Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings (4424 Views)

13 Reasons Why I Embraced Islam – Emmanuel Adebayor / Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing / Injustice To Sect, Cause Of Boko Haram Bombings - Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 9:29pm On May 02, 2013
Ever since the Boston marathon bombings, my mind has been swarming with thoughts and emotions.

I have been glued to the internet, digesting article after article, and comment after comment. I am sure I am not alone.

The American Muslim emotional roller-coaster response to terrorism isn't fresh reading. It starts with deep sadness and horror during the course of the actual murderous events, then swings into anxiety, “hope the terrorists weren't Muslims”, then finally the anxiety is replaced with fear of the backlash (if it involved Muslims).

But you see, I am quite sick of feeling guilty for someone else's actions.

Yes, someone ELSE. Not me, nor anyone else I influenced.

Every time someone who shares my faith goes wacko, almost instantaneously all Muslims are forced into the limelight, and compelled to condemn the actions, yet the same standard isn't applied to non-Muslim terrorists. And the familiar excuses are provided to explain why Muslims bear more responsibility.

So let's tackle these excuses:

1. Islam motivated the bombers to terror. As they became religious, they became terrorists.

False. By this logic, the most religious Muslims should be the biggest terrorists. However, empirical proof doesn't support this. How many Imams in USA, who ostensibly would be knee-deep in religious knowledge, have become terrorists? Hardly any! And for this logic to work, a statistically significant percent of Imams should have turned to terrorism, which is not the case.

2. We do know the older brother became religious, right? How can you deny that?

As they say, sometimes little knowledge can become dangerous knowledge. Indeed, in the history of Islam, there were some Muslims (called Khawarij), who were ruthless and killed many of their own. The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said of them that they would be dogs of hellfire, even though they were Muslims. Very practicing Muslims, yet their knowledge of Islam was limited to rituals and window-dressing. Two points that would shock anti-Muslim bigots: (i) Just because someone is a Muslim doesn't relegate him or her to a heavenly position in the eyes of other Muslims and (ii) the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) himself distanced Islam from this murderous type of Muslims.

3. So are you saying that religion has nothing to do with it?

No, except in an indirect way. And this has to do with the concept of comradeship that Islam or any other religion, ideology, nationalism inculcates in its members. As Tamerlan Tsarnaev reconnected with his faith and his people (Chechens), it is likely he felt a deep sense of anxiety with how Russia brutalized and terrorized his native Chechnya. Perhaps he knew that he was being watched too closely to do anything in Russia. It seems likely that he extended the comradeship concept to Afghanistan, Burma and all the other regions where Muslims are being routinely oppressed and killed. We do know that Tamerlan had become quite angry towards American policies in Afghanistan and Iraq. And perhaps his anger boiled over ultimately into the Boston savagery. No one knows exactly what went on in Tamerlan or Dhozakar's heads, but we do know that statistically there is no correlation between radicalism and piety. In fact, in polling done by Gallup in the Muslim world,

In Indonesia (the largest Muslim majority nation), those who condemned terrorism (the moderates) cited humanitarian AND Islamic reasons for holding their views [such as the verse “Killing one life is as sinful as killing the entire humanity”- Qurʾān 5.32]. And what about the radicals? Not a SINGLE respondent from Indonesia who condoned the 9/11 attacks cited the Qurʾān as justification. Instead, the responses were “markedly secular and worldly” (such as “The US government is too controlling toward other countries”). [See more in this book http://muslimmatters.org/2008/05/06/who-speaks-for-islam-part-3a-what-makes-a-radical/ synopsis of Who Speaks for Islam by Dalia Mogahed]

4. But Muslims are causing problems all around the world!

This is precisely the reason that many Muslims feel so much anger and distrust towards the West. Because this is like rubbing salt in an open wound. Like it or not, our government has been engaged in some of the worst foreign policy decisions possible. From the disastrous war in Iraq to the frequent drone attacks in Pakistan, from our eerie silence on brutal genocide of Muslims in Burma to the acquiescence to dictators in the Muslim world, it is obvious to any fair-minded that our government is doing more to radicalize Muslims than any online preacher. Unfortunately there are very few Glenn Greenwalds in the media who have consistently preached this very same message. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/24/boston-terrorism-motives-us-violence) And that message is clear as the sun on a cloudless day: “Its politics, not piety, stupid!”

5. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim.

When a non-Muslim carries IEDs into New York (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315007/Ukrainian-Rutgers-student-arrested-taking-IEDs-New-York-just-week-Boston-Marathon-bombing.html) just a week before the Boston bombings, and no one has heard about it, then you can understand why I cannot blame people who think like this. The only terrorist events (or plots) that are reported ad nauseam are those involving Muslims. This is just the fact. Otherwise if Muslims had a monopoly on terrorism, how can you explain that 88% of domestic terrorist plots in USA since 1995 did not involve Muslims? (http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/04/19/467384/chart-right-wing-extremism-terror-threat-oklahoma-city/?mobile=nc)

6. So you are saying Muslims couldn't have helped prevent this?

In fact, Muslims have been at the forefront of preventing terrorist attacks from their ranks, as Sherriff Lee Baca testified at the Pete King's hearings (witch-hunt) on “radical Islam” that American Muslims have reportedly helped foil seven of the last ten plots propagated by Al-Qaeda within the United States (http://onfaith.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/guestvoices/2011/03/lee_baca_testimony_at_peter_kings_muslim_hearings.html). As recently as last week, an editorial in the Toronto Star gave credit to Muslims for thwarting Toronto plots. (http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2013/04/24/muslim_community_deserves_credit_for_thwarting_toronto_terror_plot_editorial.html)

7. So why didn't Muslims prevent the Boston bombings?

Muslims are not Homeland Security or FBI. We are not authorized or responsible for monitoring other Americans. In this particular case, there is no evidence that the terrorism suspects talked about their intended actions in the mosques. As anyone in law enforcement will tell you that it is virtually impossible to uncover plots by unconnected (to wider networks) individuals. Had these Boston bombing suspects made any reference to terrorism in their mosque, it is unlikely that they wouldn't have been reported or counseled. An interesting case that speaks to this is of the FBI informant, Craig Monteilh, whose open jihad talk led to him being turned into the FBI by the community members in Orange county, California! (http://m.guardiannews.com/world/2012/mar/20/fbi-informant)

8. What is needed then to prevent radicalism then?

Of course, the root of the problem is political and until the oppression of Muslims stops, until drone attacks stop, until Western led wars in Muslim lands stop, it will be virtually impossible to stop the endless supply of radical material made available to disaffected youth. Of course that seems like a distant dream. Until then, we have to focus on band-aid measures. As we have talked about on MuslimMatters for a long time, a key source of radicalism is the internet (see these two posts from 2010: MM on CNN (http://muslimmatters.org/2010/08/12/muslimmatters-on-cnn-in-houston-chronicle/) and Lure of Radicalism (muslimmatters.org/2010/10/18/yasir-qadhi-the-lure-of-radicalism-amongst-muslim-youth/) by Yasir Qadhi). Moderate websites need to be propagated and radicals need to be defeated in the battle of hearts and minds with the true merciful message of authentic Islam. The negative energy feeding angry Muslim youth needs to be tempered with non-violent alternatives. And since the radical political message is being fed within shrouds of religion, the counter-message also needs to be religious and “fundamentalist”. In fact, there is no stronger antidote to radicalism than a strong orthodox Islamic approach

In conclusion, the Muslim community has nothing to apologize for.

We are as saddened and traumatized by the terrorist attacks as any other American.

We feel the pain of innocent individuals, men, women and children who have lost their lives or their limbs to the actions of the Boston bombing butchers.

