was given N1.5million”.

Sunday Felix, an Urhobo, belonged to the same gang with Arab from Edo State that included Monday. Monday is dead. According to Felix; “we have been operating in Lagos State. We snatched cars. I always carried the gang with CRV Jeep. I’m 31years. I’m married with one child. I participated in February last year robbery at Airport. I realized N45million.

At the last airport robbery, we realized N10million and I got N550, 000. We robbed banks in Osun State and Ondo State. From the first one, I got N500, 000; the second one, I got N150, 000. In the Ijebu Ode – Shagamu Express Way Bullion Van robbery, l got N150,00”.

It would be recalled that at the Airport robbery incidence, two policemen attached to Apapa Command were killed by robbers. But the policemen killed one of the robbers and made it impossible for the gang to carry the corpse.

Some of the items found on the dead robber provided information that led to the arrest of initial seven suspects by SARS.

http://flynaija.org/confession-lagos-airport-robbery-suspects-speak-out/
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Mmiriariugwu: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
thanks to d policemen 4 their bravity and gallantry.2 all robbers, u can only run but can neva hide 4 ur sins must find u out!
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by zugoboss(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hmm. Serves them right

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
Jeez
I thought the story was never goin to end.
Ssummarry or I will read it later

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by SincereBigot: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
hmmmmm
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Do they now use bomb to blow up security doors in Nigeria? They've taken robbery to the next level in Nigeria and it is not funny.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by theripper3: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Federal character dey evident for this Gang

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by BashMe1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
[size=20pt]Haven't read it but Sigh... i'm contented with the headline alone, no need to read this "article" too long for me[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by ichommy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nemesis
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Lilimax(f): 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
igelomo:

Teslim Okunola aka Esho (now late),
Kazeem Aderibigbe aka OJ
Ibrahim Abdullahi –
Emmanuel Ehianeta aka Arab.
Chimaobi
Asiwaju received N180 million as his share of the operation,
Randy that gave me N700, 000 to buy a bus at Cotonou for robbery.
Jamiu Fasasi,
Ifeanyi Douglas Onwuchi,
Chizoba
Yinusa Lati,
Adekunle Saheed aka S.P.
Toba Adeniyi,
Kazeem aka O.J. that introduced me to robbery”.
Ibikunle John,
Ibrahim Abdul,
Kazeem Aderihigbe,
Abraheem Adul aka Alhaji
Sunday Felix, .
Omo see roll call. All tribes are represented in the robbery.
They have relations out there sad.
Do you know what you relations are doing to earn there living .
Seems we've degenerated to the level of worshippings wealth/ money to the
extent nobody really care how the money is made undecided

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
the_ripper3: Federal character dey evident for this Gang

Na wetin I wan talk bros

Nothing like Tribalism when there is money to be Made...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by shalmen: 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
scarry! apparently there is an inexhaustible supply of manpower!
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by romanlaw(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
AFTER THEY'LL SAY NA IBO LIKE MONEY PASS......

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by WIZGUY69(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
cheesy FBI @ WORK. THE POLICEMAN THAT LED THE SQUAD! What is his name? JACK BAUER?
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Timcy01(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Wow. Wat a sophisticated gang.
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lilimax: Omo see roll call. All tribes are represented in the robbery.
[size=18pt]
Na wa
Una go dey fight for nairaland,criminals go dey cooperate for the underworld,
Showcasing their best talents no matter the geopolitical zone
[/size]
We have something to learn from them wallahi.
[size=18pt]One Nigeria![/size]

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
They should shoot all of them in d skull wat re dey waiting for, n dump them in a river or on the road let's spitt on dia corpses and step on them! U might think am being too mean, buh if u'v withness d heartless idiots go on killing spray n raping innocent victims at will n without remorse U'll favour my judgment! (Animals)

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Chanchit: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Wetin sweet me pass for this thread be say the gang na national gang, which means no tribe bashing.
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Chanchit: Wetin sweet me pass for this thread be say the gang na national gang, which means no tribe bashing.

Yes o
Dem get Asiwaju sef
Maybe they also have an Igwe and a Sarikin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by adamooye5(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
Men of the Nigerian Police have to be commended 4job well done.It's not always abt 20 20 baira.congrats NPF..

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by begwong: 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hehehehehe! National gang
@Chanchit
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by onyengbu: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lilimax: Omo see roll call. All tribes are represented in the robbery.
[size=18pt]Its a lie! Its obviously a Yoruba gang with one or 2 few bad apples from outside the west.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by drsteroid(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
I neva new Nigeria has a gud inteligent officer in person of inspector Kyari.nice inteligence work.I tink he shud work wit d jtf in d north east of Nigeria so as 2 flush out shekau n his boys.now d robbers no dat nothin lasts for long.its pay bak time now.let d govt demolish all properties dey might av gotn tru dis various robbery operationsdey all deserves to be killed cos dey ve bereaved so many families of joy
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
romanlaw: AFTER THEY'LL SAY NA IBO LIKE MONEY PASS......

No mind them jare my brother, all of us like moni o jare
Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Feedmemore(f): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
Wow!

See? NPF can be brilliant when they really need to be, it's just the incentives aren't there for them to carry out thier job. The risk they face is enormous and so they should be well paid for them to carry out their duties.

Bravo to them, the task of unearthing the criminals from different states must have been a daunting task, they did a diligent job.

Once again Bravo!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by mbhs139(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
Someone told me that anytime a police man is killed in armed robbery attack, it is only a matter of time that the robbers will be caught.

This one, without doubt, is a national gang. Every major tribe is represented. And this is similar to our thieving politicians too, there is no discrimination when it comes to looting our collective wealth.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by GeneralJ(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
at least for the first time, all the tribes manged to work together

KUDOS to SARS sha this sounds like something that only happens in America and the U.S., this is a major crime bust

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Let us hope the right people were arrested not some unfortunate touts around the area
I am always skeptical
Anything is possible in that Nigeria so the lazy NPF would appear to be working when we all know they are a huge joke
Where are their forensic labs?
What evidence
What database?
Are we talking of the same police force that uses some dirty 40 leaves exercise book to document cases?
How do we know the man arrested is Okeke and not Okafor,is there an ID and a system of reference?

How do they even track or apprehend criminals ,when they waka on foot and hitch rides from motorists with no radio communication

A Gang with high powered ammunition overpowered the airport in broad daylight and robbed to their hearts desire,the Nigerian police went into hiding and a few weeks later you capture the suspects without a gun battle.
Bikonu make we tok another thing

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out by ifeomabernard(f): 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bash Me: [size=20pt]Haven't read it but Sigh... i'm contented with the headline alone, no need to read this "article" too long for me[/size]
how u take pass jamb justasking

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oporoma Police Station In Bayelsa Burnt By Armed Cultists (Photos) / Four Nigerians Arrested In Philippine For Online Scam / Female Sergeant Sells Baby Brought To Police Station-the Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.