Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! (6154 Views)

Gov Bello Discovers Huge Fraud In Unofficial Visit To Ministries / Gov Bello Discovers Huge Fraud In Unofficial Visit To Ministries / Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by sayit247: 3:47pm On May 02, 2013
By Nsikkan Nkordeh

N29B Suspension bridge!!!

This is just ridiculous..all these ACN Governor are reaping off the people with hyper-inflation of contracts

I read that Governor Fashola of Lagos built the Suspension bridge connecting Lekki and Ikoyi, less than 2km, with a whooping N29B!

This is just crazy, a professionally way of stealing

How much does it cost to build a bridge across low-tide waters?

Really a shame that the same offence ACN accuses PDP is what they indulge in

Fashola has shown himself to be a man that defrauds Lagosians under the cloak of ‘development’

A less than 2km Suspension bridge for N29B is mad and wicked…

How much would he then build the 4th Mainland bridge that would span about 15km?..he would need a year’s budget to do that

Nigeria is plagued with mad men as leaders…looting through projects is a crime against humanity.

Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Sayit247

Follow Us On Twitter @sayit247 source http://www.sayit247.com/2013/05/n29b-lagos-suspension-bridge-is-a-huge-fraud/

6 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by OgbuefiNegro: 4:01pm On May 02, 2013
dude,

it has been over-debated; yeah we know already its a fraud. now go find some issue in your state to bring up for debate.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by OKOABENI(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2013
Lagos is working,fashola is working.eko onibaje
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by sayit247: 4:21pm On May 02, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: dude,

it has been over-debated; yeah we know already its a fraud. now go find some issue in your state to bring up for debate.
what if the guy is paying taxes in Lagos? He has a right to his opinioons and to talk about this particular issue. Lagos no spoil and it belongs to all tax payers residing in the state

4 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Inik(m): 5:03pm On May 02, 2013
Obviously an over inflated contract
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 02, 2013
Silly generalizations!

Why didn't you tell us how much the bridge should go for so we can compare figures? How about providing a list of bridges and the cost implications so we can draw inferences? Do you want us to simply believe it's too expensive because you sayit247 said so? You have to raise your game to be taken seriously.

5 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Omen100(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2013
sayit247: By Nsikkan Nkordeh

N29B Suspension bridge!!!

This is just ridiculous..all these ACN Governor are reaping off the people with hyper-inflation of contracts

I read that Governor Fashola of Lagos built the Suspension bridge connecting Lekki and Ikoyi, less than 2km, with a whooping N29B!

This is just crazy, a professionally way of stealing

How much does it cost to build a bridge across low-tide waters?

Really a shame that the same offence ACN accuses PDP is what they indulge in

Fashola has shown himself to be a man that defrauds Lagosians under the cloak of ‘development’

How much would he then build the 4th Mainland bridge that would span about 15km?..he would need a year’s budget to do that

Nigeria is plagued with mad men as leaders…looting through projects is a crime against humanity.

Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Sayit247

Follow Us On Twitter @sayit247 source http://www.sayit247.com/2013/05/n29b-lagos-suspension-bridge-is-a-huge-fraud/

mr. Man, carry your keke napep's comot from road joor, I dey bring my Hummer come in.........
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by RickyRoss1(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2013
Very soon the ACN thugs will come here in their dozens to defend their demi god.
The bridge is not even a suspension bridge to start with. Fashola is as criminally minded as PDP governors. This bridge will be tooled, it is not free.

The best road in Lagos state is the Lekki road but it is tolled, some people pay more than 200 naira daily to use that road. But there are better roads in Akwa Ibom state and other states that are 100% free of charge.

Its only Lagos state that increased university school fees by more than 150%. In other states its far cheaper. In my state its free. Eko Ille and the rest will not say anything about it. Rather, they spend 99% of their time on nairaland calling GEJ names. Can someone tell us why Lagos state University is the most expensive state owned university in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 02, 2013
ACN goons will flatline this thread and OPs MODS won't see reason to frontpage it.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Akpangbon: 6:10pm On May 02, 2013
OP. You want to incur the wrath of the ACN masquerades.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by YoshiMaster: 6:15pm On May 02, 2013
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arkansashighways.com%2Froadway_design_division%2FCost_per_Mile_JULY_2009.pdf&ei=Dp-CUbnJM4aK0AXc3oH4Dw&usg=AFQjCNFgvSUFHgwASDt2s9_WU8ACrFGitw

Helpful for research.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: Silly generalizations!

