Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria (3683 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 2:26am On May 04, 2013
To compliment the efforts of Federal Government in power generation, the Ebonyi State government has concluded plans to construct an independent turbine power plant that will generate electricity to serve the State and some other States of the Federation.

Governor Elechi who led a team of expatriates from South Korea to inspect the project site at Akahufu inyimagu, Ikwo Local Government Area, disclosed this while fielding questions from journalists.

Governor Elechi said the power plant which is in partnership with the United State of America will be the biggest power plant in the country,as it would generate 2,000 megawatts of electricity, and upon completion will be sold to the national grid.

He explained that, because of the size of the turbine plant being fabricated by South Korea,they will be shipped through the water as it could not be carried on road.

According to him, that informed the decision to site the power plant near water at Akahufu Inyimagu, Ikwo near Cross River state.

'That will be our own contribution to the power initiative of the Federal government ,and we think it will improve our revenue base',said Governor Elechi.

The governor was conducted round the project site by the state commissioner for Donor Agency , Elder Fred Udeogu,commissioner for works and transport,Hon.Chukwuma Nwandugo,commissioner for Public Utilities,engineer Ben Oka.

Commenting on the power plant being constructed at Ochudo city,the commissioner for Public Utilities,engr.Ben Oka,assured that the installation by the expatriate will be completed before the end of of this month and expressed satisfaction on the quality of work done so far.

Earlier,Governor Elechi had inspected the progress of work at Ochudo city and Oferekpe Water scheme.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2013/04/16/ebonyi-state-to-construct-turbine-power-plant-to-improve-electricity/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ebonyi-state-to-construct-turbine-power-plant-to-improve-electricity

Just saw on TV the arrival of some spanking new equipment on the back of some trucks.

I'm getting more impressed with Governor Elechi, regarding the silent but determined progress Ebonyi is making in: agriculture, improving IGR, power and urban development.

Ebonyi oni baje o!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by otokx(m): 3:01am On May 04, 2013
As usual future tense.
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by koruji(m): 3:09am On May 04, 2013
You mind them.
They don't even tell small lies anymore:
2000 Megawatt plant that is so big it can't be moved by road !!!
You would think a 2000 MW plant is actually just a single machine.

Anyway, it is a lie we have heard before.
Ohakim of Imo State signed his own MOU for a 1000 MW nuclear - yes you read me right, nuclear, plant.
Problem was that the two companies that were going to build this nuclear plant were:
1) A charge and bail law firm in the USA;
2) A side of the road import-export company.

It seems clear why Nigerian leaders just lie with reckless abandon.
Nigerians have no memory of promises, either kept or unkept !!!

otokx: As usual future tense.
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Ramnon2: 3:44am On May 04, 2013
koruji: You mind them.
They don't even tell small lies anymore:
2000 Megawatt plant that is so big it can't be moved by road !!!
You would think a 2000 MW plant is actually just a single machine.

Anyway, it is a lie we have heard before.
Ohakim of Imo State signed his own MOU for a 1000 MW nuclear - yes you read me right, nuclear, plant.
Problem was that the two companies that were going to build this nuclear plant were:
1) A charge and bail law firm in the USA;
2) A side of the road import-export company.

It seems clear why Nigerian leaders just lie with reckless abandon.
Nigerians have no memory of promises, either kept or unkept !!!

Hopefully, you will say the same thing when Fashola makes his own empty promises. Ewu Gambia.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by emiye(m): 3:50am On May 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Commenting on the power plant being constructed at Ochudo city,the commissioner for Public Utilities,engr.Ben Oka,assured that the installation by the expatriate will be completed before the end of of this month and expressed satisfaction on the quality of work done so far.

Ebonyi oni baje o!

Sounds incredible to come from ebonyi state.

Largest turbine power plant in Nigeria ? installation to be completed by end of this month ?

Surely, something is not adding up.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by koruji(m): 4:02am On May 04, 2013
You better bet on it.
If Gov. Fashola starts spewing rubbish - I will call him out.