We are further angered that these terrorism suspects had anything to do with Islam, further complicating the already fractured brand-name of Islam and Muslims in Western societies.

We hate the fact that this incident has given fresh oxygen to the anti-Muslim bigots who make their living as parasites on this hatred. But we are not responsible for the attacks, and we will not apologize for it.

And you, the anti-Muslim bigot, is welcome to sprout and expose your hatred by saying how much you want to nuke all Muslims. But great good that will do. Your hate will just gnaw inside you and slowly eat you up.

As 1.6 billion Muslims (over 1/5 of all humanity), we are very much bound to each other, whether you are a Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist or atheist. Instead of hating, get to know a Muslim. You will be surprised to know how much we are just like you in our humanity.

http://muslimmatters.org/2013/05/02/8-reasons-i-dont-feel-gulity-abou-the-boston-bombings/

8 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by deSika(m): 2:31am On May 03, 2013
reminds me of President Jonathan's 'i dont give a damn' speech.

My people say 'fowl does not run in d day time for nothing'

question is wat is the underlieing cause of all this muslim involved violence. Are the boko boys oppressed too by the christians they bomb

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 6:00am On May 03, 2013
Can you tell us if the guys that caused the Boston bombings were Jews, Hindus or Christians?
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 6:01am On May 03, 2013
Can you tell us if the guys that caused the Boston bombings were Jews, Hindus or Christians?
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by maclatunji: 8:53am On May 03, 2013
That is it. If you want to fight terrorism, fight terrorism. If you want to fight Islam, be bold enough to state clearly what your intentions are. However, don't hide under the banner of terrorism to fight Islam. That would make you deceitful, with little sense of morality and class.

Funny thing is that with all of these clandestine moves, Islam is still growing in America. You can't keep a good thing down.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by AbdH: 10:07am On May 03, 2013
May Allah grant the poster more knowledge. This is a wonderful piece and it is surely going to be hard to swallow by non-Muslims.
Keep it up bro.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 11:10am On May 03, 2013
maclatunji: That is it. If you want to fight terrorism, fight terrorism. If you want to fight Islam, be bold enough to state clearly what your intentions are. However, don't hide under the banner of terrorism to fight Islam. That would make you deceitful, with little sense of morality and class.

Funny thing is that with all of these clandestine moves, Islam is still growing in America. You can't keep a good thing down.

Too bad terrorism is done in the name of Islam. I wonder whose fault that is. The Islamist in Mali that invaded an independent country and impose sharia law by force on people - what was that - UnIslamic Terrorism?

The Sunnis and Shittes killing themselves in Iraq - what do you call that - UnIslamic Terrorism?

Look at now muslims are slaughtering themselves in Syria - what do you call that? UnIslamic Terrorism.

The line between religious justification of violence in the name of God and political violence is TOO close in Islam. So, there is nothing like Terrorism in Islam mate - we don't have to argue that.

You don't say - Islam is growing in America Huh. You mean in the prisons or the Arab immigrants that are free to practice their religion in the US?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by Walexz02(m): 11:39am On May 03, 2013
MashaAllah, islam is great! I likewise advice the attackers of Islam&muslims to stop judging islam by the actions of few muslims... Get knowledge of islam by research and you will be glad you did.
Jumaat kareem to ya'll!
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 11:42am On May 03, 2013
alexis:

Too bad terrorism is done in the name of Islam. I wonder whose fault that is. The Islamist in Mali that invaded an independent country and impose sharia law by force on people - what was that - UnIslamic Terrorism?

The Sunnis and Shittes killing themselves in Iraq - what do you call that - UnIslamic Terrorism?

Look at now muslims are slaughtering themselves in Syria - what do you call that? UnIslamic Terrorism.

The line between religious justification of violence in the name of God and political violence is TOO close in Islam. So, there is nothing like Terrorism in Islam mate - we don't have to argue that.

You don't say - Islam is growing in America Huh. You mean in the prisons or the Arab immigrants that are free to practice their religion in the US?

