Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. (15146 Views)

The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / See What NTA Tweeted On Amaechi Today!! / Kwankwaso: Over N20billion Allegedly Missing From Kano Pension Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Boyoorisha: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has revealed plans to revisit a N20billion case against the Governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi, which he allegedly embezzled in 2006 while serving as

the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly.

Investigations also revealed that part of the charges levelled against Amaechi by the commission are the illegal acquisition of Reliance Bank Building (N400 million), Fleet House (N650 million) all on Olusegun Obasanjo Road, Port Harcourt and other choice buildings in the highbrow Old GRA of Port Harcourt. Also inclusive is his official Guest House while serving as speaker.

In view of the above, professionals in the state have called on the EFCC to initiate an immediate probe on governor Rotimi Amaechi over his questionable weekly trips to the United Kingdom between 1999 to 2006, the palatial mansion he acquired for himself, and other houses purchased for Chief G. U. Ake, the PDP's Vice-Chairman of the South-South region.

They have also accused the Governor of plundering tax payers' money between 1999 to 2006 through Local Government Chairmen who used developmental funds to pay tribute to him to the tune of N20 million. These are funds that would have been used to develop the various local government areas in the state.

Now the question remains, how can Rotimi Amaechi, a public servant, who was unemployed in 1998 become a billionaire overnight in 2007?

http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/efcc/item/22284-efcc-plans-revisit-on-rotimi-amaechi%E2%80%99s-n20billion-case
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Tolexander: 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hmm!
And some people will be blaming obasanjo for witchhunting those opposing his 3rd term agenda.

GEJ's own is even getting worse than Obasanjo. Remember what they did to Obiageli Ezekwizili.

Maina and the guys indicted in the fuel subsidy scandals are still there!

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Bigflamie(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
Indeed He is playing politics with Amaechi. grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by slimming: 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
Jona men should find another work than running after Amaechi

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Boyoorisha: 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
I just hope this guy won't go the Sylva's way
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by wirinet(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Boyoorisha: I just hope this guy won't go the Sylva's way

don't worry, he won't go the sylva's way. He is not seeking reelection.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by nuclearboy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
Maybe Amaechi will go the way of Sylva, maybe not!

But what does all of this say of our President? Playing "I am bigger than you" with a serving governor because that one doesn't support him, while Boko Haram is killing the people of Nigeria in the dozens almost daily? If all this was thrown against subsidy thieves, Nigeria should have recovered Billions!

What does this portend for even GEJ's own future? Because only people like Abacha who have decided to die in power, can get away with such - does President Jonathan wish to be reviled forever, seen as a petty self-serving person who came into power without honor, lived without principles and left in ignominy?

This charade is so disheartening because Amaechi is NOT going anywhere after this term and needs no good name or support. The man who should be above all this is the one who this nonsense is tainting

20 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by DisGuy: 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
EFCC do they still exist?

anyway GEJ has not been able to oust any northern governor but he's hounding his own Niger Delta Crew Sylvia & co,
one day front no go fit go, back sef no reverse..if he thinks all those women in his cabinet will protect him, hes got another thing coming

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Olaolufred(m): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
NOTHING STOPPED EFCC FROM DOING THEIR WORSE, ONLY ON A CONDITION THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS TO BETTER OUR NATION.
HOWEVER, PDP HAS NOTHING OF SUCH IN MIND.
EFCC HAD BEEN MADE A TOOL IN PDPD'S HAND TO ACHIEVE AN END POLITICALLY.
HOWEVER, AMAECHI WILL BE FEARLESS IF HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING SHADY,
BUT THAT IS A TALL ORDER IN NIGERIA POLITY.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Ngwakwe: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
This Video game is just arousing curiosity.

The Last fight or Reconciliation

Which comes first.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by abagoro(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
My own fear lies in the renewed arms proliferation in Bayelsa State. Everyone on the streets know this and believe it is being done by PDP ahead of 2015. What might happen in Bayelsa come 2015 will be worse than 2003-2007 Rivers State.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by OdionOdion: 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
Isaiah 54:15"They must surly gather but not by me,whosoever shall gather for thy(CHRISTIANS) shall fall for thy sake.Once upon a time Gov Amaechi and Nyesom Wike used the OGBONI cult to control the polititics of Rivers State.Today both are disgracing and exposing their evil deeds in the public.God will surly
Judge Gov Amaechi and Nyesom Wike for misleading the yuoths of Rivers state into occult
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Bigflamie(m): 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
please I want to find out if truly tomorrow has being declared public holiday? [/quote]

grin grin You're on point.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by duality(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
nuclearboy: Maybe Amaechi will go the way of Sylva, maybe not!

