Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? (27702 Views)

Korean Films Vs Hollywood/American Films, Which Do You Like More / Nollywood vs Hollywood? Please Spare Me! / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:35am On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
It also seems that though you're using Hollywood standard to judge bollywood movies.
Yes, it is logical to use the best as standards for others because you haven't seen any better yet. It is very glaring that Hollywood is the bench mark for all movie industries around the world. The only movie industry not trying to take Hollywoods place at the top is Hollywood themselves. I mean, this is so obvious. Your argument is just purely based on personal sentiments. Your question should have been - which do you prefare?- and not -who is better?-

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2013
caukerzee: The numbers don't lie. Hollywood Movies dominate 95% of the list of Top selling films of all time. Creativity and quality all what hollywood is about. Not to mention the best film producers of all time are from Hollywood.
We're talking of quality here and not commercial success. Bollywood or any other movie industry will never dominate the Oscars cos it's an award created by Americans for American movies.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by DarryOsh(m): 11:39am On May 24, 2013
Bolly is fast losing my repect. Indian movies are dying, what they av now are bastardized versions of american movies.
Their songs r now hip hop, they dress like americans, their stories are too americanized, everthing! What happened to those compelling indian dramas filled with rich indian culture that made me as a child to vow that i must visit india before i die! They r losing themselves and its sad.

This is wat now happens on the global movie scene:
holly makes a movie and bolly copies it and adds dancing and singing. Nolly copies bolly's version and dont even change the title(but tyler becomes tayo and marion becomes amara). Golly copies nolly's version and makes it sexually explicit! Nonsense!

Since all can b traced no holly, then holly is the best. They copy no one!
There r stil few authentically indian movies i repect though. I loved bolly when they had their identity and stood for what they are. I recently saw a bolly movie, they spoke english all thru, english title, no dance, no indian culture, no indian dressing......a failed attemp to copy americans...it was a disaster.
People should realise thay u cnt copy someone and b better than them.
At the end of the day, it seems everyone sees things through american eyes and telling american stories. Whatever happened to cultural identity and diversity

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Sweetlemon(f): 11:46am On May 24, 2013
Which kain comparison be this?
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Originalsly: 11:50am On May 24, 2013
Hollywood is and always would be better. Tbey lead and others follow.Abeg....Slumdog Millionaire is not a Bollywood movie.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
We're talking of quality here and not commercial success. Bollywood or any other movie industry will never dominate the Oscars cos it's an award created by Americans for American movies.
If Bollywood movies were as good, they would surely attract a larger audience, they would also sell more, theres no magic in it. Yes, even though the oscars were created for american movies(which is not entirely true anyway), why is it then called the biggest movie award by the rest of the world? Lets use the grammys as an example. We all know its an American award, yet we hear Nigerian artistes crying in their songs on how the wanna win the grammys. Why is it so? Simple, because their industry is the best.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by onomelenshi(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2013
sholay2011:

In terms of creativity and suspense, 'The Dark Knight' beats 'Three idiots' for me. Most people appreciate 'Three idiots' 'cos it is very relatable and has a plot that hasn't been exploited. I like the movie, but 'The Dark Knight' is on a higher cadre, even 'Inglorious basterds' sef beat am (in terms of creativity though, not suspense.

But to each his own sha.

who be dis mumu??...3 idiots and dark knight are no mates in any way,even old people love 3 idiots
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2013
Bollywood are Hollywood wannabes-#FACT. One cannot be a wannabe of someone less than themselves

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by nathdim: 12:08pm On May 24, 2013
which bollywood movie can match lord of rings
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 24, 2013
I have never seen much adult watching Bollywood Movies ......... In my HOME........na my sis and cousin broz less than fifteen years old dey watch bollywood also Hollywood like Merlin and Legend of the Seeker !!!

I swear,I would consider it an INSULT if U should use BOLLYWOOD OR KOREAN MOVIES AS A GIFT for me !!!

