Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (424882 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 3:08am On Mar 16, 2015
A reminder that this world is vanity. I wished we were immortals. Just like everyone that won the dv, josemaria never knew the 24th of July 2014 was the last day he saw he's parents, neither was he aware that he was never going to return to his father land... cry we got to America the same day last year, and we've been in touch since then, but then life happened and everyone grew farther apart. I found out yesterday that josemaria had passed on.....the pictures are on his timeline on Facebook. The most painful part of it is that, he died sometimes around December last year and nobody knew. I hope you are in a better place now, somewhere far beautiful and better than chicago. RIP pal. I pray that the rest of us won't lose our life in this struggle. Amen

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 3:28am On Mar 27, 2015
skidmarkz:
Hi, any idea whats the secret of winning DV Lottery?
I have been applying this since 2002 and have never got one.

Iam from Indonesia smiley

select500:

There is no secret to winning. The winners are all chosen at random with the use of computer software. So just keep trying and pray that you win!

Oga worry359.... why u always "worry" u just remain d same ever!!! anyway point of correction he is not from Nigeria but Indonesia!!!
worry359:

You do realise that the DV lottery is closed to Nigerians.
Get ur fact well

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 3:31am On Mar 27, 2015
stdammis:
A reminder that this world is vanity. I wished we were immortals. Just like everyone that won the dv, josemaria never knew the 24th of July 2014 was the last day he saw he's parents, neither was he aware that he was never going to return to his father land... cry we got to America the same day last year, and we've been in touch since then, but then life happened and everyone grew farther apart. I found out yesterday that josemaria had passed on.....the pictures are on his timeline on Facebook. The most painful part of it is that, he died sometimes around December last year and nobody knew. I hope you are in a better place now, somewhere far beautiful and better than chicago. RIP pal. I pray that the rest of us won't lose our life in this struggle. Amen

Its so touching... so painful.. RIP Jose!!!...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
Adeboy007:

so sad about it too, we were even planing on meeting ... Rip Jose
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
stdammis:
so sad about it.. Please what's his Facebook username
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by micolo1: 3:11am On Mar 29, 2015
Adeboy007:

This is so sad and painful. What a sad news. May his soul find peace with God.

Adieu.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 1:04am On Mar 30, 2015
stdammis:
Ohh so painful ,rest in peace Jose.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 2:23am On Mar 30, 2015
chuckvinz:
so sad about it.. Please what's his Facebook username
josemaria omoseebi nife
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Marriott1980(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
[quote author=Pipsland78 post=24908399] Reach out to me if in need of accommodation and job in Dallas. [/quote

This post is from all the way last year...I saw it then and bookmarked it...I guess I need it now...so here is the situation...I wanna relocate to Dallas with my wife later in the year and I will need your direction on some things...how can I connect you or get your phone number...I am presently living in Indianapolis and I'm a us citizen also in the army...thank you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=Marriott1980 post=32220237][/quote]
When do u plan to come to Dallas? Will send u my no once I get home
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Marriott1980(m): 4:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Pipsland78:

When do u plan to come to Dallas? Will send u my no once I get home

Oh ok thank you I will appreciate that....as soon as I can change my duty station to texas...that's in like a month or two...I will wait for your number so I can call you...thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakesyd005(m): 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
worry359:

You do realise that the DV lottery is closed to Nigerians.

Mr WORRY, stop worry yourself,,,Because WORRY does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrow but it empties today of its strength.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buccal(m): 3:51pm On May 05, 2015
pls are Nigerians still not legible for dv lottery.tot the ban was from 2002. and its 5years already.please anybody who knows about this shld kindly reply.its urgent. tanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by worry357: 6:06pm On May 05, 2015
buccal:
pls are Nigerians still not legible for dv lottery.tot the ban was from 2002. and its 5years already.please anybody who knows about this shld kindly reply.its urgent. tanks
It's NOT urgent because ban was from 2014, so Nigerians are still excluded from visa lottery.
No cause to rush or stress, you can not get to Obamaland like that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chineloSA(f): 7:28pm On May 05, 2015
buccal:

Are the applications open already? If the applications are open, you should be able to see a list of countries not eligible. So I would advice you to go to their website. smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by viva7: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
When will they start dv visa lottery again for Nigerians
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by worry357: 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
viva7:
When will they start dv visa lottery again for Nigerians

Not for several years.
Start making other plans.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Omereldod: 4:59pm On May 07, 2016
I didn't add my wife and my child in my original lottery application, I am now leaving in US. Please advise how to bring them to stay with me
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by DimmyCho(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=Marriott1980 post=32220237][/quote]
Good morning.. pls I will like to get an info from u about US Army.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Marriott1980(m): 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
DimmyCho:

Good morning.. pls I will like to get an info from u about US Army.....

What info. Ask and if it's something I know or can say here I will answer you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
How time flies. Where are all the people that started this page back then. cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Francejaik(m): 4:36am On Dec 30, 2019
Hello
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Joiceee(f): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
Please do I need to authenticate the attestation of birth letter from NPC at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja? I want to use it in a school in the US

JohnMorgan:

@ewhoma,I am not here to join issues with anyone after all myself and my family members already have our visas. I am a DV-2013 selectee and has since collected our visas. I am only here to share ideas based on official documents (US Govt Websites) that i read during my own time. I will be posting links to these write ups to help us understand the entire process better.

However, for knowledge sake, it is better we understand how some of these things work. As i stated earlier, National Population Commission (NPC) is a federal government body responsible for the registration of births and deaths in Nigeria - the reason why it exists in the 36 states of the federation. Unfortunately, the body does not have a national database where births and deaths are stored and that is why they rely on sworn affidavit from a competent court of law to issue the attestations. An affidavit is actually sufficient in some cases but the US prefers that we obtain the attestations. NPC will not issue any attestation without an affidavit or declaration of age from a court since they do not have records of birth prior to 1992 when the body was instituted. You can imagine advising someone to travel from Lagos to Adamawa for instance just to obtain an attestation letter that is based on an affidavit already issued by a law court. By all means if you happen to still be around where you were born , go ahead and obtain the attestation there else get it from your current base as this will not harm your application in any way. Please note that you will never be denied a visa for incomplete documentation. At the very worst, the CO will keep your visa till you return with the missing document. You will only be expressly disqualified if you have not complied fully with the DV instructions. No one knows it all and that is the essence of a forum so that people can share ideas.

@all, whatever that is shared on the forum is not final and i will always urge members to carry out their own independent investigations of an idea or experience before adopting same.

I rest my case.

Good Luck all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.