^What is terrorism?

When Ijaws and itsekiris kill themselves, does it qualify as terrorism??

Does a western power invading an independent country classify as terrorism??

Does sending drones to villages in pakistan and yemen killing thousands of women and children qualify as terrorism??

Does every internal country conflict, qualify as terrorism?? I don't get your reference to the syrian or malian conflict.. I can give you many instances of rebel breakaway in many parts of the world.

Properly define terrorism first... Then we can have a discussion...

A good percentage of the muslims in America are converts but that is not the topic.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2013
Walexz02: MashaAllah, islam is great! I likewise advice the attackers of Islam&muslims to stop judging islam by the actions of few muslims... Get knowledge of islam by research and you will be glad you did.
Jumaat kareem to ya'll!

We judge Islam from the teachings in the Quran and the life of Mohammed. Would you like us to research them together?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 11:58am On May 03, 2013
alexis:

We judge Islam from the teachings in the Quran and the life of Mohammed. Would you like us to research them together?

You know nothing about the Quran and the sunnah.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 12:14pm On May 03, 2013
^What is terrorism?

When Ijaws and itsekiris kill themselves, does it qualify as terrorism??

It's certainly not a religious teaching. However, it is violence and can be can be labelled as terrorism

Does a western power invading an independent country classify as terrorism??

Provide more information and you will get an answer to this question

Does sending drones to villages in pakistan and yemen killing thousands of women and children qualify as terrorism??

Spill over of Allah servants bombing the world trade center, the pentagon, killing over 3000 non-combatants and innocent people. Did you think there will be no repercussion? Allah servants should think about next time

Does every internal country conflict, qualify as terrorism?? I don't get your reference to the syrian or malian conflict.. I can give you many instances of rebel breakaway in many parts of the world.

Not at all? Civil and political conflicts are different from religious violence. The wars in Liberia was political and not religious. The war between Britain and Argentina was political and not religious. The war between Iraq and Iran was religious and not political. So clearly, the motivation for war determines how you label it.

Properly define terrorism first... Then we can have a discussion...

Using violence for religious and/or political political aims

A good percentage of the muslims in America are converts but that is not the topic.

Yeah Barak Obama must be one of them Ha! smiley
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

You know nothing about the Quran and the sunnah.

Then let us compare what we both know from the very same Quran and Hadith. I have a Yusuf Ali's translation - I am sure that is an authentic version
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 12:34pm On May 03, 2013
alexis:

Then let us compare what we both know from the very same Quran and Hadith. I have a Yusuf Ali's translation - I am sure that is an authentic version

Like i said, you know nothing... What is there to compare?

If anything, i should sit you in a class and give you a lesson,
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 12:38pm On May 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

Like i said, you know nothing... What is there to compare?

If anything, i should sit you in a class and give you a lesson,

Cheap way of avoiding scholarship. You must be an authority over the author of the Quran then if I need to learn from you. So, you know more than Allah right (the author of the Quran). Ha!
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by maclatunji: 12:42pm On May 03, 2013
alexis:

Amongst blue-eyed blonds and redheads. You think your excited antagonism counts for anything? Nope, it doesn't.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 12:45pm On May 03, 2013
maclatunji:

Amongst blue-eyed blonds and redheads. You think your excited antagonism counts for anything? Nope, it doesn't.

Talk yet no trace or evidence or proof to backup anything. Talk talk talk

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 12:46pm On May 03, 2013
alexis: ^What is terrorism?

It's certainly not a religious teaching. However, it is violence and can be can be labelled as terrorism

Not one of the brighter ones, i see

I say define terrorism

You say: Using violence for religious and/or political political aims

According to your definition (even though i think it is incorrect):

violence: check

Political aim: check

sounds like terrorism to me.

Provide more information and you will get an answer to this question

The invasion of Iraq.

