Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Eons Tales..... Series - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eons Tales..... Series (725 Views)

Boarding Tales / Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) / Tales Of John (A KingzPen Studio Production) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eons Tales..... Series by Synergy22(m): 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
EON’S TALES
TALE 2
It is wonderful to have you around once more, welcome back, hope you had a nice time last week with Eon and you were able to get the best out of all he shared with you? Always ensure to put into practice all you learn, for that way you shall surely grow, and always ensure you pay attention to cultivating an unshakable character, never be swayed by the conditions of life.
Before we get into the juicy tale of today, there is a remarkable statement made by Eon at a gathering of young people who came to draw wisdom from his bosom “there is nothing extraordinary that was achieved or will ever be accomplished, that the achiever never believed him/her self superior to the conditions or environmental challenges around them”. This affirms what I always believed and shared with those around me, for you to be spectacular or outstanding, it has to begin with you knowing you can conquer when the situations around you says otherwise.
Again , I open the scroll of antecedence and share some nuggets by Eon
• Envy not the oppressor and choose none of his ways
• Devise not evil against thy neigbour
Eon relates:
On one of my sojourns to foreign lands, I witnessed an event that made me to search for more answers to the question of life and existence. Nebulon, the merchant and herdsman who lived in Leboa, ten leagues away from Neopk province, a very good friend of Eon, was a senior courtier in Leboa.
He (Nebulon) was a revered and highly respected personality, he had accumulated possessions that could last his tenth generation to come, theking had a soft spot for Nebulon, as his wise and promptly advice saved the kingdom on several occasions, but there was a twist in the tale somewhere(continue reading).
On the home front, he had a large number of servants and a retinue of maids. Due to his wealth and affluence, he accumulated a lot of friends as well, notably amongst whom was Fleso. Who had a pretty and angelic wife Neola, who was regarded as the hand maid of the gods.
Nebulon had eyes for the wife of his friend, he paid several visits to Fleso, who never doubted his loyalty as a friend. Despite being famous Nebulon was a schemer, on several occasion he would send his guards to fetch Neola on the promise of wealth unimaginable. Neola was a devoted wife, never swayed by the promises of Nebulon. (twist about to begin)
On a cool breezy evening, the sun had just set over Leboa, on the broad street of sushwan, stood Nebulon dressed gracefully even more than the king and a strange figure never seen in all of Leboa. They talked in a low tone and after few minutes bid farewell to each other.
In leboa, the Night of the fullmoon was a night to pay homage to the gods of fire who were to have protected Leboa from invasion in times past, on the said night, no man was to be found fighting or arguing with another man.
Fleso had just eaten his evening meal and climbed to the roof of his house, to be one with nature. Suddenly he heard a loud noise from his household, he rushed down and found a strange man trying to rape his beloved Neola, out of anger, he hit the fellow and a fight was inevitable.
Nebulon had carefully plotted that the king and himself pass by the house of Fleso at the said hour. The law was clear on this matter, both men were to be sacrificed on the altar of Leboaz(god of fire). Nebulon used his highly exalted office to convince the king and his fellow courtiers that they couldn’t sacrifice a man who was not an indigene of their province, if they did Leboa risked inviting war to themselves by killing a man who was ignorant to their laws and coustom. As for Fleso, he should be made to go the way of the law.
As a good friend and adviser of the king and court, his argument was bought by all. The strange man was freed after been trashed for trespassing the household of Fleso, Fleso was to be sacrificed on the next full moon and for the time being was in the dungeon.
Nebulon finally had his time with Neola by promising to free her husband with his influence. On the execution day, Nebulon pleade that Fleso be sold to him as a slave and all that he owned, as there was a clause on the law that states “if a free man was to be executed, he could be bought and hence his freedom became his ultimate price” the clause was activated by Nebulon, and he finally bought over Fleso and his household (including Neola).
She (Neola) finally became his slave wife, out of shock for the new trend, Fleso died. On this sad note I end tale 2.
You see how people can manipulate the law and others in their bid to achieving their selfish desires. As you saw, Nebulon played with the law and the minds of the courtiers and the king. I say to you, be careful of the company you keep and never use your position to oppress another.
May God keep you from harm’s way, and keep harm from your way.

Re: Eons Tales..... Series by Synergy22(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2013
welcome, before i continue, I ask again for the uptenth time, hope our last tale was useful to you?. Today, we roll the scroll of antecedence, to learn what Eon wishes to share with us, in one of his outings, he summed up wisdom with a quote that i have kept to heart, "the bamboo that bends to the wind is stronger than the oak tree that resists". In other words, he meant with flexibility, you can adapt to any situation and do anything you wish. Never stop learning from your experiences just like the bamboo, which developed a survival technique, by bending unlike the oak which resist and is hacked down by the wind. Today, Eon is going to introduce us to a set of individuals. After the days work, old and young gather at the Temple to hear from Eon, he says . *reprove not a scorner lest he hates thee *rebuke a wise man and he will love thee *stolen water is sweet, bread eaten in secret is pleasant but he knoweth not that the dead are in the depth of hell. Just in his usual manner, he says, today i will tell you tales of two category of people: the scorner and the thief. Like I usually say, anything gotten or acquired illegally has its consequencies. Ariel in her midteens was fond of keeping male friends, amongst her numerous friend was Bellae, Ariel was the daughter of the kings' chamberlain, she was given the best life could offer and was trained to be nice to all(ladylike). Bellae, from a modest family in the province, always had her way at home , spoilt by her mother and disrepectful and egocentric to say the least. In her dealings with all, she had an aura of superiority. .

(1) (Reply)

A Typical Nairaland Thread / Do I Have A Future In Writing. Three Short Stories For You To Read And Review / Ife's Diary: Sunday Swag And Milkshakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.