Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827595 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Phemmie72:
Kindly advise on the province where one can settle in Canada. Though, I knew somebody in Ontario but, I want to weigh the options of knowing and not knowing somebody in Canada at all. Thanks.
It depends largely on ur profession, where u'll have more opportunities. Having a relation or friend that is willing to guide u for like a week is a big factor as well.
If u're into Financial sector - ontario
Oil and Gas- Alberta and Sask
Agriculture- Manitoba
Gold and Mineral mining -Yukon territory
shipping- Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, BC.
Also consider the weather too, BC has the fairest climate.
Consider Taxes and cost of living too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mcphems123: 5:05am On Jan 27, 2015
Just got charged.
Dec 3 application
NOC 1212

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 5:36am On Jan 27, 2015
mcphems123:
Just got charged.
Dec 3 application
NOC 1212

Con-congratulations! Oya join the queue
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:11am On Jan 27, 2015
guy1234:
@ solomonwis @ damkollins @ all

HELP HELP HELPP !!!!!!!

Hello guys.

Am a fswp 2014 applicant. Already received PER . I am considering marrying my fiancée, but she would be a non-accompanying spouse. I want to get settled first before I bring her in.

What are the processes of bringing a formerly non-accompanying spouse in under a fsw application ?

Do I have to go through a fresh family class application?

You will have to go through the route called {Family} Sponsorship. Please ensure you keep documentary evidence of your relationship (Photo,email exchange,funds transfer,certificates,etc) as you'd be asked for all these documents and many more to prove the authenticity your relationship. Family sponsorship is usually a tasking route to take especially in this part of the world where we rarely keep documentary evidence of event.

Remember,it all depends on when you intend getting married to your spouse. If you get married to her prior to the finalization of the FSW application process and you fail to bring this to the attention of your visa office,you will be automatically disqualified. If you get married after the finalization of your application,you will have a lot to prove to show yours is not a marriage of convenience (and a lot goes into this).

If you can now,get married and include your spouse (when you eventually get married before the finalization of your FSW application). Both of you can land or one of you can land and then return back to the country as you have an average of between 10 to 6 months between the issuance of your PR visa and the expiration of the visa (period before you must land).

You need to weigh the pros and the cons.

On a personal note,why don't you want to get married now and include your spouse in your application? - Canadian girls are beautiful ooo,they can make you forget "home",the same goes for Canadian men cheesy cheesy cheesy.Including her is not the same as landing with her. The principal applicant can land first while the accompanying spouse can land later before the expiration date on the PR visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

You will have to go through the route called {Family} Sponsorship. Please ensure you keep documentary evidence of your relationship (Photo,email exchange,funds transfer,certificates,etc) as you'd be asked for all these documents and many more to prove the authenticity your relationship. Family sponsorship is usually a tasking route to take especially in this part of the world where we rarely keep documentary evidence of event.

Remember,it all depends on when you intend getting married to your spouse. If you get married to her prior to the finalization of the FSW application process and you fail to bring this to the attention of your visa office,you will be automatically disqualified. If you get married after the finalization of your application,you will have a lot to prove to show yours is not a marriage of convenience (and a lot goes into this).

If you can now,get married and include your spouse (when you eventually get married before the finalization of your FSW application). Both of you can land or one of you can land and then return back to the country as you have an average of between 10 to 6 months between the issuance of your PR visa and the expiration of the visa (period before you must land).

You need to weigh the pros and the cons.

On a personal note,why don't you want to get married now and include your spouse in your application? - Canadian girls are beautiful ooo,they can make you forget "home",the same goes for Canadian men cheesy cheesy cheesy.Including her is not the same as landing with her. The principal applicant can land first while the accompanying spouse can land later before the expiration date on the PR visa.
Thanks for this piece Solomon. But what if guy1234 informs AVO of marriage but filled that the wife as a dependant won't be accompanying him to Canada. Will it be easy for the wife to join him after 2yrs?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:15am On Jan 27, 2015
technolee:
Thanks for this piece Solomon. But what if guy1234 informs AVO of marriage but filled that the wife as a dependant won't be accompanying him to Canada. Will it be easy for the wife to join him after 2yrs?

