Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused (18921 Views)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / Praise God ! I Got My Offer Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by sweetnigga(m): 1:01am On May 04, 2013
David ogar: mr man you better find another job else were and forget about north because all the north side is not save @ all, I have travel to all the the state in the north both maduiguri, don't ask why, cause I when there for business? If you love your life and the life of your family? Becareful my brother?
de ur shop de sell ur garri english no fit u bro

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 1:07am On May 04, 2013
Okija_juju: All I can say is; All die na die..

Jos death and Kaduna death, no difference.. The killers are the same people; Abokis..

Anyways, I will pick jos sha.. At least it's a beautiful place to die in..

LOL grin
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Ayodeleshow: 1:30am On May 04, 2013
Oga Op, i understand your fear but ask yourself one true question. with all the boko haram insurgence, insecurity, etc, are thousands of people not still living fine in every northern state? coz if it was so bad, everyone would have fled the states. Another question is, do pple not die in the south on daily basis? accidents, fights, etc. Bottom line is, where ever you find yourself, just pray for God's protection. your everyday prayer is never to be found around any place when violence will erupt. God will see you tru. Abeg i dey find work for north too as i no gree see work for lag. whoever get sure info, abeg pm me o. God bless you as you do so.

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by DonaldGenes(m): 1:39am On May 04, 2013
sKeetz: Borno is best !
seeeee wickedness
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by BrosG: 1:39am On May 04, 2013
Jos is peaceful now. I mean jos city ,but for the outskirts settlements ,it is well
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 1:39am On May 04, 2013
toluxa1: Is the University of Jos in the outskirt? Cos I have heard of 2 times it had to be closed down cos of riot? Just asking o
No it is not at the outskirts. Closed two times because of riot Can you give me dates cause you're clearly not talking about my school.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by DonaldGenes(m): 1:41am On May 04, 2013

Jos death and Kaduna death, no difference.. The killers are the same people; Abokis..

laf do mk me naked adaobi
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by delors(m): 2:04am On May 04, 2013
caukerzee: No it is not at the outskirts. Closed two times because of riot Can you give me dates cause you're clearly not talking about my school.
Maybe he 'wash' it on the RADIO news grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by mrperfect(m): 2:14am On May 04, 2013
North is north no where is safe there, but if you must choose one Kedunna is safer than Jos
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by kundul: 2:18am On May 04, 2013
I stayed in kd 4 15 yrs n am now in jos bro if u choose kd stay in d southern part bt if u choose jos stay in d township jos city cos majority of d problems u here r in d villages nt jos township. N moreso d 2 factions r no longer stayn 2geda dts y ders relative peace in jos now

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by kolexy(m): 2:40am On May 04, 2013

Lol........Clown.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by kolexy(m): 2:48am On May 04, 2013
lumideezle: Hello People,
Ok I'm going to make this as brief as possible so as not to bore you guys out

I got A Job offeer from one of the major multinationals in the country in the FMCG field, now this offer is pretty Juicy so forgoing it is not an option.
The only problem I have now is that the offer location is in Jos or Kadunna and I am based in Lagos at the moment, infact I've only been to the north once in my entire life and I spent just 3days there .
My Question now is which of these locations should I choose considering the security challenges in these locations. Which is beta ?
Please I'll really appreciate responces from people that live in these locations because I am really confused @ d momoent

I dont know about the security situation, but the weather in Jos is cool. I'm sure nobody will teach to resign if you go to Kaduna in December.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by marex: 2:54am On May 04, 2013
smoke ice: Picture from steffans in Jos town. The groove continues till dawn. We rock this town and u are free to join us

Chooooooi......na....HERO...dis guy dey drink? So Steffans get HERO BEER *smh*.... I go must enter that steffans asap!
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by lolaluv1(f): 3:05am On May 04, 2013
dabigwalls: I lost a friend in the Jos crisis of 2001. Never found till date...

2 friends have also told me tales about how they lost people to the crisis in the late 2000s.

Which is why it's important you don't go a-wandering into enemy territory.
I have people living in both and they're doing very well. I've also been in KD and Jos. Both nice places to stay, as long as you stick to the Southern parts...
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by patholaw: 3:21am On May 04, 2013
my friend lost 1 if his finger in the jos crises.....

my grandfather have been living in kaduna since 1950's....and nothing has happened 2 him....
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by otokx(m): 3:55am On May 04, 2013
Jos is making so much sense.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by losak9111(m): 4:08am On May 04, 2013
Pls my brother say farewell to ur family before going to BOKO HARAM state,i wish you best of luck in ur new life and death job
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by losak9111(m): 4:26am On May 04, 2013
I can't tell you one now and my oga will say it's another one,pls ask my oga @ the top

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Ochek: 4:28am On May 04, 2013
kkkp: Stop lying ol d crises btw fulani beroms..

