Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827017 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
constantchanges:

Even with relations, not much is assured in abroad. Someone without a relation can still travel and God will bring helpers, dont allow fear of uncertainty kill your dream.

I will advice anyone that want to do MPNP to do so, follow your heart, but you do it leagally ...God will see you through. But you leave with enough money, do your researches and book a hotel ahead for like 2 to 3 weeks before the hotel expires, you will get an accommodation .People have gone this route and made it, I have personally taken such risk before twice to an unknown place without any relation, have enough money,you will only suffer for a while., make good friends, before you know it, you too will be someone people will be looking forward to in abroad to invite them.Going abroad is NOT a rocket science please.But dont do anything incriminating.

For the bolded part.. At some point, you'll have to draw the line between being realistic and being overly religious/sentimental.. Rules are rules. Whoever is qualified for the MPNP, by all means, please do apply, I'll even say a prayer for you. Better my fellow Nigerian than another indian taking up our slots..lol (you should check out how many applications they make per province. lol)

And yeah, God will see us through.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Diamondmirror: 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
really? I did not read this requirement anywhere in the cic page under the current rules. I also thought this 67 marks pass mark is old school. am I missing something?

Help clarify pls.

zandora:

It's not old school. You still need to score a minimum of 67/100 first to qualify for FSW.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Diamondmirror:
really? I did not read this requirement anywhere in the cic page under the current rules. I also thought this 67 marks pass mark is old school. am I missing something?

Help clarify pls.

If you're applying under FSW you need to score a minimum of 67 points to be eligible to apply http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

After that you can now create your profile under express entry and score a minimum of 451 points to improve your chances of being selected. However you can choose to be nominated by a province or if lucky find a job with LMIA to obtain additional 600 points which will definitely guarantee your selection.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
zandora:

Firstly it isn't 69 but 67. You have to score a minimum of 67/100 first to qualify for FSW. After that you need to score high in the pool ie 451 and above to increase your chances of being selected for a draw.
Thanks. I actually meant 67. BTW, which one is 451 again? My idea of this program is that if you can beat the 67 point, either a raffle draw will be done to pick people from the pool or they will probably just pick those with the highest point.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Is there anyone here who applied through Express entry and has already got ITA and has been issued their PR visa?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi Afam4eva,

As you rightly said, the first requirement is 67/100. In addition, based on your information such as age, no of years of work experience, IELTS score, level of education, provincial nomination among others, you will be awarded a CRS score once you enter the express entry pool. Draws for ITA are made periodically with a cut-off CRS score. It is not raffle draw!!!

I guess Zandora mentioned 451 as this is the minimum CRS score that has been given ITA so far.

You can calculate your CRS score via this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Afam4eva:

Thanks. I actually meant 67. BTW, which one is 451 again? My idea of this program is that if you can beat the 67 point, either a raffle draw will be done to pick people from the pool or they will probably just pick those with the highest point.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
zandora:

It's not old school. You still need to score a minimum of 67/100 first to qualify for FSW.

thanks for the clarification
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
[size=24pt]Please How long is the WES verification and IETLS valid for if you are in the pool but not selected in one year?[/size]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
dupyshoo:
Hi Afam4eva,

As you rightly said, the first requirement is 67/100. In addition, based on your information such as age, no of years of work experience, IELTS score, level of education, provincial nomination among others, you will be awarded a CRS score once you enter the express entry pool. Draws for ITA are made periodically with a cut-off CRS score. It is not raffle draw!!!

I guess Zandora mentioned 451 as this is the minimum CRS score that has been given ITA so far.

You can calculate your CRS score via this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Yes. I used 451 because right now there's speculation that chances are that one will be more likely to be selected if they score above 450 although there's no definite proof. Btw I don't know why people call it a raffle draw or even lottery lol.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
keni:
[size=24pt]Please How long is the WES verification and IETLS valid for if you are in the pool but not selected in one year?[/size]

Jeez why do you have have to write in massive bold letters? WES ECA is valid for 5 years while IELTS is valid for 2 years regardless of if you're in the pool or not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
zandora:

Yes. I used 451 because right now there's speculation that chances are that one will be more likely to be selected if they score above 450 although there's no definite proof. Btw I don't know why people call it a raffle draw or even lottery lol.

