Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests (6310 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / The Next Pope Is The Anti-christ / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by MCUsman(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2008
Pope Benedict said on Tuesday he was "deeply ashamed" over sexual abuse of children by priests and vowed to do everything possible to stop pedophiles entering the priesthood in future.

"We are deeply ashamed and will do whatever is possible so that this does not happen in the future," he said on board the plane to Washington.

Following a wave of sex abuse scandals began in 2002, provoking lawsuits that have forced dioceses to pay more than $2 billion in settlements

Although a few bishops accused of molestation have stepped down, no bishop has been disciplined for failing to keep abusive clergy away from children. Cardinal Bernard Law resigned as archbishop of Boston in 2002 after church files were made public showing he and other church leaders had allowed accused clergy to continue in public ministry.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aFlG7DL_Vsnk&refer=europe
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
MC Usman et al, you guys are new to this forum i believe and i wont nail you for that. Pilgrim and others have duely confined catholicsm to where they belong. It is public knowledge that they dont belong to Christ. Revel in your ignorance till tomorrow chanting jihad songs, it does not change the facts that Catholics are not for Christ especially at the core center; the Vatican. Facts have these because they do things that are actually anti-christ in nature. So please in your wildest imaginations and in a bid to have a good discourse of real christiantiy, just desist from referring to them as Christians. Forget the claims of they are the mothers of christianity and others, the gospel truth is that they dont preach and do the sayings of Christ.

Seeing therefore the lamentation of the pope does not move my feather in anyway. We have always known this but unfortunately, the adamant will always think catholicism stand for good. No. They stand for inherent evil. Catholicism is like a leviathan that cannot change its skin. It may pretend, but beware, when the time is right, its true self will emerge and catch you unprepared.

We have taken time to confine most of their doctrines, teachings and Catholicism to the dustbins of history. Go figure out! So, dear mu'slim friends, raise your level of thinking and conception of Christianity. No Christian will ever defend the pope or try and make any sense out of this story you have up there. Its only the catholics that will defend themselves and in vanity at that.

Bottom line: the call to priesthood as ordered by the authorities of RCC is not divine. It is aimed at something entirely different which some of the priests themselves do not even know! Their priests are called Christs and creators of Jesus especially at mass - the same reasons why they burned people at stake and exhumed unborn babies from their mothers for not consenting to their demonic doctrine of the sacrament. And since their call is not divine but human inspired, they are still highly susceptible and often fall into such temptations since they have no grace backing their priesthood. Let me even give you a shocker: Do you know that St. Alphonsus, their reverred author and a canonised priest wrote that a priest is allowed to fall into sin (sexual) twice or thrice a month and so long as it is not more than this, he is still very much a priest that he is! Now tell me, if you legitimise sin or fornication for your priests, why dont you just given them the go ahead to marry instead? This tells you there is more than just celibacy to the priesthood system in the RCC. I wish you could read in between the lines.

For me, Catholcism is not materially different from I'slam. They can both co-habit as they share many things in common. So, if i were you mu'slims, i will be defending the pope and not exposing him. Have you forgotten the pope once kissed youor Qo'ran? oh o o smiley
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2008
I await the day the imaam would also be "deeply ashamed" of child marriage.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
lol@ cgift

Honestly all I can do is laugh at your ignorance.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by justcool(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
cgift:

MC Usman et al, you guys are new to this forum i believe and i wont nail you for that. Pilgrim and others have duely confined catholicsm to where they belong. It is public knowledge that they don't belong to Christ. Revel in your ignorance till tomorrow chanting jihad songs, it does not change the facts that Catholics are not for Christ especially at the core center; the Vatican. Facts have these because they do things that are actually anti-christ in nature. So please in your wildest imaginations and in a bid to have a good discourse of real christiantiy, just desist from referring to them as Christians. Forget the claims of they are the mothers of christianity and others, the gospel truth is that they don't preach and do the sayings of Christ.

Seeing therefore the lamentation of the pope does not move my feather in anyway. We have always known this but unfortunately, the adamant will always think catholicism stand for good. No. They stand for inherent evil. Catholicism is like a leviathan that cannot change its skin. It may pretend, but beware, when the time is right, its true self will emerge and catch you unprepared.

We have taken time to confine most of their doctrines, teachings and Catholicism to the dustbins of history. Go figure out! So, dear mu'slim friends, raise your level of thinking and conception of Christianity. No Christian will ever defend the pope or try and make any sense out of this story you have up there. Its only the catholics that will defend themselves and in vanity at that.