It is not just going to be on the basis of believing,you have to prove beyond doubt that your prior "information" is not an avenue for a marriage of convenience. You also have to state the reason(s) for non-accompanying spouse not accompanying the PA to Canada. If you'd then need to sponsor such spouse in the future,the reason(s) will be examined and documentary evidence provided.

Altogether,it is not difficult when you have documentary evidence that the marriage is not that of convenience and that both parties still communicate as husband and wife even when they live in different countries. The onus therefore is on the parties involved to provide evidence proving the marriage is not fake.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 8:19am On Jan 27, 2015
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 8:23am On Jan 27, 2015
mcphems123:
Just got charged.
Dec 3 application
NOC 1212

Congrats my fellow NOC 1212....PER is next in line as you look forward to landing in Canada..by the way where are you headed to in Canada.[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.

As a FSW Class PR,you are not restricted on where to settle.

Health Cover differs from province to province.Some provinces such as Saskatchewan will grant you your health card and access to health facilities immediately you land but most provinces will require you to wait for a minimum period of 3 months before you can be granted access to health facilities in the province. Please note also that moving from one province to another comes with its challenges. You will not be automatically granted access to health facilities in your new province if you decide to move to anther province (and this applies to Saskatchewan too!) You will have a waiting period of a minimum 3 months before you can gain access to health facilities.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:

Congrats my fellow NOC 1212....PER is next in line as you look forward to landing in Canada..by the way where are you headed to in Canada.[b][/b]

I didn't know NOC 1212 plenty like this o, i submitted my application though Dec 13.
I guess in 2 months time at the latest, i should be expecting my debit too.
All the best guys!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:
Hi Everyone,
I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.
Pally, who are you listening to?I know at least 2 people that moved from Toronto claiming there were no jobs and the other one said that it was too choked.
Sask in my opinion is a better deal for you, people run away because of the cold there but you get people there and it will help you.I have a younger friend who moved from BC to Sask because of better job opportunities, so, make the best of where you find yourself, you be naija, even if na few jobs dey, go get it!
That 3 months free accommodation is ok for you to get a job and settle down,even if no be the particular one you want.
My piece of advice!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2015
akanni:

I didn't know NOC 1212 plenty like this o, i submitted my application though Dec 13.
I guess in 2 months time at the latest, i should be expecting my debit too.
All the best guys!!

@Akanni...lol...our NOC 1212 is a cold noc...if the process was allowed to end April 2015 as initially as against the 31st Dec 2014..NOC 1212 will stil not be filled up or meet the cap....na people wey get reject from some like 1112 run come our room.o.o.o come dey hassle space with us...hahahaha...it is well Akanni..we will al get there....where are you heading to in Canada.[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

As a FSW Class PR,you are not restricted on where to settle.

Health Cover differs from province to province.Some provinces such as Saskatchewan will grant you your health card and access to health facilities immediately you land but most provinces will require you to wait for a minimum period of 3 months before you can beg ranted access to health facilities in the province. Please note also that moving from one province to another comes with its challenges. You will not be automatically granted access to health facilities in your new province if you decide to move to anther province (and this applies to Saskatchewan too!) You will have a waiting period of a minimum 3 months before you can gain access to health facilities.

Thanks my oga Solomonwise for this piece..one doesn't know until he ask...at least i have gained somethings from what you said...as per the other issue about Toronto(no relative) and Saskatoon(relative is there)...what do you advise i do.Thanks[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:

@Akanni...lol...our NOC 1212 is a cold noc...if the process was allowed to end April 2015 as initially as against the 31st Dec 2014..NOC 1212 will stil not be filled up or meet the cap....na people wey get reject from some like 1112 run come our room.o.o.o come dey hassle space with us...hahahaha...it is well Akanni..we will al get there....where are you heading to in Canada.[b][/b]

Hahahahaha,mine was legit NOC 1212 sha o.Its all gud jare, make we dey see as things dey unfold.
Initially planned to go Manitoba, i get plenty people there that will help in settling, however, i got admission for a program in Alberta so, will settle in Alberta.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 8:46am On Jan 27, 2015
akanni:

Pally, who are you listening to?I know at least 2 people that moved from Toronto claiming there were no jobs and the other one said that it was too choked.
Sask in my opinion is a better deal for you, people run away because of the cold there but you get people there and it will help you.I have a younger friend who moved from BC to Sask because of better job opportunities, so, make the best of where you find yourself, you be naija, even if na few jobs dey, go get it!
That 3 months free accommodation is ok for you to get a job and settle down,even if no be the particular one you want.
My piece of advice!

