Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827602 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Got a question:

The recent cap update last week, is it inclusive of august applicants
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rayo2002: 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Na wa o. This one that all my posts were hidden. Diaris God o. smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

Forget that thing...it is mainly mouthwatering for strugglers...rich folks don't need other nationalities to get by.

Well, "I think" Ferdimako is not too wrong.
I have 2 guys who work I'm Chevron and Shell respectively. They moved their spouse there and came back to continue their work, because, they might not get a job that may pay as high as they've got now.
The Chevron guy moved three weeks ago.
A third guy I know, is a Nigerian in Iraq. The guy earns more than his contemporaries in Chevron and ExxonMobil. My "Broses" , the guy moved three days ago and plans to evaporate Canada when his leave is over due to his impressive job in Iraq. IRAQ O!!
My classmate got a job recently in a Nigerian school, just plans to settle his family there while he comes back because, he's got other "shows" to run here. He should be back soonest
So there are a lot of critical thinking in making decisions like this. E.g.
1. Most will move permanently if their financial/life standard is not up to par in their country of origin.
2. Most will just land with their families, settle them and leave almost immediately because the salaries earned in their country of origin will be OK to take care of their families and avoid been a middle-class guy in Canada while he can live big here in naija and still "spoil" his family in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 4:15am On Nov 23, 2014
I hope that they know as they are in naija nd visiting Canada that within 5 yrs, they must accumulate Days that will add up to 3 yrs either by visiting or living for 3 years, if not they lose the PR

Meritl:

I have 2 guys who work I'm Chevron and Shell respectively. They moved their spouse there and came back to continue their work, because, they might not get a job that may pay as high as they've got now.
A third guy I know, is a Nigerian in Iraq. The guy earns more than his contemporaries in Chevron and ExxonMobil. My "Broses" , the guy moved three days ago and plans to evaporate Canada when his leave is over due to his impressive job in Iraq. IRAQ O!!
My classmate got a job recently in a Nigerian school, just plans to settle his family there while he comes back because, he's got other "shows" to run here. He should be back soonest
1. Most will move permanently if their financial/life standard is not up to par in their country of origin.
2. Most will just land with their families, settle them and leave almost immediately because the salaries earned in their country of origin will be OK to take care of their families and avoid been a middle-class guy in Canada while he can live big here in naija and still "spoil" his family in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2014
Hotstepper:
[
I hope that they know as they are in naija nd visiting Canada that within 5 yrs, they must accumulate Days that will add up to 3 yrs either by visiting or living for 3 years, if not they lose the PR

quote author=Meritl post=28267643]

If he loses it...he can apply again. He flexes here and his family does the same when they come.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 23, 2014
Meritl:

You are thinking outside the box.. saxywale was saying a guy that has made money landed forfeiting his job for the unknown... and can't describe the amount on him. I know sb who builds at least two houses every year,travels every time...doesn't even wanna hear I wld like to relocate. So if u claim insecurity...that is pple wanna kill u..fine. But for general insecurity and poor infrastructure when u make money here...kai...it is hard to believe. Mad decisions are made for mere PR anyway!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2014
seunlovesa:
Got a question:

Nobody can say for sure until we hear news of people whose applications were returned on the basis of the cap being reached,until then we have to remain positive.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 8:46am On Nov 23, 2014
zeelo2014:
Hmmm coming back here to see lots of hidden comments. kai I don miss this show grin. It's one of those things that spice up the thread sha as we patiently wait for CC charge, PER, MR, PPR. Looking forward to the party that will be thrown here soon when Damkollins' visa arrives.