Why didn't you tell us how much the bridge should go for so we can compare figures? How about providing a list of bridges and the cost implications so we can draw inferences? Do you want us to simply believe it's too expensive because you sayit247 said so? You have to raise your game to be taken seriously.

29BILLION NAIRA IS EQUIVALENT TO ABOUT 195million dollars and at just 2km that equals 15million naira per meter lenght which transaltes to about 100,000 USD for every meter lenght.

Was the bridge constructed with silver cement or are you just daft?

[IMG]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/alain_delon_gif.gif[/IMG]

5 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by fr3do(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2013
Gone are the days where tens and hundreds of millions are stolen,it is now tens and hundreds of billions,gradually it is shifting to trillions.

How would a man and his family spend billions.
Foolishness in their wiseness.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by OmoTier1(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2013
sayit247:
what if the guy is paying taxes in Lagos? He has a right to his opinioons and to talk about this particular issue. Lagos no spoil and it belongs to all tax payers residing in the state
Bros... na you be this for pictures shocked

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 02, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Very soon the ACN thugs will come here in their dozens to defend their demi god.
The bridge is not even a suspension bridge to start with. Fashola is as criminally minded as PDP governors. This bridge will be tooled, it is not free.

The best road in Lagos state is the Lekki road but it is tolled, some people pay more than 200 naira daily to use that road. But there are better roads in Akwa Ibom state and other states that are 100% free of charge.

Its only Lagos state that increased university school fees by more than 150%. In other states its far cheaper. In my state its free. Eko Ille and the rest will not say anything about it. Rather, they spend 99% of their time on nairaland calling GEJ names. Can someone tell us why Lagos state University is the most expensive state owned university in Nigeria?
After reading this post, I felt like shedding tears FOR Lagosians. What a shame

2 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
After reading this post, I felt like shedding tears FOR Lagosians. What a shame

Lagosians have gone brain dead from all that pollution.

1 Like

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 02, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Very soon the ACN thugs will come here in their dozens to defend their demi god.

After reading this post, I felt like shedding tears FOR Lagosians. The burden from Tinubu and Fashola is breaking the neck of Lagosians

2 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by automaticcarzz: 7:19pm On May 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
After reading this post, I felt like shedding tears FOR Lagosians. The burden from Tinubu and Fashola is breaking the neck of Lagosians

Are you not a resident of Abule Egba in Lagos State? Why are you still in Lagos? If Lagos that bad for you, why not move to Zamfara or Enugu?
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by fr3do(m): 7:28pm On May 02, 2013
OK_2_NV:

29BILLION NAIRA IS EQUIVALENT TO ABOUT 195million dollars and at just 2km that equals 15million naira per meter lenght which transaltes to about 100,000 USD for every meter length

368300 naira per inch grin
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 02, 2013
fr3do:

368300 naira per inch grin

$30,000 per inch of bridge. Bridge better be made of Gold!

1 Like

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Goddex: 7:36pm On May 02, 2013
Even the FG owned second Niger bridge of about 4kms and an adjoining road of about 20kms will cost just 30 billion naira so how come just a one 1.3km bridge only now cost 29 billion?

Our ACN leaders steal our collective wealth in droves and then bombard us with loads and loads of propaganda. They are like the little mouse that eats your feet while blowing you with air so you don't Feel immediate pains. The billionaire Tinubu of today was broke when he became governor of Lagos state. He steals our money to acquire all the choice land and mansions in Lagos. They starch it in foreign banks, build hotels and Shoprite plazas, set up radio, newspaper, and TV stations, set up airlines, acquire yacht, etc while common pipe borne water they cannot provide to the common man.

7 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by kross01(m): 7:44pm On May 02, 2013
*quietly takes my seat while waiting for the die hard ACN supporters to come do some arm wrestling with the OP*

1 Like

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by automaticcarzz: 7:49pm On May 02, 2013
Goddex: Our ACN leaders steal our collective wealth in droves and then bombard us with loads and loads of propaganda. The billionaire Tinubu of today was broke when he became governor of Lagos state. They steal our money to acquire all the choice land and mansions in Lagos. They starch it in foreign banks, build hotels and Shoprite plazas, set up radio and TV stations, set up airlines, acquire yacht, etc while common pipe borne water they cannot provide to the common man.

