Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827630 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2015
damkollins:

Seems IELTS and WES are two different things....
Please ignore the part you are referring to or just say NO.
For IELTS,you will receive the hard copy result from british council when the result is out.....no need of sending it to any bodies....just ignore it.
For you WES evaluation,you will receive 2 copies of the original ECA when its completed.
You will need both details before you can create your profile on Express entry.At the point of submission after ITA in the express entry stream,you will need them too.
Summary,you are not meant to send them (IELTS and ECA from WES) to anybody....the originals will be with you.
Cheers.

God bless bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2015
bolinchin:
is there a way i can assess my score before entering the ee pool.Any link I can visit to know my likely CRS

Here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
Unable to modify contact/delivery address on WES website.
Please house.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ozzy2: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hello all, please can someone explain what this actually means"maximum point for each ability(reading writting,speaking and listening) 32 with spouse. does it means that if u have CBL 10 or more u will get 32 points in each of the ability making 128points?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emmanok24(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
Greetings House!

I have a number of question I want to ask and I plead with those who can help to please answer me patiently.

1. I want to Migrate to Canada with my wife. Do I need an Agent?

2. I'm an ND holder while my wife holds an HND. Does our educational qualifications matter?

3. What are the steps to be taken in order to begin the process?

4. What will the financial commitment look like (In Naira)

It's a dream for me and will appreciate if anyone can provide detailed information. Thank you.

Pax!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
@solomon wis or any other person that understands wes pls i need the answer to this question:I have a copy of my official transcript adressed to a particular organisation(not wes).Do you think wes will acept it cos am thinkin of boycoting d long process and financial aspect of processing another transcript.I still av to process my msc and phd from another school.or do i just send msc and phd alone for verification.tks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
bolinchin:
@solomon wis or any other person that understands wes pls i need the answer to this question:I have a copy of my official transcript adressed to a particular organisation(not wes).Do you think wes will acept it cos am thinkin of boycoting d long process and financial aspect of processing another transcript.I still av to process my msc and phd from another school.or do i just send msc and phd alone for verification.tks
You cannot send the transcript to WES since it is address to another organisation. You can get transcript for your highest qualification alone and just include photocopies of your B.Sc and M.Sc certificate
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
emmanok24:
Greetings House!

I have a number of question I want to ask and I plead with those who can help to please answer me patiently.

1. I want to Migrate to Canada with my wife. Do I need an Agent?

2. I'm an ND holder while my wife holds an HND. Does our educational qualifications matter?

3. What are the steps to be taken in order to begin the process?

4. What will the financial commitment look like (In Naira)

It's a dream for me and will appreciate if anyone can provide detailed information. Thank you.

Pax!
If you can follow the various forum on internet you don't need an agent. Your qualification matters a lot and in this case your wife education is higher than yours. The number of years of experience in your work also mater. First step is to evaluate your educational credential with a Canadian body like WES and also write IELTS exam conducted by British council
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
ozzy2:
Hello all, please can someone explain what this actually means"maximum point for each ability(reading writting,speaking and listening) 32 with spouse. does it means that if u have CBL 10 or more u will get 32 points in each of the ability making 128points?
the maximum you can get if it is only eEnglish you speak is 24points. (R=6, W=6, S=6 and L=6)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bjayzeez: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Icas na long thing.... It took about 4 months to get a report from them. Also, you have to send your waec plus scratch card.

Wes is faster

badenugba:

can someone say something about this
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
Are you saying you assessed ACCA and another degree, and submitted both in your EE profile?

I asked here earlier if I could assess my ICAN transcript , no response in the affirmative, would you advise I try it? Also which of the WES assessment did you do? They seem to have quite a few related to the accounting qualification. I'm looking for an assessment that will indicate how the qualification measures up for the Canadian CPA as well as one to serve as 2nd degree for my EE profile.

laraode:

I had my ACCA verified my WES, they do verify ACCA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emmanok24(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
tola73:
If you can follow the various forum on internet you don't need an agent. Your qualification matters a lot and in this case your wife education is higher than yours. The number of years of experience in your work also mater. First step is to evaluate your educational credential with a Canadian body like WES and also write IELTS exam conducted by British council

Thank you.

I have more work experience than my wife.

