Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,989 members, 7,803,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme - Jobs/Vacancies (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme (943918 Views)

Urgent Opening For GIS SURE P Graduate Internship / !!!!!!!!!federal Government Sure-p (graduate Internship Scheme) !!!!! / FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Psittacus(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
aiikay:

And the best way to get what you deserve is trying to do all that's required of you. That's why I insist you find out the cause of your problem. Because there's no way some persons will be left out intentionally. Otherwise they won't keep matching interns day by day.
why are you bin so defensive? We are not starting a revolution, it just an awareness for God sake. And it won't affect your stipend. I personally have done all dats required of me can't speak for others. And i totally love d scheme too cos through it i hav a job even after d internship. I just deserve to get paid just like you...is there anything wrong with dat?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by aiikay(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
Psittacus:
why are you bin so defensive? We are not starting a revolution, it just an awareness for God sake. And it won't affect your stipend. I personally have done all dats required of me can't speak for others. And i totally love d scheme too cos through it i hav a job even after d internship. I just deserve to get paid just like you...is there anything wrong with dat?
And because of your continued inability to understand my point, I cease to comment on your proposition after this. Go ahead with your "awareness" and we the nairalanders will pay you!
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by akanmunimi: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
who is this man making unnecessary contribution. if u can not join us then watch us. my employer is an IT expert and so is my humble shelf. we did all sure p requires from us and we have been submiting the timesheet succesfully yet no pay since December. That u got pay does not mean that didnt get paid are nonentity. To other interns in the struggle please let us carry on.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Psittacus(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
aiikay:

And because of your continued inability to understand my point, I cease to comment on your proposition after this. Go ahead with your "awareness" and we the nairalanders will pay you!
#SUREPGISPAYYOURINTERNS..
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by cut007: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
puntersmind:
Apparently, some persons have insisted in sending more than 1 matching request per intern. The guy that sent me matching request for 6 persons, please reply my email as soon as you can because I hope to compile the matching list within the week. Another prominent requester sent me 10 names to match, it simply doesn't work that way. Moreover, I was directed by that prominent requester to increase their hire limit and rectify lots of stuffs on their portal. Hmmm, please call SURE-P for such issues. To those persons that check in on me daily for the matching, please be patient. You will notified by SURE-P via email once you're matched.
Replied your mail. Pls acknowledge receipt.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by morewealth(m): 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
aiikay:

I simply advise you and anybody in your shoe to "carefully study" your SUREP account as well as your employer's registration and compliance very well in order to unravel what has been causing the delay in your stipend. That's what you guys need rather than unnecessary noise and a share display of your inability to follow the necessary procedure. For surely the fault is not from SUREP, and cannot be intentional if all from them.
I started this January and I got my pay simply because I made judicious use of all the info I tap from this thread. Same with many people. The portal is very friendly and yet many employer/interns still find it difficult!
Bless you as I hope you will understand my kind suggestions!
My brother, do not give the credit of yout getting paid to your ability of doing the needful. Give it to the favour and grace of God I tell you solemly, that these fellow interns who are agitating for their pay have done the needful and yet not paid. Even some that submitted the outstanding stipend claim form didn't get paid. Sometimes you begin to wonder where the problem is coming from when after you lay your complain to the customer care agents and they check your account to tell you all is in order and yet a dime you won't see. Like some of us here are already saying, I think SURE-P should step up and resolve these stipend issues so that this scheme doesn't loose its credibility. E nor easy for person to dey go work and for three months no pay na! U sef check am.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by aiikay(m): 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
morewealth:

My brother, do not give the credit of yout getting paid to your ability of doing the needful. Give it to the favour and grace of God I tell you solemly, that these fellow interns who are agitating for their pay have done the needful and yet not paid. Even some that submitted the outstanding stipend claim form didn't get paid. Sometimes you begin to wonder where the problem is coming from when after you lay your complain to the customer care agents and they check your account to tell you all is in order and yet a dime you won't see. Like some of us here are already saying, I think SURE-P should step up and resolve these stipend issues so that this scheme doesn't loose its credibility. E nor easy for person to dey go work and for three months no pay na! U sef check am.
Thanks brother!
The issue of God's grace is indisputable; even Satan himself knows there's need for God's grace in everything.
Also I wish to clearly state that I did not and will not make jest of those who are not being paid!
Having cleared that, I still maintain all that I have earlier pointed out.
I have done some study on this: some persons' employers entered an invalid account number for them in the very beginning, and they may not notice it since it's only the last 4 digits that displays; some have not had their time sheet correctly displayed in their profile like others; some still have pending hired in their status - which was even my case until the week for signing time sheet, and luckily we did both Accepting and Marking same day; to some their employer has pending issues with SUREP; etc. All these are the major causes of the problems encountered! Free from all these and the problem persist, then we need to collectively pray for them!

