Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827585 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by teegirl2810: 12:35am On Jul 27, 2015
zandora:

There are several designated ECA bodies but personally I believe the best is WES. Simply go to their site (see link below) register, pay the fees then go to your school and ask them to please send a copy of your sealed transcript to WES. You also need to download a form from the WES website for your school to complete, sign, stamp and send along with the transcript. Furthermore you need to separately send a copy (not original) of your degree certificate to WES yourself.

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

Don't forget that all correspondences sent to WES must include your WES application number which would be provided to you after you've made your payment. Just to recap, the documents you need to send to WES are your transcript and WES form (sent by the school) and a copy of your degree certificate (sent yourself). On receipt of these documents WES will then contact your school via email to verify the transcript and after successful verification assess your qualification. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot @ zandora
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by teegirl2810: 12:48am On Jul 27, 2015
One more question please,
what is the cost of the ECA service
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:05am On Jul 27, 2015
teegirl2810:

The price is on their website. Did mine last year so can't remember.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dolapokay: 3:29am On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks
JesusDWay:

ITA is issued by the Federal Immigration for Federal immigration programmed while LAA is issued by the government of Manitoba for Manitoba's specific Provincial immigration programme, after which if you are successful, Manitoba will then nominate you to CIC, which is in charge of the Federal programmes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Diamondmirror: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=Shyee post=36176727][/quote]

WHAT IF THE TRANSCRIPT DOES NOT CARRY THE DOB?

WILL WES ALSO OMMIT THE INFORMATION OR WILL THEY ASK THE SCH FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by teegirl2810: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2015
zandora:

The price is on their website. Did mine last year so can't remember.
Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2015
Diamondmirror:

WILL WES ALSO OMMIT THE INFORMATION OR WILL THEY ASK THE SCH FOR MORE INFORMATION?

no way your transcript won't include your DOB. if not included, the transcript is incomplete....
peace
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2015
teegirl2810:

if you dey naija, its around 57k for 323cad, but if you have an address in Canada or USA, you may use their address, thereby saving yourself 80cad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dustydee: 11:57am On Jul 27, 2015
Diamondmirror:

Shyee:

no way your transcript won't include your DOB. if not included, the transcript is incomplete....
peace
That moment when you realise that falsifying your age has repercussions. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
JesusDWay:

No province has required any crs score except Ontario.

Thanks a lot. Can one run both EE and PNP simultaneously? Which Province is relatively easier to get nominated?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
dustydee:

That moment when you realise that falsifying your age has repercussions. grin

Football age things grin ..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
SlowlybtSurely:

Thanks a lot. Can one run both EE and PNP simultaneously? Which Province is relatively easier to get nominated?

You can easily do your self the favour go check out the requirement each province has inplace so you will then be in a better position to select what province you are eligible to apply to..

Seriously, just do your our own little research and then ask for clarification regarding your findings.

By the way, if you don't have any relative in Manitoba or any connection at all (except by some divine means you get a job offer) don't bother with their PNP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
mozo:

You can easily do your self the favour go check out the requirement each province has inplace so you will then be in a better position to select what province you are eligible to apply to..

Seriously, just do your our own little research and then ask for clarification regarding your findings.

By the way, if you don't have any relative in Manitoba or any connection at all (except by some divine means you get a job offer) don't bother with their PNP

More like it. smiley

I just needed some pointers so i know what i should be researching. Trust me, i'm not one to be spoon fed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
mozo, zandora , tola73 et al, abeg while filling the job Bank application, must i identify with a group? new immigrants to Canada seems to be automatically selected for me, because when i unchecked it, e no gree.
dupyshoo could you please say something?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hello House,

I trust you all had a good day.

Just wanted to know if there are any new MR recipients today.

Good evening.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by superchi: 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hello house,

Please I have a question before I get ITA in my EE account.
I have two children and my uncle's daughter also lives with us for five years on.
She has been a blessing, my children's best friend and has seriously improved academically.
I have a great moral obligation to see her maximize her potential. Can't leave behind.
Now my question is, what documents do I need to add her in my application?
Do I need adoption papers or court affidavits stating she's my dependent?
I just don't want her to return to the village because I can afford to take her along.
Kindly assist gurus in the house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by constantchanges: 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
mozo:

Even with relations, not much is assured in abroad. Someone without a relation can still travel and God will bring helpers, dont allow fear of uncertainty kill your dream.

I will advice anyone that want to do MPNP to do so, follow your heart, but you do it leagally ...God will see you through. But you leave with enough money, do your researches and book a hotel ahead for like 2 to 3 weeks before the hotel expires, you will get an accommodation .People have gone this route and made it, I have personally taken such risk before twice to an unknown place without any relation, have enough money,you will only suffer for a while., make good friends, before you know it, you too will be someone people will be looking forward to in abroad to invite them.Going abroad is NOT a rocket science please.But dont do anything incriminating.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tolurigs: 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=LeonessAug post=31991334]

Pls send to apeketolu@gmail.com.tanx in advance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Demiyike: 5:15am On Jul 28, 2015
superchi:
Hello house,

Please I have a question before I get ITA in my EE account.
I have two children and my uncle's daughter also lives with us for five years on.
She has been a blessing, my children's best friend and has seriously improved academically.
I have a great moral obligation to see her maximize her potential. Can't leave behind.
Now my question is, what documents do I need to add her in my application?