Spill over of Allah servants bombing the world trade center, the pentagon, killing over 3000 non-combatants and innocent people. Did you think there will be no repercussion? Allah servants should think about next time

Which of the women and children in pakistan and yemen were involved in 9/11?? Were there any yemenis or pakitanis in the group??

Before 9/11, 500,000 thousand iraqi children died from US sanctions, are they combatants as well??

So killing more women and children is the perfect response, and you expect that there will not be more muslims angry enough to want to retaliate??

You are one of the bigots, i see.

Not at all? Civil and political conflicts are different from religious violence. The wars in Liberia was political and not religious. The war between Britain and Argentina was political and not religious. The war between Iraq and Iran was religious and not political. So clearly, the motivation for war determines how you label it.

Your definition of terrorism:
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by maclatunji: 12:48pm On May 03, 2013
alexis:

Talk yet no trace or evidence or proof to backup anything. Talk talk talk

And who are you that I would want to please with data? You already proved your ignorance by not checking before commenting.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 12:48pm On May 03, 2013
alexis:

Cheap way of avoiding scholarship. You must be an authority over the author of the Quran then if I need to learn from you. So, you know more than Allah right (the author of the Quran). Ha!

I certainly know more than you because i have actually studied the text from the sources and understand more of the context of revelation. You read a translation and a few anti Islam sites then you think you have a clue.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by LagosShia: 12:53pm On May 03, 2013
i am surprised at the hypocrisy of some people who would condemn killings of muslims in afghanistan and burma,but would forget and turn a blind eye to what their co-sectarianists are doing to shia muslims in pakistan,and to an extent in iraq also.

Genocide of Shia Muslims in Pakistan
https://www.nairaland.com/1120418/genocide-shia-muslims-pakistan

A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

I am also shocked at the hypocrisy of non-muslims who go about blaming Islam itself for the acts of criminality by terrorists,while more muslims have been killed,and pakistan is a clear example.

alexis:

It is not Shia and Sunnis slaughtering "themselves" in Iraq or Muslims slaughtering themselves in Syria.it is extremists Sunnis aka wahhabis/salafists slaughtering Shia in iraq,pakistan and elsewhere.and these salafists/wahhabis have also slaughtered god-fearing Sunnis who have opposed their line of thinking.

Until wahhabism/salafism is eradicated,terrorism will thrive.and to eradicate this disease,you must identify the source.the source is the saudi regime.rich saudis are using their wealth to spread wahhabism/salafism among unsuspecting and susceptible sunnis,mainly to stand against the shia and iran.in pakistan it is saudi petro dollars fueling the killing of shia muslims,and helping terrorist groups thrive.the saudis see the spread of shia islam as the expansion of iranian influence.

And ofcourse where is the united states to condemn saudi arabia,its wahhabi ally? The americans are complicit in the spread of terrorism,as they know the source but they don't condemn it for so long as the oil is flowing.in syria,the west is supporting alqaeda to topple the pro-iranian regime of assad.americans are after their interests,and wahhabism is playing well for american interests.america ends up holding all of islam responsible and tarnishing the image of muslims,and destroying the moral grounds for muslim causes like in palestine against israel.all muslims become seen as "terrorists" and have nothing to fight for even though justified.the wahhabi/salafist terrorists killing innocent worshippers in churches and mosques,become the image of muslim fighter who is defending his land against a bully and terrorist state like israel.and ofcourse the wahhabis/salafists keep deepening the sunni-shia divide as more blood is spilled,and muslims are worked up killing themselves instead of furthering Islam collectively.why would western media condemn the shia genocide in pakistan? No need,no gain! and again,the country america and israel love to hate (iran,a shia majority) is isolated even in the muslim world.so why do you think the americans and israelis would have any problem with saudis,wahhabis/salafists and terrorism,even if it is our own salafist/wahhabi boko haram? Its a win-win situation for the west.and no non-muslim should deceive himself that america cares about christianity or the lives of innocent muslims and non-muslims killed by the ungodly wahhabi/salafist terrorists.people should starting talking humanity before sentiments.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2013
Not one of the brighter ones, i see. I say define terrorism. You say: Using violence for religious and/or political political aims. According to your definition (even though i think it is incorrect):

violence: check

Political aim: check

sounds like terrorism to me.