Thanks Akanni...thats why the forum is here to help us....i think you are very right cos many said Sask has cold to much like Winnipeg but people wey dey there never die of cold finish na....that accommodation thing at least for 3 months is what i will go for..one can always move to another province when he settle fully and understand Canada[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:

Thanks Akanni...thats why the forum is here to help us....i think you are very right cos many said Sask has cold to much like Winnipeg but people wey dey there never die of cold finish na....that accommodation thing at least for 3 months is what i will go for..one can always move to another province when he settle fully and understand Canada[b][/b]

Best deal o my brother, you can use those 3 months arrange yourself well, get you SIN, health card, sort out d kids school, wifey and your job and know where to go and get things done.If after a year or two, you decide you wanna move, it will be either because things no gel after your hustles or you see better job opening elsewhere and you don do interview o!!lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by guy1234: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

It is not just going to be on the basis of believing,you have to prove beyond doubt that your prior "information" is not an avenue for a marriage of convenience. You also have to state the reason(s) for non-accompanying spouse not accompanying the PA to Canada. If you'd then need to sponsor such spouse in the future,the reason(s) will be examined and documentary evidence provided.

Altogether,it is not difficult when you have documentary evidence that the marriage is not that of convenience and that both parties still communicate as husband and wife even when they live in different countries. The onus therefore is on the parties involved to provide evidence proving the marriage is not fake.

Thanks to @solomonwis and @technolee

What if I have included her as non-accompanying, with probable cause, and I can also prove the genuinety of the relationship.

When we are ready to be in Canada together, what do we need to do?

Do we have to tow the same path as if for a new family class application, or has the fsw application containing her as non-accompanying covered her??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:

Thanks my oga Solomonwise for this piece..one doesn't know until he ask...at least i have gained somethings from what you said...as per the other issue about Toronto(no relative) and Saskatoon(relative is there)...what do you advise i do.Thanks[b][/b]

Cities such as Toronto,Vancouver,etc are not the best for people who are new PR except you have a family there,you have a job waiting for you,you already have a property there or you have large sum of money you don't intend to invest. Apart from the weather which is friendly,the beautiful scenery and the much touted "Jobs for professionals" (a popular fallacy) being in abundance,you will end up spending a lot on accommodation and upkeep! So if you're new in the country,living in the big cities might not be the best. It doesn't mean people who decide to live in these places don't succeed but it takes a great deal of effort and zeal.

Saskatoon and Regina (both in Saskatchewan) are very attractive cities with loads of job opportunities,yes loads of them. Weather is not too unfriendly like what you have in "Winnterpeg" (Winnipeg actually).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 9:09am On Jan 27, 2015
akanni:

Hahahahaha,mine was legit NOC 1212 sha o.Its all gud jare, make we dey see as things dey unfold.
Initially planned to go Manitoba, i get plenty people there that will help in settling, however, i got admission for a program in Alberta so, will settle in Alberta.

wow..thats nice..which school is that in Alberta...and hows the tuition cos am looking at my wife going for her MBA too...[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2015
guy1234:

Thanks to @solomonwis and @technolee

What if I have included her as non-accompanying, with probable cause, and I can also prove the genuinety of the relationship.

When we are ready to be in Canada together, what do we need to do?

Do we have to tow the same path as if for a new family class application, or has the fsw application containing her as non-accompanying covered her??