Ramnon.2:

Hopefully, you will say the same thing when Fashola makes his own empty promises. Ewu Gambia.
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by koruji(m): 4:05am On May 04, 2013
Did not even see the part about completing the installation in a month.
Like I said they don't even tell small lies anymore.
Imagine a 2000 MW plant that is too big to travel by road !!!
Ignorance is truly bliss - bliss of the grave.

emiye:
Largest turbine power plant in Nigeria ? installation to be completed by end of this month ?
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by slap1(m): 7:36am On May 04, 2013
FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE.
Forgive me, but I often forget that Ebonyi is a state in Nigeria.
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by billante(m): 8:42am On May 04, 2013
This should be moved to the jokes section! A 2000 MW to completed a few months by a poor state like ebonyi!
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On May 04, 2013
Nice Idea, So where will they get the gas to power this plant. The gas consumption will be huge, so am wondering if Ebonyi has gas wells, or have they built a pipeline to Akwa Ibom where they can get it? The pipeline alone is a three years project? The story does not just add up.
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 11:03am On May 04, 2013
emiye:

^^^This doesn't necessarily mean that the whole plant would be ready and 'fired up' by month ending; i'm not aware of the present stage of construction, but the 'installation' could be referring to some component parts of the plant subcontracted out....we're not privy to the full details are we?

I actually saw the on-going construction works on the news, with huge equipment arriving on trucks, so i'm not doubting the story; though when it would actually be completed is up for debate.
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by UCyril: 11:22am On May 04, 2013
slap1: FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE.
were re u from,idiot
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by UCyril: 11:23am On May 04, 2013
slap1: FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE.
were re u from,zombi
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by eaglechild: 1:52pm On May 04, 2013
Who gave this 82 year old man this kind of initiative?
Is it his grand son?
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^This doesn't necessarily mean that the whole plant would be ready and 'fired up' by month ending; i'm not aware of the present stage of construction, but the 'installation' could be referring to some component parts of the plant subcontracted out....we're not privy to the full details are we?

I actually saw the on-going construction works on the news, with huge equipment arriving on trucks, so i'm not doubting the story; though when it would actually be completed is up for debate.
When I first heard of the report on radio, I dismissed it as one of those phantom projects. But with the little more details provided on this thread, it seems the governor is serious. But how will they source gas to power the plant?
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by doctokwus: 3:11pm On May 04, 2013
I wonder y no one seems to see d obvious in this:this is a corrupt scheme from miles off,its a way for this 82yr misfit to either enrich himself or his cronies.Check:he has less dan 2yrs to spend in office.Check:power projects usually completed on d average 18mths-3yrs in a well developed society,put in d nigerian factor(s),it takes average 3-5yrs.Check:d money is usually paid all before d completion or @least d mobilization money,which isn't less dan 50%.So dis man never had intention of completing any power project,if not,he wud av initiated d project @d start of his 2nd term @least.This is a phantom project simply meant to embezzle state funds as he leaves office
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Obejieric(m): 6:36pm On May 11, 2015
The Ultra Modern City and Market Build by the Amiable Governor Martins Nwanchor Elechi Have been Commissioned today 11th May, 2015 and Everything there is working Perfectly fine, the Gas Turbine and Many more. He have left a very good legacy for the people of Ebonyi state. Most of the things he have done may not be visualized now but in the nearest future. Talking of how to get the turbine running, to me, that is a minor work for the person of good mind to do compared to the level of work that is done installing it. View the Video of the Commissioning here and feed your eyes. Also share the video so that those criticizing his administration will see.

Feed Your Eye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XhlLKPruA
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Obejieric(m): 6:38pm On May 11, 2015
Get the Latest gist About Ebonyi state here. About Commissioning of the Ochudo city and many more

http://ebonyivoice..com/
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by doctokwus: 6:54pm On May 11, 2015
2 yrs down d line why has nobody heard about d 2000mw power plant again or was it a project as was suspected, to be planned, executed and commissioned on paper?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 11, 2015
Obejieric:
The Ultra Modern City and Market Build by the Amiable Governor Martins Nwanchor Elechi Have been Commissioned today 11th May, 2015 and Everything there is working Perfectly fine, the Gas Turbine and Many more. He have left a very good legacy for the people of Ebonyi state. Most of the things he have done may not be visualized now but in the nearest future. Talking of how to get the turbine running, to me, that is a minor work for the person of good mind to do compared to the level of work that is done installing it. View the Video of the Commissioning here and feed your eyes. Also share the video so that those criticizing his administration will see.

Feed Your Eye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XhlLKPruA

"Ultra Modern City" of few blocks of Apartment buildings? smh
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by abduljabbar4(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2015
Have you people uprooted the power plants gringrin?
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 11, 2015
Good news from Ebonyi state? I can't believe this.

Hoping to hear one from Abia maybe before this generation passes undecided
Re: Ebonyi State Constructing Largest Turbine Power Plant In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:57pm On May 11, 2015
what a Joke?

(1) (Reply)

NGIGE New Senate President / Okorocha Crying On Channels TV some people are busy sayin GMB is leading in imo / Nigeria... Led By An Illiterate Whose English Needs Translation In English-utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.