Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Best Ukpo Egede Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Best Ukpo Egede Recipe (1849 Views)

Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Ukpo Oka (corn Pudding) Recipe. With Pictures. / Pls Help With Ukpo-ogede Recipe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Ukpo Egede Recipe by Pretiby(f): 4:21pm On May 03, 2013
This is a traditional Nigerian recipe for a classic accompaniment of over-ripe plantain mixed with plantain flour, crayfish and onions that are spooned into parcels and steamed before serving.
This is a very good way of using over-ripe plantain.

Ingredients:

4 over-ripe plantains, peeled and cut into small pieces (but be sure that the inside is not decomposed)
200g plantain flour
1/2 cup palm oil (or less)
1/2 cup crayfish or prawns
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper or chilli
2 Stock cubes (maggi)

Procedure:

Sift the plantain flour into a medium bowl
Pour in enough warm water bit-by-bit stirring all the while to form a smooth paste
Add in the pieces of over-ripe plantain to the paste. Transfer to blender/food processor and blend to a very smooth paste
Lift the lid of the processor/blender add the crayfish or prawns and the onion. Blend further for about 3 more minutes
Transfer the mixture into big bowl. Add in the palm oil, stock cubes, salt and pepper and mix very well
If the mixture seems too stiff and in a little more warm water and stir
At this point, just like I did with mine, you may want to garnish it with slices of fresh plum tomatoes or slices of hard boiled eggs. If so, just add in the slices before proceeding to the next steps
Scoop the mixture into Uma leaves, foil parcels or small containers just as its been done with Agidi or beans Moi-Moi
Set in a pot with a small amount of water and allow to cook for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and solid
Serve with Oatmeal, Akamu (pap/corn starch meal), custard or can be eaten alone

curled from http://..com/2013/05/ukpo-egede-plantain-moi-moi-recipe.html

Re: Best Ukpo Egede Recipe by MrSinister(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2013
Weren't you able to solve the issue with your blog? I tried checking it now but still a dead end.
Re: Best Ukpo Egede Recipe by Pretiby(f): 9:25am On May 06, 2013
no my dear, I sent a mail to the Admin but still no reply yet. They said it was blocked by their spy robot.
Why don't you check it through our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
Mr.Sinister:
Weren't you able to solve the issue with your blog? I tried checking it now but still a dead end.
Re: Best Ukpo Egede Recipe by degurl(f): 9:40am On May 06, 2013
My sister this your Ukpo Ogede recipe na one in town ooooooo.
Re: Best Ukpo Egede Recipe by armyofone(m): 1:33am On May 07, 2013
the native way of cooking ukpo ogede. Nice one OP

I love ukpo oka too.
After wrapping and cooking, leave overnight in the pot kiss so tantalizing kiss Miss your food mom.

Nnem, Chuckwu gozi gi Nne oma.

(1) (Reply)

*picts*those Saying That There Is No Food In 9ja Besides Rice And Beans,come In / Crab Imoyo- Recipe / Ekuru (white Moi Moi) Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.