Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend (1928 Views)

Types Of People You May Find In A Video Game Arena / Best Android Game To Play Right Now Top 5 Hd by chester / What Are Your Video Game Weird Habits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Sisikill: 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2008
You're probably accustomed to seeing big-screen proposals at ball games, in crowded restaurants, and scrawled across the sky by aircraft. But popping the question by hiding a message in your intended's favorite computer game is rather more unusual.

However, for computer programmer Bernie Peng, it obviously seemed like the perfect idea. He spent a month reprogramming his girlfriend Tammy Liu's favorite video game, gem-matching hit Bejeweled, so that it would display the all-important message when she reached a certain score. As Peng told Newark's Star-Ledger: "I thought it was pretty cool, in a nerdy way."

Did she agree? Fortunately for Peng, she did, and the pair plan a September wedding.

Awww, Romance isn't dead after all. I mean it isn't dead everywhere else but in Nigeria . .can't even get a man to do the kneeling thing, talk more of spending a month programming a proposal on his girl's fovorite game. Oh wait. . .does he even know her favorite game? lipsrsealed

To my dear Niger men. . .can you dare to be different? Don't answer. . .I don't want to force people to lie.
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2008
Lmao grin grin grin

All I can say is September weddings--- superb cheesy kiss
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2008
aww, romatically creative smiley
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2008
buahahahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhh

i heard of a naija guy who
proposed to his bebe on a bike
isn't that just creatively sexy grin grin
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Scopium: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2008
[size=13pt]If creativity to you only means sci-fi proposal and followed maybe with a flopped marriage let me only be creative with an out-of-this-world sex[/size]
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by WebMonk(m): 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2008
@sisiskill: you beat me to post this topic!

Well, it's very romantic, BUT!!!!:

in the Naija Sense though, i'm yet to see a girl who loves to play video games. secondly, hacking it for a month? he try o!

Its just that the majority (and please no idiot shd start accusing me of generalizing) of these chicks don't appreciate that KIND of romantism.

And thirdly, look at the mentality of the society there. Sure enough it's illegal to hack commercial software. but when the company got wind of the story, they sponsored their trip for the wedding, along with passing free copies of the game to invitees. can you get such a reaction here in nigeria?

Nevertheless, it's very inspiring.
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Scopium: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2008
[size=13pt]Why the so much fuss about proposal? PROPOSAL is just the GIFT WRAP while MARRIAGE is the GIFT. Now which is more valuable?[/size]
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Seun(m): 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2008
Source?
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by justbones(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Webmonk
i've actually met quite a number of girls that love video games
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by cao(f): 7:48pm On May 04, 2008
I can't imagine if it was in my [current] fave game - God of War I/II. Imagine afta I've done a 100 & so combo [blood, guts, me smilin' like a derangd serial killa], then d question pops on my screen. That wud b interestin.

@WebMonk, u've no idea.
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by WebMonk(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2008
cao:

@WebMonk, u've no idea.

Aww come on! Of there are! But how most of them are in dense concentrations sparsely over the place. Oh well, there is a first time for everything, and i look forward to it cheesy
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by Gamine(f): 12:55am On May 05, 2008
I like games eh, but marriage proposal on game

Abeg,

Me no like!
Re: Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend by iice(f): 1:57pm On May 05, 2008
Awww isn't that sweet

(1) (Reply)

Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher / How To Hack Clash Of Clans To Unlock Everything / My Hacked Ps2 Is Hanging,please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.