Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827558 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ol boy!

I just discovered that my some of my work experience is not among the 50 occupations listed. What do i do now?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dustydee: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Well done guys. 100 pages. wink
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Y the escalation in the number of pages on this forum? Minutes ago, it was 100 pages. Now its 1600.......
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
seunlovesa: Y the escalation in the number of pages on this forum? Minutes ago, it was 100 pages. Now its 1600.......
No perfect system....system error...
Check again...its reverted back again to 100 pages. grin
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
yomifowe: Ol boy!

I just discovered that my some of my work experience is not among the 50 occupations listed. What do i do now?
How manage? Is it that ur profession isn't among the 50 occupations listed or Job description does not fall within the under listed profession? I'm kind of confused.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please guys, i just got my wes evaluation report, it equates my MBA as an Executive MBA in canadian equivalency, is my 23 points still guaranteed?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
AceOak: Please guys, i just got my wes evaluation report, it equates my MBA as an Executive MBA in canadian equivalency, is my 23 points still guaranteed?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Yes it is.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello house.
Is it required to get a cover letter alongside a bank statement or balance? Or I just submit the statement like that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
AceOak: Please guys, i just got my wes evaluation report, it equates my MBA as an Executive MBA in canadian equivalency, is my 23 points still guaranteed?
Yes..23 points .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Meritl: Hello house.
Is it required to get a cover letter alongside a bank statement or balance? Or I just submit the statement like that.
No need for cover letter.
Its okay to submit it like that.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by VCTROKOYE: 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
Please house, I discovered that some of the places I worked do not exist anymore. Do you think that not including them will cause problem for me? I'm afraid that the embassy may find it difficult to verify my claims. Those of you that are already successful, please, do they verify all the places of employment. I have no problem with the last two places I worked. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:02am On Sep 11, 2014
VCTROKOYE: Please house, I discovered that some of the places I worked do not exist anymore. Do you think that not including them will cause problem for me? I'm afraid that the embassy may find it difficult to verify my claims. Those of you that are already successful, please, do they verify all the places of employment. I have no problem with the last two places I worked. Thanks
[b]Depends on the fact that you want to claim points for those closed down job of yours.
If you are claiming point for a job that is no more existing,you will need to present a letter of experience from such place with supporting documents like your payslips and employment letter.In the event that you can not get an experience letter for the job,your only option is to get an affidavit to explain and swear for the non existence of the company again .Also in the same affidavit ,you will use it to state your entry/exit dates,working hours,monthly/annual salary and your job duties while you worked with the company .
This affidavit and the supporting documents of your employment letter nd pay slips while in the company will suffix and your points for experience will be awarded.The supporting documents are very necessary too.....any documents in your possession that like you with the company is fine.
If paradventure ,you are not claiming point for such job experience ,you don't need to worry yourself as it wasted time and resources for CIC to be checking it out.Just list them out in your personal history of the background declaration form and relax.
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Depends on the fact that you want to claim points for those closed down job of yours.
If you are claiming point for a job that is no more existing,you will need to present a letter of experience from such place with supporting documents like your payslips and employment letter.In the event that you can not get an experience letter for the job,your only option is to get an affidavit to explain and swear for the non existence of the company again .Also in the same affidavit ,you will use it to state your entry/exit dates,working hours,monthly/annual salary and your job duties while you worked with the company .
This affidavit and the supporting documents of your employment letter nd pay slips while in the company will suffix and your points for experience will be awarded.The supporting documents are very necessary too.....any documents in your possession that like you with the company is fine.
If paradventure ,you are not claiming point for such job experience ,you don't need to worry yourself as it wasted time and resources for CIC to be checking it out.Just list them out in your personal history of the background declaration form and relax.
Cheers[/b].

Hello Damkollins.
Hope she can also mention the nonexistent firms in the economic class forms though she may not be awarded points because of the absence of ref letters. (This was the advice you gave me in respect of my friend's plea I brought to the floor of the house earlier).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:39am On Sep 11, 2014
Meritl:

Hello Damkollins.
Hope she can also mention the nonexistent firms in the economic class forms though she may not be awarded points because of the absence of ref letters. (This was the advice you gave me in respect of my friend's plea I brought to the floor of the house earlier).
yes she can....no issues.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollipop29: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Please my friend needs advice and I know he can get it from here.

He Wants to apply through the federal skilled trades person program and his current job is listed among the NOC jobs for that program. But his biggest challenge is how to go about Getting the requirements from any province.

Please those any one knows the method and how to get the necessary certificates and documents from a province before he can apply for the PR ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2014
Ekpekus1:
How manage? Is it that ur profession isn't among the 50 occupations listed or Job description does not fall within the under listed profession? I'm kind of confused.

My present work experience does but my past work experiences does not, or does it really matter?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello Damkollins. Please I visited a GTBank branch in Benin city and I was told that I can't get a draft in $CAD except I go to Lagos.
I visisted a FIRST Bank branch in Benin and they said they can raise a draft there in Benin but, it will be in $US. I'm very careful not to hurriedly get it in $US when the instructions says in $CAD.