After the WES and IELTS what next?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fidelism: 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
abyurla:
Please could you send me the link to the IELTS material, i tried to PM you from my profile, abyurla at gmail dot com

thank you

could you send me the kind at fidelism1914@gmail.com please
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fidelism: 8:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all.

Hello moderator,
I think it is better to create a dedicated thread for Express Entry. I can see that someone tried to achieve this in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2064942/canada-permanent-residency-express-entry but you redirected the individual to this thread, which is originally for FSWP. Since both FSWP and EE are entirely different, I think it is better all the information relating to each are placed in their respective threads.

could you please send me the link on Fidelism1914@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by stello(f): 5:24am On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=fidelism post=33107310]

could you please also send me the link on stella_uzo@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 9:01am On Apr 26, 2015
fidelism:

could you please send me the link on Fidelism1914@gmail.com
scrollmeout:

Kindly send to scrollmein@yahoo.com. Thanks

Kindly send to abiodun.adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bigfido: 9:16am On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bigfido: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2015
emmanok24:

Thank you.

I have more work experience than my wife.

After the WES and IELTS what next?

Since you have ND and your wife has HND, i will suggest you let your wife be the principal applicant. there are a lot of point accrued from your IELTS and Level of education. I also read about someone here that has HND and PGD, sadly, you still fall in this category "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" because none of this program is a three year course, which i think is equivalent to there universtiy degree, or a masters degree. If you find yourself in this situation, i strongly advice you study hard for Ielts so you can make better points from it. I just started processing my ielts too and i figured if i do well i.e L-8, R-7, S-7, W-7 i could get up to 469 points because i have a masters degree and more than 6 years work experience and age is 32 years. I am married and my wife is also writing the IELTS too and she has Bsc aswell. In your own case, I will suggest you try any provincial nomination method. Since you are new to it, you should go to their website and read well about the EE program. I too had to digest that website for like 3 days before i could grab the gist. Good luck to everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bigfido: 9:59am On Apr 26, 2015
abyurla:
Are you saying you assessed ACCA and another degree, and submitted both in your EE profile?

I asked here earlier if I could assess my ICAN transcript , no response in the affirmative, would you advise I try it? Also which of the WES assessment did you do? They seem to have quite a few related to the accounting qualification. I'm looking for an assessment that will indicate how the qualification measures up for the Canadian CPA as well as one to serve as 2nd degree for my EE profile.

Hello aby,
please can you mail WES to confirm this since you already have a WES reference number? I also tried reading through their website but can't find anything decisive there. On EE web page, they clearly asked for 2 or more certificate with one of them being atleast a university certificate. I think the ICAN can suffice for a second certificate. only problem now is verifying if you can get you ICAN transcript.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 11:16am On Apr 26, 2015
bigfido:
http://www.okazi.net/canada/calculator/Express-Entry-Calculator that link has a better points calculator

Nice one. It made more sense
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by badenugba: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
bigfido:
http://www.okazi.net/canada/calculator/Express-Entry-Calculator that link has a better points calculator
I just used the calculator, my score is 474, if I do well in my iElts, Let's go there
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nozzle(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
badenugba:

I just used the calculator, my score is 474, if I do well in my iElts, Let's go there
Do that first before posting a score wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emmanok24(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
bigfido:

Since you have ND and your wife has HND, i will suggest you let your wife be the principal applicant. there are a lot of point accrued from your IELTS and Level of education. I also read about someone here that has HND and PGD, sadly, you still fall in this category "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" because none of this program is a three year course, which i think is equivalent to there universtiy degree, or a masters degree. If you find yourself in this situation, i strongly advice you study hard for Ielts so you can make better points from it. I just started processing my ielts too and i figured if i do well i.e L-8, R-7, S-7, W-7 i could get up to 469 points because i have a masters degree and more than 6 years work experience and age is 32 years. I am married and my wife is also writing the IELTS too and she has Bsc aswell. In your own case, I will suggest you try any provincial nomination method. Since you are new to it, you should go to their website and read well about the EE program. I too had to digest that website for like 3 days before i could grab the gist. Good luck to everyone

Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
I used CES for my BSC assessment so I don't have a WES reference number.