Yes,this will be a new application under family class. As at January ,it takes an average of 16 months to process this class from when the application is received by the visa office. This is aside the average waiting period of 85 days for which the sponsor will be assessed. Your FSW will not come into the picture here as the application will be treated on its merit. As a matter of fact the FCU (Family Class Unit) will treat the application unlike the ECU (Economic Class Unit) that treats application under FSW Class.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:

wow..thats nice..which school is that in Alberta...and hows the tuition cos am looking at my wife going for her MBA too...[b][/b]

It's a diploma program,just wanted to enhance my practical experience in Agriculture.
Better let her do an MBA in USASK.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

Cities such as Toronto,Vancouver,etc are not the best for people who are new PR except you have a family there,you have a job waiting for you,you already have a property there or you have large sum of money you don't intend to invest. Apart from the weather which is friendly,the beautiful scenery and the much touted "Jobs for professionals" (a popular fallacy) being in abundance,you will end up spending a lot on accommodation and upkeep! So if you're new in the country,living in the big cities might not be the best. It doesn't mean people who decide to live in these places don't succeed but it takes a great deal of effort and zeal.

Saskatoon and Regina (both in Saskatchewan) are very attractive cities with loads of job opportunities,yes loads of them. Weather is not too unfriendly like what you have in "Winnterpeg" (Winnipeg actually).

@Solomonwise...Thanks so much ...you have lifted my spirit and to Sask i head by Gods grace...waiting for MR from AVO.....lol@Winnterpeg...thats so funny but true..i have a canadian friend we bleong to same NGO ans she has been trying to persuade me to settle in Winnipeg...offered me accomodation too and even have talked to some of our fellow NGO members in Winnipeg about jobs for me...iwe were all together in Germany late last year for an annual congress of the NGO.But i prefer Sask.[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 9:50am On Jan 27, 2015
folanic:
HI House! Please I send my application to this address last week in December

: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada.

Can anybody advise me ..I saw the address on the their website for the application.. But I saw different address on the people account on this forum....I am waiting for your comment...
Did u use a courier company to send? That address is used when u're sending thru the post office. Hopefully it will still get there, it's obvious u're sending it to CIO.

I used UPS courier to send it to the address ....Thank you very much guy ..Keep you posted .

Hi. Your question has already been answered earlier. However i would still do.
The address you sent your application to is the one for those sending their application through regular mail and not courier. However, it should have been delivered by now. It is herefore important to track the package with your tracking number or call their office to conform if it has been delivered.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2015
mcphems123:
Just got charged.
Dec 3 application
NOC 1212

Congrats bro. PER is your next bus stop.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2015
Hello House

My hubby who is the principal applicant has
Listening - 6
Reading -6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 7
Overall - 6.5

Mine is
Listening - 5.5
Reading - 6
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 6.5
Overall band score - 6.0

Please are we good to go for the EE?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

Hello Solomonwis I know this particular topic have been trashed but I am asking for clarity.
I applied as a single applicant in November but got married in December. I just got debitted but yet to have a PER.
When is the ideal time to inform AVO of the latest development? Is it now or after receiving my PER?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lots of December 4th has been charged and nothing yet for my side embarassed
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
December 5th are being charged
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
6680. sftt: Quote Post
Hello House

Listening - 6
Reading -6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 7
Overall - 6.5

Mine is
Listening - 5.5
Reading - 6
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 6.5
Overall band score - 6.0

Solomowise...I dey wait...abeg
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nbogu: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
hi all. please has any madonna university student completed his/her degree evaluation with wes or any other cic approved credential evaluation agency.

i tried the wes free evaluationn tool but couldn't find madonna university among the nigerian listed institution.

i will appreciate a response
thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nbogu:
hi all. please has any madonna university student completed his/her degree evaluation with wes or any other cic approved credential evaluation agency.

i tried the wes free evaluationn tool but couldn't find madonna university among the nigerian listed institution.

i will appreciate a response
thanks
You may need to explore other evaluating bodies options.
But you can send email to contactca@wes.org to be sure.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
sftt:
6680. sftt: Quote Post
Hello House

Listening - 6
Reading -6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 7
Overall - 6.5

Mine is
Listening - 5.5
Reading - 6
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 6.5
Overall band score - 6.0

Solomowise...I dey wait...abeg
Yes...you are good to go.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.