Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" (13394 Views)

Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / Let's Scrutinize This Maxim "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat" / Before Calling Your Boyfriend A Cheat Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
I recently met this girl and she was honest enough to tell me that she cheated twice on her ex twice shocked

First time with a guy, second time with another. They eventually broke up and she attributed it to her ex finding out and breaking up with her and how she was also done, according to her, she wasn't getting enough attention, care and love and had been long over the relationship before it waas over. As a matter of fact, the guy has been begging her to come back which is kinda weird considering she cheated so, might be true about the neglect.

To be fair to her, it was a long distance relationship (same country) and the guy never for once attempted to see her for over 3 months.
She was very honest with me about everything and i'm not sure many girls will do that.

With that said, this girl likes me a lot and seems to be in love with me, i'm falling for her as well and she's said the ball is in my court. My fear is that i've been a victim of a serious infidelity in a relationship, my ex cheated on me which was shattering and left me scarred sad sad

It's been a long time since that and i've pretty much been single since my ex and i'm long over it but is this the right way to get back in the game? For those hwo have cheated in previous reltionships, do you see/find yourself doing it again?

Serious reponses only

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
17 views, no answer? sad sad sad
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Caracta(f): 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
Old things have passed away. Give her the benefit of the doubt. Watch her closely. Some girls have done a lot worse than that and they are still living good lives. It's a good thing she told you about her past.

Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone...

8 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Caracta: Old things have passed away. Give her the benefit of the doubt. Watch her closely. Some girls have done a lot worse than that and they are still living good lives. It's a good thing she told you about her past.

Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone...
I've never cheated on a girl

Can you trust such a guy if it was reversed?
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Caracta(f): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
DnigerianPrince:

I've never cheated on a girl

Can you trust such a guy if it was reversed?
It wasn't an accusation. I was just trying to tell you that nobody is perfect. Twasn't even a direct shot at you.

As for me, the fact that a man has never cheated doesn't mean he cannot cheat He might just choose not to. I trust a man, not because of what he CAN do but because of what he chose not to do. And also for the sake of peace and longevity.

Do you trust a girl that has never confessed cheating before? Pls answer.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Not true. Anybody can have a switch-flip, a sense of conviction.
Some hated the things they once sherished, other love wot they once abhor!
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Caracta:
It wasn't an accusation. I was just trying to tell you that nobody is perfect. Twasn't even a direct shot at you.

As for me, the fact that a man has never cheated doesn't mean he cannot cheat He might just choose not to. I trust a man, not because of what he CAN do but because of what he chose not to do. And also for the sake of peace and longevity.

Do you trust a girl that has never confessed cheating before? Pls answer.
I didn't think it was a shot at me smiley

I can't say i do or don't but because she has no history of such or none that i'm aware of, it makes it easier to trust her and let her have such benefit.
However you're right in the sense that, everyone is capable of cheating but we only choose not to. Question now is, why didn't she choose the other option of not cheating? Please note, i can't ask her this as it makes her feel worse about herself and it's like beating a dead horse BUT i'm curious

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Caracta(f): 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
She made a mistake she wasn't proud of (i guess). How would you have known if she didn't tell you? There are some things we do and question our actions later. I'm not trying to hold brief for her action(s)...but i think you should give her a chance. To make you feel better, don't get deeply involved and commited until you trust her again.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
Caracta: She made a mistake she wasn't proud of (i guess). How would you have known if she didn't tell you? There are some things we do and question our actions later. I'm not trying to hold brief for her action(s)...but i think you should give her a chance. To make you feel better, don't get deeply involved and commited until you trust her again.

I agree we make mistakes as human, thanks for the advice and it's duly noted
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
They never actually tell the correct number of times they have cheated.

9 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
tpacalipse: They never actually tell the correct number of times they have cheated.
I want to believe in this instance that she did.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by WackyJ1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
Guy every girl is capable of cheating, it is in them whether they have done it or not, that we know (xThis is your girl when she is still with her ex and had not cheated), okay now we know that sometimes there can be tempatations that one cannot resist at times and this leads to cheating, when a girl has done is once and she is truly sorry she can decide not to do it again (This is your girl after she has cheated once on her ex), here we don't know whether the girl will cheat again though it likely that she will but there is still a chance, you just have to watch and then see what happens (ooops what happens, your girl cheats again). do you see the point i am trying to make?
Hey you could look at what caracta has said and decide to have faith or you can look t history and also consider the fact that sometimes appearing to come clean can also be a deception. Guy i will tell you something, it is not safe to hang on to only one babe even when the babe is good, talkless of one that has cheated twice before, guy forget confession matter, catholics confess all the time but sometimes they still repeat the smae sin (this is not a jibe at catholics just for analogical purposes).

summary of Advice: Watch your step with that girl, you have no proof that she has changed, all you have is proof that she can cheat and has done it before (twice on one guy). What a girl says is different than what she does until and unless proven otherwise

8 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by moneyhungry(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2013
what language is the word 'CHEATER'?.
Gbagaun on the front page!

