Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827636 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2014
Hello dear experienced ones in the house,

I am looking forward to sending my application package tmrw morning by God's grace via Fedex as their office is jst close by to me. I made some enquiries at their office on friday and they claimed it would take 3 to 4 working days to get to canada, not sure how true this is anyway. Please I would truly appreciate your advices if there is any reason why I shouldn't use Fedex considering the short time frame left and I am very much open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 11:56am On Dec 21, 2014
Thnx a lot, twas my system dat had issues. I've used another and validated it now.

zeelo2014:

Can't recollect exactly how the generic form is. But I think u're only meant to put just AB, remove the Calgary and validate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by peter1994(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
.good evening good people of nairaland.
please is this Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program an anual thing or it is just once

my apologies in advance (for asking such a silly question)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
peter1994:
.good evening good people of nairaland.
please is this Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program an anual thing or it is just once
my apologies in advance (for asking such a silly question)
Not a silly question but seems it's coming late.
It used to be annual program but the FSWP as it is now has been realistically brought to an end with the introduction of the express entry program which present another form of guidelines and instructions slightly from the FSWP.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by peter1994(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
damkollins:

N
Cheers
thank you. i google it and found http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
i will soon graduate from uni. (by God's Grace with a 1st class in chemical Engrn)
.will i be eligible to apply on completion of my studies, or i need some kind of work experience
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
peter1994:

thank you. i google it and found http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
i will soon graduate from uni. (by God's Grace with a 1st class in chemical Engrn)
.will i be eligible to apply on completion of my studies, or i need some kind of work experience

You'll be able to apply for the new package called EXPRESS ENTRY.
The Federal Skilled Workers program is ending on the 31st of December 2014.

So get ready for Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by peter1994(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Meritl:

You'll be able to apply for the new package called EXPRESS ENTRY.
The Federal Skilled Workers program is ending on the 31st of December 2014.

So get ready for Express Entry.
thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
damkollins:

Not a silly question but seems it's coming late.
It used to be annual program but the FSWP as it is now has been realistically brought to an end with the introduction of the express entry program which present another form of guidelines and instructions slightly from the FSWP.
Cheers

@damkollins I sent u a pm, need urgent reply, please
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ Damkollins

Pls wats ur advice on d fastest n safest courier route at d moment?

Thanks

Kevinoh:
Hello dear experienced ones in the house,

I am looking forward to sending my application package tmrw morning by God's grace via Fedex as their office is jst close by to me. I made some enquiries at their office on friday and they claimed it would take 3 to 4 working days to get to canada, not sure how true this is anyway. Please I would truly appreciate your advices if there is any reason why I shouldn't use Fedex considering the short time frame left and I am very much open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please my people, how do I get started for this Express entry against January 2015. I am new here and I will like to move my family down. I have HND Computer Engineering with close to 7 years of experience....Please assist me on what I need to get ready before registration starts...God bless ...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2014
matmat:
Please my people, how do I get started for this Express entry against January 2015. I am new here and I will like to move my family down. I have HND Computer Engineering with close to 7 years of experience....Please assist me on what I need to get ready before registration starts...God bless ...

First up, you need to write IELTS.
Then you need to evaluate your certificate.
For more info, please read the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 1:23am On Dec 22, 2014
Try and get your HND assessed by WES Canada and also sit for IELTS.
My two pence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 2:17am On Dec 22, 2014
Will my wife needs to write the same IELTS too ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:42am On Dec 22, 2014
Highlyfavoured3:

@damkollins I sent u a pm, need urgent reply, please
Not sure you send any PM to me.
I just sent you one now....you can respond with your query.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2014
Kevinoh:
@ Damkollins
Pls wats ur advice on d fastest n safest courier route at d moment?
Thanks
Most of the courier services will always promise 4 working days maximum even though it gets to 5 days mostly.
Whichever one you intend to use doesn't really matter since you're sending this morning ....we still have 6 working days left in this year including today.
I asked a close buddy of mine working in Akin Adesola branch of DHL nd he also said 4 days.
To be on safe side of caution ,intending applicants hoping to meet 31st December deadline should send it latest Tuesday 23rd December,2014 morning.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2014
I do not intend for us to open another thread for express entry so I guess we can still maintain this thread to discuss it..
Natuarally,FSWP query will phase out when Express entry start...
For those that may be intersted in express entry(the earlier the better),I suggest you start your preparations now.....
Please find the link below to calculate your points for the express entry...
http://www.okazi.net/canada/calculator/Express%20entry
This will help you to know your points before applying for it....
Note also that if you do not have provincial nomination or arranged employment,you wont get more than 600 points for now out of the 1200 points maximum...
Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2014
[b]As many that are interested in getting nominated by a province,one of it will open by 2nd January,2015.....be rest assured that the maximum packages will be received within 5 working days so if you want to explore it,I suggest you send your applications early since it has 500 applications CAP..
The good thing is that,you dont need Job offer for it...other provinces normally have.
Please see the link below..
https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/f?p=305:1
User manual link below..
https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=1044621897481142&p_flow_id=305&p_fname=SINPOnlineUserManual2014.pdf
Additional link..
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp
If you are interested and you have all your documents ready...I suggest you send it sometime next week for it to get to the place by 2nd January...trust me,its gonna be competitive because of the no job offer condition.
If you are successful in this,you have a huge 600 points in addition to whatever points you have in Express entry link I shared earlier.
Also note that for this program,IELTS of CLB 4 level is the minimum...
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by austinice4: 9:12am On Dec 22, 2014
Good morning house....

