Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827657 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by drealsheggs: 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
@Anticabal, please can you please help me out on IELTS exams, how difficult it is , what are the success tips to writing the exams, where can i get past question papers that i can use for preparation.....thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Marvinsam:
Hello

Am currently applying to WES for academic evaluation. My question is that do I need to send both my master degree as well as my B.sc for evaluation?

thanks

Will advice you send your Master degree only
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by spelljedi: 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hi.. i am a newbie here. I find this forum very much interesting.

I just want to ask why we are not getting email from cic.ca. We send our application FSW last november 2014 and still no response from their side? Does it mean, we don’t have a chance to be on their list? What took it so long? We are currently residing and working in UAE. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hi Damkollins, Solomonwise.

I've sent a message to Accra via the dedicated link informing them of my change of Job.
I actually sent the message since Saturday but, I've not gotten a reply from them.

What do you guys think.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
drealsheggs:
@Anticabal, please can you please help me out on IELTS exams, how difficult it is , what are the success tips to writing the exams, where can i get past question papers that i can use for preparation.....thanks.

Ielts is a simple exam but don't underrate it. Prepare as much as you can. There are lots of practice questions online and u can also get from this forum at request. For the speaking you can subscribe to ielts-blog for likely questions. Speaking questions can be repeated. You can practice by speaking to yourself or writing your thoughts down. Dont give straight answers. Always give reasons or description for your answers. For the listening, try to follow the story don't get lost. Skip anyone you did not hear just try not to get lost. For the writing, just be good with descriptive letter and argumentative essay. That's often the writing questions. The reading is the toughest. Do a lot of practice so you really understand what is expected.
Above all practice practice practice.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 2:42am On Jan 29, 2015
Hi guys, what does Express Entry for Canadian PR mean?
Is the EE procedure more difficult compared to FSW?
Can i say that of all of the applicants that arrived by 31 Dec 2014 mean that those are the last applicants to apply for FSW Canadian PR?
Which one would you rather choose: FSW 2014 or through EE?

I was in a hurry to get my application prepared and delivered prior to Jan 1st '15 because I thought the immigration procedure in Canada would get tougher, more difficult and more selective rather than easier and less selective.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
I have three children and I am thinking that my wife and I could go to Canada first, make the kids non accompany until when we are a little settled and come for them afterwards, what do you advise in respect to its advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks.

zeelo2014:

Considering ur business and ur wife's job, Ontario won't be a bad idea to start from, though cost of living is relatively high. BC is great but very expensive. If u're considering low tax, Alberta will be great plus it has the lowest combined tax rate (federal + provincial tax).
I'll suggest u go to the jobbank.gc.ca then look out for most demanded jobs in each province, that will give u an idea.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gentleiphy: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Phemmie72:
I have three children and I am thinking that my wife and I could go to Canada first, make the kids non accompany until when we are a little settled and come for them afterwards, what do you advise in respect to its advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks.

I think its best you land with your kids...if what you are scared of is about their school..believe me Canada has the best provision pertaining to kids education..i learnt(still confirm from landed seniors here) that some child benefits are offered by some province to support you even when you have no job yet.Land with all your family,face the tide once as per the kids adapting to new life and rest..that's my own opinion though [b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks a lot for the advice.

gentleiphy:

I think its best you land with your kids...if what you are scared of is about their school..believe me Canada has the best provision pertaining to kids education..i learnt(still confirm from landed seniors here) that some child benefits are offered by some province to support you even when you have no job yet.Land with all your family,face the tide once as per the kids adapting to new life and rest..that's my own opinion though [b][/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaraman(m): 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
MY spouse has just been charged,application received december 9th,2014.

charged today 29th jan 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
zaraman:

Congrats...

My application also got there Dec 9th but yet to be charged ooooo.

I pray that my own to be charged ooo
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hi All,

Just to let you know that my GTB MCard was charged yesterday, 28 Jan. 2015. My FSW (NOC 2241) application was received on 05 Dec. 2014.

Keep you posted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sleekjaguar:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that my GTB MCard was charged yesterday, 28 Jan. 2015. My FSW (NOC 2241) application was received on 05 Dec. 2014.

Keep you posted.

Congrats....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
lipsrsealed I'm about to blow up with anxiety, Fingers crossed expecting my CC charge for Dec 11th app! Strange thing is, i've been very calm until today. Congrats guys
zaraman:

Sleekjaguar:
Hi All,
Keep you posted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
zaraman:

Congrat
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sleekjaguar:
Hi All,

Keep you posted.

Congrat
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rattlesnake(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Seems you can't get express entry except u have a job
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LOBOFC: 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Good afternoon folks,

Please I need your expert advise. I want to appply under the express entry with my wife. She did the IELTS English test with an average score of 6.50 and minimum of 5 in listening. I, as the principal applicant, got an average of 7.5 with minium of 6.50 in writing.

Question 1 - Can i go ahead with the application?
Question 2 - Does my wife need to rewrite the exam bearing in mind that she is not the principal applicant?

Kindly assist with guidance.

Regards,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Wow! I'm loving the new speed @ which peeps are getting debited.
@ Dec 31st hopefuls/deadline narrow escape applicants, ours may even come earlier than expected.
LOL @ Congrat!!! Am dropping mine next; We need more good newzes grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
If CC is charged for C$550 means a PER is guaranteed or there is a possibility for an NER (negative review)?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
LOBOFC:
Good afternoon folks,

Please I need your expert advise. I want to appply under the express entry with my wife. She did the IELTS English test with an average score of 6.50 and minimum of 5 in listening. I, as the principal applicant, got an average of 7.5 with minium of 6.50 in writing.

