Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme - Jobs/Vacancies (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme (944300 Views)

Urgent Opening For GIS SURE P Graduate Internship / !!!!!!!!!federal Government Sure-p (graduate Internship Scheme) !!!!! / FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Helenqollinz(f): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
puntersmind:
The issue of "why some interns do not get their stipend when it's due" is neither here nor there. It's a combination of mistakes from Employers, SURE-P GIS Staffs, Interns and the 'Process'. I am aware of verified cases where an Employer and respective intern completed the required procedures accurately and as stipulated, yet stipend did not arrive when due. Sincerely, there are lots of human error in the whole process. It's really hard to tell where the problem is coming from in generality, except when it's treated in individual basis. I do not know if the idea of awareness/campaign is a good or bad one. It may solve the immediate problem and the interns concerned may all receive their outstanding payment. However, an awareness will not stop the issue. may rather add pressure on the government as they are already struggling to continue the scheme. I will support whatever you lot decide to do. It should also be noted that the large share of the blame in this whole stipend saga should be placed firmly on the laps of those SURE-P GIS personnel. They make most of the mistakes that result in delay in the stipend payment, also, they can be very unprofessional with details. It's easier for interns in FCT, as they could go to the SURE-P GIS office to complain and get their issues resolved. Good luck to you guys on your campaign if you decide to go ahead. SURE-P GIS is on twitter, you may as well start from there.

NB: Those that still have some level of patience left in them, there is a strong possibility you will be paid your outstanding stipend next month.
Ok thank you.Let me wait and see how things will unfold next month cuz i almost gave up on the programme.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by cut007: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2015
puntersmind:
Done with collection of matching data.
pls u haven't acknowledged receipt of the recent mail I sent you. Just want to b sure u got it pls!!! But, as always I'm not pushing you, however and whenever you choose to do it is perfectly fine by me. Thanks
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by cut007: 10:23am On Feb 27, 2015
puntersmind:
I saw this online and after reading it, I feel it could be a source of encouragement to some interns here. At least, you could draw up determination from it to learn as much as you can from this scheme.

There is a sense of purpose that comes when one contributes to the success and growth of another individual and Elijah Omijie, a 29-year old IT engineer feels responsible for the innervation of interns who have passed through him.

As Project Manager of the Graduate Internship Scheme at his former employers, Web Data Technologies, he ensured that quite a number of graduate trainees were adsorbed into the scheme.

Now working with telecoms giant MTN, he recalls with a smile on his face the sense of pride he felt while training young people. Many of them have gone on to be gainfully employed with other organizations based on the experience they acquired under his tutelage.

According to Omigie, “I felt like I was actually influencing someone else’s life positively, and I’m sure if not for anything, those people that worked under me will remain grateful to the present administration for giving them a chance to harness their skills”.”

Launched in October 2012 as a social safety net component of the Federal Government Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, SURE –P, scheme, it was meant to create opportunity for Nigerian graduates to be attached to reputable public/private firms /organizations to be trained and mentored for one year on a monthly Federal Government stipend of N18, 000.

With current employment rates in the range of 23% – 25%, the GIS was perfect to help reduce the growing statistics of jobless youths. Surprisingly, there has not been much praise for the scheme and its efforts, despite the clear progress the scheme has made in addressing the plague of unemployment bedeviling the country. Considering the Nigerian context, the FG needs to be applauded for its initiative.

In Nigeria, it is commonplace for graduates to stay unemployed after an average of four years studying at a tertiary institution and embarking on the one-year mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme. You had to know someone to get something. The stress of finding a job is sometimes overwhelming and for foreigners who listen to others talk about their individual experiences, it leaves a sense of distaste and bile.

It is no surprise then that the beneficiaries of the scheme are grateful too. One of them is Elvis Mordi who described his hunting experience in the job market as a nightmare prior to his attachment under the SURE P programme. Even though he had the right qualifications to get his desired job, none of his applications was successful especially because he had no afterschool experience.

A lawyer by training, he is now a barrister of law at a Lagos-based law firm called Joe Ikeloa and Co, an opportunity made possible by his inclusion in GIS. He got valuable experience in the scheme while working under Omigie’s supervision.

At the start of his internship programme in the legal division of Web Data Technologies, he was paid a stipend of N25,000 monthly (additional N7,000 from the company) and made to give a monthly compulsory report of his progress to the scheme’s management. Before the year ran out, he got a job offer from his present company.

