Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings (2061 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait / Buhari Condemns Borno, Yobe Attacks, Vows To End Boko Haram Insurgency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Chylo(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2013
Why is there a perception that Gen. Buhari never condemns the activities of the sect (including the post-election violence) while the evidence to the contrary is quite clear? Is this simply the means people choose to reinforce their folly that the General is their sponsor?
Here are a few of Buhari's rebuttals to these miscreants called Boko Haram and killings in general.

Former Head of State Muhammadu Buhari was among eminent Nigerians and institutions who have condemned the Christmas Day church blasts in several states of northern Nigeria.

In his response, General Buhari said, "Bombing other human beings to death at any time is callous. It becomes much more reprehensible on a Christmas day and all lovers of peace must condemn these gruesome acts and demand that the perpetrators be fished out and brought to book."
The bombings took place at the St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State; Jos, Plateau State; and Damaturu, Yobe State.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/buhari-jonathan-pdp-condemn-xmas-day-bombing-churches

Former Head of State and Presidential Candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari has condemned Friday bomb attacks at the United Nations building in Abuja in which many lives were lost and several others wounded. He described the horrendous attack as heart rending devastation and a great challenge to the emotion. Gen Buhari sends condolences to the United Nations, the mourning people of Nigeria and the grief-stricken families who have lost beloved ones in this unfortunate incident: "It is my prayer that the Almighty will comfort all the bereaved and bring speedy recovery to all the wounded" he said.

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7938%3Abuhari-condemns-attack-on-un-building-in-nigeria&catid=3%3Anewsflash&Itemid=44

CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE (CPC) MOTTO: EQUITY, PEACE AND PROSPERITY
STATEMENT BY THE CPC

1. The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) noted with concern the ongoing violent reaction on the announced results from the collation exercise currently in progress at Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

2. While appreciating the inalienable right of Nigerians in a democratic system to express their feelings in a protest against injustice, they must never the less remain non-violent.

3. The CPC abhors violence by all Nigerians in the course of expressing grievances

4. The CPC has throughout its campaign preached to its supporters to eschew violence. In the circumstance we therefore, call on all our supporters to remain calm and non-violent and prepare themselves for the next round of elections on Tuesday, April 26, 2011.

5. All CPC supporters should come out enmasse on April 26 to vote for the CPC and overthrow those responsible for the evident injustice to our Party and the nation.

6. We call on the federal government to investigate and determine the role of the police and other security forces in the allege shooting of about 100 innocent Nigerians in Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Port Harcourt, Owerri and other
places.

General Muhammadu Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by wesley80(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2013
My screen is a bit fuzzy, you mind highlighting where he condemned the Boko Haramites?
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by slimghost(m): 9:09pm On May 03, 2013
@OP
Am having comprehension problems. Please help me highlight where he condemned Boko Haram.
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Chylo(m): 9:15pm On May 03, 2013
Well, isn't it obvious? or do you want me to spell it out for you? He condemns the activities of the sect (i.e bombing), what else do you want? You want him to solve the problem for Mr. Retardeen President?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Maxymilliano(m): 9:28pm On May 03, 2013
Op, you don't need to sweat it, General Buhari was never the root cause of insurgency in the north.

It is his prerogative either to condemn the activities of the sect or not, he's not duty bound.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by wesley80(m): 9:28pm On May 03, 2013
Chylo: Well, isn't it obvious? or do you want me to spell it out for you? He condemns the activities of the sect (i.e bombing), what else do you want? You want him to solve the problem for Mr. Retardeen President?
^ You mean he condemned their "activities" without condemning the group is'nt that so? Perhaps you're too reetarded to tell the difference.
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by OsunOriginal: 9:52pm On May 03, 2013
wesley80:
^ You mean he condemned their "activities" without condemning the group is'nt that so? Perhaps you're too reetarded to tell the difference.

