Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:44 PM

Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? (1488 Views)

As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars? / Hell Believers; Are You Going 2 B Watching Us Atheists Burn In Hell From Heaven? / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 03, 2013
Ever sometimes feel your voicemail from heaven is full? Like you know you need to know something but you don't know how to GET to the message? How do you HEAR the Holy Spirit?

What is the structure? How do I tap in? I have a feeling of deep unease and I know that this generally means it is my spirit pinging me. Experienced brethren, How long do you usually pray till you get the answer or "flow"? Please I need serious counselling. All atheists will be banned.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by PastorOluT(m): 2:57am On May 04, 2013
2buff: Ever sometimes feel your voicemail from heaven is full? Like you know you need to know something but you don't know how to GET to the message? How do you HEAR the Holy Spirit?

What is the structure? How do I tap in? I have a feeling of deep unease and I know that this generally means it is my spirit pinging me. Experienced brethren, How long do you usually pray till you get the answer or "flow"? Please I need serious counselling. All atheists will be banned.

The answer is very simple, develop a relationship with Christ Jesus and all your doubt will be cleared, this things are better experienced than told.

To develop a relationship with Him you have to spend unique quality time in His presence daily, if you desire to partake in the Heavenly gifts and experience the power of the highest then you have to be earnest, for this is not for jokers but serious minded people.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 3:57am On May 04, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

The answer is very simple, develop a relationship with Christ Jesus and all your doubt will be cleared, this things are better experienced than told.

To develop a relationship with Him you have to spend unique quality time in His presence daily, if you desire to partake in the Heavenly gifts and experience the power of the highest then you have to be earnest, for this is not for jokers but serious minded people.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

Yes this is the same kind response I get every time. I need more practical specifics. My question is HOW do I spend the time? What is the structure? Spend time doing what?
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by shdemidemi(m): 8:21am On May 04, 2013
The only way you can hear the Holy Spirit is by studying the word of God that was primarily written to you. God will not physically talk with any man in this age, but through His word that represents his spirit. Discerning of this word of God puts you in a state of spiritual fellowship with God.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Baritone(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2013
I believe you're matured enough to understand the term Grow in The Spirit. all you have to do is love what He loves(Holiness) and hate what HE hates(sin). keep desiring for spiritual revelation from God and in time you will over hear sef.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 04, 2013
Baritone: I believe you're matured enough to understand the term Grow in The Spirit. all you have to do is love what He loves(Holiness) and hate what HE hates(sin). keep desiring for spiritual revelation from God and in time you will over hear sef.

Have you overheard? describe the experience
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 04, 2013
You need to pray more, read your bible and perhaps try fasting. Hope it all works out for u.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 04, 2013
Volumptuos_bebe: You need to pray more, read your bible and perhaps try fasting. Hope it all works out for u.

Thanks babe. Just trying...

I'm tired of the same ol' norm. I'm just at the point where I want it real or not at all. I'm sure HE feels that way too...
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by KnowAll(m): 12:09am On May 05, 2013
When you pray, fast and read d bible, d holy spirit's connection with you will come as a series of suggestion which u might think it was your own suggestion but alas it is d holy spirit. The holy spirit tend to raise d bar each time you overcome a hurdle. That is what is called strecthing your faith. I was fasting and praying and also reading d bible when d holy spirit put in my mind why don't you try dry fasting. Normally I do wet fasting 6 am to 6 pm, but on this occassion d holy spirit put in my mind to try dry fasting that is no food and no water or fluid. I thought to myself can I really do that? but to my own surprise, i have not only did it, it is now a norm in my daily life. The holy spirit put it in mind that any good christain should a matter of routine practise spiritual exercise just like a sports man goes to d gym to exercise any chridtain worthy of that name should engage in spiritual exercise. For now my fasting days are every mondays and thursday dry and one wet during d week but not compulsory. You should learn to throw your faith from time to time, like quoting what jesus said in d new testament when praying.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 12:57am On May 05, 2013
KnowAll: When you pray, fast and read d bible, d holy spirit's connection with you will come as a series of suggestion which u might think it was your own suggestion but alas it is d holy spirit. The holy spirit tend to raise d bar each time you overcome a hurdle. That is what is called strecthing your faith. I was fasting and praying and also reading d bible when d holy spirit put in my mind why don't you try dry fasting. Normally I do wet fasting 6 am to 6 pm, but on this occassion d holy spirit put in my mind to try dry fasting that is no food and no water or fluid. I thought to myself can I really do that? but to my own surprise, i have not only did it, it is now a norm in my daily life. The holy spirit put it in mind that any good christain should a matter of routine practise spiritual exercise just like a sports man goes to d gym to exercise any chridtain worthy of that name should engage in spiritual exercise. For now my fasting days are every mondays and thursday dry and one wet during d week but not compulsory. You should learn to throw your faith from time to time, like quoting what jesus said in d new testament when praying.