1 Like

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by morewealth(m): 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
aiikay:

Thanks brother!
The issue of God's grace is indisputable; even Satan himself knows there's need for God's grace in everything.
Also I wish to clearly state that I did not and will not make jest of those who are not being paid!
I have done some study on this: some persons' employers entered an invalid account number for them in the very beginning, and they may not notice it since it's only the last 4 digits that displays; some have not had their time sheet correctly displayed in their profile like others; some still have pending hired in their status - which was even my case until the week for signing time sheet, and luckily we did both Accepting and Marking same day; to some their employer has pending issues with SUREP; etc. All these are the major causes of the problems encountered! Free from all these and the problem persist, then we need to collectively pray for them!
Ok bros.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by afynwa(f): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
Is SURE-P registration still on? pls I wish to register

1 Like

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by yeson: 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
stipend wahala! it has been earlier cleared that those that filled d outstanding stipend form that was not paid Jan n d rest it will b paid together in match. y all this wahala?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by puntersmind: 12:09am On Feb 26, 2015
The issue of "why some interns do not get their stipend when it's due" is neither here nor there. It's a combination of mistakes from Employers, SURE-P GIS Staffs, Interns and the 'Process'. I am aware of verified cases where an Employer and respective intern completed the required procedures accurately and as stipulated, yet stipend did not arrive when due. Sincerely, there are lots of human error in the whole process. It's really hard to tell where the problem is coming from in generality, except when it's treated in individual basis. I do not know if the idea of awareness/campaign is a good or bad one. It may solve the immediate problem and the interns concerned may all receive their outstanding payment. However, an awareness will not stop the issue. may rather add pressure on the government as they are already struggling to continue the scheme. I will support whatever you lot decide to do. It should also be noted that the large share of the blame in this whole stipend saga should be placed firmly on the laps of those SURE-P GIS personnel. They make most of the mistakes that result in delay in the stipend payment, also, they can be very unprofessional with details. It's easier for interns in FCT, as they could go to the SURE-P GIS office to complain and get their issues resolved. Good luck to you guys on your campaign if you decide to go ahead. SURE-P GIS is on twitter, you may as well start from there.

NB: Those that still have some level of patience left in them, there is a strong possibility you will be paid your outstanding stipend next month.

1 Like

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by cut007: 12:28am On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:
The issue of "why some interns do not get their stipend when it's due" is neither here nor there. It's a combination of mistakes from Employers, SURE-P GIS Staffs, Interns and the 'Process'. I am aware of verified cases where an Employer and respective intern completed the required procedures accurately and as stipulated, yet stipend did not arrive when due. Sincerely, there are lots of human error in the whole process. It's really hard to tell where the problem is coming from in generality, except when it's treated in individual basis. I do not know if the idea of awareness/campaign is a good or bad one. It may solve the immediate problem and the interns concerned may all receive their outstanding payment. However, an awareness will not stop the issue. may rather add pressure on the government as they are already struggling to continue the scheme. I will support whatever you lot decide to do. It should also be noted that the large share of the blame in this whole stipend saga should be placed firmly on the laps of those SURE-P GIS personnel. They make most of the mistakes that result in delay in the stipend payment, also, they can be very unprofessional with details. It's easier for interns in FCT, as they could go to the SURE-P GIS office to complain and get their issues resolved. Good luck to you guys on your campaign if you decide to go ahead. SURE-P GIS is on twitter, you may as well start from there.

NB: Those that still have some level of patience left in them, there is a strong possibility you will be paid your outstanding stipend next month.
Sent you a mail today. Pls acknowledge receipt, thanks.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by N72SM: 12:35am On Feb 26, 2015
Hello,Mr punters,i have sent my details to you for the matching and my employers details yesterday to your email for consideration,since is one matching oppurtunity per person.thanks for your selfless services. martinsikechukwu32@gmail.com
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by slimiejazz(m): 12:46am On Feb 26, 2015
@Puntermind wen next is the internship fair/ training coming up in lagos state
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by takenadoh: 6:23am On Feb 26, 2015
aiikay:

Thanks brother!