Why not tell us the difference? And probably you can advice how you want him to structure the condemnation so it will have the same effect on the sect as your condemnation. Intelligent elder state men will not attack unknown individuals but their activities.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by wesley80(m): 10:05pm On May 03, 2013
^ An intelligent statesman would ask a group called Boko Haram to sheathe their sword and seek legitimate means of seeking redress besides spilling the blood of innocents and targeting defenceless Christians.
Intelligent posters would recognize your Saint Buhari has deliberately and cowardly failed to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by automaticcarzz: 10:28pm On May 03, 2013
Some of you guys need to just shut up and zip it becuase you don't know what you are talking about. It is this same Buhari who led the military to wipe-out the Ayamatasin who were killing Christians in the North when he was Chief of Army Staff. I know some of of you are kids now and were not born during the Ayamatassin saga. Ayamatassin were like Boko haram back then killing tens of people per day. Ask your parents if you all don't know.

History will judge you all.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by lacasa: 10:40pm On May 03, 2013
Buhari/Fashola is the way cool

#.. Be a Progressive wink

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by wesley80(m): 11:02pm On May 03, 2013
automaticcarzz: Some of you guys need to just shut up and zip it becuase you don't know what you are talking about. It is this same Buhari who led the military to wipe-out the Ayamatasin who were killing Christians in the North when he was Chief of Army Staff. I know some of of you are kids now and were not born during the Ayamatassin saga. Ayamatassin were like Boko haram back then killing tens of people per day. Ask your parents if you all don't know.

Perhaps he exhausted his will to do right crushing the Ayamatangas, there does'nt seem to be any left.
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by automaticcarzz: 11:11pm On May 03, 2013
wesley80:
Perhaps he exhausted his will to do right crushing the Ayamatangas, there does'nt seem to be any left.

Whatever!
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Maxymilliano(m): 11:13pm On May 03, 2013
automaticcarzz: Some of you guys need to just shut up and zip it becuase you don't know what you are talking about. It is this same Buhari who led the military to wipe-out the Ayamatasin who were killing Christians in the North when he was Chief of Army Staff. I know some of you are kids now and were not born during the Ayamatassin saga. Ayamatassin were like Boko haram back then killing tens of people per day. Ask your parents if you all don't know.

Prof, I'm a student of history Sir, when was Buhari the Chief of Army Staff as captured in your post grin grin
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by automaticcarzz: 11:21pm On May 03, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Prof, I'm a student of history Sir, when was Buhari the Chief of Army Staff as captured in your post grin grin

He was a Military Governor North-Eastern State back then and not Chief of Army Staff. You can go ahead and find out how he dealt with the Ayamatassin killers that were terrorizing Christians in the North.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2013
grin wetin 2015 go cause, ends no go wonder!
Buari dey deny his people because of 2015?
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by automaticcarzz: 11:31pm On May 03, 2013
Buhari has the right to contest but I think he is not contesting. I just don't believe all these reports coming out about him vying for office again.
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by UmarSanda: 11:34pm On May 03, 2013
@OP, dnt mind d bigots, dey r only looking 4 loopholes 2 criticize d general, even wen dey read it in papers dat d man condemn d act, besides, wat did he got 2 do wit BH n condemning dem wen d ret ard couldnt do jack.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Nobody: 12:12am On May 04, 2013
SAI BUHARI 2015! cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Nobody: 1:17am On May 04, 2013
When has Sambo ever condemned BH

Has Obasanjo condemned BH

How many of the govt's cabinet members have ever condemned?

Which other politicians in the country , have never commented on BH? Does their lack of comment equate to them all being sponsors of BH.