I agree with you but their PDP counterparts are doing the same thing. Of course Tinubu and Fashola are rogues just as Jonathan is. That is the reason why we don't have to be blinded by religious and ethnic sentiments when electing people to lead us. We need to choose wise regardless of where the messiah comes from.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by Abbey2sam(m): 11:38pm On May 02, 2013
Story story!!
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by ba7man(m): 6:25am On May 03, 2013
Why are some people acting as if this is the first inflated contracted in the history of Nigeria?? We used to experience Over-inflated Contracts that were later abandoned or never carried out but now, at least they're commissioning them now. For the mean time, this is the norm in Government contracts, sad but true or do you want me to start recounting tales of what really goes on in a State like Akwa-Ibom or the Ajaokuta railway line??. We will get there soon. Yeah, its Over-inflated and its Sad but this has always been the case in Nigeria.

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by ba7man(m): 6:28am On May 03, 2013
At least, if you add the money for the First Ladies Mission House and the Vice-President's House together, The 2nd Niger Bridge would be halfway under Construction by now. JUST 2 HOUSES OOOO....!!! BTW, I love the fact that they've started consulting Architects to design bridges in Nigeria, that means our Bridges don't have to look Ugly, drab, souless, uninspiring as if they were built by military men going to the war-front. Most bridges in Nigeria are very Ugly....This one is a refreshing Change.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by NeoXVI: 6:58am On May 03, 2013

Even the FG owned second Niger bridge of about 4kms and an adjoining road of about 20kms will cost just 30 billion naira

I will reserve comment until I hear from ACN insiders. Eko-Ile and co, please is this true?

OK_2_NV:

$30,000 per inch of bridge. Bridge better be made of Gold!

ba7man: Why are some people acting as if this is the first inflated contracted in the history of Nigeria?? We used to experience Over-inflated Contracts that were later abandoned or never carried out but now, at least they're commissioning them now. For the mean time, this is the norm in Government contracts, sad but true or do you want me to start recounting tales of what really goes on in a State like Akwa-Ibom or the Ajaokuta railway line??. We will get there soon. Yeah, its Over-inflated and its Sad but this has always been the case in Nigeria.

Shut up joh! The fact that it has been going on for ages doesn't make it right or acceptable. It is mor0ns like you that encourage filthy politicians to do what they do. You've lost all sense of decency and incredulity because it is the norm? Is it a bad thing to expect or demand change?

3 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by ba7man(m): 7:07am On May 03, 2013
Neo-XVI:

I will reserve comment until I hear from ACN insiders. Eko-Ile and co, please is this true?

Shut up joh! The fact that it has been going on for ages doesn't make it right or acceptable. It is mor0ns like you that encourage filthy politicians to do what they do. You've lost all sense of decency and incredulity because it is the norm? Is it a bad thing to expect or demand change?
Since you're so concerned, you could go protest at Alausa....Or better yet, wait for Fashola at its gate and attack him when he shows up.....or you could go find a fat tree trunk and bite on it hard.
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by oddy4real(m): 7:09am On May 03, 2013
FRONT PAGE O. this issue has to be well debated
Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by NeoXVI: 7:15am On May 03, 2013
Just confirmed the cost online via sunnews and a few other media outlets. I was hoping it isn't true, but it is.

N29B (about $180M) for a 1.358km bridge is insane and the epitome of wickedness! That's less than a mile!

I am gradually losing hope that there's any decent enough politician in Nigeria. There goes one of my hopes for a better Nigeria. smh. Meanwhile suspension bridges actually cost less than other types of bridge. Not in Lagos, apparently. And the f00ls here will be shouting Eko o ni baje when politicians are actually baje-ing their children's future

2 Likes

Re: N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! by baynix(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2013
Eko O Ni Baje Ooo!! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bombshell Exposed: Sat Guru Maharaji Names Gen.buhari, Atiku, Sultan Of Sokoto, / "It Can Never Happen!...Tinubu Cannot Make His Lagos Boy My Governor" - OBJ / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.