Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (424727 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2014
felixfelix: Glory to God, visa approved since morning. Details to come shortly.

congratulations to you my Good brother... the celebration continues... Go leave your American dream

@ EgbonBode.. congrats to you too
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Cypriankosiso: Plz house, do I need to take my certificate to abuja for certificate authentification b4 I can use it in Americ, or wht do I do bcs I don't hve time, I will leave nigeria by next week
plz ppl that hve travel shuld ans me bcs d preparation nd settlemnt in usa has been removed, am going to matachussett in boston, plz is any body of dis family ova thir, and do I need to authenticate my certificate in nigeria b4 I can us it agin in boston. I hve 6days mor in nigeria
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2014
Firewami:

Adults are NOT MUCH again in the house. Shidoshi How do u knw. Asking for a favour doesn't warrant insult. Pls becareful what and how u post comments. Must u comment wen u aren't sure of something. Iv got my visa before u think of 2NL
I got a notification but no msg.. ??
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2014
Congrats to EgbonBode and FelixFelix... Waiting to read ur testimony toh gbona felifeli

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2014
EgbonBode: To God be the glory, my visa was approved this morning. I thank God and members of this house for help on requirements through postings on this forum. I will give details later.

Praise God! Congrats.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2014

Victory at last! We give God all the praise . Congrats.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by EgbonBode: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
I am writing this long input to the forum because I think it might be useful for somebody. I got some direction from these forum and other forums. Every US embassy have a lot in common but there are things unique in preparing for the US diversity immigrant visa interview in each embassy. Preparing for the interview and attending it in London is somehow different from attending it in other places mostly in terms of getting the police report or reports and the medical.

Police Report from Nigeria
I was in Nigeria in April, I used the opportunity to do the police report at Alagbon. The input from nairaland made it very smooth for me. My wife did not come to Nigeria that made her own a little different. She has to go to MET police office in London to get her fingerprint done. (Taking your fingerprint yourself or by someone that is not police is not acceptable to US embassy in london – this is stated on their website). The finger print done in London was sent to me in Lagos. I took it to Alagbon and they worked on it and generated the police report for my wife.

Police Report from UK
Getting police report in UK is by downloading a form from ACPO police website, filling the form, attaching your picture and proof of address and sending it to the address specified on the form.

Medical
I went for my medical in early August at Knightbridge doctors in central london. Part of the requirement is for you to bring in medical report from your GP (GP means general practitioner doctor in clinic that you normally use). We went with our medical reports. A doctor examined each of us. Their conclusion that day is that we take some vacination and that the medical report from my GP is not detailed enough. We have to go back to my GP to get more detailed medical report. We attempted taking our immunisation from other places before going back with more detailed medical report but not all the vaccination are available in places we visited. We could not get the detailed medical report till 10days after our initial medical examination. Our medical got almost too late to the embassy. I thank God that we made it.
Please note that you will need to book your medical with Knightbridge doctor about one month ahead of the time you want to attend the medical examination to get a place. They are the only one for the whole of UK. Also note that if you are not born in UK and grow up there it will be to your advantage to give at least 3 to 4 weeks between your medical examination and your visa interview. The reason been that your medical history might have some gaps unlike people born and bread in UK that have continuos medical history. This will enable you to get more time to go back and get more information from your GP if needed. I will also advise you take your vacination in the Knightbridge clinic because you might find some difficult to get outside the Knighbridge doctor.

The interview
I joined the queue outside the embassy by 7:15am for 8:00am appointement. We were admitted into the building about 7:45am. I was called to the counter where my documentation were compiled about 8:10am. Please note unlike Lagos where there is no need to bring proof of support, in London US embassy you need to bring proof of support. It was requested from me, I went with three. My bank accout showing some saving. This was rejected. The man asked me how much was on it. Immediately I mentioned it, he said no. I also went with two affidavit of support. When I gave him the first one he checked it and said that it is OK that I do not need the second. I do not know what the outcome would have been if I have not brought the proof of support. I will advice whoever is going to go with some saving or affidavit of support from friends in US.
I was directed to go and pay after the collection of the documentation.
We were called to the interview proper about 09:00am. We exchange greetings with the interviewer, we were asked to swear or affirm we did that and three question were asked from me.
a. What is your highest degree?
b. Where did you study?
c. What work are you doing?
My wife was asked if she has ever been removed from USA. We did not understand why the question was asked because my wife have never been to the US. She answered no and that she has never been there.
We were told that I am approving your visa. We were advised to collect it in about 10 working days time from the address we registered earlier. Our original documentation were returned to US including the CD for our xray and the police reports.
Please note that
a. It is advisable to go with the proof of your legal stay in UK. This was requested during the documentation part.
b. Register for the collection of your passport before you go for the visa interview. The printout of the registration will be needed during documentation.
c. If it is a cold day dress appropriately. You may spend up to an hour outside before you are admitted into the building.
d. Go with proof of support
I thank God for making everything to go smoothly. I thank this forum for information.