Mr, don't scare those who don't have up to that score and who may never have up to it o(age will not allow some folks go beyond a level)! 451 just happens to be the lowest they have gone so far, nothing says they can't go lower than that in subsequent draws. Infact, the next draw should automatically be done with a lower score except if they have a considerable number of people who have been nominated by some provinces or more people entered the pool who have higher than the last score. I however understand the part of doing the best you can to be assured of getting ITA.

Meanwhile, the link you cited with regards to pof was instructive, i'm however still trying to confirm with those who may have applied to know their experience just so any of them used spouse's pof and what the outcome was.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
dupyshoo:
Hi Afam4eva,

WOW, it's really tricky. I just calclated a probable CRS score and i was barely clocking 400 and unable to reach 451 but when i added the Labout market Impact assessment, it jumped to 1013. So, in essence getting a job from an employer is a big deal. Therefore getting a good IELTS score or having a two year job experience outside Canada or having a masters degree does not really cut it. I may be wrong though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Afam4eva(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
zandora:

That could be because there is not definite threshold that qualifies one. A lot is still based on speculation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi Afam4eva,

As you have rightly noticed, getting a job offer or provincial nominee will automatically lead to ITA in the next draw. However, with the right age (<30), Masters degree, very high IELTS and more that 3 years work experience, you can get a CRS score of over 480. This will place you in a very good position to be given ITA in the next few draws.

Afam4eva:

WOW, it's really tricky. I just calclated a probable CRS score and i was barely clocking 400 and unable to reach 451 but when i added the Labout market Impact assessment, it jumped to 1013. So, in essence getting a job from an employer is a big deal. Therefore getting a good IELTS score or having a two year job experience outside Canada or having a masters degree does not really cut it. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
Afam4eva:

That could be because there is not definite threshold that qualifies one. A lot is still based on speculation.

Yeah maybe, but logically. Every draw should have a lower score than the previous cut off, except like Jesusway said, lots of people are nominated by provinces. And also putting in to account that people are constantly improving on their previous score.

This is just July, as lo ng as the caps have not been met and you have attained your possible max score, and draws are still being held, just believe.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
JesusDWay:

Mr, don't scare those who don't have up to that score and who may never have up to it o(age will not allow some folks go beyond a level)! 451 just happens to be the lowest they have gone so far, nothing says they can't go lower than that in subsequent draws. Infact, the next draw should automatically be done with a lower score except if they have a considerable number of people who have been nominated by some provinces or more people entered the pool who have higher than the last score. I however understand the part of doing the best you can to be assured of getting ITA.

Meanwhile, the link you cited with regards to pof was instructive, i'm however still trying to confirm with those who may have applied to know their experience just so any of them used spouse's pof and what the outcome was.

If you read what I wrote then you'll see that I didn't say the minimum score was 451 but that one should try and score higher than 450 in other to improve their chances of selection. Regarding the POF I'm very positive that the funds should be in the principal applicant's account or in a joint account with the spouse. I don't know why you want to turn this into an argument.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
zandora:

If you read what I wrote then you'll see that I didn't say the minimum score was 451 but that one should try and score higher than 450 in other to improve their chances of selection. Regarding the POF I'm very positive that the funds should be in the principal applicant's account or in a joint account with the spouse. I don't know why you want to turn this into an argument.

Nothing in my comment hints at argument, and I did mention that it was instructive, I only chose to consult wider as its a new rule. Regarding the score, some people can never score up to 450 and they may take what you have said as meaning it can never drop, that's all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 29, 2015
zandora , tola73 et al, abeg while filling the job Bank application, must i identify with a group? new immigrants to Canada seems to be automatically selected for me, because when i unchecked it, e no gree.
dupyshoo could you please say something?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2015
Shyee:
zandora , tola73 et al, abeg while filling the job Bank application, must i identify with a group? new immigrants to Canada seems to be automatically selected for me, because when i unchecked it, e no gree.

