Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here (25147 Views)

Alfred Okugbeni Speaks On The Challenges Of The Haulage Industry In Nigeria / Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Transport Dangote Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by oduz: 2:28pm On May 18, 2013
@ Stpat1

I hope this is for real I have sent you a message & called severally, but you are asking me to call another number which is out of reach

I have been in front of a house by that number for over an hour doing all these in the sun, I cancelled other engagements & travelled to meet this appointment

Are there 2 houses by the given address? cos I have been standing here for over an hour

You have my number, but u are not calling back?
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2013
@Oduz, I'm sorry about that. Its quite unfortunate and highly regrettable you were just 2 blocks away from where the meeting was held.

First of all, I will like to say a very BIG thank you to all those that were present at the meeting today. I appreciate you sacrificing your precious time and the will garnered to be at the meeting. Thanks for not making my trip from ph today just a tourist exploit.

The total people that were present at the meeting today were 9

The meeting started officially by 1:10 pm

The meeting kicked off with what the business is all about, how the business is run, cost of running the business, steps to ensure its profitability, measures to be put in place to minimise and mitigate against possible and preventable losses, cost of buying a truck, cost of leasing a truck, financial talks, shedding more light on the option 1 and 2, legal talk and corporate imaging.
We also made a comparative check on buying a truck and leasing a truck.

After deliberation and brainstorming,

It was suggested that we start with getting a registered enterprise corporate name.

That after the name registration, we get a corporate back account.

It was also suggested that we start by leasing the trucks are running them for a while as a way of testing the murky waters of the business instead of outright buying trucks to run the biz.

The workability of the possibility of combining the available options were also re-echoed. example,

If we have 3 investors. 2 Option 1 partners that contributed #50,000 each and 1 Option 2 investor who we agreed to pay 20%(as an example) of his invested capital = #10,000 and his principal capital will be available at an agreed date. This brings the total #150,000 to run the truck for the week.

Now if the weekly profit is #50,000 per week, = #200,000 per month. It means that #10,000 will first of all be deducted from the total profit of #200,000 = #190,000. then the balance of the #190,000 will be share by the other 2 Option 1 Partners.

In the case of a low profit or loss, the option 2 investor still gets his statutory ROI (return on investment) for that month and then the balance is shared amongst the Option 1 partners.

We also deliberated on drafting an MOU stating the terms and agreement concerning every aspect of the business

We agreed to contribute a sum of #1,500 each to take care of the business name registration, logistics and as sign of our commitment the this venture. So of paid at the venue and others can pay theirs by reaching Yemi.

We intend to be done with the name registering and corporate account opening within 2 weeks.

Please be informed that the 2nd meeting will be holding in Port Harcourt on the Saturday 25th 2013 to further discuss opinion, suggestion, input and point of view before we finally proceed in the week.

Those at the meeting, Pls feel free to add if there are aspects discussed I did not point out.
Those that were not there, I understand that you must have been unavoidably absent so your input and constructive criticism is still highly welcome.

Thanks.
Sainpatric

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by oduz: 10:05pm On May 18, 2013
Apology noted ....
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by ohkingdavid(m): 1:30am On May 19, 2013
Please am interested & would like to be in the next meeting on 30th May, 2013 as a partner;
You can reach me on: checksmajorltd@hotmail.com & 08067235810; am sure I can contribute positively.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2013
ohkingdavid: Please am interested & would like to be in the next meeting on 30th May, 2013 as a partner;
You can reach me on: checksmajorltd@hotmail.com & 08067235810; am sure I can contribute positively.

@ohkingdavid, The next lagos meeting will be announced after the PH session holds on the 25th Saturday of May 2013.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Aleshyto(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2013
for those of us dat can not attend d meeting how can we participate
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by code1: 5:36pm On May 19, 2013
If you are interested in purchasing any Building Materials, like TILES, POP, SANITARY WARES, SLIDDING DOORS, WINDOWS, GENERAL GLASS PRODUCTS, MOSAIC TILES,E.T.C call me on my phone number for relative cheap prices 08023235881 or 08152746583
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by hassan123(m): 12:57am On May 20, 2013
@ Oduz, sorry 4 d disappointment. I sw ur emil that u copied 2 all members. @ stpat, I appreciate d detailed report. I have also been expecting comments 4rm members that attended d meeting but av not seen much. Well, d meeting was interesting, interactive & attended by matured like-minded pple. Am sure we will improve in d next 1. Later. Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by chukwuwike2ny(m): 3:59am On May 20, 2013
@oduz, I got the mail too! Sorry u were not able to be @d meeting you tried so much to be a part of. @stpat, thanks for d detailed report, I don't think u left out any of what haponed @ d meeting. Intresting and interactive meeting I must say! Physical like-minded people with a unity vision! And also an opportunity to network! Kudos to us all that were able to make to d meeting and to d once that were unavoidably absent. We maid progress!
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 7:01am On May 20, 2013
Aleshyto: for those of us dat can not attend d meeting how can we participate