Korean Movies now wanna rule our market .....Boring films !!!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 24, 2013
gendebs: I love Bollywood films with passion. In my school dayz i missed a test because of a particular indian film. I ve left church on several count because of Superscreen 11am sunday Bollywood. I dare anybody to tell me just one Hollywood movie that beats "3 idiots" in term of creativity and suspence
u neva start to dey watch film o.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by moscobabs(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2013
my own na to watch film and learn from it I dont want to knw if one is better than other.sikena
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 24, 2013
Mutaino7:
He should tell us any sci-fi dat can beat James cameron avatar in terms of picture quality, technology and off chain imagination. Can he compare RA one to avengers or Don to italian job or fast and furious.
Don't Mind Afam4Ever,

I swear ...... HollyWood will still beat BollyWood in Indian movie productions !!!

Let HollyWood produces a Movie specifically storylined on Indian History even without using any Indian actor/actress nor Actor/Actress of Indian Descent ........JUST AMERICANS on INDIAN CUSTUMES !!!

Let Bollywood produces same Movie ..... grin !!! Abeg compare BollyWood with GhollyNollyWood where actor/Actress receives what to say from the Director who is standing behind the cameraman before uttering the next statement grin ....... Unprofessional bunch!!!

There is no 100percent accuracy level in HollyWood Movies but when u say a ''MOVIE is Close to Perfection'' ...........HOLLYWOOD IS PERFECT !!!

HollyWood Actor/Actress produces and interprete roles as if their whole life depend on it ..... AND

Truly,their whole life depended on it !!!

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by nenergy(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2013
Bollywood na copy-cat, "Imitating Hollywood" is their motto.lol
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Kissalive2012(m): 12:50pm On May 24, 2013
heloo my fellow nigerians, I bring to u a
great means of succes in life,wich is
admission into higher institution wich is
a general problem in our present
nigeria.. If u took part in d just
concluded Jamb and U scored 180 or above den contact me for admission
into 100 level and if u didnt score up to
dat we can still help u... 07064631271....
Worldofourown15@gmail.com... Stay
blessed
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by AyeeIdris(f): 12:53pm On May 24, 2013
As one of the biggest up to date fans of Bollywood, I consider myself somewhat of an authority. While I love the movies to death, bollywood rips off from everything. Its so sad to see that there is nothing original. Google any huge movie and it was "inspired" by something. Hitch- Salman Khan's partner. Wedding planner- Kahin pyar na ho jaaye. E.T- Koi mil gaye. Reservior dogs- kaante, unfaithful- Murder. I can list over 50. That's how bad they are Even the almighty over rated three idiots is a remake of a tamil movie. Their songs(some of us) are stolen from the middle east, that was d worst for me cos I do love the songs. Finally, they have been sued over d movie "my cousin vinny", hopefully, this would deter them from it. HollywOod has more original ideas even though sequels seem to be d in thing now and Trust bollywood, not to be far behind. Every successful movie has a sequel or even is a trilogy now. After the initial 3 hours, its ridiculous. Dhoom, housefull, race, munna bhai, shootout in lokondwala, once upon a time in mumbai, dabbang. Still love Bollywood more, but its on a personal love not because I think they are the better industry. Glossier with exotic locations and over d top stunTs, no doubt but lacking in originality

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by AyeeIdris(f): 12:53pm On May 24, 2013
As one of the biggest up to date fans of Bollywood, I consider myself somewhat of an authority. While I love the movies to death, bollywood rips off from everything. Its so sad to see that there is nothing original. Google any huge movie and it was "inspired" by something. Hitch- Salman Khan's partner. Wedding planner- Kahin pyar na ho jaaye. E.T- Koi mil gaye. Reservior dogs- kaante, unfaithful- Murder. I can list over 50. That's how bad they are Even the almighty over rated three idiots is a remake of a tamil movie. Their songs(some of us) are stolen from the middle east, that was d worst for me cos I do love the songs. Finally, they have been sued over d movie "my cousin vinny", hopefully, this would deter them from it. HollywOod has more original ideas even though sequels seem to be d in thing now and Trust bollywood, not to be far behind. Every successful movie has a sequel or even is a trilogy now. After the initial 3 hours, its ridiculous. Dhoom, housefull, race, munna bhai, shootout in lokondwala, once upon a time in mumbai, dabbang. Still love Bollywood more, but its on a personal love not because I think they are the better industry. Glossier with exotic locations and over d top stunTs, no doubt but lacking in originality
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 24, 2013
donroxy: When U are talking about quality .......... HOLLYWOOD is incomparable in the whole World !!!