For some like Tolu Ogunbiyi, it never rains but pours. While lazing about on a boring day at work, he applied for the programme through its job portal online. And then the calls started rushing in – from yes, three different companies.

“Though it took a while before I got called, I did not get one, or two, but THREE calls at different intervals offering me jobs, one of which was UBA. I had to do tubu tubu merecine!” he stated.
Over 10,000 graduates like Elvis and Tolu are currently benefiting from the scheme. In time, it seems like the government’s target of 50,000 will be met and due praise should be given to the right quarters – this administration – for the unflinching resolve to make Nigerian lives better.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/391955-goodlucks-sure-p-graduate-internship-scheme-not-enough-praise.html
For me, the importance/impact of the GIS is not even an issue/debatable. You would have to be a very very bitter sadist/antagonist to think otherwise! I'm a living witness!

2 Likes

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by takenadoh: 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Psittacus:
did you listen to the interview on radio Nigeria dis morning, the minister maintained the fact that they are not owning anyone. Are you sure some people are not playing pranks beneath them. I think we should do something urgently. if you are interested let us make a forum on social media, we can also release a press statement as group. I know someone a journalist who I'd ready to help. please let come together and claim what is rightly ours. contact me on temitayoajide@yahoo.com, if you are interested in the press release. let bombard the social media first.
Ogbeni I've not seen your bombardment neither have I heard or read anything from your journalist friend.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Psittacus(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
takenadoh:

Ogbeni I've not seen your bombardment neither have I heard or read anything from your journalist friend.
I am doing my bombardment on other social media. My journalist friend also agreed dat we should go steady with the press release. Meanwhile i hav seen your hand writing on nairaland...good job
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Edokpia: 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Psittacus:
I am doing my bombardment on other social media. My journalist friend also agreed dat we should go steady with the press release. Meanwhile i hav seen your hand writing on nairaland...good job
. Good job, carry on, we are in support of this the awareness must get to president jonathan door step.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Psittacus(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
takenadoh:

My journalist friend also said we should go steady with the press release, considering d fact dat a lot of interns hav decided to swallow the patience pill. He does not hav enough to come up with a write up. Maybe dat will change when d nxt stipend is paid. For my bombardment, i do dat mostly on twitter and facebøok. I hav seen your hand written all ova Nairaland. Well done!
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by murphiesworld: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
@puntersmind please oh, need help, what should I do to be part of this scheme, am really interested. this scheme, osayiegbe@yahoo.com
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by murphiesworld: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
@puntersmind I'd rather prefer to be reached via osayiegbe@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by takenadoh: 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Psittacus:
Noted.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by walton1(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2015
three months no pay, and the fourth month just passed. who is keeping our money in a fixed deposit account? especially we interns in Bayelsa State we haven't gotten any stipend since out job fair.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by dolipo1: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2015
puntersmind:
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/fontgood day sir,
please i don't know how you can be of assistance to a friend of mine
ever sine NYSC, he has been roaming about the street doing nothing,
i believe by the POWER GOD has given you, i know u are capable of enrolling him under SURE-P GIS

NAME OGUNLOWO EMMANUEL ADEOLU

UBC GI-LAG-IFA-01811

EMAIL mail2deolu@gmail.com

PNONE 08052209320
Thanks for your usual assistance, you are an heaven sent
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Kingspin(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
@puntermind, i have not receive my complete 3 months stipend from Sure-p since last year. Please i kindly need your assistant.
Name:- ELEKWACHI VIVIAN NGOZÌ- (GI-LAG-AGE 00201)
Employer: - Lorache Consulting, Lagos
Acc No:- 2065120699
Email. Chimaxtop2@gmail.com or 08032323119
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by olasamuel006: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pls help me with sure p address in abuja,thanks
iloveAy:
sorry its coming late,I mailed them on info@gisurep.gov.ng but nothing was done.My employer went to there office in abuja and was told to write a letter and include my account number and other details.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by olasamuel006: 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
Have sent u an email..
takenadoh:

Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by olasamuel006: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Thanks for your prompt assistance on this page may God bless u,pls I will be glad to have the sure p gis offfice address in abuja am there and will like to make my complains known to them on my 4month allowance unpaid.
puntersmind:
The issue of "why some interns do not get their stipend when it's due" is neither here nor there. It's a combination of mistakes from Employers, SURE-P GIS Staffs, Interns and the 'Process'. I am aware of verified cases where an Employer and respective intern completed the required procedures accurately and as stipulated, yet stipend did not arrive when due. Sincerely, there are lots of human error in the whole process. It's really hard to tell where the problem is coming from in generality, except when it's treated in individual basis. I do not know if the idea of awareness/campaign is a good or bad one. It may solve the immediate problem and the interns concerned may all receive their outstanding payment. However, an awareness will not stop the issue. may rather add pressure on the government as they are already struggling to continue the scheme. I will support whatever you lot decide to do. It should also be noted that the large share of the blame in this whole stipend saga should be placed firmly on the laps of those SURE-P GIS personnel. They make most of the mistakes that result in delay in the stipend payment, also, they can be very unprofessional with details. It's easier for interns in FCT, as they could go to the SURE-P GIS office to complain and get their issues resolved. Good luck to you guys on your campaign if you decide to go ahead. SURE-P GIS is on twitter, you may as well start from there.

NB: Those that still have some level of patience left in them, there is a strong possibility you will be paid your outstanding stipend next month.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by ideologies(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
I'll like to suggest that colleagues who have ideas or have sorted out their outstanding payment should assist puntersmind in giving advice to interns that are yet to get their.

The work load on Puntersmind is much

Cc:takenadoh, psittacus, ladunal et al
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by hafsha4lyf(m): 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
@pointersmind pls match me with any company in zamfara state.
Name: SHAFIU IBRAHIM MUSA
Unique Beneficiary Code: GI-ZAM-GUS-02080
Email: shafeeu99@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Montmayorblanc(m): 12:04am On Mar 01, 2015
Thinking out loud wen dem go pay me my 5months dats now 6months once dis month timesheet is submitted? For reach start small business oh wat do u think... @puntersmind in d voice of pope Francis assist dis my son so dem go pay am 156k no b beans money again.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by iloveAy: 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Temmy198:
. . . . I have not gotten alert o, even i have not receive december stipend. . . .
Training allowance has been paid.hope u got urs?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by iloveAy: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
olasamuel006:
Pls help me with sure p address in abuja,thanks
I really do not have an idea.i work in ibadan but d hq of d company i work for is in abj.i wil find out abt dt.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
hafsha4lyf:
@pointersmind pls match me with any company in zamfara state.
Name: SHAFIU IBRAHIM MUSA
Unique Beneficiary Code: GI-ZAM-GUS-02080
Email: shafeeu99@gmail.com.
Thanks.
A. bo. ki, vote for Goodluck o.. So dat, kudi go dey enta ya account. . lol.. Make shuwa u tell yuwa fifu
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
iloveAy:
Training allowance has been paid.hope u got urs?
Pls, wen did u get ur training allowance??
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by iloveAy: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
OrangeDream:
Pls, wen did u get ur training allowance??
25/02
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by salisy: 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
OrangeDream:
A. bo. ki, vote for Goodluck o.. So dat, kudi go dey enta ya account. . lol.. Make shuwa u tell yuwa fifu
. Who's Goodluck? Is that an exotic specie of gorilla?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 02, 2015
@pointersmind: Kindly help to match me with an employer.
My name is Victor Chika Eze and my beneficiary code no is .GI-LAG-AJE-00904. I live in lagos. Thanks and God bless u.
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 02, 2015
puntersmind:
@pointersmind: Kindly help to match me with an
employer.
My name is Victor Chika Eze and my beneficiary code no
is .GI-LAG-AJE-00904. I live in lagos. Thanks and God ble§s u
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by erickatchy: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2015
iloveAy:
25/02
we are yet to be paid o
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by aiikay(m): 8:20am On Mar 02, 2015
Is the time sheet out?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by bendovex: 9:59am On Mar 02, 2015
please people, is timesheet for February out?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by Psittacus(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2015
February time sheet is out. But I don search for the submit button tire, abeg who know where dem hide am?
Re: FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme by shift15(m): 10:24am On Mar 02, 2015
@Puntersmind,
Can you help our company to match our 6 interns for our company, they have gone through training and they are always calling to find out if we had been able to match them.
I will like to have a discussion with you kindly send me a mail on alxmyr@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (392) (Reply)

Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) / UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.