Bottom line: the call to priesthood as ordered by the authorities of RCC is not divine. It is aimed at something entirely different which some of the priests themselves do not even know! Their priests are called Christs and creators of Jesus especially at mass - the same reasons why they burned people at stake and exhumed unborn babies from their mothers for not consenting to their demonic doctrine of the sacrament. And since their call is not divine but human inspired, they are still highly susceptible and often fall into such temptations since they have no grace backing their priesthood. Let me even give you a shocker: Do you know that St. Alphonsus, their reverred author and a canonised priest wrote that a priest is allowed to fall into sin (sexual) twice or thrice a month and so long as it is not more than this, he is still very much a priest that he is! Now tell me, if you legitimise sin or fornication for your priests, why don't you just given them the go ahead to marry instead? This tells you there is more than just celibacy to the priesthood system in the RCC. I wish you could read in between the lines.

For me, Catholcism is not materially different from I'slam. They can both co-habit as they share many things in common. So, if i were you mu'slims, i will be defending the pope and not exposing him. Have you forgotten the pope once kissed youor Qo'ran? oh o o smiley

@cgift
You are full of hatred. At a the slightest oppunity you start hating catholics your fellow Christians. Why do you guys do that? Is it jealousy? I am not a catholic and yes I am a Christian(Although not belonging to any religion) but I have to say this to you.
1.) Catholicism is the only organised Christian religion.
2.) Catholicism is the only Christian religion that every world power respect.
3.) Catholicism is the oldest surviving Christian religion.
4.) Every other Christian religion today descended or branched out of Catholicism.
5.) The Bible is actually belonging to no other but the catholics-- it was the early fathers that collected the books and kept it within church, only for the priest to read and interpret until Martin Luther and Henry the eight branched out and made the book public.
5.) Most of the major beliefs held today by other Christians were discovered and introduced by the catholics. - IE the concept of Trinity.

I am not here to defend Catholicism, but I am tired of people hating people who are as guilty as them. No religion today stands in the will of God, therefore none has the right to chastise the other like you do. The so called born again Christians( I used to be one) are no better than the catholics, neither are the deeper life nor the Jehovah witnesses.
One thing is certain, all you mushroom Christians should be tankful for the catholics because of the following reasons:
1.) If Catholicism never existed, your religion may not be here today since you descended from the catholics.
2.) If not for the catholics, the Mus'lims would have wiped Christianity off the face of the earth. Remember the crusaders and how they dealt with the Mus'lims.
3.) Catholicism is the only Christian religion that dares openly oppose Is'lamic killing. From the time of the crusaders till now, the Mus'lims fear and respect Catholicism.

I agree that Catholicism is not christianty but also no religion is Christanity! True Christianity is a way of life and not any religion. Therefore since you are wise enough to know that Catholicism is not Christianity then you should also know that your religion too is not. The catholics are as much Christians as any of you born again Christians, Anglicans etc.
Please prove otherwise. Three last questions for you who seems to know who is a Christian or not:
1.) The hatred for Catholics in your post, is it of Christ or of the devil?
2.) Where did Christ say: Hate, judge and criticise those that are not of your religion?
3.) Does any religion belong to Christ? If so, show where and when Christ founded the religion.

Christ started no religion. Folwing Christ should not be a religion but a way of life.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2008
justcool:

1.) Catholicism is the only organised Christian religion.

Where did Christ come to establish an "organised" religion?

justcool:

2.) Catholicism is the only Christian religion that every world power respect.

Christ said the very opposite of His true church - Matthew 10:22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

justcool:

3.) Catholicism is the oldest surviving Christian religion.

Judaism is even older and yet Christ rebuked scribes and pharisees.

justcool:

4.) Every other Christian religion today descended or branched out of Catholicism.

False.

justcool:

5.) The Bible is actually belonging to no other but the catholics-- it was the early fathers that collected the books and kept it within church, only for the priest to read and interpret until Martin Luther and Henry the eight branched out and made the book public.

King James was not a catholic.

justcool:

5.) Most of the major beliefs held today by other Christians were discovered and introduced by the catholics. - IE the concept of Trinity.

they are readily available to every 5yr old in the old pages of the bible.

justcool:

1.) If Catholicism never existed, your religion may not be here today since you descended from the catholics.

false again.

justcool:

2.) If not for the catholics, the Mus'lims would have wiped Christianity off the face of the earth. Remember the crusaders and how they dealt with the Mus'lims.

perhaps you forgot that catholics killed more protestants than the mooslims.

justcool:

3.) Catholicism is the only Christian religion that dares openly oppose Is'lamic killing. From the time of the crusaders till now, the Mus'lims fear and respect of Catholicism.

perhaps you need me to remind you that the late pope John Paul II bowed down before a qu'ran and kissed it and once "worshipped" in a mos'que.

justcool:

I agree that Catholicism is not christianty but also no religion is Christanity! True Christianity is a way of life and not any religion. Therefore since you are wise enough to know that Catholicism is not Christianity then you should also know that your religion too is not. The catholics are as much Christians as any of you born again Christians, Anglicans etc.

first time i agreed with you.

justcool:

please prove otherwise. Two last questions for you who seems to know who is a Christian or not:
The hatred for Catholics in your post, is it of Christ or of the devil?

there is a place for Holy indignation. Paul once committed heretics to the devil.

justcool:

Where did Christ say: Hate, judge and criticise those that are not of your religion?

