Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno (7926 Views)

Radio Biafra Transmitters Installed On MTN Masts —FG / Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / Gunmen Destroy More Telecom Masts, Kill 16 Inyobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by phoneport(m): 6:01am On May 03, 2013
Gunmen in their hundreds in a convoy of 50 Hilux vans attacked Marte Local Government Area of Borno State, yesterday evening, where they succeeded in burning down all public buildings like schools, hospitals/clinics, police stations and all telecommunications masts in the council headquarters. Marte is about 150 kilometres from Maiduguri, the state capital which also shares borders
with Baga and Chad Republic.

It is also an epicentre of Boko Haram sect which had witnessed series of attacks and bombings. A top police officer in Marte said: “The gunmen invaded the town at about 4p.m with over 50 Hilux 4-wheel drive vehicles armed with sophisticated weapons, chanting Allahu Akbar, meaning (God is Great) and started throwing Improvised Explosive Devices, IEDs, at all public structures without being challenged by security operatives.”
Another reliable source said: “Apart from the Lake Chad Development site, no other public structure remained standing in the town as all of them have been destroyed by the terrorists.”
Our correspondent gathered that the suspected terrorists had after the Baga carnage, issued a warning that Marte town would be their next target of attack.
No life was, however, lost as the terrorists had warned those working in the public buildings in the town to vacate before they struck.
Contacted, the state Police Commissioner, Mr. Yuguda Abdullahi and his image maker, DSP Gideon Jubrin’s phones rang several times without response, but a top security officer who did not want his name mentioned confirmed the incident.
Source:
http://news.naij.com/32959.html

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by phoneport(m): 6:19am On May 03, 2013
At the rate this gun men are going, will there still be any infrastructure left standing in Borno state by the end of this year?
Though I don't live in Borno state but am really sad for how this whole story has turned out.
This state is gradually becoming a CEMETERY.
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by naptu2: 6:22am On May 03, 2013
Phoneport, please include a link to the source of the article.

Edit: the link has now been included.
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Jakumo(m): 6:24am On May 03, 2013
No foroblem. Baa magana. These virgin seekers have evolved way higher than the rest of us mortals who rely on old-fashioned cellphones to communicate.

For the virgin tourists, their scowling, bearded God in Virgin Land is the celestial cell-phone provider, who charges no money, and only requests the periodic harvest of blood from selected infidels, to keep the network signal strong and with full coverage.

Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden will no doubt be very proud of the mayhem wreaked by his turbanned virgin-plucking monkeys.

9 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Turbocharged: 6:27am On May 03, 2013
What is your source?,
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by slap1(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2013
TERRORISTS NOW MOVE IN A CONVOY OF FIFTY VEHICLES?
Fifty Hilux trucks are not as untraceable and inconspicuous as the usual motorcycle they use. 4pm is still daylight, how come there were no trace of them? Did they drive into the atmosphere? Sadly, the effeminate GEJ is currently computing their salaries (amnesty?) for a job well done. #OnlyInNaija.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Idokojimmy: 6:47am On May 03, 2013
When boko haram strikes, the Humaan right watch won't be seen condemning such attacks.
When security operatives are killed, Elrufai and co won't condemn it. They've forgotten that these agents have families yet they are killed becos they swore to protect their fatherland.
Isn't this a clear case of conspiracy?

24 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by kodewrita(m): 7:01am On May 03, 2013
Would it make sense to simply declare borno a no-drive zone. I know this is a dumb suggestion, but seriously it should not be hard to track these cars.
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Nobody: 7:03am On May 03, 2013
Lord have mercy! 50 hillux? I thougth military are still in Baga, why did they not do something.
If this is thrue, then seriously, WAR is very near!
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by teskyg: 7:19am On May 03, 2013
Where are the El-Rufai,Lai Mohammed,Senator Lawan,Human Right,EU,American who never belived the story of the Nigeria Government on the Baga carnage?
Where are those branding satilite Map to show the whole world the Nigeria Military are Demons?
Am sure if the Military intervane,we would have witness another Baga Episode and the whole world will accuse the Military for human right abuse.I suggest the Military should fold the arms and allowed these animals destroy their own town since the people the military are there to protect prefare to provide shelter for terrorist.

