Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827223 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2015
Hello pple

Pls I need advice from those who have registered with job bank,did u upload your CV if YES then how did u do it.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2015
Oga Solomon,
I have done the eligibility and I got a ref no.

I want to create my UCI account, where do I go from here? Because I landed in an area requesting me to choose my buz partner (debit card no).

Tnx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
damkollins:

This has commenced a while ago....about 8 weeks and I'm not too sure of the closure since it was not specifically mentioned.
Please check your profession if its part of what is need in Novia scotia and apply...You will surel get any information on any opened provincial nomination as soon as its available.
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Nova-Scotia-Demand-Express-Entry-Pilot-Stream-Guidelines-December-2014.pdf
Cheers.

thanks damkollins for your response i appreciate
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sonet: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
Pls house, under Express Entry, is it compulsory that spouse must write IELTS exam?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Dimdeux: 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Has anyone got recommendations on ICAS and WES.

which body is better off to assess one's academic credentials and to give a well detailed result?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Dimdeux: 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
sonet:
Pls house, under Express Entry, is it compulsory that spouse must write IELTS exam?

yes, your spouse MUST write IELTS. else you will not have enough points and therefore not eligible..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
shopaker:
Oga Solomon,
I have done the eligibility and I got a ref no.

I want to create my UCI account, where do I go from here? Because I landed in an area requesting me to choose my buz partner (debit card no).

Tnx

Oga Solomon/Dam

Please guide me on how to reg for my CIC account, I have done the eligibility and they assigned a ref no to me.

Thanks

Oga Solomon ,
I can't enter the value of the date in the GCkey,while trying to create a user ID and password. The date value is not coming up.

Tnx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
Please house, what and what other details do I have to input while registering for the express entry? do I need the PR details of my relative now, as I indicated that I have a relative in Canada during the eligibility test.
Please reply.
Big thanks to all the wise men and women in the house.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
shopaker:

Oga Solomon/Dam

Please guide me on how to reg for my CIC account, I have done the eligibility and they assigned a ref no to me.

Thanks

With the reference number, you can create a profile on EE.

Step 1: See if you may be eligible

You can use our online tool, Come to Canada, to see if you meet the criteria to get into the Express Entry pool. It will take you about 15 minutes.

You will need your language test results, your NOC skill type or level described above and your Education Credential Assessment (ECA).

When you get to the end, a reference number will show on the screen. Write it down. You will need it later when you go to build your profile.

Step 2: Build your online Express Entry profile

If you get a positive result from Come to Canada, it will send you to MyCIC. If you do not already have a MyCIC account, you will need to create one. Then you will fill out an Express Entry profile to tell us about your:
•identity
•contact information
•education in more detail
•work experience in more detail
•language
•family who would come with you to Canada (dependants)

You will need:
•your passport or travel document (or other national identity document, if you do not have one of these)
•your NOC job title and code (see Before you start, above)
•your language test results (either IELTS, CELPIP or TEF)
•your Educational Credential Assessment result, if you have one (see Before you start, above)
•a copy of your written job offer from an employer in Canada, if you have one
•a copy of your provincial nomination, if you have one, and
•your personal reference code from the Come to Canada tool, if you have one. (It looks like this: JM1234567890. We use it to bring the answers you provided in the tool into MyCIC so you do not have to answer the questions again. If you go to the profile builder directly through MyCIC, you will not have one.)

To create your Express Entry profile

1.Follow the instructions to create a MyCIC account if you do not already have one. The system will give you a MyCIC number that you will use each time you sign in.

2.If you have a personal reference code from the Come to Canada tool, enter it when it prompts you. If you do not have a code, go to Step 3.

3.Enter your personal details, work experience, education, etc.
(Note: You may exit the profile at any time. Your information will be saved. But, if you do not complete the Express Entry profile in 60 days, you will not be able to submit it and will have to start again.)

4.Submit your profile online.

If you meet the Express Entry criteria, including the requirements for at least one of the three immigration programs, you will be accepted into the Express Entry pool of candidates. If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, we will tell you at that time which program to apply under.

Important: Submitting an Express Entry profile does not mean you have applied for permanent residence, or that you will be invited to. You have to be invited to apply by CIC, and will then need to give us more information in your application for permanent residence.

Register with Job Bank

To finish your Express Entry profile you must register with the Government of Canada’s Job Bank if you do not already have:
•a valid job offer, or
•a nomination from a province or territory.

Job Bank is an easy, online job search tool which will connect you with employers and jobs in Canada based on your skills and experience.