He said . . . try every spirit whether they be of God.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2008
Christ said the very opposite of His true church - Matthew 10:22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

U can also flip that
Going by the amount of threads opened to vilify the Catholics , I can also use that verse in favor of Catholicism.

Bottomline: The more U claim to know, the less U actually end up knowing.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
Uche2nna:

You can also flip that
Going by the amount of threads opened to vilify the Catholics , I can also use that verse in favor of Catholicism.

Bottomline: The more You claim to know, the less You actually end up knowing.

That is not true. What Christ meant by ALL men will hate you BECAUSE OF ME was that the authorities, those who claim to be the custodians of the law and religion would rise up against His true believers.
The catholic church of today cannot place itself on the same pedestal as Christ 2000yrs ago.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2008
4 Him:

The catholic church of today cannot place itself on the same pedestal as Christ 2000yrs ago.

Name ONE that would?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:01am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

Name ONE that would?

None. but tragically it is what the catholic church tries to play when it claims the pope is Christ on earth - Vicarius Filii Dei
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:03am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

That is not true. What Christ meant by ALL men will hate you BECAUSE OF ME was that the authorities, those who claim to be the custodians of the law and religion would rise up against His true believers.

And is kind of funny how U always seem to know WHAT CHRIST MEANS and others dont?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

And is kind of funny how You always seem to know WHAT CHRIST MEANS and others don't?

Its not difficult to understand what Christ was saying if you read it in the context of the chapter i quoted from.
Some things are not necessarily hidden that you cannot know it.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:06am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

None. but tragically it is what the catholic church tries to play when it claims the pope is Christ on earth - Vicarius Filii Dei

So if there is none, why are U guys always picking on the Catholic church?

And a follow up to that, so all christians are doomed, abi?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:07am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

So if there is none, why are You guys always picking on the Catholic church?

because of the blasphemy it represents.
- Vicarius Filii Dei
- Penance

- where did you find those in your bible?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:13am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

Its not difficult to understand what Christ was saying if you read it in the context of the chapter i quoted from.
Some things are not necessarily hidden that you cannot know it.

Even while the Apostles were with Jesus Christ , they could not comprehend what was being said to them. Not until they prayed and the Holy Ghost was released upon them.

Now U are telling me that it is not difficult to understand.
My brother, the bible is not a text book and so dont read it as such. It requires the spirit of God for interpretation. U really have to have the spirit in you for u to get the meaning and a las every Tom , dick and Harry claims to have the spirit in them--- from Pastor TB Joshua to Pastor Revd King.
Now it is Pastor Davidylan. Thats the problem with christianity today.

I hate making long posts angry
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:15am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

because of the blasphemy it represents.
- Vicarius Filii Dei
- Penance

- where did you find those in your bible?

So the Catholic church is wrong because of those doctrines?

What about the other christian churches? Where did they go wrong? U seem to have all the answers grin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by justcool(m): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2008
@4 Him
I don't need to reply your post. I completely stand by my first post with no reservation.

For those who might not understand my first post. Let me summarise.
I am not a catholic neither do I belong to ant religion. I am of the opinion that no religion today stand completely in the WILL OF GOD. Neither God nor Jesus started any religion therefore all religions today are completely man made.
No religion has the right to criticise, dislabel, ridicule, and condemn the other since they are all man made.
There has been too much religious battles on this forum and this has to stop.
We should be able to examine our faiths, share it with others and examine others too all in a civilized manner without condescending to religious battles. There is no need calling Mohamed a paedophile or labelling Jesus or the pope a devil just because we don't agree with them. These icons represent something so important to our fellow humans therefore it will only be wise and civilised of us to offer such icons respects, or at least give them the benefit of doubt.
You have the right to agree to certain precepts of any religion and also you have the right to reject it. But attacking religions and deciding who will go to hell or not and which religion is of God or not is completely uncivilised. And nothing good can be learnt from such attacks. Such attacks are not of God.

