Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Osun Names Airport After Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Names Airport After Abiola (11665 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / PDP Warns Aregbesola Over Naming Airport After Mko Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Names Airport After Abiola by baynix(m): 8:15am On May 03, 2013
Osun Names Airport After Late Moshood Abiola

An airport under construction in Ido-Osun, Osun State, has been named after the acclaimed winner of June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola, by the Osun State Government.

Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties, Mr Ajibola Basiru, stated this on Thursday during a ministerial news conference held at the Governor’s Office, Abere.

Basiru disclosed that the aircraft maintenance facility of the airport would be ready by next year while international flights would also commence next year.

The airport, which was formerly an aerodrome, had been abandoned for several decades by subsequent administration in Osun before the Rauf Aregbesola administration decided to
reconstruct it.

Basiru said the fencing of the airport had been completed while all gates and security facilities of the airport had been completed.

Commenting on Osun Citizens Mediation Centre – a government agency engaged in conflict resolution, Basiru said the centre had received 84 complaints, adding that none of the complaints had to do with religious disagreement.

Culled From Punch Newspaper

3 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Meritbaba(m): 9:03am On May 03, 2013
Good News coming from my Dear State...Qudos to Ogbeni for the Airport too.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by mayorall(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2013
Osun adara Oº°˚˚°ºo Oº°˚˚°ºo Oº°˚˚°ºo...........
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by badoist(m): 11:12am On May 03, 2013
front page, may his legacies live on
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by BlackPeni5: 11:22am On May 03, 2013
What about the University in Lagos...MAULAG?

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Lilimax(f): 11:23am On May 03, 2013
Thought that they would have completed the project first before naming it.
I hope it will not end up being an abandon project as usual?
Seems they want to use this to gain some cheap political points undecided undecided
My opinion though...

3 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by DJDOLA(m): 11:23am On May 03, 2013
Thank GOD they can now revert d name maulag back 2 unilag
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by adexmuhyi(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2013
wow i'm glad to hear dys 4rm my dear state..[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by cashflowpc(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2013
It is always about this man.....
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On May 03, 2013
Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.

1 Like

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by spacebus: 11:27am On May 03, 2013
hairport??in osun state?wonderful!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by WizPrince1(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2013
The Man Tried - He Deserves It.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by buklan4realyah(f): 11:31am On May 03, 2013
whatever............... undecided
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by boron10(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2013
MKO Abiola stadium, MKO Abiola road, MKO Abiola Polytechnic, MKO Abiola University and now MKO Abiola airport.

Seriously wondering what he contributed to development of this nation to warrant this recognition. Is he Nelson Mandela?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by dridowu: 11:37am On May 03, 2013
Is dr no icon in Osun State ?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by misterh(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2013
Airport in Osun state I see it as a misplaced priority. There are airports in Lagos and Ibadan. Osogbo is like an hr drive from Ibadan. I don't see the need for an airport.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by olly4life: 11:41am On May 03, 2013
boron10: MKO Abiola stadium, MKO Abiola road, MKO Abiola Polytechnic, MKO Abiola University and now MKO Abiola airport.

Seriously wondering what he contributed to development of this nation to warrant this recognition. Is he Nelson Mandela?

slowpoke 10 abi na wetin U̶̲̥̅̊ call ur name self. U̶̲̥̅̊ better go ur village or to ur great great grand mother to tell U̶̲̥̅̊ how many life MKO touched. I don't think you are even well read cos U̶̲̥̅̊ would av known dat all d above mentioned honours to MKO were from states & not federal(UNILAG still in contention). Go to ur section on NL(ben 10) & meet ur peers.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 11:47am On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Why not complete it first before naming it after someone. And what does Osun even need an airport for. What a waste.

Elections are coming next year, 2014 so you should understand the effizy things.
That is how the band of fraudsters in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN operates.

They are always using the FUTURE tense to report their projects - will be completed!

Meanwhile Aregberascal is yet to fully implement the N18,000 minimum wage in Osun and has a running battle with the state NLC.
Not much has been done on BASIC services of pipeborne water all over the state, rehabilitation of primary & secondary schools, primary health centres etc.

9 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by gen2briz(m): 11:48am On May 03, 2013
Why not O-Airport
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by WIZGUY69(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2013
cheesy[color=#990000][/color] THANK GOD IS REMAINING THREE STATE IN THE SOUTH WEST TO OWN AIRPORT! Haters go kiss python
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by jummy05: 11:51am On May 03, 2013
misterh: Airport in Osun state I see it as a misplace priority. There are airports in Lagos and Ibadan. Osogbo is like an hr drive from Ibadan. I don't see the need for an airport.

Chief,perhaps you dont know.Airport is just one of the necessary facilities to facilitate trade and investment in the country.That is part of discerning investors consider before making their investment decision.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by LEvuls(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2013
anonimi:

Elections are coming next year, 2014 so you should understand the effizy things.
That is how the band of fraudsters in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN operates.

They are always using the FUTURE tense to report their projects - will be completed!

Meanwhile Aregberascal is yet to fully implement the N18,000 minimum wage in Osun and has a running battle with the state NLC.
Not much has been done on BASIC services of pipeborne water all over the state, rehabilitation of primary & secondary schools, primary health centres etc.

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by anonimi: 11:54am On May 03, 2013
misterh: Airport in Osun state I see it as a misplace priority. There are airports in Lagos and Ibadan. Osogbo is like an hr drive from Ibadan. I don't see the need for an airport.

And it will be an international airport too, according to the news.
Meanwhile ACN's Fayemi also set up a panel to build an airport in Ekiti state.
Misplaced priority that their gullible followers will start hailing while their clueless masters cart away their money quietly.
Original chop & clean mouth:

[size=13pt]Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo - raise more money for your pocket.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 11:56am On May 03, 2013
Lilimax: Thought that they would have completed the project first before naming it.
I hope it will not end up being an abandon project as usual?
Seems they want to use this to gain some cheap political points undecided undecided
My opinion though...
Governor Rauf Aregbesola makes a lot of noise.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 11:56am On May 03, 2013
Osun state . . .International flight
International flight . . .Osun state

RIIIIGGHHT!!!
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Meritbaba(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2013
So Osun should live on those states for life?...or you think everyone want to remain stagnant in life as u decide to be?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Afam4eva(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2013
Even the airport in Ibadan is rarely used cos Lagos is a stone throw away.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by Nobody: 11:59am On May 03, 2013
WIZGUY69: cheesy[color=#990000][/color] THANK GOD IS REMAINING THREE STATE IN THE SOUTH WEST TO OWN AIRPORT! Haters go kiss python
You make noise, can you afford the cost for a flight ticket for a short distance like Lagos-Ibadan?
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by wellmax(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2013
misterh: Airport in Osun state I see it as a misplaced priority. There are airports in Lagos and Ibadan. Osogbo is like an hr drive from Ibadan. I don't see the need for an airport.

What is this one saying, so you think its wrong for every state to have its own Airport. Nawa for this kind mentality oo.
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by badassnigga(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2013
gud move
Re: Osun Names Airport After Abiola by yoged(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2013
boron10: MKO Abiola stadium, MKO Abiola road, MKO Abiola Polytechnic, MKO Abiola University and now MKO Abiola airport.

. No he's fally ipupa. Substitute the B in ur name with M. #gbam#

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Boss Mustapha Goes Into Self-isolation As Family Members Test Positive / Pray For Russia: Scary Picture / Governor Sanwo-Olu Attends Discusses Climate Change At COP28 In Dubai Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.