If you do not register with Job Bank within 30 days your Express Entry profile will expire.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
dober:
Please house, what and what other details do I have to input while registering for the express entry? do I need the PR details of my relative now, as I indicated that I have a relative in Canada during the eligibility test.
Please reply.
Big thanks to all the wise men and women in the house.

You do not need to put in the details of your relatives in Canada but you should endeavor to have this details with you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dimdeux:

which body is better off to assess one's academic credentials and to give a well detailed result?

Thank you

By my own rating, WES is better.

There's nothing like "....a well detailed result", the ECA result is standardized by CIC. You get the result in almost the same format.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Kirri:
Hello pple

Pls I need advice from those who have registered with job bank,did u upload your CV if YES then how did u do it.Thanks

You don't necessarily have to "upload" a CV. You can create one using the resume builder. Except of course, you are looking at prospective employers approaching you for job prospect, it is not mandatory to create a resume.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
solomonwis:

With the reference number, you can create a profile on EE.

Step 1: See if you may be eligible

You can use our online tool, Come to Canada, to see if you meet the criteria to get into the Express Entry pool. It will take you about 15 minutes.

You will need your language test results, your NOC skill type or level described above and your Education Credential Assessment (ECA).

When you get to the end, a reference number will show on the screen. Write it down. You will need it later when you go to build your profile.

Step 2: Build your online Express Entry profile

If you get a positive result from Come to Canada, it will send you to MyCIC. If you do not already have a MyCIC account, you will need to create one. Then you will fill out an Express Entry profile to tell us about your:
•identity
•contact information
•education in more detail
•work experience in more detail
•language
•family who would come with you to Canada (dependants)

You will need:
•your passport or travel document (or other national identity document, if you do not have one of these)
•your NOC job title and code (see Before you start, above)
•your language test results (either IELTS, CELPIP or TEF)
•your Educational Credential Assessment result, if you have one (see Before you start, above)
•a copy of your written job offer from an employer in Canada, if you have one
•a copy of your provincial nomination, if you have one, and
•your personal reference code from the Come to Canada tool, if you have one. (It looks like this: JM1234567890. We use it to bring the answers you provided in the tool into MyCIC so you do not have to answer the questions again. If you go to the profile builder directly through MyCIC, you will not have one.)

To create your Express Entry profile

1.Follow the instructions to create a MyCIC account if you do not already have one. The system will give you a MyCIC number that you will use each time you sign in.

2.If you have a personal reference code from the Come to Canada tool, enter it when it prompts you. If you do not have a code, go to Step 3.

3.Enter your personal details, work experience, education, etc.
(Note: You may exit the profile at any time. Your information will be saved. But, if you do not complete the Express Entry profile in 60 days, you will not be able to submit it and will have to start again.)

4.Submit your profile online.

If you meet the Express Entry criteria, including the requirements for at least one of the three immigration programs, you will be accepted into the Express Entry pool of candidates. If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, we will tell you at that time which program to apply under.

Important: Submitting an Express Entry profile does not mean you have applied for permanent residence, or that you will be invited to. You have to be invited to apply by CIC, and will then need to give us more information in your application for permanent residence.

Register with Job Bank

To finish your Express Entry profile you must register with the Government of Canada’s Job Bank if you do not already have:
•a valid job offer, or
•a nomination from a province or territory.

Job Bank is an easy, online job search tool which will connect you with employers and jobs in Canada based on your skills and experience.

If you do not register with Job Bank within 30 days your Express Entry profile will expire.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Thank you very much for your time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by debeams: 1:30am On Feb 27, 2015
Good day all, Please I need study materials for IELTS at this email address adebims@gmail.com. I really do appreciate in advance the good gesture. God bless you all
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 7:06am On Feb 27, 2015
solomonwis:

You do not need to put in the details of your relatives in Canada but you should endeavor to have this details with you.
Thank you sir.
God bless
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 7:24am On Feb 27, 2015
Hi all,
Finally received my positive determination of eligibility email from CIC NS, yesterday, Feb 26.

Solomon thanks for the help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Sleekjaguar:
Hi all,
Finally received my positive determination of eligibility email from CIC NS, yesterday, Feb 26.

Solomon thanks for the help.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sidey: 9:00am On Feb 27, 2015
hello house,

my FSW application was recieved Dec 18th, 2014, signed by DAN; yet my bank account has not been charged . I applied under NOC 2263. Should I be worried? as I have seen a lot of people who submitted after me with positive results on this platform .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 10:39am On Feb 27, 2015
Oga Solomon/Dam

Please am trying to register myCIC, to get a key but the date portion is not showing and it keeps bouncing back.

Can you help me?