Do I need adoption papers or court affidavits stating she's my dependent?
I just don't want her to return to the village because I can afford to take her along.
Kindly assist gurus in the house.
It's better if you go about it lawfully Canada will not take any affidavit . You have to go to the ministry of youth and sports development to start the process of the adoption and it's better you start now as its a time consuming process and you must also make sure you have a letter of consent from the parents when submitting your documents as they will definitely ask for it
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by superchi: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Demiyike:

It's better if you go about it lawfully Canada will not take any affidavit . You have to go to the ministry of youth and sports development to start the process of the adoption and it's better you start now as its a time consuming process and you must also make sure you have a letter of consent from the parents when submitting your documents as they will definitely ask for it

@Demiyike

Thank you. I have actually started research on adoption. I asked my lawyer to do the findings and his feedback was like 'really?'.
Adoption is really long and documentation is another things. He told me it's gonna cost me N500K in Lagos and may take up to six months.
She doesn't share the same surname with me 'cos she's my mum's brother's child. I would have just added her as my daughter.
Personally, I tot an affidavits would be fine but it's obvious that i'm wrong. If that's the only way, I'll try my best.

I am still open to more suggestion from the house!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2015
tola73:
Guys I received my MR this afternoon.
Application date Nov 7th

Congrats on ur MR.

Aside MR, any other details?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by teeboy95: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2015
angry
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bubsykay: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2015
superchi:

@Demiyike
Thank you. I have actually started research on adoption. I asked my lawyer to do the findings and his feedback was like 'really?'.
Adoption is really long and documentation is another things. He told me it's gonna cost me N500K in Lagos and may take up to six months.
She doesn't share the same surname with me 'cos she's my mum's brother's child. I would have just added her as my daughter.
Personally, I tot an affidavits would be fine but it's obvious that i'm wrong. If that's the only way, I'll try my best.

I believe all you need is a proof of dependency, documents that shows that the child is dependent on you and you have been morally and financially responsible for the upbringing over the years. While you have a consent letter from the parent and a proof of your relationship with the parents. Meanwhile, After a long adoption process, I don't think an adopted child is allowed to traveled immediately, which is due to their regulations. your case might be different thou. who knows
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2015
superchi:

@Demiyike

I agree the only way is adoption. They don't accept affidavits for this kind of things. For PR you are only allowed to file for your spouse and children and as she isn't legally your child you'll have to adopt her.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2015
teeboy95:
hello House

Is it possible to update an EE profile later with my spouse IELTS results?

I have everything ready and want to submit an EE profile but my wife is yet to write IELTS (for extra 5 points) so can I update my profile when her results come out
Thanks

Yes you can update your profile once her results are out.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by viva7: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2015
Good morning all,
I am a novice in this Canadian stuff.......Please how do I start if I want to apply for a permanent residency stuff in Canada? As in getting a job and living there...

Lost my job in a bank last year, been trying to get another but it's proving difficult so I have decided to leave the country, so going through this thread, I want to know what and what it requires to get a job and permanent residency in Canada... Please help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2015
superchi:

@Demiyike

Thank you. I have actually started research o

Normally its not suppose to take time,but we live in nigeria where everything is not normal,to claim she's yours and u can do all other documentations since she's still young since her parent already gave consent,for me there is no difference all you need do is do your home work,hope u have her all other document including pics
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 11:39am On Jul 28, 2015
viva7:
Good morning all,
I am a novice in this Canadian stuff.......Please how do I start if I want to apply for a permanent residency stuff in Canada? As in getting a job and living there...

Lost my job in a bank last year, been trying to get another but it's proving difficult so I have decided to leave the country, so going through this thread, I want to know what and what it requires to get a job and permanent residency in Canada... Please help

Sorry for you job,for EE the first thing u do is write IELTS,and make sure u get good grade in listening,speaking,writing and listening,usually I always advice peeps to get 8 in all,after then do ur wes evaluation then you can apply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Afam4eva(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2015
solomonwis:

You can proceed if in your self assessment,you meet up with the minimum required score point of 67 having regard to your Language (you don't have this yet),Age,work experience,Adaptability and Arranged employment. Only you can assess yourself with regards to meeting up with the required minimum points.

Please note that you might score zero in your work experience if it those not show that you have experience as outlined in the National Occupation Classification (NOC).
After much thougt, i'm considering applying through this program and i must commend your resolve to provide information that will come in handy towards being selected for this program. I intend to do a self-assessment to know if i can beats the 69 score as i'm not one who deludes myself. One area that i think i'm having a problem understanding though is in the area of "Work Experience" as i can see that some other people are having the same problem. What i want to know is, how can one proof that they have the job experience provided in the form?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Afam4eva

69 points is old school

Review below

Quote from: YamPower on March 09, 2015, 09:58:11 am

It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 for principal applicant) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Afam4eva:

After much thougt, i'm considering applying through this program and i must commend your resolve to provide information that will come in handy towards being selected for this program. I intend to do a self-assessment to know if i can beats the 69 score as i'm not one who deludes myself. One area that i think i'm having a problem understanding though is in the area of "Work Experience" as i can see that some other people are having the same problem. What i want to know is, how can one proof that they have the job experience provided in the form?

Firstly it isn't 69 but 67. You have to score a minimum of 67/100 first to qualify for FSW. After that you need to score high in the pool ie 451 and above to increase your chances of being selected for a draw.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
pickabeau1:
Afam4eva

69 points is old school

Review below

It's not old school. You still need to score a minimum of 67/100 first to qualify for FSW.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.