Any idea or suggestion?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Meritl: Hello Damkollins. Please I visited a GTBank branch in Benin city and I was told that I can't get a draft in $CAD except I go to Lagos.
I visisted a FIRST Bank branch in Benin and they said they can raise a draft there in Benin but, it will be in $US. I'm very careful not to hurriedly get it in $US when the instructions says in $CAD.
Any idea or suggestion?
It needs to be in Canadian dollar so don't bother doing US dollar.
If you are using draft,you have to issue it in Canadian dollar...Do you have a friend in Lagos that can help you?
Try link a trusted friend to do it for you but I'm surprised no Gtbank in Benin city has the facility to do it...no wonder,it is limited in Lagos too.
Try to ask for other bank options in Benin or near cities...warri or so.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Meritl: Hello Damkollins. Please I visited a GTBank branch in Benin city and I was told that I can't get a draft in $CAD except I go to Lagos.

Any idea or suggestion?
I'm in Lagos... I can help u do it here. Pm me if u can trust one Nigerian!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
yomifowe:

My present work experience does but my past work experiences does not, or does it really matter?
If your present job is over a year with pay then it can be used. However, the points from experience will be reduced. If you still cumulatively have over 67 point, then no qualms.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks henmaris and damkollins, at least now i can continue with this process grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
hELLO MY GOOD PEOPLE

please assist if this can fly as a proof of fund. My stock broker intends to give me this

To Whom It May Concern

This letter is to confirm that the customer, (Name) has an account with (company name, a member of Nigerian Stock Exchange). This account, number xxxxxxxxx, was opened Xth September 20xx and has a current cash balance of N3,500,000 from the sale proceeds of his stock portfolio.

If you need additional information regarding this account, please do not hesitate to contact (company name)

We hope this information is useful

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
Executive Director, Finance & Operations
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by olami101: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
pls house,i downloaded a fed skilled workers form frm d net bt some part of d form was telling me to attarched my fee payment receipt n i was wondering mayb is one of those scam site, pls advise me,if is genuine,wish bank can i pay n how much ?,how do i go abt d processing cos they also ask soo many other questn too wish i can"t provide ansa except i see a mentor....pls is urgent
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ekpekus1:
If your present job is over a year with pay then it can be used. However, the points from experience will be reduced. If you still cumulatively have over 67 point, then no qualms.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
olami101: pls house,i downloaded a fed skilled workers form frm d net bt some part of d form was telling me to attarched my fee payment receipt n i was wondering mayb is one of those scam site, pls advise me,if is genuine,wish bank can i pay n how much ?,how do i go abt d processing cos they also ask soo many other questn too wish i can"t provide ansa except i see a mentor....pls is urgent
Which form are you referring to?
What is the form's name?
Is it the page 6 of 7 (the one i attached here)of the document checklist you are referring to?
If it is this one...fine.
But think of it...if you are just submitting your application,you are not meant to pay into bank or get any receipt.
Its either you supply your credit card details on the fees payment form for CIC to debit your account for processing fees (555CAD).
Another mode of payment is to use money order/certified check or bank draft IFO Receiver General For Canada.
Anything short of the above two options is categorically and realistically a scamming process initiated to rip you off.
Please check and revert.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
unibadan: hELLO MY GOOD PEOPLE

please assist if this can fly as a proof of fund. My stock broker intends to give me this

To Whom It May Concern

This letter is to confirm that the customer, (Name) has an account with (company name, a member of Nigerian Stock Exchange). This account, number xxxxxxxxx, was opened Xth September 20xx and has a current cash balance of N3,500,000 from the sale proceeds of his stock portfolio.

If you need additional information regarding this account, please do not hesitate to contact (company name)

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
unibadan: hELLO MY GOOD PEOPLE

To Whom It May Concern

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
I will not subscribe that you use this as a proof of fund.
FD or statement of account is preferable....not sure I've seen any applicant use this as POF.
Personally,this may not fly as this is not a financial institution but a stock broking firm.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by beaurydoc: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pls is Dere any doctor that has applied I need to know how to go about the ECA pls anyone that has gone through the process should pls share.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
damkollins:
I will not subscribe that you use this as a proof of fund.
FD or statement of account is preferable....not sure I've seen any applicant use this as POF.
Personally,this may not fly as this is not a financial institution but a stock broking firm.
Cheers.

Thank you for your response.

What you are saying is that if a bank issue such, it can be used as POF?

need clarity though!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
unibadan:

Thank you for your response.

What you are saying is that if a bank issue such, it can be used as POF?

need clarity though!
Which other clarity, guy? Value of stocks isn't stable...so may not fly. Sell or fund an account and use d statement. Pple sell their houses & land to fund an account. U can fix an account.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
beaurydoc: Pls is Dere any doctor that has applied I need to know how to go about the ECA pls anyone that has gone through the process should pls share.
Are u one? Smh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.