Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Will Never Sell My Players To United Again – Wenger Speaks - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Will Never Sell My Players To United Again – Wenger Speaks (623 Views)

Real Madrid Striker Chicharito Will Never Play For Manchester United Again / BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United Again!!!! / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Sell My Players To United Again – Wenger Speaks by Bigcola(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2013
[b]Arsene Wenger has stated that he no desire to sell any of his players to rivals Manchester United again. The Frenchman sanctioned a £24million deal for Robin van Persie, to move to Old Trafford last summer.

The Dutch striker scored twice in the fixtures against his former team, including the equaliser from the spot at the Emirates. When asked after the match, if Ferguson wanted more of his players, he replied:

“I don’t know but he will not sign them from us.”

The Arsenal manager also defended the fans’ behaviour towards their former captain, describing it as “more disappointed love” than aggression and insisted that they still respected him.

“He [Van Persie] is in our dressing room because the food is better in our dressing room,” he said. “I didn’t talk to him. I just saw that when I moved out of my office that he was with the players. We are rivals but look, at the end of the day, we decided to sell him. You want us to make a guard of honour and to respect the champions but you have to accept as well that respect exists after the game.

“You want to give absolutely everything for the 90 minutes and after the game you can still talk to each other. I think our defenders didn’t make life easy for him at all. We played with great commitment.” [/b][/b][b]
Re: I Will Never Sell My Players To United Again – Wenger Speaks by Tolexander: 10:32am On May 01, 2013
Arsene Wenger dey somehow stupid to me when it concerns Manchester United!

Or what sane manager will sign a player like Mikael Silvestre and sell a player like Robin Van Persie to a rival club?

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Promises Eagles $50,000 / Nigeria's Forgotten Striker EKHIGO EHIOSUN / Spain 3rd Goal Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.