Question 2 - Does my wife need to rewrite the exam bearing in mind that she is not the principal applicant?

Regards,

You are good to go in my own opinion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Danchiks(m): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dear Forumites, I have a friend who applied for FSW 2014. But she forgot to check the checklist for documents and forms submitted. What can she do now as her sister in Canada told her that it's too late to submit and that even though she submits, it will not be accepted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ioi74(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
bro i have visited the site and checked eligibility, i got to a stage where i was asked about the test, am i to take the test before proceeding ?..Also i am thinking my wife should be the principal applicant because she works in a bank while i am an entrepreneur.. Kindly advise

solomonwis:

Yes,you can apply for both but when registering on EE,make sure your intended province of residence is the same with Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Preston2012: 12:09am On Jan 30, 2015
Good evening everyone, I am happy to announce the receipt of MR from Accra on 27th jan. My timeline is as follows.
12th may 2014 -application received <( FSWP 2014)
26/8/14 - PER received
27/1/2015 - MR letter received.

However i need clarifications on the issues below; solomonwise/damkollins and all the gurus

1. I recently put to bed early Jan 2015 and currently out of the country. However I am required to do the medical test within 30 days. Can I ask for extension or do it abroad ( will the result get to Accra).

2. How do I notify /include my baby in the processing

3. Is the RPRF fees required for me, hubby and baby?

4. Can I pay for RPRF using my naira MasterCard ?

5. What documents/forms do I need to send to Accra for baby inclusion?

6. De we require medical test/ police report for baby?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 5:58am On Jan 30, 2015
shabbey09:
Its a good sign, now you'll wait for you PER(positive eligibility review) mail from CIC. Check ur inbox and spam regularly but with the recent trend you should receive the mail in about a month(max).
Patience is the name of this game!!

When did your application reach CIC?

Bro Shabbey09, if the account is deducted for C$550, does it mean that PER is guaranteed or there is still a possibility i will receive an NER (negative review)?

Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 6:33am On Jan 30, 2015
LOBOFC:
Good afternoon folks,

Regards,
you need to write ielts again. Minimum score is 6 across all test. Your wife too can write to givemore points
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:03am On Jan 30, 2015
ioi74:
bro i have visited the site and checked eligibility, i got to a stage where i was asked about the test, am i to take the test before proceeding ?..Also i am thinking my wife should be the principal applicant because she works in a bank while i am an entrepreneur.. Kindly advise
Yes...you need to have done your IELTS test and evaluation of your certification before you can make forward movement.....Unless of course you want to assume your scores.
Meanwhile,It will be better if your wifey is the principal applicant.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:08am On Jan 30, 2015
skidmarkz:

Bro Shabbey09, if the account deducted for C$550, does it mean that PER is guaranteed or there is still a possibility i will receive an NER (negative review)?

Thx

If you are debited, it means that you'll most likely get a PER. Only rare cases can a NER be issued after debiting.

So be happy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Preston2012:
Good evening everyone, I am happy to announce the receipt of MR from Accra on 27th jan. My timeline is as follows.
12th may 2014 -application received <( FSWP 2014)
26/8/14 - PER received
27/1/2015 - MR letter received.

However i need clarifications on the issues below; solomonwise/damkollins and all the gurus

1. I recently put to bed early Jan 2015 and currently out of the country. However I am required to do the medical test within 30 days. Can I ask for extension or do it abroad ( will the result get to Accra).

2. How do I notify /include my baby in the processing

3. Is the RPRF fees required for me, hubby and baby?

4. Can I pay for RPRF using my naira MasterCard ?

5. What documents/forms do I need to send to Accra for baby inclusion?

6. De we require medical test/ police report for baby?

Thanks
[b]A hearthy double congratulations for you on the receipt of your medical request nd your new born.
May God give you the resources to be good parents .
1.Yes......you can do it abroad in any CIC approved hospital if you have the financial power to to make it happen.....the result will surely get to Accra.
2.Send a CSE to Accra immediately to notify them on the birth of the baby .......you were actually meant to have notified them immediately after the birth.
Please use the link below as soon as possible.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
3.RPRF is only for you and your spouse ALONE .
4.Yes ...you can pay online .
However,you can make payment online with your Nigerian credit/debit card.You will be expected to register with your email address with the links below because your receipt will be sent to your email address.
After it is sent to your email,you will print it out and include with your documents been sent to Accra office.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=proc&cat=perm
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/disclaimer.do
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/lineofbusiness.do
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/immigrationlist.do
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=8
Ultimately ,what you actually need is the last link but i have listed all the links you will come across before getting to the last link where you will indicate the number of people you'll make payment for.
After this link,once you click on "pay",you will be routed to a link " https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=pay&lang=en" where you will be asked to register your details of email and password where the number receipt will be sent to.But if you have registered before now,you only need to login with your registered email and password.
5.Accra visa office will notify you but obviously ,photocopies of international passports biodata page,birth certificate ,150CAD draft processing fee,passport photographs to mention but few.
6.Baby will do medicals but will not be subjected to what you will do....no xrays or blood tests.They will just ask for medical fees for baby.
Police report is only for people who are 18yrs and above.
Cheers.[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Kollins.. Always ready to help cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.