@ALeshyto, Its easy, just indicate your interest here with your contact detail on you can leave your details here. Also it will be encouraging to attend the next meeting as important steps and decisions will be taken. Welcome on-board.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Aleshyto(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2013
my email address is 2ascadek@gmail.com and my phone no is 07057878593
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by fastlane84: 12:29pm On May 20, 2013
Am interested ...
Rasheedabu84@gmail.com
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by azpekuliar: 3:16pm On May 20, 2013
Subscribing.... [Edit]
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by oluks05: 4:38pm On May 20, 2013
Am very much interested! seyioluks(at)gmail.com Thanks
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Creamychic(f): 6:32pm On May 20, 2013
Hello stpat1,

I'm very much interested.
I can be reached at

ebonybrown555@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2013
@oluks05, @Creamychic, @azpekuliar, @fastlane84, @ALeshyto.

I can assure you that you have taken the right decision and by working in unity with other partners, we will achieve our goal to be the name to reckon when it comes to haulage in the nearest future.

I will implore you to endeavour to be at the 2nd meeting that will hold in Port Harcourt on Saturday 25th 2013 or the 3rd decisive meeting to hold in Lagos on June 1st.

Being present at the meeting gives you the opportunity to meet other interested partners one - one and air your views, make recommendations, share your experience and have an in-depth knowledge of how the business is to the run and how you will be involved in it.

I want to encourage other interested members to make it to the next upcoming meetings as we are in decisive stages and your input will be greatly appreciated at this stage.

Thanks
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 6:00am On May 22, 2013
Guys,
Here are the likely names to be registered

Haulfast Logistics

Translog Support Services

Benchmark Support services

What do you think?

Please feel free to comment.

This is also to remind interested partners that the 2nd meeting for partners will be holding on the Saturday 25th of May 2013.

Be part of it as you input is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:39am On May 22, 2013
Im interested you all. Where's d venue for d portharcourt meeting, please. I think I must be there. I'm Kingsley. 08061368519. Nduka.kingsley1@gmail.com
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by fastlane84: 9:04am On May 22, 2013
Haulfast logistics. Sounds like a good one.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by 2ruink(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2013
Interesting! More power to ur elbow guys.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2013
2ruink: Interesting! More power to ur elbow guys.

@2ruink my guy where have you been?
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2013
fastlane84: Haulfast logistics. Sounds like a good one.

Any other person(s) going with this? I'm also ok with it.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2013
I have been having a lot of people sending me mails and asking similar questions. So I have decided to post the answers to those questions here too as I'm sure some other people too might be having the same questions on their minds.

Number of Investors
We are looking at as much investors as possible and there cannot be issues with the number of investors. At the last meeting, I broke it down to the minutest detail of how all the investing partners are taken care of. Though in time to come there will be other terms of admitting investors. As at now, anyone with a passion, will and commitment in the biz is free to come on board. The profit margin is decided according to the percentage of how much was invested. I worked out the calculation in the last meeting and will do that again in subsequent meetings before we take off. Everything is well documented and cleared in the terms and agreement of the MOU. Everyone will get a copy before we finally kickoff so that we can have a final meeting to address any issue that partners may raise.

Jobs
As for the jobs, there are too many jobs that we surely cannot cover. Most times its the lack of trucks that slows down most jobs as there are not enough trucks to cater for the jobs on ground. In fact the jobs are always there and that's the fueling force why I want us to come together and pool our resources to meet and bridge that gap. My vision is to have a company that construction companies can count on when it comes to hauling materials and making their work faster and efficient.

As for the drivers, you only give them the chance to act inefficiently because most of the truck owners don't have time to manage the trucks and they leave it to the drivers who come up with different excuses that the truck owner cannot verify because lack of time or convenience. I work closely with the drivers so there is a close monitoring of what or where they are at any point in time.

Invitation to Invest
Invitation for invest is still open and will always be open because we will always aspire to expand at the fastest rate we can achieve in the shortest possible time. Take note that the pioneering partnering investors terms and conditions will be different from those that will come on board later. Before next week runs out, we should be getting our Company name registered at the CAC and the corporate account open at a bank to be nominated.

Exit
There terms and procedures for exit of a member have been laid down in the MOU. there is no complications about it. That's why there are documents to sign after reading and agreeing the terms.

Experience
Of course, I have been in this business for over 3 years now. The best experience can be deduced in the capacity in which one is involved in a business. I have person(s) both on and off Nairaland that were/are current investors with me and I give a fixed ROI (return on investment) monthly. There are other partners too that are experienced in this lofty business that we will be working hand in hand with to ensure a smooth running of the biz. Be aware that we do not only need experience in the haulage business, we also need partners who are experienced in other aspects of the business such as accounts, decision taking, management etc. with a synergy of the professionals in different fields who are equipped with the right skill, experience and education, I am confident that we will grow to an enviable height no matter what inhibitions or obstacle we come across in the course of the business. From experience I have been able to pay my dues in making good and bad decisions and have learned from them.