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by opeone: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
pls fellow forumite, am now in united state, pls i want you all to advise me on what to do concerning my undergraduate study, i would like to study medicine but since there system of education is different from nigeria, i will like to know what course to study at college and the years it takes, the reason is that, i dont want to waste anytime. Thanks for your quick response and God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TeamclicksAir: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2014
Congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... grin grin grin... time to parry. book your ticket also if you havent done that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
opeone: pls fellow forumite, am now in united state, pls i want you all to advise me on what to do concerning my undergraduate study, i would like to study medicine but since there system of education is different from nigeria, i will like to know what course to study at college and the years it takes, the reason is that, i dont want to waste anytime. Thanks for your quick response and God bless you all.
haba...u dey there already nao.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why would folks who have gotten their visas...turn around and say they have an adopted child? When did Nigerians start adoption spree? Omo, wahala dey as all man visa got canceled.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by worry359(m): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
opeone: pls fellow forumite, am now in united state, pls i want you all to advise me on what to do concerning my undergraduate study, i would like to study medicine but since there system of education is different from nigeria, i will like to know what course to study at college and the years it takes, the reason is that, i dont want to waste anytime. Thanks for your quick response and God bless you all.
If you are in America then you are in the best place to answer this question!
Use Google to search for schools then look on their websites for what you want to study, there will be conditions and prices.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ronaldreagan26: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
worry359:
If you are in America then you are in the best place to answer this question!
Use Google to search for schools then look on their websites for what you want to study, there will be conditions and prices.

@worry359.......hahahahaa...........good answer to the Op...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by omowisdom: 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
good to hear u re now in the state, can you please inform us what was required of you in your point of entry, i mean in the airport when you arrived. apart from the package from DHL n xray result, was there anything else required?
ferdimako:
haba...u dey there already nao.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by omowisdom: 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
good to hear u re now in the state, can you please inform us what was required of you in your point of entry, i mean in the airport when you arrived. apart from the package from DHL n xray result, was there anything else required?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by select500: 4:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Cypriankosiso: Plz house, do I need to take my certificate to abuja for certificate authentification b4 I can use it in Americ, or wht do I do bcs I don't hve time, I will leave nigeria by next week

@ Cypriankosiso,
You don't need to do any certificate authentification in Abuja. When you get to the USA, any school you apply to will tell you what to do.
In most cases, they will tell you to do an Evaluation of your certificate, by sending it to an evaluation body/ company, and you will pay a fee for that.
So no worries!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by omowisdom: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2014

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lalove999: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2014
gagubric: please I'm a Dv 2014 winner with a CN AF90xxx, what is my chance to be appointed for an interview

Have u send your form to KCC?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2014
God owns every glory in my DV case, becos with futile attempts to further my education abroad since 2006 I had to hang in the towel in 2011 an started a 2nd Postgraduate here in 2012.I played this particular lottery to please the demand of my friend who came asking me to go with him to play it.Of course I had been playing lottery since 2007,as I said I called it a quit becos I had suffered several disappointments in that regard.In 2011 precisely, somebody I know who calls himself an agent had my international passport with him over one year just for Qatar visa he told me he would get for me in a month.I pleaded and pleaded to have my passport back all to no avail.He was full of stories not until God intervened dt I had it miraculously with me.Just after that, out of voraciousness the passport missed flight again. Another person had the passport ceased for a long time becos the person who nearly got Georgia student visa for me was in debt with him and he confiscated some items in his possession including my passport.I got my passport from him by his grace when I sent my form to KCC.Sincerely, I was uninterested in the whole stuff when I found out that my friend who played this lottery was not selected.I did not bother to check mine.My conclusion was that since we played it together automatically I lost too. But something told me to check it after a month plus he had checked his, and that I did on the 26th of Sept 2013 behold I was selected, hence the preparations that saw fruition to this visa approval proper.I must confess my victory is not a personal effort. First, it is God. Second, is you.If I should forget the assistance of this house I am an ingrate.I would not be one I pray.May I appreciate Sam Olaniyi who introduced me into this noble house. t.I simply had to learn the ABC of what ought to be done or not all the time from everybody's posts.I can't mention names 4 dy are numerous.
Thus the interview:
I got to the embassy before 5am for I lodged at VI opposite High Court.We stood for a long time even under the rain. After normal security checks and documentation my number beeped at window 16 where a white lady interviews
Co:Good morning
Me: good morning
Co; Finger print pls
Me: I did (Fast though for I had observed how it goes)
Co: sign in the yellow marking
Me; did
Co:What do u do 4 a living?
me; I just completed my M.A studies at University of Lagos
CO which subject?
me; Philosohy
Co;u served?
me; i hv my exemption
Co; what do you plan to do with Philosophy?
me; I want to do community service ( I filled this in my form)
Co; what courses did u take in Phil?
Me; Ethics,Epistemology Metaphysics (trying to mention others)
co; What is Metaphysics
Me; was explaining
Co; I approve ur visa( brought white paper circled collection center in 7 days time)
me; thanks and collected back my documents.