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by baynix(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2013
Now Shi.t Just Got Real! smiley

Boko Haram Now Uses Hilux To Ease Their Task?

Someone Shld Convince Me Dat Ds Govt. Doesnt Know About Or Fund Ds Sect!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Ngwakwe: 7:30am On May 03, 2013
Setting back Borno and Yobe States to Stone age is a mission that must be accomplished

- Boko Boys, Girls and Sympathisers

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by idupaul: 7:31am On May 03, 2013
Now international community will not brandish a satellite image when Boko Haram attcks if the JTF strikes back all kind of characters will start shouting genocide .. With these guys riding about in Hilux vans I see maiduguri state govt being completely ousted soon

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Tolexander: 7:42am On May 03, 2013
baynix: Now Shi.t Just Got Real! smiley

Boko Haram Now Uses Hilux To Ease Their Task?

Someone Shld Convince Me Dat Ds Govt. Doesnt Know About Or Fund Ds Sect!!

i remember a news early this week or late last week when a news of police halting the attack of the boko harams but the boko harams were able to collect 2 hilux van from the police. I said the police didn't halt any attack, cos they have succeeded in achieving their aims of snatching police van.
These are some of the things in addition to the sponsors they recieve from some political stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by rolchi(m): 7:43am On May 03, 2013
Baga apologists...where are you? Human Rights Watch...where are you? ACN and Lai Mohammed...can you see this? Nasir El-Rufai...what can be done now? Opposition Media...please, say something now? Senator Lawan, National Assembly....please, come to the aid of Borno but without the services of our gallant JTF!

The Military did not engage a convoy of 50 trucks of terrorists who invaded a town by 4.00pm and having informed residents there were coming...because of "WHY?"

They could have engaged them but the terrorists will still achieve some level of destruction, then the "northern Elders" will score a political point by accusing the C-in-C and the army. This time around, the army stood and watched. They have endured so many hate from the media. Alas, terrorists from another country wants to take Borno State 300 years behind....so sad indeed!

I cry for Borno. But our "Northern Elders" must tell themselves the truth. Our opposition must unite with the ruling party. They must see this as it is...TERROR!

IF Borno is overtaken by Islamists, the opposition will not even go there to campaign. Human Rights Watch will shut down its satellite over Borno. Where is their satellite image of Afghanistan or Iraq or Pakistan

I cry for Nigeria!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by AK481(m): 7:51am On May 03, 2013
slap1: TERRORISTS NOW MOVE IN A CONVOY OF FIFTY VEHICLES?
Fifty Hilux trucks are not as untraceable and inconspicuous as the usual motorcycle they use. 4pm is still daylight, how come there were no trace of them? Did they drive into the atmosphere? Sadly, the effeminate GEJ is currently computing their salaries (amnesty?) for a job well done. #OnlyInNaija.

If your papa na police or soldier u go advice am make him go engage shoot out with bk of over 50 filled hillux van?
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by eagleeye2: 7:52am On May 03, 2013
I am not a Boko apologist, but how come 50 Hilux van will drive into a town starting from 4pm and raze down all structures, yet claim there was no life lost and no security agent challenged them?
Ok, so it is now easy to drive in 50 hilux vans into town for an operation and drive out of town after completing the operation, yet no major newspaper or TV station (even those abroad) will carry the news?
I think this news na wash.......... am sorry to say this, in case am wrong.
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Nobody: 7:52am On May 03, 2013
cogitoErgo: Lord have mercy! 50 hillux? I thougth military are still in Baga, why did they not do something.
why should the military do something? When the useless human right watch are insensitive to their plight. El Rufai and Co. Now i hope the will accuse the military of destroying those houses?
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Nobody: 7:54am On May 03, 2013
teskyg: Where are the El-Rufai,Lai Mohammed,Senator Lawan,Human Right,EU,American who never belived the story of the Nigeria Government on the Baga carnage?
Where are those branding satilite Map to show the whole world the Nigeria Military are Demons?
Am sure if the Military intervane,we would have witness another Baga Episode and the whole world will accuse the Military for human right abuse.I suggest the Military should fold the arms and allowed these animals destroy their own town since the people the military are there to protect prefare to provide shelter for terrorist.
supported

