Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot (52619 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / How Do You Tell Your Wife That Her Soup Is Not Sweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Greatpeter(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2005
I can tolerate anyone, live with anyone and will try to orientate her plus incuding much fasting and prayer and if she won't change God help us together.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by vexxy(f): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2005
There was a testimony of a Bishop I heard on the radio last year. He had a wife that nagged him to no end. She was also unfaithful and let everyone in the church know it. He refused to divorce her.

She continued to act out against him through thier 10 years of marriage when SHE finally filed for divorce. When it was all said and done, someone asked the Bishop how he put up with her and did he have any ill will toward her.

His words:

No, I love my wife. She was a gift to me because every day I was with her made me stay on my knees searching for God. It has brought my closer to Him and I have her to thank for that.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by IAH(f): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2005
That Level 2 is very stupid on the part of the "nag". Why did she marry the man when she knew that she's not satisfied with his job, beauty, money,etc. Maybe circumstances changed after marriage?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2005
Circumstances change, IAH. A man might lose his well-paying job after marriage. A celebrity might lose his popularity. A handsome groom might get involved in an accident and get crippled or deformed. A wealthy husband might fall into the hands of fraudsters and lose most of his wealth.

When this happens, the wife might easily fall into the habit of nagging, making the home uninhabitable for her husband. Even if the man finally bounces back, he'll be looking for a new woman to share his new prosperity with wink.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mosuntimy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2005
i believe that a problem that has been identified is half-solved. A nagging woman wants something i.e attention. Give her the needed attention. Look at the situation positively. Try to talk to her when she's sober. Make her look very important-well, of course she is.

when nagging encounters patience and wisdom, it dies gradually.
Dating another lady will only add to the problem.
So, keep on keeping on and one will surely overcome

Winners never quit and quitters never win..
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Greatpeter(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2005
Seun whatever it may be, marriage is long live relationship.
No going back, don't ever seek divorce for it's never a solution.
What if your next wife will be naggier?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Motee(f): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2005
According to the bible that can't even be a second wife unless death separate them.

I  got to understand this from Christian friends yesterday. I thought divorce is allowed but if you do it, you have to stay unmarried forever unless you get back to each other again)

The best is to stay single forever or be very, very sure you are marrying the right person.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by joftech(m): 4:10am On Oct 20, 2005
This link shows how bad a nagging wife is, one of the best solution is there too.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nicetohave(m): 4:27am On Dec 11, 2005
If i say every woman is a nag id easily pass for an anti-feminist, yet i've never met one who does not nag...
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by nicetohave(m): 4:30am On Dec 11, 2005
@ joftech...and please help me ask your christian friends what is the fate of a man that marries a divorcee? or vice versa...if the spouse goes back to his/her former, what happens to the formely single now unmarried partner? wisdom is profitable to direct!!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by myname(m): 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2005
well, i've read alot of contributions. but i have two stories to share.
1. there was a family that will alwasy fight every evening the husband comes back from work, the wife will talk him out that there will be alot of fighting every evening. so one day the man decided not to respond to her for that whole evening. when she got tired of talking she on her on bursted into tears and cried bitterly, so pple rushed in as usual, but were surpriced to see the husband just sitting and the woman crying biterly, when they asked her y she was crying, her response was that her husband has abandoned her that since when he came back from work she has been talking to him n he does not respond so neighbors laughed, but that was the end of nagging.
2. The second man just decided to pack his things one evening n when to his fathers house. when she had stayed a week without seeing or hearing abt him she started looking 4 him asking his friends n all that, but latter when she decided to go tell his parent n tell his parents, she found him watching TV in his fathers sitting room n that was the end of nagging with her too. SO WHAT IS THE SOLUTION. i suggets u abandone n live like they dont exist in ur house.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by chrisd(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2006
Anyone got tape and length of rope. You can try that wink It should work well
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Rhodalyn(f): 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by chrisd(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2006
How can you have sex with an ugly lady?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2006
i'm female & I never nag, never have, never will. I've been around people who nag & it's not nice. Yet I found that nagging isn't just a habit, it's not just something people do, there's usually a reason behind it, which makes me ask, what's the cause of this woman's nagging? Does the hubby do something that contributes to her nagging? Is it in fact nagging, or is that just his perception of it?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by papermoon(f): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2006
cry
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Reverend(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2006
I think a good way is first to warn her, then you should stop all sexual activity with her until she mends her ways.

I believe it is hormonal in women and a part of their DNA makeup which makes them moan. The problem can be when they start this at an early age. They basically become old women before their time.

If you go home and they start to moan, do not argue with them, just go out for a beer with your friends. They will soon come to their senses.

If it gets worse you should consider leaving them!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 1:41am On Mar 07, 2006
Oh my, now here's some more education for me, a Christian promoting the use of sex as a weapon. A Christian encouraging the consumption of alcohol at a time when the man may very well be emotional, stressed, tense, due to the supposed nagging. A Christian supporting 'leaving' a relationship based on something so small.
Where is the advice to seek the Lord in prayer for guidence? As a Christian, isn't prayer the biggest weapon there is? This is the trouble in today's times, people who are confused and think they're Christians when their behavior and their speech implies otherwise.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 4:57am On Mar 07, 2006
Well, depending on your marriage ceremony, the words "till death do us part" may have been involved.