Thanks. Good stuff. Hoping to hear more experiences.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Baritone(m): 1:02am On May 05, 2013
2buff:

Have you overheard? describe the experience
The experience is better felt than described. Just as Friends will discuss,He's always There.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by LordReed(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2013
Some of the responses here will seem cliche to you bro until you begin to see the effects. In other words practice makes prefect. I remember when I was learning to hear too, it all seemed so frustrating but now it seems so effortless. You just have to do it bro; fast, prayer, praise, worship and study all in your secret place. The best time to hear is when you have quietened your spirit after freeing your self in all the aforementioned activities.

It is hard to describe internal processes because the "taste", "smell" and "textures" can't be transcribed to physical analogs. Words like still small voice don't really cut it, they just point you in the right direction but don't really make you know what to expect. So stop fretting, you only fill your spirit with confusion. Believe that He wants to communicate and approach all the aforementioned activities with that at the back of your mind i.e. that you are about having a conversation. These are not simply "spiritual exercises", you are about to have a conversation albeit one without the familiar physical tools.

1 Like

Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by labaks(f): 4:44pm On May 07, 2013
Volumptuos_bebe: You need to pray more, read your bible and perhaps try fasting. Hope it all works out for u.

I agree with u on this.
@Op, even if one prays from morn till night, if you don't live a holy life, u can't hear nothing. when u pray too, try not to put ur mind elsewhr but focus on your prayer. Pray quietly in a quiet place. U don't need to shout when talking to God. The more quietly u speak to God, the more u hear Him speak.
I never used to believe God speaks until one day in church when we were asked to pray quietly(2 months after i became born again). Do u know I prayed that God shld do something for me, and I swear I heard a voice (what I should do). I didn't know what happened, I opened my eyes, looked around, didn't see anybody, I closed my eyes again and I still swear to you that immediately I closed my eyes again, I heard the same instruction again. I was scared and just sat down and closed my eyes.

God indeed speaks! All u need do study the bible daily, pray regularly and live a holy life.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Baritone(m): 12:45pm On May 09, 2013
labaks:

I agree with u on this.
@Op, even if one prays from morn till night, if you don't live a holy life, u can't hear nothing. when u pray too, try not to put ur mind elsewhr but focus on your prayer. Pray quietly in a quiet place. U don't need to shout when talking to God. The more quietly u speak to God, the more u hear Him speak.
I never used to believe God speaks until one day in church when we were asked to pray quietly(2 months after i became born again). Do u know I prayed that God shld do something for me, and I swear I heard a voice (what I should do). I didn't know what happened, I opened my eyes, looked around, didn't see anybody, I closed my eyes again and I still swear to you that immediately I closed my eyes again, I heard the same instruction again. I was scared and just sat down and closed my eyes.

God indeed speaks! All u need do study the bible daily, pray regularly and live a holy life.
I got few questions for u on this basis.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by kambo(m): 1:33pm On May 09, 2013
labaks:

I agree with u on this.

d samuel experience. "what shud i do?" . I laffed. Was d voice booming?
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 09, 2013
Atheists will be banned= the truth will never be welcomed sad
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by labaks(f): 3:54pm On May 09, 2013
Baritone: I got few questions for u on this basis.
No probs!
kambo:
d samuel experience. "what shud i do?" . I laffed. Was d voice booming?
I don't exchange words wit atheists, except Of course if u'r ready 2 accept God.. Keep ur questions 2 urself
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 09, 2013
labaks:
No probs!