Observation; Alaways secure ur doc because there is rain.The cashier would not be happy when ur money is wet, protect it form rain.
Be confident if u are not fake, the visa is urs.
Single people have ur eyes on ur education or occupation u filled in the form.The married people should be keen with their family relationship, if u have a child try to know when s/he was born including the time.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
God is indeed Faithful. Go be whom you've always meant to be..@felixfelix
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by osufamily(f): 12:29am On Aug 24, 2014
felixfelix: God owns every glory in my DV case, becos with futile attempts to further my education abroad since 2006 I had to hang in the towel in 2011 an started a 2nd Postgraduate here in 2012.I played this particular lottery to please the demand of my friend who came asking me to go with him to play it.Of course I had been playing lottery since 2007,as I said I called it a quit becos I had suffered several disappointments in that regard.In 2011 precisely, somebody I know who calls himself an agent had my international passport with him over one year just for Qatar visa he told me he would get for me in a month.I pleaded and pleaded to have my passport back all to no avail.He was full of stories not until God intervened dt I had it miraculously with me.Just after that, out of voraciousness the passport missed flight again. Another person had the passport ceased for a long time becos the person who nearly got Georgia student visa for me was in debt with him and he confiscated some items in his possession including my passport.I got my passport from him by his grace when I sent my form to KCC.Sincerely, I was uninterested in the whole stuff when I found out that my friend who played this lottery was not selected.I did not bother to check mine.My conclusion was that since we played it together automatically I lost too. But something told me to check it after a month plus he had checked his, and that I did on the 26th of Sept 2013 behold I was selected, hence the preparations that saw fruition to this visa approval proper.I must confess my victory is not a personal effort. First, it is God. Second, is you.If I should forget the assistance of this house I am an ingrate.I would not be one I pray.May I appreciate Sam Olaniyi who introduced me into this noble house. t.I simply had to learn the ABC of what ought to be done or not all the time from everybody's posts.I can't mention names 4 dy are numerous.
Thus the interview:
I got to the embassy before 5am for I lodged at VI opposite High Court.We stood for a long time even under the rain. After normal security checks and documentation my number beeped at window 16 where a white lady interviews
Co:Good morning
Me: good morning
Co; Finger print pls
Me: I did (Fast though for I had observed how it goes)
Co: sign in the yellow marking
Me; did
Co:What do u do 4 a living?
me; I just completed my M.A studies at University of Lagos
CO which subject?
me; Philosohy
Co;u served?
me; i hv my exemption
Co; what do you plan to do with Philosophy?
me; I want to do community service ( I filled this in my form)
Co; what courses did u take in Phil?
Me; Ethics,Epistemology Metaphysics (trying to mention others)
co; What is Metaphysics
Me; was explaining
Co; I approve ur visa( brought white paper circled collection center in 7 days time)
me; thanks and collected back my documents.