I implore you to attend the 2nd meeting in Port Harcourt or the 3rd meeting in Lagos to be on ground to get instant answers to your questions and also give your input.

Patric

2 Likes

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Uprightventures: 6:06pm On May 22, 2013
Well done, well explained[quote [/b]author=stpat1]I have been having a lot of people sending me mails and asking similar questions. So I have decided to post the answers to those questions here too as I'm sure some other people too might be having the same questions on their minds.

[b]Number of Investors

We are looking at as much investors as possible and there cannot be issues with the number of investors. At the last meeting, I broke it down to the minutest detail of how all the investing partners are taken care of. Though in time to come there will be other terms of admitting investors. As at now, anyone with a passion, will and commitment in the biz is free to come on board. The profit margin is decided according to the percentage of how much was invested. I worked out the calculation in the last meeting and will do that again in subsequent meetings before we take off. Everything is well documented and cleared in the terms and agreement of the MOU. Everyone will get a copy before we finally kickoff so that we can have a final meeting to address any issue that partners may raise.

Jobs
As for the jobs, there are too many jobs that we surely cannot cover. Most times its the lack of trucks that slows down most jobs as there are not enough trucks to cater for the jobs on ground. In fact the jobs are always there and that's the fueling force why I want us to come together and pool our resources to meet and bridge that gap. My vision is to have a company that construction companies can count on when it comes to hauling materials and making their work faster and efficient.

As for the drivers, you only give them the chance to act inefficiently because most of the truck owners don't have time to manage the trucks and they leave it to the drivers who come up with different excuses that the truck owner cannot verify because lack of time or convenience. I work closely with the drivers so there is a close monitoring of what or where they are at any point in time.

Invitation to Invest
Invitation for invest is still open and will always be open because we will always aspire to expand at the fastest rate we can achieve in the shortest possible time. Take note that the pioneering partnering investors terms and conditions will be different from those that will come on board later. Before next week runs out, we should be getting our Company name registered at the CAC and the corporate account open at a bank to be nominated.

Exit
There terms and procedures for exit of a member have been laid down in the MOU. there is no complications about it. That's why there are documents to sign after reading and agreeing the terms.

Experience
Of course, I have been in this business for over 3 years now. The best experience can be deduced in the capacity in which one is involved in a business. I have person(s) both on and off Nairaland that were/are current investors with me and I give a fixed ROI (return on investment) monthly. There are other partners too that are experienced in this lofty business that we will be working hand in hand with to ensure a smooth running of the biz. Be aware that we do not only need experience in the haulage business, we also need partners who are experienced in other aspects of the business such as accounts, decision taking, management etc. with a synergy of the professionals in different fields who are equipped with the right skill, experience and education, I am confident that we will grow to an enviable height no matter what inhibitions or obstacle we come across in the course of the business. From experience I have been able to pay my dues in making good and bad decisions and have learned from them.

I implore you to attend the 2nd meeting in Port Harcourt or the 3rd meeting in Lagos to be on ground to get instant answers to your questions and also give your input.

Patric[/quote]
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Dumas32(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2013
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by ohkingdavid(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2013
@Stpat1

Thanks for responding with the date of the 3rd meeting to hold in Lagos; please consideer my interest & I'll appreciate if info can reach me on time to enable me reschedule my calender.
I have 7yrs experience with Nigeria number one 3PL company & presently we just imported some trucks for our haulage department (actually its a new company registered by the company top managers from outside Nigeria; they registered it to lift our clients goods @ the sea & airports).
Please don't hesistate to alert me (ohkingdavid2@gmail.com) so I can be a part of the great move & God'll see us through.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by usmarine(m): 6:27pm On May 23, 2013
Hi Stpat1, God bless you for creating this Topic, i have been following, believe me i have strong faith that this will surely work out anyway i am also very much interested, here are my contacts;

abylag@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Ichiebillion1(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2013
1. Congratulations to StPat1 and all others that took part in the first meeting.
2. The outcome of the deliberations were quite interesting.
3. The second meeting scheduled for Port Harcourt provides another opportunity for more people to deepen discussions and reach new resolutions.
4. May I remind StPat1 that the venue for the second meeting holding in Port Harcourt is yet to be made public in this forum.
5. Haulfast Logistics does not sound bad for a company's name.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by EVERWIN(m): 7:07am On May 24, 2013
@Stpat1
What are you going to put or invest in this business?
Is there only place for investors (partners) or also for business partners?
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by skyp(m): 12:38pm On May 24, 2013
I am interested in this biz but can't b at the meeting. Pls post me the detail outcome of the meeting here. escosll7@gmail.com
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by webizone(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2013
I took my time and am signing up. This looks okay. Sorry I can't make it to the meeting but would attend anytime from June 6. What of Kaduna? That is definitely the big thing in KD. webizone@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Much Is Black Market Rate Of Pound To Naira And Dollar To Naira Today? / NCC Sues MTN For Copyright Infringement Against Maleke / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.