Yes o. A very big party indeed!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 9:12am On Nov 23, 2014
What makes u think he will be given. It is will seen and concluded that you are not interested in it, if not, da person would have come. Immigration policies are changing everyday

ferdimako:

If he loses it...he can apply again. He flexes here and his family does the same when they come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 9:37am On Nov 23, 2014
seunlovesa:
Got a question:

Can't be too sure but from observations, it's been said that applications that pass completeness check and are forwarded for charging are the ones that make up that cap. And currently August till 3rd week of sept have been checked.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shamecurls(m): 10:05am On Nov 23, 2014
Hello House,

Your contributions re highly needed. I applied as a federal skilled worker to Canada in 2005, After about 7 years, i was mailed back that due to the backlogs of applications they have, they would no longer be able to process my application and would refund my $500 fee. I have not heard from them about my refund since then.

Can you please help on how to go about getting my refund as i have sent them several mails without reply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:19am On Nov 23, 2014
Hotstepper:

Their aim would have been achieved.
The aim which is very clear-Safeguarding the future of their kids. Besides, he can always visit.
In my opinion, its "more in favour" of those who don't have killer jobs in their country of origin.
Just my observation and opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 23, 2014
Hi all!

Personally, I think it isn't always what you say, but how you say it. We are adults, and everybody is entitled to an opinion. So to talk down at another person because you don't share the same opinion is just wrong. If you have answers to people's questions answer politely or just jejely waka pass instead of being rude or sounding like 'you no get sense, which kind question be that?'. I have seen those kinda responses here.

That been said, honesty is always the best route even if not the easiest. I used to work in a bank and they can certainly verify your POF. No need to overflog the matter. Besides, Google is everybody's friend. The VO can very easily locate this thread and then begin to treat every Nigerians' application with suspicion because of what they see here. Not every Nigerian is dubious. It's heartbreaking to think that we sometimes promote such a negative image of ourselves. Another thing is, people relocate for different reasons. You can't deem every potential immigrant as 'poor'. As we grow and mature in life we realize that it isn't always about money. Especially when you are married with children. Your children take priority. You wanna give them the best. Even if it means going to start from scratch elsewhere so they have an advantage later in life.

May God help us all NEVER to regret our decision to relocate. And may our applications be successful and speedy.

Top of this new week y'all! !!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2014
My apologies for the hidden posts especially to sensible and helpful members here who have been doing all they can to help and keep this thread going.

I did not want this thread to be derailed by few individuals.

@Solomonwis' keep doing what you are doing, telling people to do the right thing is not always popular especially with some Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2014
justwise:
My apologies for the hidden posts especially to sensible and helpful members here who have been doing all they can to help and keep this thread going.

@Solomonwis' keep doing what you are doing, telling people to do the right thing is not always popular especially with some Nigerians.

I understand why some of the posts have to be deleted. I am sold out to ensuring things are done rightly,it doesn't make me and others saints but help as guiding principle.

Thank you @Justwise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2014
I have met Ppl that worked in Oil companies, telecoms nd even bank managers. Infact, one top bank manager resigned and relocated with her family 2 weeks ago. Most times, it's not about the money anymore cuz even with money in naija, u don't seem to enjoy it cuz of poor in infrastructure, security etc

Meritl:

The aim which is very clear-Safeguarding the future of their kids. Besides, he can always visit.
In my opinion, its "more in favour" of those who don't have killer jobs in their country of origin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:11am On Nov 23, 2014
shamecurls:
Hello House,

Your contributions re highly needed. I applied as a federal skilled worker to Canada in 2005, After about 7 years, i was mailed back that due to the backlogs of applications they have, they would no longer be able to process my application and would refund my $500 fee. I have not heard from them about my refund since then.

Can you please help on how to go about getting my refund as i have sent them several mails without reply

This email extract might help you in your case:

[b]Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:
Refund e-Payment – Application will not be Submitted

If you made a payment using the e-Payment (https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do) online service or if you paid online via the online application and you will not submit an application, you may request a refund by sending an email to HPM.Prod @ cic.gc.ca or a fax to (613) 952-6399.