The issue is "Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests" we should be able to discus this issue without insulting Catholicism and sending them to hell, or dislabelling them as Christains. None of us is GOD. Only God knows who is of him and who is not. There is nothing in this thread yet that warrants the hatrade unleashed on catholics by "Cgift"
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:22am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

Even while the Apostles were with Jesus Christ , they could not comprehend what was being said to them. Not until they prayed and the Holy Ghost was released upon them.

Now You are telling me that it is not difficult to understand.
My brother, the bible is not a text book and so don't read it as such. It requires the spirit of God for interpretation. You really have to have the spirit in you for u to get the meaning and a las every Tom , privates and Harry claims to have the spirit in them--- from Pastor TB Joshua to Pastor Revd King.
Now it is Pastor Davidylan. Thats the problem with christianity today.

in short you mean we can NEVER understand any part of the bible else we be labeled ITKs or prophets?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:24am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

So the Catholic church is wrong because of those doctrines?

What about the other christian churches? Where did they go wrong? You seem to have all the answers grin

My dear . . . rather than prevaricating, take a good long look at vicarius fili dei. Since when did man essentially assume the throne of God? When did Christ tell you He would send another human representative to come kissing the qu'ran?

@ justcool, you're more than confused about the bible you purport to know.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:26am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

in short you mean we can NEVER understand any part of the bible else we be labeled ITKs or prophets?

U need the spirit, thats my point. Without HIM , U dont know Jack!!!!
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:29am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

You need the spirit, thats my point. Without HIM , You don't know Jack!!!!

that's true. How do u know i didnt have the spirit to help me with that passage i quoted?
Is it the Spirit that also communicated vicarius fili dei to you too?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:35am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

My dear . . . rather than prevaricating, take a good long look at vicarius fili dei. Since when did man essentially assume the throne of God? When did Christ tell you He would send another human representative to come kissing the qu'ran?

Since U pointed it out.

I have stopped worrying about how people see the Catholic church since U pointed out that none of the other churches can even boast of being Christ-like.

I wonder why U thinkl that justcool is confused. He believes that no Church is greater than the other. U believe that all Churches have failed. Dont u see a common ground  grin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:36am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

that's true. How do u know i didnt have the spirit to help me with that passage i quoted?

Why are U putting words in ma mouth? grin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:38am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

Has the Spirit told U something that is contrary undecided
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by justcool(m): 12:39am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

@4 Him
I never "purported" to know the Bible. Thanks for labelling me: "confused," my dear brother I have forgiven you. But rest assured we will receive the treatment we give others (what you sow, you must reap). You have sown a seed today by labelling me confused and attributing something that I never claimed to me.
May God bless you.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

Since You pointed it out.

I have stopped worrying about how people see the Catholic church since You pointed out that none of the other churches can even boast of being Christ-like.

I wonder why You thinkl that justcool is confused. He believes that no Church is greater than the other. You believe that all Churches have failed. Dont u see a common ground  grin

Justcool and i agree on one point, christianity was never intended to be an organisational gathering of self-righteous hypocrites but a personal one on one relationship with Christ.
He is however seriously confused when he tries to judge the catholic church primarily through the prism of man's flawed value systems.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2008
And while we at this , may I ask which of the churches do u attend?

For someone who spends a lot of time kicking the pope's butt, dont tell me U do not attend any
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:41am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

Justcool and i agree on one point, christianity was never intended to be an organisational gathering of self-righteous hypocrites but a personal one on one relationship with Christ.
He is however seriously confused when he tries to judge the catholic church primarily through the prism of man's flawed value systems.

Like I said, U seem to have it all , bro.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:43am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

Has the Spirit told You something that is contrary undecided

the Spirit never says anything contrary to His word . . . Christ has no human representative on earth.
Uche2nna:

And while we at this , may I ask which of the churches do u attend?
For someone who spends a lot of time kicking the pope's butt, don't tell me You do not attend any

no one is kicking the pope's butt, we are simply telling the plain truth . . . the man is heading straight to hell where his real mentor lives.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:44am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

I hear U!!!!

Its ur word against CHRIST.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2008
4 Him:

the Spirit never says anything contrary to His word . . . Christ has no human representative on earth.
no one is kicking the pope's butt, we are simply telling the plain truth . . . the man is heading straight to hell where his real mentor lives.

And now U can tell the future, abi?

Where r u heading to? undecided
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by 4Him1(m): 12:46am On Apr 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

I hear You!!!!

Its your word against CHRIST.

not at all . . . i havent said anything that you cant cross-check in the bible. Maybe if you read it and stopped wasting your time paying penance which wont get u anywhere but merely buy you a little bit of self-righteousness you may begin to see clearly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? / Untold Truth About Apostle Joshua Selman Wife / How Much Do You Give As Offerings To God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.