I noticed that the generic application form IMM 008ENU_2D form has a unique code on it when printed. in other words, the set of pages must be sent to the printer once for all pages to have the same unique code.

My question is: if it is wise to submit a set of the IMM008ENU_2D (generic application) form printed at different times? since the pages will have different codes when printed separately.

Why I am asking is that I need to make a correction in one of the pages and it won't be convenient for me to print a pages altogether. But for the codes, I'm a bit worried. Pls house, I need urgent advise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2014
austinice4:
Good morning house....

I noticed that the generic application form IMM 008ENU_2D form has a unique code on it when printed. in other words, the set of pages (i.e page 1 to page cool must be sent to the printer once for all pages to have the same unique code.

My question: is if it wise to submit a set of the IMM008ENU_2D (generic application) form printed at different times? since the pages will have different codes when printed separately.

Even though your questions don't seems to be clear to me,I will advice you that you should just validate your generic form just before printing out for uniformity sake.
The last two operations you should perform on your generic for after filling it is..
*Validate
*Print out.
If you make any mistake after printing out,just get to the form again,make your corrections,validate it again and print out again.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2014
damkollins:
[b]As many that are interested in getting nominated by a province,one of it will open by 2nd January,2015.....be rest assured that the maximum packages will be received within 5 working days so if you want to explore it,I suggest you send your applications early since it has 500 applications CAP..
The good thing is that,you dont need Job offer for it...other provinces normally have.
User manual link below..
https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=1044621897481142&p_flow_id=305&p_fname=SINPOnlineUserManual2014.pdf
Additional link..
If you are interested and you have all your documents ready...I suggest you send it sometime next week for it to get to the place by 2nd January...trust me,its gonna be competitive because of the no job offer condition.
If you are successful in this,you have a huge 600 points in addition to whatever points you have in Express entry link I shared earlier.
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5
Cheers.[/b]

Gone through the link you provided. It appears to me that the mode of application is online.......scan and upload documents.
Correct me if I am missing something pls
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2014
damkollins:

Please send your application package latest Monday .....we have 6 working days left in the year.
To tell you the truth ,courier services can't guarantee delivery in 4 working days so you need to be proactive .
Cheers

Ok thank you, ill do that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2014
well, i sent in my application via dhl on Friday 2pm, they assured me it will arrive in canada today. as at 7.30am it just arrived London heathrow, so i doubt if it will get to Canada today. the key thing is submitting early to beat the 31st deadline. i think all courier services are the same right about now. just saying
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2014
no ooo. you have to put the state and province. if u choose Alberta(AB) u need to add where in alberta u want to go (calgary). and why is everyone choosing alberta, calgary? any BC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2014
damkollins:
User manual link below..
Additional link..
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5
Cheers.[/b]

Thank you very much. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Dreambeat: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hello damkollins and others.Kudos to you for your good work.Is it advisable for one to submit a document showing the value of a landed property as a proof of fund?Will the Canadian authority accept it?Is there any particular valuer(s) whose certificate is acceptable as against others?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
seunlovesa:

Gone through the link you provided. It appears to me that the mode of application is on line.......scan and upload documents.
Correct me if I am missing something pls
Yes....but its better to get everything ready before that date.
Interested applicants should not wait till that day to fill the form online.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dreambeat:
Hello damkollins and others.Kudos to you for your good work.Is it advisable for one to submit a document showing the value of a landed property as a proof of fund?Will the Canadian authority accept it?Is there any particular valuer(s) whose certificate is acceptable as against others?
Please see the acceptable proof of fund models...in the attached pix.
Your RSA pension can also suffix at the submission stage.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Dreambeat: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
damkollins:

Please see the acceptable proof of fund models...in the attached pix.
Your RSA pension can also suffix at the submission stage.
Cheers.
Thanx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laraode: 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
princessayinke:
well, i sent in my application via dhl on Friday 2pm, they assured me it will arrive in canada today. as at 7.30am it just arrived London heathrow, so i doubt if it will get to Canada today. the key thing is submitting early to beat the 31st deadline. i think all courier services are the same right about now. just saying

It's on track, from London it will get to CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA, once it is at this hub, the next place will be Canada.
it will get there i believe and please be hopeful, pray and be positive
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
damkollins:
User manual link below..
Additional link..
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5
Cheers.[/b]
damkollins, I thinks this particular one will be filled on line or is it paper application too
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
tola73:
damkollins, I thinks this particular one will be filled on line or is it paper application too

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has always been an online application process.It is advisable to register NOW,upload the requisite documents and wait for the appropriate time to click on the SUBMIT button.

Details here http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
solomonwis:

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has always been an online application process.It is advisable to register NOW,upload the requisite documents and wait for the appropriate time to click on the SUBMIT button.

Details here http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp
thanks solomonwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.