Though,Mother India still one of my best movie ever!! Birjouu and Ramoo and their ''maaa'' (mama) !!!

Not all Hollywood movie is ''Quality'' but when Hollywood produces Quality Movie such MOVIE can never be compared with any Movie in other industries across the Globe!!!

I only prefers 3 Genre of
Hollywood Movies ; ''Intelligence Movie''
(Secret service; FBI,CIA,Homeland) also ''Presidency Movie'' (the politics,betrayal,intrigues,loyalty et all) and ''MILITARY MOVIES'' (The Commands,Parade,Respect,Politics,above all the '' MISSIONs).......this is what makes me to develop Highly Emotional Feelings for The Nigerian Army ......This Movies .......always got me Glued !!! 24/PrisonBreak was my anti-GP during my UnderGraduate Days

I can pay any price for any HollyWood Movie with best production(including the viewing time which must be as long as 24/prisonbreak/Homeland) and good storyline of the above 3 Genre !!!!
abeg include "strike back",expecially d season 3.I luv dat homeland die...Am yet 2 watch any bollywood movie that beats THE TRAVELER in suspence n wat eva...If i dnt av anytin to do,i wuld beta watch hollywood teen tv series like the secret circle,the lying game dan watch dose rubbish bollywood movies that when sumtin interestin is about to happen they wil start dancing shekpe.

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by nenergy(m): 1:08pm On May 24, 2013
Ayee Idris: As one of the biggest up to date fans of Bollywood, I consider myself somewhat of an authority. While I love the movies to death, bollywood rips off from everything. Its so sad to see that there is nothing original. Google any huge movie and it was "inspired" by something. Hitch- Salman Khan's partner. Wedding planner- Kahin pyar na ho jaaye. E.T- Koi mil gaye. Reservior dogs- kaante, unfaithful- Murder. I can list over 50. That's how bad they are Even the almighty over rated three idiots is a remake of a tamil movie. Their songs(some of us) are stolen from the middle east, that was d worst for me cos I do love the songs. Finally, they have been sued over d movie "my cousin vinny", hopefully, this would deter them from it. HollywOod has more original ideas even though sequels seem to be d in thing now and Trust bollywood, not to be far behind. Every successful movie has a sequel or even is a trilogy now. After the initial 3 hours, its ridiculous. Dhoom, housefull, race, munna bhai, shootout in lokondwala, once upon a time in mumbai, dabbang. Still love Bollywood more, but its on a personal love not because I think they are the better industry. Glossier with exotic locations and over d top stunTs, no doubt but lacking in originality
Imitation is their main challenge. Another is duration-too long! I'm yet to find a 120minute bollywood movie.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Reachyrich(f): 1:17pm On May 24, 2013
Bollywood
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2013
nenergy:
Imitation is their main challenge. Another is duration-too long! I'm yet to find a 120minute bollywood movie.
Why must a movie be 120 minutes? Is written in the bible that a movie must be 120 minutes? That's what i've been talking about. You guys keep using Hollywood standard to judge other movie industries.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Abbey2sam(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2013
ohaleoghene: Bros afam , why are u comparing tutus fish to kote ? When it comes to technology and good films , nice story line tha will keep you glued to the TV is Hollywood .They v gone so far that bollywood is only trying to catch up . Though they are trying now , have saw my name is khan , 3 idiots slumdog millionaire, all bollywood movies , I couldn't help but say they are trying too . But pls Hollywood is far far ahead . Pls can someone tell me why Nigeria is ranked the third in the word ? I have been wondering , for we all know that Mexican films beat us hand down .so why was Nigeria ranked over it ?

all this films you mentioned are connected to hollywood, though the story might be bollywood but america will do the casting and production

this is a dumb comparison
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Felixadded(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva: It seems popular wisdom have the opinion that Hoolywood(American movies) are of better quality than Bollywood (Indian movies) but i beg to differ. The Indian movies of old eg Sunita, Mard, Mother India etc had great story lines and were deep but they all lacked one thing and that it the technicality that Hollywood possesses.