Have you ever been to Jos or ve someone staying there? If you do, then, needless to inform you that the media has black painted the name Jos. All you ve heard on radios, read on papers or over the internet, re false (in terms of actual locations).
Are there security challenges on the plateau? Yes.
Are there security challenges in Jos. No! (not since 09).
However, this is how i would advice. Given the past record of events, save Rayfield, you had better chosen ur residential area as per ur religion. Save that, all other daily routine re as normal as in any peacefull part of the nation.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by richfaxy: 4:34am On May 04, 2013
Anywhere you choose, what you need to pray for is for the protection of God, be it in the south or anywhere in the North.
I stayed in KD for over 25years, KD has logically been demarcated into the Northern Part (mainly notherners and Moslems) and southern part (mainly Christians). So depending on ur ethnicity/religion, u know where to choose. The southern part is considerably safe and fun if u are a christian and during crises those in Kaduna south seldom experience the crises. but While i lived i KD, i always run to Jos to cool off. Jos has a very good weather, less expensive but i cant say about the security situation.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 4:50am On May 04, 2013
I nominate Jos cos I did my university education there and I was in Jos like 2 months ago and like 12am we left home to get some money from an ATM and Avis was still lively, but kaduna is also a nice town I have very good chaps there.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by aydotcome: 4:54am On May 04, 2013
Well, have stayed in jos, and have also been to kaduna couple of times.Jos is a good place, especially if you want "a no huSsle life style"go to Jos .Kaduna has a prospect for business than jos, considering your job "as FMCG rep"based on demograhic index.As regards security, Absolute peace is a state of the mind.Even in time of war, some people still find peace.There are no places where there is/are no occurences, but it is your prayer and trust in God that will keep you through.While making claims of violence and clashes in north, People in the north could also be afraid of kidnappers and ritualist in the south.
Mind you, there was a time in Lag, when clashes broke out in Agege, idi-araba and shagamu with hausa's and the local community where they reside.Does it affect everybody/everywhere in lag? Do we consider Lag as a "no-go" because of these incidences? No!
So, crises will always happen, but our daily prayer is not to be caught-up in it.
As per the choice, I will go for Jos! Its a beautiful city.
My 1 cent.

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Krasid(m): 4:55am On May 04, 2013
sorry op i choose safety.now singing *i love my life*
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 5:05am On May 04, 2013
toluxa1: Is the University of Jos in the outskirt? Cos I have heard of 2 times it had to be closed down cos of riot? Just asking o
uni jos is in Mallo territory o, lokocin da fada ya fara kowa za su ciga guduwa ne fa! I remember ungwa rimi 2009, thank God I had relocated to town before the wahala began.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by chemashie(m): 6:12am On May 04, 2013
caukerzee: Just shut the hell up! I stay in jos and the last time we expirienced any real crises was 2009.
2009 or 2010? Am not sure you live in Jos.
@ op, ignore the two locations if possible cos you can lose all you worked for in a second if you stay in the north.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 6:28am On May 04, 2013
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Ikoniko(f): 6:29am On May 04, 2013
uboma: Jos is better than Kaduna interms of security, friendly weather and social life.
i agree with you on friendly weather, but in times of security and social life i disagree.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by petokey: 6:41am On May 04, 2013
Who ever told you kaduna has any security challenge.
Kaduna is best for you my brother.
I have lived all my life in kaduna and am an origin of Imo state.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Chimerase(m): 6:51am On May 04, 2013

dis guy na foool gringrin
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by musaibnabdul(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2013
jos is safe and secured. Social life is in boom, weather is the best in any part of naija, i live there i rep jcity
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by VMF(m): 6:54am On May 04, 2013
Hey guys, sorry for derailing! I just finished watching the much-acclaimed 'Django Unchained' and I am getting very very emotional!

Slavery was truly not a joke back then! A very big R.I.P to all departed Africans who went through it! It was indeed hell from what the movie depicts!

Africa will become a continent to reckon with in the nearest future, if not for anything, for the 'ultra-torture' that was meted on my fellow blacks by Europeans!

Share your views!!!
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by mu2sa2: 6:54am On May 04, 2013
There's no spot on earth that's absolutely safe - you choose to live where's convenient for you or are compelled to by circumstances. Most of the posts are biased, maybe some posters have not even been to either cities. I know Jos and Kaduna very well. They are nice places. Kaduna is more cosmopolitan and centrally located. Jos weather is fantastic and the scenery is breathtaking.
Visit the cities and decide which you prefer. As for security, jos and kaduna are like other cities in nigeria, even doing better than all these places where ritualists, robbers, kidnappers are having a field day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aggrieved Ex-baker Hughes Employees Protest In Enugu, Demand N12b Entitlements / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. / Signs You Are Pursuing A Wrong Career.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.