Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827483 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2015
brightooooo:
please I am licensed to practice as a registered nurse and midwife with BNSc in nursing here in Nigeria so please can u hint me on other necessary factors that can be of help for quick integration into the system. Though i am about contacting National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) for evaluation of my credentials after which I will contact the regulatory body of any province i choose, pls the pay are they the same in all the provinces or are they like here Federal pays different from State? Thanks

First,you have to make up your mind as to the province you intend to settle. You have to gather as much information as possible regarding your intended province putting factors such as immediate/delayed access to health facilities, the tax system, the unemployment rate, the cost of living vis a vis your settlement fund,etc.

These factors are to be determined by you/ your family as so many things go into it. Your plan should be tailor-made. I should let you know that for each province, there are different bodies responsible for the issuance of practicing licenses. Hence, it is difficult though not impossible to have universal certification (with exception of few occupations/professions).

When you make up your mind about the province you intend to live, you can then channel your resources towards getting certified in your chosen profession in that field. This doesn't stop you from moving to another province should you decide to do so after some time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

Centralized Intake Office
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P. O. Box 7500
Sydney, NS
BIP 0A9
Canada

Thank you very much. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 24, 2015
solomonwis:

First,you have to make up your mind as to the province you intend to settle. You have to gather as much information as possible regarding your intended province putting factors such as immediate/delayed access to health facilities, the tax system, the unemployment rate, the cost of living vis a vis your settlement fund,etc.

These factors are to be determined by you/ your family as so many things go into it. Your plan should be tailor-made. I should let you know that for each province, there are different bodies responsible for the issuance of practicing licenses. Hence, it is difficult though not impossible to have universal certification (with exception of few occupations/professions).

When you make up your mind about the province you intend to live, you can then channel your resources towards getting certified in your chosen profession in that field. This doesn't stop you from moving to another province should you decide to do so after some time.
Hi solomonwis, well done, you've been of great help here. please i have been working as an accountant for 4 yrs now, other than the evaluation process with WES, do i need any other body to certify me?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 10:06am On Mar 24, 2015
thanks God Bless you for been there.
solomonwis:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:27am On Mar 24, 2015
verrady:
Hi solomonwis, well done, you've been of great help here. please i have been working as an accountant for 4 yrs now, other than the evaluation process with WES, do i need any other body to certify me?

It depends on your intended occupation when you get to Canada. You might need to approach the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Canada of your intended province for details. However,it is not a yardstick for concluding on your success in Canada bit of course it will add value to your net worth as a professional accountant.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2015
solomonwis:

It depends on your intended occupation when you get to Canada. You might need to approach the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Canada of your intended province for details. However,it is not a yardstick for concluding on your success in Canada bit of course it will add value to your net worth as a professional accountant.
Thanks for your response. let me check them out first. although i might work in other admin areas sha. thanks all the same
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2015
Anyone with IELTS practice material to send to bissiejonathan@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Vek2015: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2015
Good Morning All

CIC has issued invitations for Canadian permanent residence to candidates who do not have a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination. The candidates include those with 481 or more CRS point. This is good news for some of us here.

If there is anybody nominated in this forum please share the good news.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/03/groundbreaking-express-entry-draw-canadian-immigration-034727.html
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
I bought from PH, is not what to send to mail, you can photocopy if you live in Owerri thanks
bissiejoe:
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fatima007: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
Vek2015:

Good Morning All

CIC has issued invitations for Canadian permanent residence to candidates who do not have a qualifying job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination. The candidates include those with 481 or more CRS point. This is good news for some of us here.

If there is anybody nominated in this forum please share the good news.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/03/groundbreaking-express-entry-draw-canadian-immigration-034727.html

Please how did you achieve up to 481 or more without either a job offer nor a provincial nomination. I am looking for ways to boost my CRS ranking from 335 to levels like yours ooo. My IELTS was an overall band of 8, i have only BSc in engineering and over 6 years work experience in supply chain, my spouse has overall band score of 6, he also has a BA in philosophy, self employed currently but 5 years work experience in Operations Management. Abeg show us way ooo. Looking forward to your input.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solarmanng: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
damkollins:

Congrats on been debited.
Not sure if you are referring to your passport photograph or Passport document cheesy
I want to assume you are referring to passport document since you made reference to picture on it been smeared.
Nothing much to worry....just raise a CSE to Accra and inform them of the reason why the passport was replaced ....and in process ask if they want you to send the new passport to you.
Use the link below to contact ...
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
You may even scan the new passport document biodata page in the process.
Meanwhile,you will need to wait until you receive your PER email before you can raise the CSE because your files actually get sent internally to your local visa office immediately you receive your PER email.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.

