Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,405 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Swange Music: How Do You See It? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Swange Music: How Do You See It? (7651 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Swange Music: How Do You See It? by Manta(m): 6:17pm On May 12, 2006
Swange is a contemporary popular social dance of the Tiv people of Benue State in Central Nigeria. It is a dance of fast, slow, rhythmic and undulating movements, expressing youth and vigour. Swange is played at various types of social and religious functions for the enjoyment of the old and the young.

Sixfootplus had this to say about it "Swange is the name given to the traditional dance of the Tiv-speaking people of Benue state of Nigeria . The dance is characterized by rhythmic contortion in slow mode & vibrant display, typical of African dance forms.
It is heavily percussion- based, aided by a traditional horn (al-gaita), which blows in an unbroken succession for as long as the drumming, Singing and dancing is going on."

Some Benue artists mix this dance pattern up with their stage performances to the admiration of their fans; notable amond these are, Zulezoo, Bravo D, Sixfootplus etc.

If you have been opportuned to listen to swange music or watched the swange dance, let us know what you feel about it.

Re: Swange Music: How Do You See It? by ofokasibe: 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2009
its tight i like six foot on the rap version.where is six foot plus?

(1) (Reply)

M.i / Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". / What is Happening to Eedris Abdukarim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.