For those in such an unfortunate situation, death is the only way to part yourselves. If your own is unappealing, perhaps that of the nagger may due. Depending on your age and health and ability to tolerate about 5 more years of nagging, I would suggest starting on a regimen of some poison. . . start small and continue to increase the dosage, building up your resistance to the toxin. During this time, you should also setup calls to your home threatening the life of both of you. This being nigeria, there is very little chance of this being traced to you if you set it up correctly. At the end of five years, order some food to be delivered to your place. Ambush the delivery man, you may have to silence him for good, and pretend to recieve the food at your gate. Liberally sprinkle with poison and serve. You will, of course, survive and it would be totally untraceable to you.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by Reverend(m): 7:38am On Mar 07, 2006
Idiot!

What type of pizza would you order. I think a Hawai or maybe a Pizza Hut Quattro Formaggio deep pan with extra Italian Salami and black olives.

A side serving of Garlic bread and a portion of cheese cake to be sure. :-)
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 8:03am On Mar 07, 2006
2cantango:

Oh my, now here's some more education for me, a Christian promoting the use of sex as a weapon. A Christian encouraging the consumption of alcohol at a time when the man may very well be emotional, stressed, tense, due to the supposed nagging. A Christian supporting 'leaving' a relationship based on something so small.
Where is the advice to seek the Lord in prayer for guidence? As a Christian, isn't prayer the biggest weapon there is? This is the trouble in today's times, people who are confused and think they're Christians when their behavior and their speech implies otherwise.

by the way, who is the christian you are talking about?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by cletuskpelle(m): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2006
Good question, Idiot. Who is a Christian? What did the Bible say about a nagging woman?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2006
cletuskpelle:

Good question, Idiot. Who is a Christian? What did the Bible say about a nagging woman?

I don't know . . .that's why I asked.

Tell me, what does the bible say about nagging women?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by cletuskpelle(m): 10:43am On Mar 07, 2006
Humility is not weakness. True humility, reveals strength of character in a person as the truly humble person is not self-assertive This is one of the the marks of professing the Christian faith. That should not make one a weakling. The bible explicitly said something about a nagging woman ''It is better to stay on top of the house roof top than to stay in the house with a nagging woman'' How about that?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2006
ok. . .that has been mentioned in the thread before. . .
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 12:32am On Mar 08, 2006
idiot:

by the way, who is the christian you are talking about?
I was talking about Reverend.
Where in the Bible does it say to refuse sex to a supposed nagging wife?
Where in the Bible does it say to consume alcohol as an answer to your problems?
The Bible states to seek the Lord in prayer, to give all your cares to Him for He cares for you.
Why do you doubt that God isn't able to change the 'nagging' character of your wife?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2006
2cantango:

I was talking about Reverend.
Where in the Bible does it say to refuse sex to a supposed nagging wife?
Where in the Bible does it say to consume alcohol as an answer to your problems?
The Bible states to seek the Lord in prayer, to give all your cares to Him for He cares for you.
Why do you doubt that God isn't able to change the 'nagging' character of your wife?

And. . .what makes you say Reverend is a christian?

I haven't seen any posts which say the bible suggests refusing sex or consuming alcohol. So, what are you talking about?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by mamaput(f): 9:46am On Mar 08, 2006
If i had a nagging Husband , i guess i will just not come home grin they are just as bad.
I know you cant compare but its just horrible when children nag.

"mum can i, mum i want, mum ?," the whole day long .
Nobody says anyting about getting rid of them or drinking so why get rid of the wife?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 12:58am On Mar 09, 2006
mamaput:

If i had a nagging Husband , i guess i will just not come home grin they are just as bad.
I know you can't compare but its just horrible when children nag.

"mum can i, mum i want, mum ?," the whole day long .
Nobody says anyting about getting rid of them or drinking so why get rid of the wife?

Well, you can slap the children and tell them to be quiet. Just let a man try doing that with a woman and see what trouble he gets into. . . or let a woman try that with a man and see what trouble she gets into.
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 1:05am On Mar 09, 2006
idiot:

And. . .what makes you say Reverend is a christian?

I haven't seen any posts which say the bible suggests refusing sex or consuming alcohol. So, what are you talking about?

He has said he is a Christian, i was responding to his comment!
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by idiot(m): 1:48am On Mar 09, 2006
2cantango:

He has said he is a Christian, i was responding to his comment!

really. . .and have you looked at the site he links through his profile. . ?
Re: How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot by 2cantango(f): 1:54am On Mar 09, 2006
idiot:

really. . .and have you looked at the site he links through his profile. . ?
I know! I personally don't think he's a Christian, he claimed he's one.
Like I said I was just commenting on his words undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Another Man, She Starves Husband Of Sex / Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.