Hello Damkollins and Solomowis,

I have just received my PER mail, so I will go ahead and raise CSE to Accra, will it be okay if I upload the data pages of both the damaged passport and that of the new one?
In addition, as I was going through my submitted forms; I noticed that my spouse erroneously omitted one of the trips in her travel history. It was actually a 3-day trip from Lagos to Accra, which she forgot to enter into the form where you are expected to list all the countries you have visited outside your home country.
Do I include this omitted information in the CSE I will be raising?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
335 is quite high. Hopefully the scores will drop further for now since job bank is not yet active. I strongly believe it will drop to 300 or even less before it goes up again. Just get in the pool
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
livepluslife:
335 is quite high. Hopefully the scores will drop further for now since job bank is not yet active. I strongly believe it will drop to 300 or even less before it goes up again. Just get in the pool
hi please how do i calculate this CRS?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 11:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
solomonwis:

The one that starts with "E" is your file number.

Thank you Solomonwis.

This is the response I got in my mail from accra office.

'We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message'.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by profb: 12:08am On Mar 25, 2015
bissiejoe:
Thanks in anticipation

Sent
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:37am On Mar 25, 2015
solarmanng:

Hello Damkollins and Solomowis,

I have just received my PER mail, so I will go ahead and raise CSE to Accra, will it be okay if I upload the data pages of both the damaged passport and that of the new one?
In addition, as I was going through my submitted forms; I noticed that my spouse erroneously omitted one of the trips in her travel history. It was actually a 3-day trip from Lagos to Accra, which she forgot to enter into the form where you are expected to list all the countries you have visited outside your home country.
Do I include this omitted information in the CSE I will be raising?
Congrats on your updates .
Notify them of what actually happened and attached both to stress your point and let them know you are prepared to send them colored photocopies if it is requested from you.Use the medium to tell them about the omitted travelling history for wifey and state the details.Try to explain it's not a deliberate omission.
If they need anything from you,they will contact you but it's good to notify them.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:05am On Mar 25, 2015
zaliya:

Thank you Solomonwis.

This is the response I got in my mail from accra office.

'We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message'.

This is an auto generated message. You should get another one soon addressing the concern raised in your CSE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dvstan: 6:21am On Mar 25, 2015
Are you chartered? If ACCA, you can write Tax and Law, Fulfil other requirements and get licensed with CGA, British Columbia. With the current unification of all Accounting bodies in Canada, You will be a CPA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dvstan: 6:25am On Mar 25, 2015
verrady:

Are you chartered? If ACCA, you can write Tax and Law, Fulfil other requirements and get licensed with CGA, British Columbia. With the current unification of all Accounting bodies in Canada, You will be a CPA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by smartmum: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2015
Solomonwis please answer me oooooo. Please I submitted late Dec.& was debited mid Feb.since then I have not got my per. Do I have to start worring myself. My visa office is accra.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2015
brightooooo:
I bought from PH, is not what to send to mail, you can photocopy if you live in Owerri thanks

Thanks am no where near owerri
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2015
profb:

Sent

Thanks .......seen
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by deoyel25(m): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2015
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all.

Hello moderator,
I think it is better to create a dedicated thread for Express Entry. I can see that someone tried to achieve this in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2064942/canada-permanent-residency-express-entry but you redirected the individual to this thread, which is originally for FSWP. Since both FSWP and EE are entirely different, I think it is better all the information relating to each are placed in their respective threads.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thank u so much JesusDway

JesusDWay:

Dont remember very well but i think you can choose more than one province. For a Nigerian Geologist(i believe oil and gas exploration is uppermost in your mind wink), Alberta is first, then possibly British Columbia and then Ontario. I think there's oil in Saskatchewan now and Newfoundland also has. Can't remember the provincial codes (i think it ought to display it as you are trying to fill it), try and google
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiola: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck

pls send to labiola@yahoo.com. Am interested.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
What of ACA i.e ICAN? any idea what subjects one needs to write to become CPA certified and will one need to do any assessment for the ICAN Transcript?

dvstan:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
Please send to brighteche@yahoo.com thanks[quote
author=deoyel25 post=31984011]Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have
done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE
instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started
swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by
all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little
help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself).
Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers.
All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live
speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and
I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your
duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all.

Hello moderator,
I think it is better to create a dedicated thread for Express Entry. I
can see that someone tried to achieve this in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2064942/canada-permanent-residency-express-entry
but you redirected the individual to this thread, which is originally
for FSWP. Since both FSWP and EE are entirely different, I think it is
better all the information relating to each are placed in their
respective threads.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all. PLEASE CAN YOU SEND THE LINK TO verrady@yahoo.com?
Thanks

Hello moderator,
I think it is better to create a dedicated thread for Express Entry. I can see that someone tried to achieve this in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2064942/canada-permanent-residency-express-entry but you redirected the individual to this thread, which is originally for FSWP. Since both FSWP and EE are entirely different, I think it is better all the information relating to each are placed in their respective threads.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all.

Hello moderator,
please send me the link to verrady@yahoo.com. i will download it
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,

Hello moderator,

Pls send to ibilolar@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LeonessAug: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,

Hello moderator,

Pls send to bpfoundation.org@gmail.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.