Observation; Alaways secure ur doc because there is rain.The cashier would not be happy when ur money is wet, protect it form rain.
Be confident if u are not fake, the visa is urs.
Single people have ur eyes on ur education or occupation u filled in the form.The married people should be keen with their family relationship, if u have a child try to know when s/he was born including the time.

congrat God is merciful
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
EgbonBode: To God be the glory, my visa was approved this morning. I thank God and members of this house for help on requirements through postings on this forum. I will give details later.
Congratulations,to him be all the glory.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
congratulations
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
For ur congratulatory messages I say tanks to u all.Kudos to u busatos,eleshinleekan,lakeside4xt,diskindgod,Adeboy007,ststeven,giftedhandz,teamclicksAir,marymary,osufamily and cynthia4real.May God bless u all abundantly.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pls can any body help me please? I wish to travel 2nd week or ending of Sept to Michigan.What is the cheapest fare? From my inquiry so far the fare range is four hundred thousand plus and this is too expensive for my pocket. Can I get a connecting flight to Michigan? Can any body host me a day in his or her state to help me book a local flight to Michigan? How would I travel without expending such an outrageous price?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2014
Cypriankosiso: plz ppl that hve travel shuld ans me bcs d preparation nd settlemnt in usa has been removed, am going to matachussett in boston, plz is any body of dis family ova thir, and do I need to authenticate my certificate in nigeria b4 I can us it agin in boston. I hve 6days mor in nigeria
Oga, in my own opinion , Using ur Certificate here in the US requires you to send it to the appropriate Organization that will verify it...Org they recognize such as WES( World Education Service)...Am not sure about the ones done in Nigeria...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 10:51am On Aug 27, 2014
Cypriankosiso: plz ppl that hve travel shuld ans me bcs d preparation nd settlemnt in usa has been removed, am going to matachussett in boston, plz is any body of dis family ova thir, and do I need to authenticate my certificate in nigeria b4 I can us it agin in boston. I hve 6days mor in nigeria

I am sorry if this info is coming late. To be able to use your school certificates in the USA, your credentials need to be evaluated by one of the following bodies:

http://www.wes.org/fees/evaltypes.asp

http://www.cgfns.org/services/ces-academic-report/

http://ierf.org

Please note that there are other agencies out there that offer the same services. But from research the above three are frequently used and accepted. You can read their websites for more information on services rendered and fee to see which suits you best.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 10:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Congratulations on your visa approval @ felixfelix and egbonbode

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2014
felixfelix: Pls can any body help me please? I wish to travel 2nd week or ending of Sept to Michigan.What is the cheapest fare? From my inquiry so far the fare range is four hundred thousand plus and this is too expensive for my pocket. Can I get a connecting flight to Michigan? Can any body host me a day in his or her state to help me book a local flight to Michigan? How would I travel without expending such an outrageous price?

Sir, fares for Michigan seem to be quite expensive in September. I would advice you search for tickets for the first week of October (October 1st or 2nd). What airport do you prefer in Michigan as they have quite a lot of airport? How long are you making your return ticket? Try booking your return for 1st week of January if you don't really mind the return date. Tickets seem to be cheaper around the dates mentioned above. Try looking at Delta line, airfrance or Iberia. Prices should be around 350k and less.
NB: I'm not an agency nor ticketing office staff. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lalove999: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Good day house?

My friend that won the VISA lottery 2013 sent his form to KCC since early July, 2014 is yet to get any response or interview date.

Pls can he go 2 American embassy to lodge complain and possibly get interview date locally @ d embassy? If he can Pls do anybody know anyone he can contact @ the EMBASSY??

Pls advice on way forward
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
lalove999: Good day house?

My friend that won the VISA lottery 2013 sent his form to KCC since early July, 2014 is yet to get any response or interview date.

Pls can he go 2 American embassy to lodge complain and possibly get interview date locally @ d embassy? If he can Pls do anybody know anyone he can contact @ the EMBASSY??

Pls advice on way forward

@lalove what's your friends case number? Eg DV2014AF00017***. It normally takes KCC up to two months to process documents after initial submission. Your friend should try calling KCC for any updates on his documents. The embassy won't be of help if your friend hasn't received his 2nd notification letter. He should try checking if he has been sent a 2nd NL at dvlottery.state.gov just the same way he got the 1st letter.
Best option will be to call KCC directly. We are almost at the end of the fiscal year, it would be wise to make that call ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jejelady(f): 5:06am On Aug 28, 2014
PM me, pls
felixfelix: Pls can any body help me please? I wish to travel 2nd week or ending of Sept to Michigan.What is the cheapest fare? From my inquiry so far the fare range is four hundred thousand plus and this is too expensive for my pocket. Can I get a connecting flight to Michigan? Can any body host me a day in his or her state to help me book a local flight to Michigan? How would I travel without expending such an outrageous price?

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.