Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby (25369 Views)

Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. / Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016 / Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 01, 2013
[b] TWENTY FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT A NEWBORN BABY
1. All newborn babies have a pug nose. The bridge of the nose
isn't there at birth - it grows later - so babies have a small `button' nose.
2. Nearly all babies are born with blue or blue-grey eyes.
Permanent eye colouration develops during the following
months.
3. Newborn babies may cry a lot but they don't produce any tears. There is moisture to lubricate and clean the eyes but
proper tears don't start to appear until the baby is between
three and twelve weeks of age.
4. Any hair that is on your newborn baby's head will soon fall out - to be replaced by
permanent hair (which may be of
an entirely different colour) at about six months.
5. All newborn babies - even black ones - have a ruddy complexion . This is because their blood contains a high number of red blood cells.
6. Four out of ten babies are born with at least one birthmark.
7. The commonest day of the week for babies to be born is
Tuesday. Fewer babies are born on Saturday or Sunday than on
any other day of the week (though this may simply be
because doctors and midwives don't like working weekends).
8. Babies have a strongly developed sense of smell. By
the time he is one week old a baby can identify his mother by
her smell.
9. Newborn babies are genetically programmed to respond to human voices - especially female voices. Babies learn to distinguish between different sounds very quickly.
10. Few babies have much of a sense of taste - though most prefer sweet tasting liquids.
11. Babies have very poor eyesight. Their eyes are focused on a spot about eight inches away - so you need to get really close if your baby is to see you clearly. Babies prefer looking at
curved lines rather than straight lines.
12. Contrary to the old wives' tale, babies are not colour blind . They prefer strong primary
colours - particularly red and blue.
13. The heart of a newborn baby beats between 130 and
160 times a minute (about twice that of a normal adult).
14. Babies breathe much faster than adults - 30 to 50 times a minute compared to an adult's 15 to 20 times a minute.
15. Babies often sneeze and snort in their sleep to clear
their nasal passages . Only later on can babies breathe through their mouth if their nose is blocked. To minimise the problem keep the air in the home as clear and as smoke and dust free as possible.
16. Although babies get some immunity - and protection from infection - from their mothers, they are still very vulnerable to colds. Keep anyone with a cold away from your baby.
17. Babies have very small stomachs. An 8lb baby can get 3 ounces of milk into its stomach. It is the small size of its stomach that may explain why many babies will occasionally vomit. (But always get medical advice if a baby vomits.) Because they have small stomachs - the average stomach in the average baby is no bigger than the size of his fist! - babies need small feeds regularly (every three or four hours) rather than large feeds occasionally.
18. Nearly every newborn baby gets wind - and colic - that lasts for the first three months of its life.
19. Newborn babies spend between 15 and 20 hours a day sleeping - in bouts of sleep lasting 20 minutes to 5 hours.
20. In the first year of his life your baby will triple his weight, increase his length by 50%, double the size of his brain and create every nerve cell he will ever have.
21. Babies respond well to touch - which stimulates the production of growth-promoting hormones and helps the body become more responsive to these hormones. In one survey it was shown that premature babies who were touched regularly showed 47% more weight gain.
22. Babies are often nervous - even fearful - of new foods. To enable your baby to overcome his fears allow him to play with the food a little before eating it. You may be able to encourage a baby to try a new food by putting a small amount of food on his index finger and then gently guiding his index finger into his mouth.
23. If a baby suddenly starts to refuse a once favourite food it probably means that he is bored with it and would appreciate a little variation in his diet.
24. Teething can start when your baby is just three months old.
25. Babies sometimes need background noise to help them get to sleep (the womb is not the quietest place in the world). Some sounds that are known to relax and soothe babies include: a recording of their mother's heartbeat; the sound of a clock ticking; a recording of a stream, waterfall or sea; a vacuum cleaner; air bubbling through a fish tank; running water from a tap.
[/b]

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by EyesWideOpen(m): 2:48pm On May 01, 2013
Dis is cool, I never knew dis much about babies.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by JojoArmani(m): 2:49pm On May 01, 2013
what an amazing facts but dis got me laughing.

7. The commonest day of the week for
babies to be born is
Tuesday. Fewer babies are born on
Saturday or Sunday than on
any other day of the week (though this
may simply be
because doctors and midwives don't like
working weekends).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Lagusta(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2013
Kudos!!! Frontpage thingsssss
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by dasparrow: 9:32pm On May 01, 2013
interesting! God bless the babies.

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:34am On May 02, 2013
Lagusta: Kudos!!! Frontpage thingsssss
i pray oh! grin
u know, i dint snap with a celebrity, neither is it about tonto dike. So little hope for front page. angry

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by dominique(f): 10:20am On May 02, 2013
Interesting stuff.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by k4kenny(f): 12:07pm On May 02, 2013
Interesting. Imagine I was actually feeling my 3 1/2 month old's nose to see if it has a bridge grin grin grin
Erm... Abt point 7, both my kids were born on a weekend o. So are my nephew and niece. Not so sure abt dat one.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by angelTI(f): 2:41pm On May 02, 2013
Am using this good post as a point of contact to all "expecting" mothers. Dis month wil not pass u bye IJN AMEN,

Tanks for dis OP

10 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by DICKtator: 2:41pm On May 02, 2013
booqee: TWENTY FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT A NEWBORN BABY

culled from where? plagiarizer!!!
modified
grin grin grin grin
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 02, 2013
booqee:

19. Newborn babies spend between 15 and 20 hours a day sleeping - in bouts of sleep lasting 20 minutes to 5 hours.
Yep, these two were soooo me. If I wasn't sleeping, I was eating, so says my mom grin grin
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Onyeasi(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2013
When will my post make front page?..
Nice concept Boquee
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by omocheche(f): 2:48pm On May 02, 2013
I love number 8.
booqee: [b] TWENTY FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT A NEWBORN BABY
1. All newborn babies have a pug nose. The bridge of the nose
isn't there at birth - it grows later - so babies have a small `button' nose.
months.
3. Newborn babies may cry a lot but they don't produce any tears. There is moisture to lubricate and clean the eyes but
proper tears don't start to appear until the baby is between
three and twelve weeks of age.
4. Any hair that is on your newborn baby's head will soon fall out - to be replaced by
permanent hair (which may be of
an entirely different colour) at about six months.
5. All newborn babies - even black ones - have a ruddy complexion . This is because their blood contains a high number of red blood cells.
7. The commonest day of the week for babies to be born is
Tuesday. Fewer babies are born on Saturday or Sunday than on
any other day of the week (though this may simply be
because doctors and midwives don't like working weekends).
8. Babies have a strongly developed sense of smell. By
the time he is one week old a baby can identify his mother by
her smell.
9. Newborn babies are genetically programmed to respond to human voices - especially female voices. Babies learn to distinguish between different sounds very quickly.
10. Few babies have much of a sense of taste - though most prefer sweet tasting liquids.
11. Babies have very poor eyesight. Their eyes are focused on a spot about eight inches away - so you need to get really close if your baby is to see you clearly. Babies prefer looking at
curved lines rather than straight lines.
12. Contrary to the old wives' tale, babies are not colour blind . They prefer strong primary
colours - particularly red and blue.
13. The heart of a newborn baby beats between 130 and
160 times a minute (about twice that of a normal adult).
14. Babies breathe much faster than adults - 30 to 50 times a minute compared to an adult's 15 to 20 times a minute.
15. Babies often sneeze and snort in their sleep to clear
their nasal passages . Only later on can babies breathe through their mouth if their nose is blocked. To minimise the problem keep the air in the home as clear and as smoke and dust free as possible.
16. Although babies get some immunity - and protection from infection - from their mothers, they are still very vulnerable to colds. Keep anyone with a cold away from your baby.
17. Babies have very small stomachs. An 8lb baby can get 3 ounces of milk into its stomach. It is the small size of its stomach that may explain why many babies will occasionally vomit. (But always get medical advice if a baby vomits.) Because they have small stomachs - the average stomach in the average baby is no bigger than the size of his fist! - babies need small feeds regularly (every three or four hours) rather than large feeds occasionally.
18. Nearly every newborn baby gets wind - and colic - that lasts for the first three months of its life.
20. In the first year of his life your baby will triple his weight, increase his length by 50%, double the size of his brain and create every nerve cell he will ever have.
21. Babies respond well to touch - which stimulates the production of growth-promoting hormones and helps the body become more responsive to these hormones. In one survey it was shown that premature babies who were touched regularly showed 47% more weight gain.
22. Babies are often nervous - even fearful - of new foods. To enable your baby to overcome his fears allow him to play with the food a little before eating it. You may be able to encourage a baby to try a new food by putting a small amount of food on his index finger and then gently guiding his index finger into his mouth.
23. If a baby suddenly starts to refuse a once favourite food it probably means that he is bored with it and would appreciate a little variation in his diet.
24. Teething can start when your baby is just three months old.
25. Babies sometimes need background noise to help them get to sleep (the womb is not the quietest place in the world). Some sounds that are known to relax and soothe babies include: a recording of their mother's heartbeat; the sound of a clock ticking; a recording of a stream, waterfall or sea; a vacuum cleaner; air bubbling through a fish tank; running water from a tap.
[/b]
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by tinuolababy(f): 2:52pm On May 02, 2013
born with a birthmark grin
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by yuzedo: 2:52pm On May 02, 2013
I want to make a baby. Pls NL girls can PM me.. You must be sweet, sexxxyy, big brezz, big nyash, slim waist and ice-cream laps, ready to move to Banana Island, and ready to use condom. No dwarfs allowed. Light-skin gold-diggers allowed. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by ashson: 2:54pm On May 02, 2013
Allahu akbar...

SUBHANALLAH
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Meklex(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2013
I remembered all this as a baby,
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 02, 2013
Interesting front page material,but off course,many people will rather comment on tonto dikeh or why goodluck is the worst thing to happen to 9ja(which may be true) or igbo vs yoruba thread. Interesting read again.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 02, 2013
I Love Babies!!! kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 02, 2013
DICKtator:

culled from where? plagiarizer!!!
modified
grin grin grin grin
ehn i got it while on a google search. So?? Ehn ehn?!. Abeg comot joor undecided

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by pharuk: 3:11pm On May 02, 2013
First, get rid of the spammer called wale and his MTN Crap

Secondly, good post, lots of people around me are expecting soon, would have been a great idea to have the source so we could do some further enquiries.

Overall thanks :8
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by clemz85(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2013
yes, the day i was born i heard my father scoldding at ma big bro he wanted to carry me
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Adex097: 3:15pm On May 02, 2013
When I'm I gonna have ma own baby
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 02, 2013
I have never seen a Black baby with blue eyes....

Abi dem dey sell contacts for en mama womb? angry
booqee: TWENTY FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT A NEWBORN BABY

months.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Turbocharged: 3:19pm On May 02, 2013
Good post.

Will soon hv mine.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by poshqueen(f): 3:24pm On May 02, 2013
Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E ...
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by domido(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2013
NO 7 GOT ME LAUGHING....ACTUALLY I WAS BORN ON A TUESDAY...
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by mankand(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2013
Love babies, thinking of making one now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lone Accident As Truck Two Rear Tyre Pulls Out Of Its Body At Anthony, Lagos / Helpless Blind And Deaf Man In Enugu Rendered Help By Nigerians (photos) / Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.