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by dridowu: 12:21pm On May 01, 2013
Once debe is always debe
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by angelTI(f): 12:21pm On May 01, 2013
d only constant thing is CHANGE! A cheat can definately change

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:24pm On May 01, 2013
She cheated TWICE on her ex TWICE..what kind of woman is dat

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by dridowu: 12:24pm On May 01, 2013
money-hungry :
go use am kolet money 4 bank
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2013
D best advice I will give to u is to be like a consultant to the girl...as in tell her if she wants to pump...u will recommend guys for her..but she should not just do without ur consent datzall
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 01, 2013
Mr op! Trust me when I say, she will cheat again and again and again. Proof is that, she didn't open her legs to just one guy alone, she did it once and went further to do it the 2nd time... Come on, can't you see the hand writting? She'll do it again.

I think she's sorry only because she was caught.

In-fact, she have no right to call her punny private part anymore, it now belong to the federal government. Hence, it's a public dumping ground. tongue

7 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by pekelepekele(m): 12:32pm On May 01, 2013
A married woman ones cheated on her husband and promised herself never to go back into it . Her first reason was that the man she met that made her cheat on her husband wasn't even close to the performance of her husband in bed and even his joystick size is smaller to that of her husband.

Another married woman did the same . She cheated on her husband and promised herself to always do it and in fact she regret she hasn't been doing it for long . Her confession was that the new guy gives more attention and his joystick size together with his performance is superior to that of her husband.

The prayer I and my friends always do for ourselves when at the bar is what am going to pray for all male readers.

OLOKO NLA ONI BA IYAWO ESUN

9 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Jazzgreen(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2013
the heading of this thread is a disgrace to Nigeria . ..."CHEATER" ... are we talkin about animals here edit that ..once a CHEAT ,always a CHEAT.thanks

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 01, 2013
The answer to this question... ehn? lies in research. However research in itself is not universal as it is usually limited to a sect or age or sex.

We can only have opinions, conjectures and bla bla bla from people here.

In my own opinion, I do not know.

ON THE CONTRARY YOU GUYS SHOULD FORGET ABOUT HEADING
. Imagine? The word is even acceptable and we don abuse the guy.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 01, 2013
At op! Are you a student in a higher institution? This sounds like campus stuff.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DJDOLA(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2013
Run for dat girl she is a cheater
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2013
Jazzgreen: the heading of this thread is a disgrace to Nigeria . ..."CHEATER" ... are we talkin about animals here edit that ..once a CHEAT ,always a CHEAT.thanks
Too many useless english professors...the word CHEATER has been accepted in use...especially on media even in d US....so stop saying rubbish

11 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 01, 2013
Op, you are just selfish. You are not married to her and still want to have her alone 2 yourself
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by unforgiven: 12:53pm On May 01, 2013
cheesy short form of two words "cheat' and "her"
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by baynix(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2013
Jazzgreen: the heading of this thread is a disgrace to Nigeria . ..."CHEATER" ... are we talkin about animals here edit that ..once a CHEAT ,always a CHEAT.thanks

Ode.. CHEETAH is for animal!! And like someone said.. the word CHEATER has been recognised!! So phuck of here and stop forming!

@OP.. She still gon cheat just to taste more bulalas!!

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 01, 2013
money-hungry :

According to the english man, you are a CHEAT. Nowadays though, people care less what the English man thinks.
Yes Cheater is not supposed to be a word but AMERICANS use it and if you know anything about America, you will realize anything Yankee says goes. EVEN CNN has used the word CHEATER on their display a million times so let it rest. CHEATER has come to stay.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Swagakid(m): 12:56pm On May 01, 2013
:/ah tayama ooo....

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by kandiikane(m): 12:56pm On May 01, 2013
It's true if speaking of men but false if talking of women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Loved And Wanted Me Much,i Ignored Her,now I Want Her Badly / I Think My 11yr Old Nephew Is Gay / South African Pantless Dancer Zodwa Wabantu Exposes Her Vagina In Racy New Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.