Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,405 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827203 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2014
damkollins:
Thanks all for your wishes .......
I'm really humbled with such wishes from all of you despite not physically knowing eachother.
Really wish all of us positive responses regarding our respective stages of application processing.
Once in the house ....always in the house.....we're still together to offer any help we can.
Once again,thank you all .
Cheers
Hello Damkollins ,I just want to ask if want to ask if you had any interview at the Accra office.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
shopaker:

Hello Damkollins ,I just want to ask if want to ask if you had any interview at the Accra office.
Thanks
Nope.....no interview scheduled or anticipated .
We've not had any scheduled interview with any of my colleagues yet ....atleast for FSW2013/2014.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gfn(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Great Sunday to everyone.
Facing a challenge here. My wife's passport is in her maiden name and I just started the FSWP process, not done IELTS yet and if she has to do a new passport with my name, it will take about a month to complete the process and she is almost due for delivery.....we are expecting another addition.....and she will need to embark on a 6 hr journey to Abuja for the Change of passport name, which might not be too convenient at the moment. My question is, do we proceed with her taking the IELTS in her Maiden name and do a change of passport next year? By the way, we have these handy documents; marriage certificate, affidavit and national daily publication to back up the change of name.

Professional advice urgently needed.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2014
gfn:
Facing a challenge here. My wife's passport is in her maiden name and I just started the FSWP process, not done IELTS yet and if she has to do a new passport with my name, it will take about a month to complete the process and she is almost due for delivery.....we are expecting another addition.....and she will need to embark on a 6 hr journey to Abuja for the Change of passport name, which might not be too convenient at the moment. My question is, do we proceed with her taking the IELTS in her Maiden name and do a change of passport next year? By the way, we have these handy documents; marriage certificate, affidavit and national daily publication to back up the change of name.

Thanks.
professional advice means you pay ASAP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2014
ferdimako:

professional advice means you pay ASAP.

Bros your response is not clear. Am sure the guy's question hasn't been answered yet.
It would be delightful to have an elaborate answer
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2014
conyema12:

Bros your response is not clear. Am sure the guy's question hasn't been answered yet.
It would be delightful to have an elaborate answer
Cheers
You are a professional when you get paid for your services. I recently advised someone not to worry until it gets to Accra stages. I guess that was unprofessional or he even never bothered to read up. You can advise him...it is open to professionals only.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
pinchocreamy:
Oga Solo,where u dey? Long time no hear.Hope you are good sir?

Been very much around...I see the great work @damkollins has been rendering and I am enthralled by his selfless service.

I have a project on hand that's keeping me off,it's just going to take a little while but I will always keep in touch.

Congratulations to all those who have scaled one hurdle or the other.It is heart warming to see positive news everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
gfn:
Thanks.
[b]Your wife does not need her passport name to be changed from maiden to married name.
Maiden name to married name is an African-Nigerian mentality which is of no use outside the shores of this country.
My advice for you is not to bother about any change of name now or even later.
Even at Accra level,you really do not need it unless by choice if you feel you need compilsorily.There is no national or international law that stipulates that women are mandated/expected to change their name from maiden to married for any reason whatsoever.
Leave your wife and let her do anything she wants to do her in maiden name since you have the legalized documents to back up her union with you...that is all you need.
A typical Nigerian man may not agree with my advice for you but that is actually the truth....changing her name doesnt bring you any special advantage even in Nigerian community.
For now...leave her out of the stress and be forward looking in your preparations.....trust me,you can safely land in Canada without changing her name to your name....and yet,it doesn't mean you are not married.
Cheers.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by uchey(f): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi guys, thanks for all the info on this fantastic forum.pls i need some info. My occupation is eligible under the current FSW 2014. I got a 5.5 in one of the language test, and 7.0,7.5,7.5 in d rest. This means i need to rewrite d test right? Secondly can i write the test in the US cos dts where i will be in the next few months. Pls help a sister. Thank u
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
damkollins:

Nope.....no interview scheduled or anticipated .
We've not had any scheduled interview with any of my colleagues yet ....atleast for FSW2013/2014.
Cheers

Thanks Dams.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gfn(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
ferdimako:

You are a professional when you get paid for your services. I recently advised someone not to worry until it gets to Accra stages. I guess that was unprofessional or he even never bothered to read up. You can advise him...it is open to professionals only.