But what does all of this say of our President? Playing "I am bigger than you" with a serving governor because that one doesn't support him, while Boko Haram is killing the people of Nigeria in the dozens almost daily? If all this was thrown against subsidy thieves, Nigeria should have recovered Billions!

What does this portend for even GEJ's own future? Because only people like Abacha who have decided to die in power, can get away with such - does President Jonathan wish to be reviled forever, seen as a petty self-serving person who came into power without honor, lived without principles and left in ignominy?

This charade is so disheartening because Amaechi is NOT going anywhere after this term and needs no good name or support. The man who should be above all this is the one who this nonsense is tainting

silly sentiments.

why don't you see it from the angle that most of our politicians are corrupt. with your mindset I don't think we can successfully fight corruption. Lets just say EFCC decides to prob Edo or Lagos state govt, people like you'll call it victimization.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by nl1stmadmann: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
[size=18pt]sapula uta putala fu fobiokofatayayomo?[/size]
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by teskyg: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fake story.EFCC PLANS?
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by lafuria1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
duality:

silly sentiments.

why don't you see it from the angle that most of our politicians are corrupt. with your mindset I don't think we can successfully fight corruption. Lets just say EFCC decides to prob Edo or Lagos state govt, people like you'll call it victimization.
U are funny and naive. U seriously believe EFFC is trying to fight corruption, can you remind me how's many governors they've prosecuted. The key word you should pay attention is 'revist'. All this years they knew ameachi was corrupt but they kept quiet but decided to revist it when he is having political issues with the president. If he settles the president, case closed right?

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
This is why section 308 of the 1999 constitution (as amended) needs to be repealed. It is absurd that criminal investigations on individuals have to be set aside due to the political office such a fellow holds.

Nonetheless, I hope this latest action by d EFCC is not a witch-hunt from President Jonathan, as we saw during OBJ's tenure.
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by sosodevf(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Aii but wait o; ok 4gedabaut it
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Ama28(f): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
I can imagine the kind of man we have as a president. Looks like his definition of corruption is witch hunt.
Anyway I am also happy that investigations are on going! This is a sure way of fighting corruption but can Mr. Jonathan be holistic about it and fish all that has embezzled our fund out?

A step in the right direction
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by confusion247(m): 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Amaechi guilty or not guilty?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by templeinyou(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
duality:

silly sentiments.

why don't you see it from the angle that most
of our politicians are corrupt. with your mindset I don't think we can successfully fight corruption. Lets just say EFCC decides to prob Edo or Lagos state govt, people like you'll call it victimization.

You are correct, but where were they since, why now, must every surppot GEJ? what IS domocracy. well. I heard of election conducted since 2011 but still lingering in court till date
Bros WHY?
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by dreu2fine(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
We shd av ask ourself wo is behind dis revist of case n y?is it bc amechi wons to contest for d presidency?
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by mbulela: 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
A secret is that which is known by only one person.
All the deals Wike and Amaechi hatched in secret will be revealed soon.
Who will reveal the ones Wike is doing with UBE?
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by otunbacymbal(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
EFCC AGAIN,,,OGA AT THE TOP IS COMMANDING... grin.BOYS GO AND TEACH HIM SOME LESSONS... sad

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by victorD3: 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
All I know is that be you government or anti government you will never be witch hunt if ur not corrupt.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Xfactoria: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Boyoorisha: I just hope this guy won't go the Sylva's way

He is sure to go that way! You don't stand in the way of a moving train and expect not to be crushed. He's so stupid to have underestimated a Nigerian President. The Presidency is a powerful office and it does not matter who occupies that position or whatever name he goes by. I have said it before, even OBJ "no get mouth" except Jonathan does not want to wield power and I think he is going to learn to wield it with people like Tony Anenih in his think tank.

Check out my previous post on GEJ/Amaechi tussle on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1269269/dickson-amaechi-want-leader-opposition/1#15419678
Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Xfactoria: 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
templeinyou:

You are correct, but where were they since, why now, must every surppot GEJ? what IS domocracy. well. I heard of election conducted since 2011 but still lingering in court till date
Bros WHY?

No, everyone doesn't have to support GEJ but if you have skeleton in your cupboard, you aint got many choices. Whoever finds out your most guarded secret becomes your master.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Plans Revisit On Amaechi’s N20billion Case. by Demdem(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Efcc should first revisit the retardeen's wife money laundering case. Rubbish.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola / Kebbi Governor, Nasir Idris Gives Out Multimillion Naira Cars To Lawmakers / Raymond Dokpesi's 66th Birthday Celebration In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.