Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister (727 Views)

2-year-old Girl Disappears From Parents’ Bedside (photo) / My 14-Year-Old Sister Made Shocking Revelations, How Can I Manage The Situation? / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by phoneport(m): 4:28am On May 02, 2013
Authorities say a 2-year-old girl has been accidentally shot and killed by her 5-year-
old brother, who was playing with a .22-caliber rifle he received as a gift.
Kentucky State Police said the toddler was shot just after 1 p.m. CDT Tuesday in Cumberland County and was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was later pronounced dead. Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the Lexington Herald-Leader that the children's mother was at home at the time.

White told the newspaper that the boy received the rifle made for youths last year and is
used to shooting it. He said the gun was kept in a corner and the family didn't realize a
shell was left inside it. White said the shooting will be ruled accidental. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
The thing is, it’s not a “crazy accident.”
Accidental gun deaths happen quite frequently.

Re: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by phoneport(m): 4:29am On May 02, 2013
When we talk about gun ownership we often talk about the responsibilities that come along with owning a weapon. Keeping it locked up, keeping it out of the reach of children, each of these things — one would think — is part of what it means to be a responsible gun owners.

Sadly, there seem to be a lot of people out there not getting that memo and it has resulted in yet another tragic unintended death.

Re: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by greatgod2012(f): 5:34am On May 02, 2013
Giving out gun as a gift to a 5years old boy.
Allowing the boy to shoot at will.
Keeping gun at the reach of children.
All these baffles my mind as i read the news, haba!, guns aint toys, well, what is done is done, i believe this will be a lesson to some people.
May God help us all.
Re: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by biolabee(m): 7:17am On May 02, 2013
na today.. in the maddest country on earth

7000 people die in the US daily to gun related issues
Re: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by Nobody: 7:36am On May 02, 2013
shocked Kids always want to act out what they see on tv, now giving them a weapon that makes the vision a reality is simply absurd.
Re: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by phoneport(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2013
Well a place were guns are free to be owned what do you aspect?
Re: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-year-old Sister by Nobody: 5:54am On May 03, 2013
Maybe d man wanted d boy to become an adult overnight and he is really one now!c what excessive freedom has caused.and tomoro,u will c their govt interfering and poknosin in other pple's affair wen in actual sense they can't keep their house in order. Poor soul born in an irresponsibl home.rip

(1) (Reply)

Next Of Kin -wife Or Children Which Is More Reasonable / What Age Range Is Best For A Lady To Get Married / 40 Life Truths From A 90 Year Old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.