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Sibrah: 7:56am On May 03, 2013
50 Hilux? No wonder JTF kills at random, how do you filter such amount of people out of the entire populace of a town. there must be thousands of sympathizers who cover them up.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by AK481(m): 7:57am On May 03, 2013
I think I like the tactics the millitary is adopting to fight these "allah boys",it is demoralising fighting a man that wants to die!

So they shouldn't be on the defensive bt rather offensive,no engaging them in a prepared crossfire bt rather attack them when they are gathered,always stay in the barrack if u must put on your millitary wears,afterallterrorism thrive where there is active connaivance or perharp silence with the host community.

So,thumbs up ihejirika

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Dibiachukwu: 7:58am On May 03, 2013
What does borno expect to achieve by aiding these terrorists. It is destroying borno and Nigeria has no money to start building a city from scratch. Bottomline, they are in for some tough times. What were they thinking undecided
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by omartins(m): 7:59am On May 03, 2013
cogitoErgo: Lord have mercy! 50 hillux? I thougth military are still in Baga, why did they not do something.
those soldier who raid Baga are still being probe for what happen so you want them to put salt on their own wounds?
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by AustineE1: 8:05am On May 03, 2013
.... council of wickedness and elders of darkness has taken over the land,people now prefer security personnels to die rather than the boko haram terrorists!just for the sake of opposition to GEJs administration,Nigeria is being offered to the dogs,when the military strikes back,they call it highhandedness,when the fail to react,they call it incompetence!some day both the ruling body and opposition will wake up,to find out that Nigeria is no more!lets keep playing politics with the future of our country and our children!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Temismith(f): 8:05am On May 03, 2013
What do u stand to gain after destroying places like d hospital that should be of help to you? Very soon, borno state will be totally empty. Dat is y i don't give dose beggars money cos day are merciless too.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by rolchi(m): 8:06am On May 03, 2013
eagle,eye:
I am not a Boko apologist, but how come 50 Hilux van will drive into a town starting from 4pm and raze down all structures, yet claim there was no life lost and no security agent challenged them?
Ok, so it is now easy to drive in 50 hilux vans into town for an operation and drive out of town after completing the operation, yet no major newspaper or TV station (even those abroad) will carry the news?
I think this news na wash.......... am sorry to say this, in case am wrong.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/gunmen-in-50-hilux-vans-destroy-buildings-telecom-masts-in-borno/
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Quaritch(m): 8:17am On May 03, 2013
Odikwa serious! shocked
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by lukaino(m): 8:30am On May 03, 2013
50 HILUX VEHICLES?
Now i understand the magnitude of the problem. Government must now sit up to tackle this problem head on.
Militarize the whole North, get assistance if needed and solve this once and for all as long as they remain Nigerians. Amnesty is not an option.
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by xcolanto(m): 8:33am On May 03, 2013
I wonder why buhari and his followers have not in any way condemend the actions and activities of this deadly sect
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Lilimax(f): 8:42am On May 03, 2013
Goats! Keep on destroying your states social amenities in this 21st century.
Only time will tell undecided.
Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by Maxymilliano(m): 8:57am On May 03, 2013
Good development for Northern elders. JTF should stay away ...

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno by OmoPastor(m): 9:12am On May 03, 2013
very soon a bunch of confused old men will come out and say borno is free of BH.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Rochas Okorocha Won / Buhari To Attend The Inauguration Of Akufo-Addo, Ghana President-Elect / Ihedioha Directs Ndukwe Nnawuchi To Domesticate Criminal Justice Draft Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.