RELIGIOUS == CHECK

You forgot religious violence is a form of terrorism too. It's too early to have amnesia smiley or you must have deliberately left that out

The invasion of Iraq.

Terrorism - No basis of 2003 invasion in Iraq

Which of the women and children in pakistan and yemen were involved in 9/11?? Were there any yemenis or pakitanis in the group??

Which of the 3000 innocent women, men, fathers, mothers were combatants. Didn't Allah tell His warriors not to kill innocent people?

Before 9/11, 500,000 thousand iraqi children died from US sanctions, are they combatants as well??

World politics. You rather see this than overlook Sadaam invading Kuwait and killing thousands of muslims and Kuwaitis

So killing more women and children is the perfect response, and you expect that there will not be more muslims angry enough to want to retaliate??

The killing of innocent women and children irrespective of their nationalities or religion is terrible and wrong. I condemn it in the strongest terms. Use the same passion to tell your muslim brothers to stop killing people of other faiths in Northern Nigeria.

You are one of the bigots, i see.

You can label me how you want mate.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2013
maclatunji:

And who are you that I would want to please with data? You already proved your ignorance by not checking before commenting.

Empty talk ................ Like always
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

I certainly know more than you because i have actually studied the text from the sources and understand more of the context of revelation. You read a translation and a few anti Islam sites then you think you have a clue.

Evidence of arrogance - you think you know another person because I respond to you on a public forum.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 1:06pm On May 03, 2013
alexis:

Evidence of arrogance - you think you know another person because I respond to you on a public forum.

It isn't arrogance... your posts give you away.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2013
i am surprised at the hypocrisy of some people who would condemn killings of muslims in afghanistan and burma,but would forget and turn a blind eye to what their co-sectarianists are doing to shia muslims in pakistan,and to an extent in iraq also.

Genocide of Shia Muslims in Pakistan
https://www.nairaland.com/1120418/genocide-shia-muslims-pakistan

A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

Very objective statement. Shows the deep religious divide in Islam

I am also shocked at the hypocrisy of non-muslims who go about blaming Islam itself for the acts of criminality by terrorists,while more muslims have been killed,and pakistan is a clear example.

Isn't the Taliban killing their fellow muslims than anyone else there?

It is not Shia and Sunnis slaughtering "themselves" in Iraq or Muslims slaughtering themselves in Syria.it is extremists Sunnis aka wahhabis/salafists slaughtering Shia in iraq,pakistan and elsewhere.and these salafists/wahhabis have also slaughtered god-fearing Sunnis who have opposed their line of thinking.

Good point and thanks for bringing it out

Until wahhabism/salafism is eradicated,terrorism will thrive.and to eradicate this disease,you must identify the source.the source is the saudi regime.rich saudis are using their wealth to spread wahhabism/salafism among unsuspecting and susceptible sunnis,mainly to stand against the shia and iran.in pakistan it is saudi petro dollars fueling the killing of shia muslims,and helping terrorist groups thrive.the saudis see the spread of shia islam as the expansion of iranian influence.