But Indian movies of today are different. The story lines are still great and the tehcnicality has improved. Bollywood movies are even more flashy than Hollywood movies and their storylines are off the chain. Even their action movies are top notch. Watch movies like DON, DHOOM etc and you'll see what i'm talking about.

So, for those that have watched both movies from both film industries, which do you think makes better quality movies?
Ignore the fact that most Bollywood movies are in Hindi and not English

In term of BETTER QUALITY, I'll give it to Hollywood. In twist, I think ur question should be, which makes better movies btwn Bollywood and Chinkowood( Chinese, Japanese n Korean) film?
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Felixadded(m): 1:58pm On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva: It seems popular wisdom have the opinion that Hoolywood(American movies) are of better quality than Bollywood (Indian movies) but i beg to differ. The Indian movies of old eg Sunita, Mard, Mother India etc had great story lines and were deep but they all lacked one thing and that it the technicality that Hollywood possesses.

But Indian movies of today are different. The story lines are still great and the tehcnicality has improved. Bollywood movies are even more flashy than Hollywood movies and their storylines are off the chain. Even their action movies are top notch. Watch movies like DON, DHOOM etc and you'll see what i'm talking about.

So, for those that have watched both movies from both film industries, which do you think makes better quality movies?
Ignore the fact that most Bollywood movies are in Hindi and not English

In term of BETTER QUALITY, I'll give it to Hollywood. In twist, I think ur question should be, which makes better movies btwn Bollywood and Chinkowood( Chinese, Japanese n Korean) film?
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by awistle(m): 1:59pm On May 24, 2013
The OP said which is better, its definitely Hollywood, not the one u prefer, this one ppl are mentioning Bollywood.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Goldenheart(m): 2:08pm On May 24, 2013
GEEZ those indians are damn good in making movies... buh i still prefer my hollywood. *Starts playing iron man 3*
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by manny4life(m): 2:21pm On May 24, 2013
Hollywood is still better. Their action is just superb, there's a good difference between a $100million action/spy and intelligence Hollywood movie vs comparable amount to Bollywood.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by naUgotire: 2:24pm On May 24, 2013
Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better?

Death Vs Sleep- Which one is better? Op, please answer me.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 24, 2013
Is this some sort of trick question? undecided undecided

Of course, Hollywood is better. Nothing irks me more about Bollywood than the incessant and interrupting street singing and dancing, even when it has nothing to do with the plot.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 24, 2013
Hollywood is better than bollywood,but the gap has decreased to a large extent because of some good directors and good storywriters and scriptwriters.Also Hollywood has more money than Bollywood,its market is very big,they have better technicians.....
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by donsax: 2:36pm On May 24, 2013
How could you compare holly with bolly? No any other wood in the world is up to holly not to talk about better than holly.....holly is 100% and the 2nd is 45%. No any wood can spend the huge budget holly spend on a movie!!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 24, 2013
Emmadani: abeg include "strike back",expecially d season 3.I luv dat homeland die...Am yet 2 watch any bollywood movie that beats THE TRAVELER in suspence n wat eva...If i dnt av anytin to do,i wuld beta watch hollywood teen tv series like the secret circle,the lying game dan watch dose rubbish bollywood movies that when sumtin interestin is about to happen they wil start dancing shekpe.
Yeah bro, Strike back is a bomb!!!

My brother how many we go mention self !!!

U can only compare HollyWood with HollyWood Not anotherWood !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Lilo, Eric, Praise And Ka3na Nominated For Eviction / Tboss' Family And Fans Celebrate Her Birthday With Very Cute Videos / Seyi Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.