You should include the following information in your message:

• Your name;
• Your mailing address;
• The reason you want a refund;
• The date of transaction;
• The receipt number;
• First 2 numbers of the credit card;
• Last 4 numbers of the credit card; and
• The credit card expiration date.
You should receive a refund approximately 8 weeks after we receive the information requested above. The refund will be done directly on credit card. If the credit card is expired, a cheque will be issued.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-can.asp#tab1

Francine
Agent #3434
Citizenship and Immigration Canada[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 23, 2014
Hotstepper:

What makes u think he will be given. It is will seen and concluded that you are not interested in it, if not, da person would have come. Immigration policies are changing everyday

You go on visiting.. ..cash remains the main thing from my angle.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Meritl:

I follow u to hell...others keep their reasons and mistakes can be regretted afterwards. It is ur decision.. ur right. They don't wanna hear they are struggling tongue
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
justwise:

grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
justwise:

pls can u also hide any other post that can put us in bad light, u know what I mean. Google is not far oooo.
If u google stuffs about naija, Nairaland posts usually pops out.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shamecurls(m): 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
solomonwis:

This email extract might help you in your case:

[b]Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:
Refund e-Payment – Application will not be Submitted

If you made a payment using the e-Payment (https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do) online service or if you paid online via the online application and you will not submit an application, you may request a refund by sending an email to HPM.Prod @ cic.gc.ca or a fax to (613) 952-6399.

You should include the following information in your message:

• Your name;
• Your mailing address;
• The reason you want a refund;
• The date of transaction;
• The receipt number;
• First 2 numbers of the credit card;
• Last 4 numbers of the credit card; and
• The credit card expiration date.
You should receive a refund approximately 8 weeks after we receive the information requested above. The refund will be done directly on credit card. If the credit card is expired, a cheque will be issued.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-can.asp#tab1

Francine
Agent #3434
Citizenship and Immigration Canada[/b]

Thanks alot....Appreciate
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

You go on visiting.. ..cash remains the main thing from my angle.

Easy Ferdimako. Living in the western world legally and visiting for a while are 2 totally different things. Am sure there are people on here who are well traveled. My humble self inclusive. For your stage in life, it's only about the money. Let's see if 10 years down the line with a wife, children and more life experiences you'll still have the same opinion. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
MrsDGN:

Easy Ferdimako. Living in the western world legally and visiting for a while are 2 totally different things. Am sure there are people on here who are well traveled. My humble self inclusive. For your stage in life, it's only about the money. Let's see if 10 years down the line with a wife, children and more life experiences you'll still have the same opinion. tongue grin
Yes oh...if I'm making major cash here...family can live where ever they want.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

You are thinking outside the box.. sexywale was saying a guy that has made money landed forfeiting his job for the unknown... and can't describe the amount on him. I know sb who builds at least two houses every year,travels every time...doesn't even wanna hear I wld like to relocate. So if u claim insecurity...that is pple wanna kill u..fine. But for general insecurity and poor infrastructure when u make money here...kai...it is hard to believe. Mad decisions are made for mere PR anyway!
its saxy and not sexy ... grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1207983/missing-oluwatoyin-akanbi-found-dead

The guy on that thread was a year my senior at OAU, he has 1st class BSc. Engineering Physics, Distinction MSc. Reservoir Engineering from Herriot Watt university. Works as a petroleum engineer with Chevron. Yet he was killed by armed robbers all because of a 2008 Toyota Highlander that 19years old kids are driving abroad with peace of mind. This is a guy with bright future, has 2 kids not even up to 3 years of age.

Another friend of mine from OAU, Engr. Lanre fashesin was kidnapped from a construction site he was working on in Edo state in 2012 and has not been found till date.

http://lindaikeji..com.es/2012/12/engr-lanre-fashesin-still-missing.html?m=1

You see, this is just two out of many in Nigeria. That is why money is not everything in life. In Africa and Asia, you get extra pay with your job cos to oyinbo standard, all those places are high risk area and the juicy package comes at a cost, sometimes paying with your live.

