Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Need Ur Help Pls - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Need Ur Help Pls (671 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Suggestion. / Am New Here And I Need Ur Help / Help Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Ur Help Pls by lilcutie8916(m): 11:27am On May 03, 2013
please how do i compose the plot of a story or what is the plot of a story all about.
please do help if u can.
Re: Need Ur Help Pls by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hi there. A story's plot is what happens in the story and the order it happens in.

For there to be story, something has to move, to change. Something goes from point A to point B. Plot is a literary term used to describe the events that make up a story, or the main part of a story. These events relate to each other in a pattern or a sequence.

Let's take one of my favorite books for example. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. (I hope you've read it.)
The plot of the story begins when Harry learns that Professor Snape is after the Sorcerer’s Stone. The Professor lets loose a troll, who nearly kills Harry and his friends. In addition, Harry finds out that Hagrid let out the secret of the giant dog to a stranger in return for a dragon, which means that Snape can now reach the Sorcerer’s Stone.

So, basically a plot is what happens when and how.

How do you come up with an interesting conflict for your story? It's often a good idea to start with your main character.

What's something this character desperately wants? What difficulties might get in the way? There's your conflict.

What would force this character to do something he or she is really uncomfortable with? Something he or she doesn't feel capable of doing? Create this situation, and you've got a conflict.
I hope I've been able to help. Feel free to ask any questions.

(1) (Reply)

The Message.....series / The Raging Thunderstorm / Telephone Conversation: Sally And Paul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.