Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15377 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:19am On May 01, 2013
[size=13pt]Happy new month everyone!

It's May already, meaning we are weeks away from Nairaland's 3rd Miss & Mr Nairaland competition!

Sexkillz and I can't help but think that a year into the contests, it can use some fine tuning or improvements. I'm sure many members would agree considering that midway into the contests, several suggestions as made. As promised in the earlier contests, suggestions will be reviewed.

Some topics/suggestions that should be discussed:

1. Nominations
-members accepting nominations before contesting
-members being verified before moving out of the verified stage

2. Rules for Judges
-judges may not vote
-judges may not campaign
-judges are to be neutral at all times

Another rule that may need clearer definition is that of eligibility. This was the rule for the last competition:[/size]

Eligibility is dependent on the availability of profile pictures and subsequent pictures.

[size=13pt]Thoughts?

Anyway, the floor is yours. Thanks in advance smiley[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:50am On May 01, 2013
I agree that judges should not vote and/or campaign for a contestant.

Secondly, members that wish to reject their nomination should PM the judges, not just stating so on the nomination thread.

Thirdly, in order to make it easier to count the votes, the voters should be required to specifically say "I vote for...."
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 12:51am On May 01, 2013
Miss. NL is an online beauty pageant showcasing ladies of elegance, class, style and many more.
Same with Mr. NL which is showcases handsome, intelligent and men of vitality.
It's not just an online game, its the Nigeria's biggest online pageant.
Be you a viewer or a contestant, its gonna pique your curiosity.
Watch out who's gonna be the official Miss/Mr. NL for June 2013!
REMEMBER, IT COULD BE YOU! YES YOU!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:52am On May 01, 2013
Just as was done last year, the organizers shouldn't reject nominees, except those that register on NL 2 days before the contest.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:57am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: Just as was done last year, the organizers shouldn't reject nominees, except those that register on NL 2 days before the contest.
Actually, everyone that registered from May 1 2013 is ineligible to partake.(voting and contesting)
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:58am On May 01, 2013
sexkillz: Actually, everyone that registered from May 1 2013 is ineligible to partake.(voting and contesting)
Noted cool
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:02am On May 01, 2013
[size=13pt]I see Eze Promoe is our volunteer publicist lmao.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:03am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: I agree that judges should not vote and/or campaign for a contestant.

Secondly, members that wish to reject their nomination should PM the judges, not just stating so on the nomination thread.

Thirdly, in order to make it easier to count the votes, the voters should be required to specifically say "I vote for...."

[size=13pt]I believe the bolded was either stated or implied by Sexkillz before, but it wasn't taken to heart. Maybe we can do that this time around. It would save plenty of time like you said.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:04am On May 01, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Eze Promoe is our volunteer publicist lmao.[/size]
He will do a good job in the publicity area.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 1:05am On May 01, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Eze Promoe is our volunteer publicist lmao.[/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 1:07am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:
He will do a good job in the publicity area.
Do you mean i can be Miss/Mr. NL June 2013 ambassador (with contract attached) wink
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:10am On May 01, 2013
[size=13pt]Also, we are in need of a fifth judge. We currently have three judges; D-Explorer, Manny4life, Ogugua88, and Sexkillz. A FEMALE judge is needed to kind of balance the equation.

If interested, please state so here or send me a pm.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 1:13am On May 01, 2013
No Bikinis, No nud.e pictures (except for Abs display but not below your belly button).

No criticism to any of the contestants for it will reduce the self-esteem of the contestants.

Dont post someone else' picture and claim its yours. That is against the constitution of this contest.

Judges should be punctual and unbiased cool.

Note: Guys, if you must show any part of your body, please shave. undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:15am On May 01, 2013
Another problem could be the authenticity of the contestants photo(s). Would there be a way to determine the originality of the pics? undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:16am On May 01, 2013
xynerise: No Bikinis, No nud.e pictures (except for Abs display but not below your belly button).

No criticism to any of the contestants for it will reduce the self-esteem of the contestants.

Dont post someone else' picture and claim its yours. That is against the constitution of this contest.

Bikini pics should be allowed cool, but no total nu.dity.

I agree with ur other points though.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:18am On May 01, 2013
I nominate myself as female judge.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:19am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan: Another problem could be the authenticity of the contestants photo(s). Would there be a way to determine the originality of the pics? undecided

[size=13pt]What we were thinking of is having contestants use photos of themselves with their username on paper as a verification method. What do you think?[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 1:20am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:

Bikini pics should be allowed cool,
Abeg I no wan laugh that day cheesy
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 1:22am On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]What we were thinking of is having contestants use photos of themselves with their username on paper as a verification method. What do you think?[/size]
You mean they should attached their username to their clothes like badge? undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 1:23am On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

That would have been a good idea, at least to know who's who but then again, people look up to bringing their best pics for this contest and that pics with their username might not be their best. smiley
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:24am On May 01, 2013
xynerise: No Bikinis, No nude pictures (except for Abs display but not below your belly button).

[size=13pt]Members will be verified for moving onto the voting stage. I made similar comments about judges too.

The first two ideas are great. I was thinking the same thing actually. No bikini shots to keep the contest family friendly... and contestants will be protected. Abusive and insulting posts will be hidden and those posting them will be dealt with immediately.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 1:25am On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Perfect! I was just about to say this. Brilliant idea.

No bikini and dirty boxers puleeeaaase!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 1:25am On May 01, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
I nominate myself as female judge.

Conditions: From today onwards, you shall be online at least 20 hours per day tongue
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:26am On May 01, 2013
xynerise: You mean they should attached their username to their clothes like badge? undecided

[size=13pt]No, not like a badge lol. They can hold it in their hands, next to their face, on their chest, wherever.[/size]

Eze Promoe: That would have been a good idea, at least to know who's who but then again, people look up to bringing their best pics for this contest and that pics with their username might not be their best. smiley

[size=13pt]Very true. Maybe they should be sent to judges then, rather than out in the open.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 1:27am On May 01, 2013
Eze Promoe:
That would have been a good idea, at least to know who's who but then again, people look up to bringing their best pics for this contest and that pics with their username might not be their best. smiley
Our contestants should be able to take "unprogrammed" pictures. That is where the real beauty lies. Not a pic of 1973 when they were still fresh in the market. We need current pictures.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by xynerise: 1:27am On May 01, 2013
[s]Contestants are allowed to buy new clothes for this contest incase you dont have a presentable cloth[/s].

I repeat, dress modestly cool
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:28am On May 01, 2013
The username attachment sounds good, but contestants would like to put forward their best pics. I'm not sure about its practicability. undecided

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 1:28am On May 01, 2013
No bikini
WTF
Are we in Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:29am On May 01, 2013
xynerise: [s]Contestants are allowed to buy new clothes for this contest incase you dont have a presentable cloth[/s].

I repeat, dress modestly cool

Define 'modestly'.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 1:29am On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:

Why please?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:30am On May 01, 2013
Eze Promoe: No bikini
WTF
Are we in Saudi Arabia

Ask xynerise and co.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Does Nigeria Have More Good Looking Women Than Other Africans?. / Name The Moniker Of Person You Think That Has A Head Like This One. / See Wedding Photos Of Nigerian Men That Got Married To Korean Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.