I can obtain my ICAN transcript, it's not a problem. If i had seen this info last year, i could have sent my ICAN transcript for assessment but will one now pay for another assessment? cry undecided angry

bigfido:

Hello aby,
please can you mail WES to confirm this since you already have a WES reference number? I also tried reading through their website but can't find anything decisive there. On EE web page, they clearly asked for 2 or more certificate with one of them being atleast a university certificate. I think the ICAN can suffice for a second certificate. only problem now is verifying if you can get you ICAN transcript.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nozzle(m): 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
bigfido:

Good info Bigfido, however you're kind of wrong about the HND.
If you submit your HND+OND Credentials, WES translates it as a 3year College diploma and a one year PGD Certificate. So technically, CIC doesn't care how long it took you to get each diploma, all they check is what WES translates. So in the profile form, you will enter "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" as your level of education and that fetches you 128points for single and 119 for married. If you have only OND on the other hand, WES Translates it to a 2 year college diploma only, you fall under the "Two-year post-secondary program credential" level of education and that's 91 for married and 98 for single. Hence like you stated, for him to maximize his points, his wife has to be the principal applicant!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bigfido: 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
That would be good news for him! like i suggested, he should make his wife the principal applicant and make sure they trash IELTS well! i wish everyone goodluck..
Nozzle:

If you submit your HND+OND Credentials, WES translates it as a 3year College diploma and a one year PGD Certificate. So technically, CIC doesn't care how long it took you to get each diploma, all they check is what WES translates. So in the profile form, you will enter "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" as your level of education and that fetches you 128points for single and 119 for married. If you have only OND on the other hand, WES Translates it to a 2 year college diploma only, you fall under the "Two-year post-secondary program credential" level of education and that's 91 for married and 98 for single. Hence like you stated, for him to maximize his points, his wife has to be the principal applicant!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nozzle(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
bigfido:
That would be good news for him! like i suggested, he should make his wife the principal applicant and make sure they trash IELTS well! i wish everyone goodluck..
Infact good news for all HND holders, WES values HND alot, ofcos the course content is rigorous hence the appreciation. Last year before i ventured into EE, i was thinking of graduate school in the US, so i decided to evaluate my HND & OND with WES USA, I had a 3.54/4 HND Mechanical Engineering (distinction) when i graduated many years ago. The result of the evaluation was a BSc(Hons) 3.7/4 Mechanical Engineering. I was surprise, that's a first class with almost a double honor. According to them i can use that evaluation in any institution that is a client to WES, many of which are some of the top schools in the world, including IV league schools in the US like Havard and Stanford smiley and yet no Nigerian university will accept my HND for MSc in Mechanical Engineering grin grin
Looking at this case, one would think our standard is higher grin
I had to do a top up degree to be relevant in Nigeria.
Advise all your friends, coligs with HND to look towards north America.grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emmanok24(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
bigfido:

Thanks so much!

I'm kind of fidgeting about my wife writing the IELTS though, is there any available material I can use in tutoring her? I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Is it possible we register differently, whilst still doing it as a family?

God forbid, if the test is failed can it be rewritten?

Thanks House!

Your responses mean a lot!

Pax!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emmanok24(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nozzle:

Thank you Sir!

I unarguably understand your submission; but I have a feeling I can ace the IELTS and hopefully reach a reasonable point. My concern is actually about my wife writing the exam; I unarguably know her ability with the English Language and wouldn't want to put her into such a pressurising corner hence my suggestion that I write the exam.
But like you've advised we'll consider her writing it.

Is there a way I can get any material on the exam?

I'd also appreciate if anyone can volunteer to be my guide by kindly dropping their mobile number so I can reach the for further advice and consultation.

Thanks House!

CC: Bigfido

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
emmanok24:

Thanks so much!

I'm kind of fidgeting about my wife writing the IELTS though, is there any available material I can use in tutoring her? I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Is it possible we register differently, whilst still doing it as a family?

God forbid, if the test is failed can it be rewritten?

Thanks House!

Your responses mean a lot!

Pax!

In my opinion, you can rewrite it as many times as you want (God forbid tho, once is your portion) because its a service you are paying for.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by olakunlex: 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
mozo:

In my opinion, you can rewrite it as many times as you want (God forbid tho, once is your portion) because its a service you are paying for.
hello my good people

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.