It would interest You to know that so many people have done the needful, and still they've not received anything. In my case I've called, e-mailed, facebooked etc., I've not been paid since November.
I've even sent text messages, although my November PIUF shows completed nothing has changed since then. So there is a need to create some "awareness "
Thank You.

#SUREPGISPAYYOURINTERNS

1 Like

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by LadunaI(m): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:

Thanks a lot for your wise counsel. I think we should get coordinated and channel this with lots of decorum please.

Sure p maintained two twiter handles
@SUREprogramme
@SUREPGIS
the first seems to be very active, may be we start from there by letting them know the plight of various interns that are yet to be paid. Please let our presentation be mature so that it will not be seeing as a smear campaign, as we all know we're in the middle of election. This can be equally follow up on their Facebook page. If we all agree we can agree to start posting tomorrow on their twitter handle and facebook page to raise the awareness before the next payment date.

@Psittacus the idea of preemptive press release should b delayed till after the March payment in my opinion. Good luck all!
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Edokpia: 8:00am On Feb 26, 2015
yeson:
stipend wahala! it has been earlier cleared that those that filled d outstanding stipend form that was not paid Jan n d rest it will b paid together in match. y all this wahala?
. Who cleared you,was it not an opinion just abide by this slogan SUREPpayyourinterns.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by hamgbol(m): 9:01am On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:
Notice: All those who have been bombarding my email for fresh match/Rematch, now is the time to send me your info. It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to pay attention to this forum, so I am gonna help match prospective interns for the LAST time. I will also Rematch the rest, as long as they provide company information for the rematch. SURE-P GIS has put a temporal stop on Matching/Rematching until fund is approved for it by the National Assembly. They can only continue paying interns that are already engaged in the scheme. I would however, conduct final Match/Rematch for interns in here. Instructions: 1. For a fresh matching, provide the company information for such matching (Company approvals is suspended for now). 2. For Rematch, provide the information of the company you were manually matched with at an internship fair venue. 3. Company information should be provided in this format: (i) Name of Company (ii) Address of Company (iii) Name, Phone Number and Position of a contact person in the company. 4. Approved hire limit of such company 5. Number of interns currently engaged with the company. Company information with interns data should be sent to my email address directly. If you have not had any email correspondence with me yet, then drop your email address and I will contact you. I will give you all a 5-day window to send me the required information.
For outstanding payments issue, ensure that your employer had filled and submitted the Outstanding payment sheet and followed the necessary steps of re-marking the time-sheets. If your employer has not done this yet, beseech him/her to do so, (Even though the 9th of February deadline has long passed) it would still be treated against February stipend payment. Stipends for January has been released today, so make sure your message settings grin is alright. Alert things.

Cheers Everyone.

Kindly send me ur mail via hamgbol@yahoo.com

Thanks so much.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by puntersmind: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2015
Done with collection of matching data.
hamgbol:

Kindly send me ur mail via hamgbol@yahoo.com

Thanks so much.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by puntersmind: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2015
No one knows for now.
slimiejazz:
@Puntermind wen next is the internship fair/ training coming up in lagos state
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by cashreport: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:

not happy with you cry cry

made so much efforts to reach u

but u disappointed

sad angry angry
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2015
Oga Puntersmind, please how far with our trainin allowance?? Shud we 4get about it or wat? Since December fa.. And thet lied to us at d trainin dat its table payment
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by puntersmind: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2015
I saw this online and after reading it, I feel it could be a source of encouragement to some interns here. At least, you could draw up determination from it to learn as much as you can from this scheme.

There is a sense of purpose that comes when one contributes to the success and growth of another individual and Elijah Omijie, a 29-year old IT engineer feels responsible for the innervation of interns who have passed through him.

As Project Manager of the Graduate Internship Scheme at his former employers, Web Data Technologies, he ensured that quite a number of graduate trainees were adsorbed into the scheme.

Now working with telecoms giant MTN, he recalls with a smile on his face the sense of pride he felt while training young people. Many of them have gone on to be gainfully employed with other organizations based on the experience they acquired under his tutelage.

According to Omigie, “I felt like I was actually influencing someone else’s life positively, and I’m sure if not for anything, those people that worked under me will remain grateful to the present administration for giving them a chance to harness their skills”.”