The guy who moved from GE by the way, said he only missed his 13th month salary he usually gets in Nigeria.

And to the other guy that mentioned Iraq. Why would I go to Iraq to get kidnapped by ISIS/ISIL cos of money that I can make elsewhere even if it's lower but with peace of mind.

Anyway, bye bye to financial services, I got my first engineering job(O&G) in 8 years and resuming on Monday.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hotstepper:

Don't mind ferdimanko for making it look so simple. If my wife had not applied for this program in 2011, it may have been too late because pharmacy had not been included in the MI instructions again since 2011.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

its saxy and not sexy ... grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1207983/missing-oluwatoyin-akanbi-found-dead

The guy on that thread was a year my senior at OAU, he has 1st class BSc. Engineering Physics, Distinction MSc. Reservoir Engineering from Herriot Watt university. Works as a petroleum engineer with Chevron. Yet he was killed by armed robbers all because of a 2008 Toyota Highlander that 19years old kids are driving abroad with peace of mind.
You see, this is just one out of many in Nigeria.
That is why money is not everything in life. The guy who moved from GE by the way, said he only missed his 13th month salary he usually gets in Nigeria.

And to the other guy that mentioned Iraq. Why would I go to Iraq to get kidnapped by ISIS/ISIL cos of money that I can make elsewhere even if it's lower but with peace of mind.

Anyway, bye bye to financial services, I got my first engineering job(O&G) in 8 years and resuming on Monday.

Hi saxy.

The guy in Iraq has been working there since Sadam's time. For him, his family needs to be on a safe side while he works hard for the cash.
You say Iraq, I tell you, he is earning close to 1.55 times the amount his mates in ExxonMobil, Chevron or Total are earning, not to mention Shell.
He's got free accommodation and only feeds when he's off their facility. I.e. just say 12-14 days a month.
I'm not doubting whatever uou are saying, that's why I've always said "these are my observations and opinions".
I fully respect yours.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
Saxywale

I feel you

I heard of that chevron guy..young and sad
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
Meritl:

Hi saxy.

The guy in Iraq has been working there since Sadam's time. For him, his family needs to be on a safe side while he works hard for the cash.
You say Iraq, I tell you, he is earning close to 1.55 times the amount his mates in ExxonMobil, Chevron or Total are earning, not to mention Shell.

I'm not doubting whatever uou are saying, that's why I've always said "these are my observations and opinions".
I fully respect yours.

I believe and totally respect your observations. You know, over here too in Canada, I have heard of Nigerian engineers relocating to middle east to work after collecting their Canadian passport. This was one of our discussions at the last get together party I went to. One even said one of their pastors at a redeem church in calgary was relocating to Saudi Arabia to work for Saudi Aramco. Everyone the world over know Asia is where the big money is, then Africa comes second..

But to me, that is why I said money is not everything in life. In Africa and Asia, you get extra pay with your job cos to oyinbo standard, all those places are high risk area and the juicy package comes at a cost, sometimes paying with your life.

The other day, I saw an online advertisement posted by ISIS for a Power engineer grin. It was a joke posted by the site administrator though...If it wasn't a joke, some Nigerians would still apply and create a thread on Nairaland to ask about quality of life in Syria grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

Don't mind ferdimanko for making it look so simple. If my wife had not applied for this program in 2011, it may have been too late because pharmacy had not been included in the MI instructions again since 2011.
haha saxy...we are opening everyone's eye. Different situation for different guys...someone must have learnt from this, I tell u. Good to know u weren't the PA...many guys don't make public. haha
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

haha saxy...we are opening everyone's eye. Different situation for different guys...someone must have learnt from this I tell u. Good to know u weren't the PA...many guys don't make public. haha
I wasn't ooo. my wife was the PA while I was her consultant..., she still owes me for services rendered though grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.