Pls forgive my choice of words, never meant to debase any one's opinion in this house. Your opinion or advice is very well appreciated. Thanks for taking time to respond. I'm grateful.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gfn(m): 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
damkollins:

[b]Your wife does not need her passport name to be changed from maiden to married name.
Maiden name to married name is an African-Nigerian mentality which is of no use outside the shores of this country.
My advice for you is not to bother about any change of name now or even later.
Even at Accra level,you really do not need it unless by choice if you feel you need compilsorily.There is no national or international law that stipulates that women are mandated/expected to change their name from maiden to married for any reason whatsoever.
Leave your wife and let her do anything she wants to do her in maiden name since you have the legalized documents to back up her union with you...that is all you need.
A typical Nigerian man may not agree with my advice for you but that is actually the truth....changing her name doesnt bring you any special advantage even in Nigerian community.
For now...leave her out of the stress and be forward looking in your preparations.....trust me,you can safely land in Canada without changing her name to your name....and yet,it doesn't mean you are not married.
Cheers.[/b]

Thanks bro, you just saved me a truck load of time, that is an essential commodity that I even lack at the moment.
And a MIGHTY CONGRATULATIONS to you. I will locate you in Canada to thank you in person.
God bless everyone.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
uchey:
Hi guys, thanks for all the info on this fantastic forum.pls i need some info. My occupation is eligible under the current FSW 2014. I got a 5.5 in one of the language test, and 7.0,7.5,7.5 in d rest. This means i need to rewrite d test right? Secondly can i write the test in the US cos dts where i will be in the next few months. Pls help a sister. Thank u
1.Yes ...you need minimum of 6 bandmarks in all 4 test sessions in a sitting.You need to write another one.
2.Yes....you can write the IELTS test in any country of the world.
It can be written in US.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by uchey(f): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thank u damokollins,hope u dont mind o. I have sooo many questions. 1st is am qualified as an financial accountant and auditor. I have abt 7 years professional exp, a bsc in accounting and an Ican certificate. Which do i submit to the wes for evaluation?2ndly , hw do i send my test result to wes. Will i send it myself or british council will do that?. Also is it possible to get ur fone no.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
uchey:

@Uchey
I wrote the IELTS exam in USA as required by FSWP so let me share my experience and a few tips. First things first, REGISTER EARLY!!!!!!!!!

I cannot over emphasize that bit enough. There aren't a lot of centers that do IELTS and some centers are booked as far back as 2 months in advance. So since you would be in the US for sometime, please try and register now. Normally your result is mailed to you 10 days after writing the test. Use the link below to reserve a space:

https://www.test.registration-usa.com/ielts-candidate/candidateonline/home.html.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
uchey:
Thank u damokollins,hope u dont mind o. I have sooo many questions. 1st is am qualified as an financial accountant and auditor. I have abt 7 years professional exp, a bsc in accounting and an Ican certificate. Which do i submit to the wes for evaluation?2ndly , hw do i send my test result to wes. Will i send it myself or british council will do that?. Also is it possible to get ur fone no.
Your trf goes to CIC Nova Scotia with other documents. WES doesn't need it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 7:50am On Oct 20, 2014
Morning guys,
Congrats to damokollins. Your selfless service has gotten you this far. The good lord has just started with you. Victory upon victory for you.
Please, I will like to know the requirement and procedure for police clearance @ Alagbon. And how much it will cost. I am thinking i should do it while waiting for my evaluation from WES to get here.
Also, has anyone received WES evaluation by post? How long does it takes to get here? Been almost a week, I haven't seen it.
Thanks and cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:11am On Oct 20, 2014
HenryIX:
Morning guys,
Congrats to damokollins. Your selfless service has gotten you this far. The good lord has just started with you. Victory upon victory for you.
Please, I will like to know the requirement and procedure for police clearance @ Alagbon. And how much it will cost. I am thinking i should do it while waiting for my evaluation from WES to get here.
Also, has anyone received WES evaluation by post? How long does it takes to get here? Been almost a week, I haven't seen it.
Thanks and cheers
I will prefer you leave out the PCC for now especially at this submission stage since it is not mandatory ,besides,it's valid for just three months so there is every likelihood that Accra will ask you to resubmit it again....better safe yourself the stress at this stage.
.fr the process ,Just walk in to Alagbon with your passport document ,also make a photocopy of the biodata page as you may see to give them.Go with two passports .You will be asked to fill a form afterwhich your fingerprints will be taken.
It should be ready within 3 hours.......depending on your negotiation power,the cost is averagly 5k per adult.
Give your ECA about 2 more weeks to get it....just make sure you continues check until you receive it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2014
damkollins:

I will prefer you leave out the PCC for now especially at this submission stage since it is not mandatory ,besides,it's valid for just three months so there is every likelihood that Accra will ask you to resubmit it again....better safe yourself the stress at this stage.
.fr the process ,Just walk in to Alagbon with your passport document ,also make a photocopy of the biodata page as you may see to give them.Go with two passports .You will be asked to fill a form afterwhich your fingerprints will be taken.
It should be ready within 3 hours.......depending on your negotiation power,the cost is averagly 5k per adult.
Give your ECA about 2 more weeks to get it....just make sure you continues check until you receive it.
Cheers

Thanks man! You are one in a million. I guess I'll just chill and watch. I am putting in for NOC 0111. I know I will make it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tekecoms1(m): 9:18am On Oct 20, 2014
I am gonna have to wait till January before i send my application because most of the quota is filled up already ooooooo.
I wanna wait to see if the EXPRESS thingy will make more of a sense.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2014
Tekecoms1:
I am gonna have to wait till January before i send my application because most of the quota is filled up already ooooooo.
OK
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Tekecoms1:

What NOC are you looking at? Cos I see alot waiting to be tapped into between now and december. Except you have not started at all.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
seemples:

Bless means thank naa, abi?

Exactly. Thanks sis.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samakh: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
I apologize in advance if this is an impractical question but I have to ask..

I have requested WES to deliver my ECA report to my brother's residential address in Toronto. I was thinking that I can ask my brother to fax me the report for reference, complete my application, send it to my brother's address in Toronto and he can replace the fax with the original. He could then post it to CIO, Nova Scotia.

Would CIO, Nova Scotia object to this method as the sender name and address on the courier envelope won't match the applicant's name and address?

P.S. I spent only CAD 15 to send my credentials to WES, Toronto but now it'll cost me CAD 60 to receive them at my address.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
HenryIX:
Morning guys,
Thanks and cheers
As regards WES evaluation by post option, mine took 5weeks before it arrived. So just relax and cross-check other documents over and over again and again...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:10am On Oct 21, 2014
samakh:
I apologize in advance if this is an impractical question but I have to ask..
I have requested WES to deliver my ECA report to my brother's residential address in Toronto. I was thinking that I can ask my brother to fax me the report for reference, complete my application, send it to my brother's address in Toronto and he can replace the fax with the original. He could then post it to CIO, Nova Scotia.
Would CIO, Nova Scotia object to this method as the sender name and address on the courier envelope won't match the applicant's name and address?
P.S. I spent only CAD 15 to send my credentials to WES, Toronto but now it'll cost me CAD 60 to receive them at my address.
CIC doesn't operate on sender's name or address basis...all they will do is to accept the sent package,stamped it and put it in queue for completeness check/processing.
There is absolutely no issues in that so just relax.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samakh: 6:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Thank you damkollins for your quick and detailed reply. Very grateful!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2014
Hey! why is the forum quiet these days? Abi everybody don submit ni? Me never submit o.
Peeps should update their experiences nah!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2014
zeelo2014:

GTbank master card and it was smooth, charged about 84k.

Hi, that's quite high, thats N153/cad. I saw that the exchange rate on oanda.com is N145/cad, why is it so high?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2014
HenryIX:
Morning guys,
Thanks and cheers

I dont know what you mean by post. If its post as in NIPOST, i dont know, but courier service takes 3 days.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2014
Hi all, after validating the generic form, can one still make correction.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2014
tola73:
Hi all, after validating the generic form, can one still make correction.
Yes you can ...afterwards,validate again.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.