Launched in October 2012 as a social safety net component of the Federal Government Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, SURE –P, scheme, it was meant to create opportunity for Nigerian graduates to be attached to reputable public/private firms /organizations to be trained and mentored for one year on a monthly Federal Government stipend of N18, 000.

With current employment rates in the range of 23% – 25%, the GIS was perfect to help reduce the growing statistics of jobless youths. Surprisingly, there has not been much praise for the scheme and its efforts, despite the clear progress the scheme has made in addressing the plague of unemployment bedeviling the country. Considering the Nigerian context, the FG needs to be applauded for its initiative.

In Nigeria, it is commonplace for graduates to stay unemployed after an average of four years studying at a tertiary institution and embarking on the one-year mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme. You had to know someone to get something. The stress of finding a job is sometimes overwhelming and for foreigners who listen to others talk about their individual experiences, it leaves a sense of distaste and bile.

It is no surprise then that the beneficiaries of the scheme are grateful too. One of them is Elvis Mordi who described his hunting experience in the job market as a nightmare prior to his attachment under the SURE P programme. Even though he had the right qualifications to get his desired job, none of his applications was successful especially because he had no afterschool experience.

A lawyer by training, he is now a barrister of law at a Lagos-based law firm called Joe Ikeloa and Co, an opportunity made possible by his inclusion in GIS. He got valuable experience in the scheme while working under Omigie’s supervision.

At the start of his internship programme in the legal division of Web Data Technologies, he was paid a stipend of N25,000 monthly (additional N7,000 from the company) and made to give a monthly compulsory report of his progress to the scheme’s management. Before the year ran out, he got a job offer from his present company.

For some like Tolu Ogunbiyi, it never rains but pours. While lazing about on a boring day at work, he applied for the programme through its job portal online. And then the calls started rushing in – from yes, three different companies.

“Though it took a while before I got called, I did not get one, or two, but THREE calls at different intervals offering me jobs, one of which was UBA. I had to do tubu tubu merecine!” he stated.
Over 10,000 graduates like Elvis and Tolu are currently benefiting from the scheme. In time, it seems like the government’s target of 50,000 will be met and due praise should be given to the right quarters – this administration – for the unflinching resolve to make Nigerian lives better.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/391955-goodlucks-sure-p-graduate-internship-scheme-not-enough-praise.html

2 Likes

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by puntersmind: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2015
Lol. How so? What's your email address?
cashreport:

not happy with you cry cry

made so much efforts to reach u

but u disappointed

sad angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by cashreport: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2015
Ok
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by CROWNBOBO: 11:16am On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:

please puntersmind, my stipends starting from november 2014 when i started have not been paid.
below are my details KINDLY ASSIST ME IN GETTING MY STIPENDS FOR NOV/DEC 2014 PAID OLUSEYI ADEKUNLE IPADEOLA Unique Beneficiary Code: GI-OGU-OBA-00009 and my email is seyicrownsimplearithmetic@yahoo.com

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by janengozi(f): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
janengozi14@gmail.com
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Psittacus(m): 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:

thank you for the logical input sir. I sent you mail sir @ Ladunal ..i quite agree with you as well...God's willing we will all hav a good stories to tell about the scheme.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by hotubu: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
@puntersmind, Kindly help out in matching me with my employer as I have been helpless in getting matched to this employer since the lagos job fair. My details are as follow;

Name: Otubu Holy
Unique Beneficiary Code: GI-LAG-OJO-01356
email: hotubu@yahoo.com

Please reply so that I can give my employer's details. Thanks and God bless you
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by jmeter: 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
@puntersmind I beg of u to kindly get me matched in time to my employer as I haven't been able to do this since the lag job fair. My details are:
Name: Jack Ubong
Unique Beneficiary Code: GI-LAG-AJE-00919
Email: jackilleniumus@yahoo.com

please reply so I can make my employer details available in time. Thanks very much.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by hamgbol(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:

Eeyah bro. When is the next matching gonna take place plz?

Will still appreciate if there is an avenue for me to ask some questions on my reg (hamgbol@yahoo.com)

God bless.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by coollife(f): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
@puntersmind: Kindly help to match me with an employer.
My name is Beatrice Okainemen Uduebholo and my beneficiary code no is GI-EDO-IKO-00517. I live in Benin City.
I will most grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (392) (Reply)

Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) / UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.