If you believe the lies being told about Buhari, then you must lack the ability to reason.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by nuclearboy(m): 3:26am On May 04, 2013
^

People CAN reason but in lieu of what to say, they have no choice but to fabricate OR to suspect!
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Gamji007: 4:47am On May 04, 2013
wesley80:
Bross,u get sense at all?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by iwanchop(m): 4:55am On May 04, 2013
wesley80:

What do you really want from Buhari?He condemned the sect activities now u r saying he didn't condemn the sect itself,I see where u r coming from.Instead of disturbing Buhari to condemn y not tell Jonah to fulfil one of the constitutional provisions he swore to uphold(protect the lives and properties of Nigerian citizens)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by wesley80(m): 5:37am On May 04, 2013
Gamji007:
Bross,u get sense at all?
Yes I get, you nko your own done finish?
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Dibiachukwu: 5:54am On May 04, 2013
sahara reporters
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Katier00(f): 6:06am On May 04, 2013
wesley80: ^ An intelligent statesman would ask a group called Boko Haram to sheathe their sword and seek legitimate means of seeking redress besides spilling the blood of innocents and targeting defenceless Christians.
Intelligent posters would recognize your Saint Buhari has deliberately and cowardly failed to do so.
just let d man be, wat is ur problem wit buhari, haba
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by wesley80(m): 6:31am On May 04, 2013
^ Swthrt, I have no problem with the man Buhari but I find his ideology revolting.
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by slimghost(m): 7:07am On May 04, 2013
No need for noise making. APC should give him their presidential ticket, let's see how popular he is. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by toshacer: 7:28am On May 04, 2013
Ayamatangas. loollllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by OmoPastor(m): 7:37am On May 04, 2013
buhari is a joker and an old liar. how come he's talking now after a long spell of evil unleashed by his "dogs" (BH) cos 2015 election is very close and heating up and this is the guy some disillusioned people are presenting for presidency?

may the gods send buhari on errands he never asked for, yeye man
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Chylo(m): 7:42am On May 04, 2013
OmoPastor: buhari is a joker and an old liar. how come he's talking now after a long spell of evil unleashed by his "dogs" (BH) cos 2015 election is very close and heating up and this is the guy some disillusioned people are presenting for presidency?

may the gods send buhari on errands he never asked for, yeye man

My friend, next time read the post before making useless comment.
Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Nobody: 7:55am On May 04, 2013
OP,

Some people have been so blinded by hate and PDP propaganda that they will NEVER refrain from calling Buhari a Boko Haram sponsor, despite their inability to provide any shred of tangible evidence to support their claims.

To all of you that keep insisting that Buhari is BH's sponsor (despite the glaring lack of evidence) I have a couple of questions

1. If Jonathan's government had the slightest evidence that Buhari was a BH sponsor, do you think they'll let him remain a free man?

2. Can you explain why General Andrew Owoye Azazi, a retired army general and National Security Adviser, came out to publicly tell the world that PDP=Boko Haram and Boko Haram=PDP? More importantly, can you explain why he died in a mysterious plane crash weeks later?

3. Can you explain why the only top politician fingered so far as a BH financier, Mohammed Ali Ndume, is a PDP member? Or are you saying Buhari has moles in the PDP, the self-acclaimed largest party in Africa?

4. Why hasn't Vice President Namadi Sambo come out to debunk the claims being made that he has been in contact with BH? Surely if he had/has been in contact, he'd know who these people are, no?

Nigerians should open their eyes and stop being deceived. The truth is, as we speak there is no iota of evidence linking Buhari to Boko Haram.

Open your eyes, else prove Hitler's statement true, when he said "When you repeat a lie often enough, it begins to sound like truth". Open your eyes, Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings by Katier00(f): 8:21am On May 04, 2013
wesley80: ^ Swthrt, I have no problem with the man Buhari but I find his ideology revolting.
u ar rite, bt somtimes slience is golden, we must nt react to everything said by man and he has d right to comdemn or nt the activites of boko haram, i mean there ar many prominent nigerians dat hv nt said anything abt boko haram, why is buhari's stand raising so much concern

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uyo Nathaniel: 9 Untold Stories Of A Great Personality / Breaking News: APC Merges With New PDP / Obong Victor Attah Gets A Heroic Reception After The 2014 National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.