Please send me your email address.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:33am On Feb 27, 2015
shopaker:
Oga Solomon/Dam

Please am trying to register myCIC, to get a key but the date portion is not showing and it keeps bouncing back.

Can you help me?

Please send me your email address.

Thanks

Are you registering using your phone or computer?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 11:54am On Feb 27, 2015
Dimdeux:

Thank you

I used both and the experiences are as follows:

WES will send a verification of credential request back to the Nigerian institution. If your school is the unresponsive type, it will delay your report because without that WES will not conclude nor issue it. If your school is foreign, e.g. UK or US, then no worries, they'll accept their transcript submissions and deliver to you when they're through.

ICAS on the other hand, will not send a verification of credential request back to the Nigerian institution but their timeline is very long.
I applied sometime in September/ October 2014 but got my report just last week, Feb 20, 2015.

WES' process is usually about 2 months or slightly more. This also depends on how quick you're to act, type of postage used (courier in this case).

From the foregoing, if time is of the essence, I'll suggest you use WES, otherwise ICAS.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
solomonwis:

Congratulations!

Dear Solomon,

Concerning my FSWC application I inadvertently omitted one of my siblings and swapped the year of birth of two of my wife's siblings in the "Additional Family Information" form. I knew after I've posted but decided to wait for it to be accepted before initiating the correction. Please how do I go about informing them about the mistake and effect the corrections?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sleekjaguar:

Dear Solomon,

Concerning my FSWC application I inadvertently omitted one of my siblings and swapped the year of birth of two of my wife's siblings in the "Additional Family Information" form. I knew after I've posted but decided to wait for it to be accepted before initiating the correction. Please how do I go about informing them about the mistake and effect the corrections?

You can send a CSE to accra visa office explaining what the mistake is via this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 1:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sidey:
hello house,

my FSW application was recieved Dec 18th, 2014, signed by DAN; yet my bank account has not been charged . I applied under NOC 2263. Should I be worried? as I have seen a lot of people who submitted after me with positive results on this platform .

Try and contact cic on the status of your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
solomonwis:

Are you registering using your phone or computer?

Thanks for your quick response.

Am using my phone.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
shopaker:

Thanks for your quick response.

Am using my phone.

Please use a computer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Yvonnepeters: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Please did anyone here apply for the manitoba provincial nominee programme? Pls will like to know how far u've gone,and understand the process better thanx.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
solomonwis:

Please use a computer.

Thanks I will do that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:48am On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

Yes, you do. Even though you are not required to send physical documents at the time of your registration, you should endeavor to have documentary evidence of your claim at the time of registration.

He doesn't need employer's letter to get in the pool, he won't exactly need it until he gets ITA, and any other document is not requested to get into the pool until you get ITA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:13am On Feb 28, 2015
Yvonnepeters:
Please did anyone here apply for the manitoba provincial nominee programme? Pls will like to know how far u've gone,and understand the process better thanx.

No one has applied because the application is yet to be opened. Note however, that MPNP is not under Express Entry, there's a special MPNP that will be under Express Entry, and it's just 500 people that will be admitted into that one
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:56am On Feb 28, 2015
JesusDWay:

He doesn't need employer's letter to get in the pool, he won't exactly need it until he gets ITA, and any other document is not requested to get into the pool until you get ITA

Yes, he needs the employment reference.

Whatever you submit at the time of your application(or claim to have) will be the same to be presented at the time of your visa application(after the issuance of ITA). If there is any contradiction between your work reference and what is submitted (especially the date),you stand the risk of being rejected and being banned for 5 years.

Whatever will make you have your ECA result and IELTS result handy at the time of your application should make you have all other documents ready except of course Police Clearance Certificate which expire after 3 months of issuance.

To guide against "Innocent mistakes",it is advisable you have all your details (including work references) ready at the time of submitting your details on EE.

•You must make sure that the information in your profile stays true and accurate at all times. ◦If your situation changes (for example, if you start a new career, you get a new language test, get married, or have a new baby), you must update your profile.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Be sure that your profile is fully up-to-date and accurate.

If you are invited to apply, you will be responsible for any information in your profile and application for permanent residence.

If we find that you misrepresented yourself (gave us false information or left out important details), we will refuse your application. In that case:
•your application could be refused,
•you could be found inadmissible, and
•you could be barred for five years from applying for permanent resident status.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mebidu: 1:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hello guys

Pls I am trying to do my credential assessment with WES for both my bachelor and masters degree. I am required to post both certificates to them. I have the certificate for my bachelor degree but statement of result for my masters program. But my school can make the transcript available.

My question is if I can submit the statement of result.
Certificate would be issued whenever the school does convocation.

Just looking to increase my points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.