Another objective point of view

And ofcourse where is the united states to condemn saudi arabia,its wahhabi ally? The americans are complicit in the spread of terrorism,as they know the source but they don't condemn it for so long as the oil is flowing.in syria,the west is supporting alqaeda to topple the pro-iranian regime of assad.americans are after their interests,and wahhabism is playing well for american interests.america ends up holding all of islam responsible and tarnishing the image of muslims,and destroying the moral grounds for muslim causes like in palestine against israel.all muslims become seen as "terrorists" and have nothing to fight for even though justified.the wahhabi/salafist terrorists killing innocent worshippers in churches and mosques,become the image of muslim fighter who is defending his land against a bully and terrorist state like israel.and ofcourse the wahhabis/salafists keep deepening the sunni-shia divide as more blood is spilled,and muslims are worked up killing themselves instead of furthering Islam collectively.why would western media condemn the shia genocide in pakistan? No need,no gain! and again,the country america and israel love to hate (iran,a shia majority) is isolated even in the muslim world.so why do you think the americans and israelis would have any problem with saudis,wahhabis/salafists and terrorism,even if it is our own salafist/wahhabi boko haram? Its a win-win situation for the west.and no non-muslim should deceive himself that america cares about christianity or the lives of innocent muslims and non-muslims killed by the ungodly wahhabi/salafist terrorists.people should starting talking humanity before sentiments

Hmmm, it must be the Americans that wrote the Quran then smiley
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by alexis(m): 1:15pm On May 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

It isn't arrogance... your posts give you away.

Look at a man who is has no remorse for innocent people that lost their lives in Boston but comes out saying until America stop killing Muslims or leaves Muslim lands Islamic radicalization will continue. Is America in Northern Nigeria? Is America in Syria. Yet you tell me my posts give me away? Cha!
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 1:28pm On May 03, 2013
If you read the post, you will see that it is about feeling 'guilty'. I am saddened by the death of all innocents but i am not guilty of it.

I would encourage you to read the post carefully before making shallow comments.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by tbaba1234: 2:37pm On May 03, 2013
alexis:

RELIGIOUS == CHECK

You forgot religious violence is a form of terrorism too. It's too early to have amnesia smiley or you must have deliberately left that out

It is but it also involves a lot of other ideologies... The exact instance, you will find that many of the 'so called' religious terrorist are motivated by politics... I am not sure you read the first post.

Your definition: Your definition of terrorism:

The killing of innocent women and children irrespective of their nationalities or religion is terrible and wrong. I condemn it in the strongest terms. Use the same passion to tell your muslim brothers to stop killing people of other faiths in Northern Nigeria.

More muslims have been killed from the BH insurgency than any other religion...

World politics. You rather see this than overlook Sadaam invading Kuwait and killing thousands of muslims and Kuwaitis

I had family in kuwait during Saddam's invasion, but even saddam did not kill 500,000 babies.

Which of the 3000 innocent women, men, fathers, mothers were combatants. Didn't Allah tell His warriors not to kill innocent people?

There is no where in the Quran or sunnah where the killings of innocent people is condoned.

Dude, read the first post again.
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 03, 2013
I can't just get my head around the fact that someone has the temerity to compare some random bombing in the US with Boko Haram.... angry

Such absurdity....
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by vedaxcool(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2013
thaba nice one!

And you, the anti-Muslim bigot, is welcome to sprout and expose your hatred by saying how much you want to nuke all Muslims. But great good that will do. Your hate will just gnaw inside you and slowly eat you up.

As 1.6 billion Muslims (over 1/5 of all humanity), we are very much bound to each other, whether you are a Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist or atheist. Instead of hating, get to know a Muslim. You will be surprised to know how much we are just like you in our humanity.

One thing I have come to learn is that there is a lot of similarities between alqaeda, a terrorist and the same anti - Muslim bigot, they all have deep hatred for everything they do not understand
Re: 8 Reasons Why I Don’t Feel Guilty About The Boston (or Boko) Bombings by vedaxcool(m): 3:08pm On May 03, 2013
tbaba1234: If you read the post, you will see that it is about feeling 'guilty'. I am saddened by the death of all innocents but i am not guilty of it.

I would encourage you to read the post carefully before making shallow comments.

I hope you know you are not arguing with someone who makes rational comments? Arguing with him is like, using the words of the Americans, arguing with one who does not make rational calculus!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hajj: A Model Of Human Unity / Benazir Bhutto Was Shia ! / Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.