I don't exchange words wit atheists, except Of course if u'r ready 2 accept God.. Keep ur questions 2 urself

If atheists chose to believe in your sky god lol.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by kambo(m): 5:08pm On May 09, 2013
@labaks me atheists ? Far frm it. Now answer d Q. I'm alwayz interestd wen sb says he heard from God...
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by labaks(f): 3:48pm On May 10, 2013
ifeness:

If atheists chose to believe in your sky god lol.

The greatest part of it is that despite ur unbelief, God still loves u. cry

kambo: @labaks me atheists ? Far frm it. Now answer d Q. I'm alwayz interestd wen sb says he heard from God...
What's ur ques? And don't think I'll tell u wat I heard. Bring on ur ques cool
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by kambo(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2013
@labaks
i've som leadg but i dnt thnk a dinstinct voice. Its the nature..of d voice. Cud u percieve d chrctr of d personalty bhnd it. Was it snappy, patient , was it somtin u needd 2 pay attntion 2 catch was it confusable with a thought? Just generally curious. I ask evry body i know who hears questions.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Nobody: 12:58am On May 12, 2013
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to make sure." George Carlin
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Baritone(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2013
@labaks, Pardon my lateness on asking.. I really want to know if That voice was As though Someone talked to you, or It was in the form of a suggestion(The type that comes from the heart during decision making).
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by labaks(f): 6:42pm On May 18, 2013
kambo: @labaks
i've som leadg but i dnt thnk a dinstinct voice. Its the nature..of d voice. Cud u percieve d chrctr of d personalty bhnd it. Was it snappy, patient , was it somtin u needd 2 pay attntion 2 catch was it confusable with a thought? Just generally curious. I ask evry body i know who hears questions.
Baritone: @labaks, Pardon my lateness on asking.. I really want to know if That voice was As though Someone talked to you, or It was in the form of a suggestion(The type that comes from the heart during decision making).
If it was sumtin from the heart, I would still doubt God speaks. It was a clear quiet voice like someone talked 2 me..
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by Baritone(m): 7:59pm On May 18, 2013
labaks:

If it was sumtin from the heart, I would still doubt God speaks. It was a clear quiet voice like someone talked 2 me..
SOme say its a form of suggestion that calms all fears, Others say, its a voice thats difficult to resist or disobey. Did it fall between any of these?
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by bizmahn: 2:21pm On May 19, 2013
The holy spirit is very sensitive to unrighteousness & He withdraws if He has warned you & yet you continue.Check for whatever there may be in your life that's keeping the Holy Spirit away.He's your spiritual access to hearing from God.
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by labaks(f): 6:38pm On May 19, 2013
Baritone: SOme say its a form of suggestion that calms all fears, Others say, its a voice thats difficult to resist or disobey. Did it fall between any of these?
It's a quiet voice darling. That is y u need 2 pray quietly as well as listen.
bizmahn: The holy spirit is very sensitive to unrighteousness & He withdraws if He has warned you & yet you continue.Check for whatever there may be in your life that's keeping the Holy Spirit away.He's your spiritual access to hearing from God.
I concur! God bless u
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by esere826: 11:10pm On May 19, 2013
2buff: Ever sometimes feel your voicemail from heaven is full? Like you know you need to know something but you don't know how to GET to the message? How do you HEAR the Holy Spirit?

That feeling uhn
Well for me,... i am weak in fasting (whether wet or dry) and normal type of prayers
so when I feel that restless stiring hit me, .. i kick around for a while
and then listen to many sermons
the message finally drops in tucked in one of them, and it eases the restlessness
Re: Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? by 2BdBest: 12:52am On May 20, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen The Finest Deeper Life Banner Ever?(picture) / Prayer Need / Valentine Is Haram For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.