I can't remember what I did but if you correctly logged in with your validation code and password and it automatically checks the box for you then leave it. What matters is that you successfully register for job bank so you can enter the pool.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 7:57am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello everyone,
Pls I need your advice on this one. I had my Bsc evaluated late last year by WES but I couldn't meet up with the deadline for last year's program. My IELTS result was W-7.5, S-7.5, L-7.5, R-8.5 and it's really sad I couldn't get up to 8.0 in listening as this has prevented me from getting the highest possible score that comes with language proficiency. I have been considering writing another IELTS exam and also evaluating my OND result by WES to boost my overall points. It may take me about 3 mnths to go about my OND evaluation with WES sending my transcript and all that.

My question now are as follows;
1) Will WES treat my OND result as a fresh case i.e charging me the full amount or is there a discount considering they have done my Bsc before?
2) Is it really worth evaluating in terms of extra points I would get?
3) Is it really worth sitting for another IELTS exam considering my previous scores?

I currently have just 391 pts embarassed
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Afam4eva(m): 8:52am On Jul 29, 2015
Nna, odikwa very risky. I've decided that if I must apply for this program, I must do everything it takes to be selected and I have a few questions.

First is, how can one go about being nominated by a province? A link will surely be appreciated.

I also want to know how often people who are not in Canada get job offers. Any pointers?

These are the two variables that, in my opinion will make a difference.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Shyee,

I experienced the same. I guess it is automatically checked if you register using your express entry reference number. I was not bothered about it cos the Job Bank does not seem to be working effectively as the few job openings sent to me were not related to my field at all.

Shyee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2015
From the 2 options, getting provincial nomination is easier than getting job offer as it seems impossible to actually get a job offer nowadays if you are outside Canada.

See quote from JesusDway about details on provincial nomination.

JesusDWay:

New Brunswick(you have to check their site for information as they have modified the initial information they gave out)
Nova Scotia(they have just 350 spaces and has been on since January, i think. There's a list of occupation in which your work experience must fall into one of them before you can apply. You may check their site for more details)
Saskatchewan
Prince Edward Island(still available and they did not indicate that you need to know someone there, but the province is somehow. Surrounded by water and population is just 150,000 meaning, opportunities there might not be much and you may have to learn fishing to survive grin)
Ontario(if you score more than 400 in your crs but, they are the ones that will contact you themselves to apply and it appears they've only contacted those who entered the pool in June, not very sure about that though. Also, there's an application fee of 1,500CAD attached so, you might wanna.... wink )

Afam4eva:
Nna, odikwa very risky. I've decided that if I must apply for this program, I must do everything it takes to be selected and I have a few questions.

First is, how can one go about being nominated by a province? A link will surely be appreciated.

I also want to know how often people who are not in Canada get job offers. Any pointers?

These are the two variables that, in my opinion will make a difference.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2015
zandora:

Jeez why do you have have to write in massive bold letters? WES ECA is valid for 5 years while IELTS is valid for 2 years regardless of if you're in the pool or not.
grin grin grin grin Sorry Sir/ Ma all other inquiries gets unnoticed because there are a lot of inquiries coming in here even thou its nobody's fault

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2015
Kevinoh:
Hello everyone,
Pls I need your advice on this one. I had my Bsc evaluated late last year by WES but I couldn't meet up with the deadline for last year's program. My IELTS result was W-7.5, S-7.5, L-7.5, R-8.5 and it's really sad I couldn't get up to 8.0 in listening as this has prevented me from getting the highest possible score that comes with language proficiency. I have been considering writing another IELTS exam and also evaluating my OND result by WES to boost my overall points. It may take me about 3 mnths to go about my OND evaluation with WES sending my transcript and all that.

1) Will WES treat my OND result as a fresh case i.e charging me the full amount or is there a discount considering they have done my Bsc before?
3) Is it really worth sitting for another IELTS exam considering my previous scores?

Hi Kevinho
I feel your pain IRO your ielts result, moreso, just two wrong answers in your listening led to not getting the max points in language proficiency or not gaining extra 60points, with this, its easy to say you will achieve your desired score if you rewrite the ielts. However, if your information above is correct (I tried to figure out how possible you scored 391 with this ielts result, if this is a self assessment its likely to be wrong, but if this score from EE, you are good to go, meaning you must be quite young with 3years+ work experience) you do not need to rewrite the ielts. Evaluate your OND which gives you additional 19points if married and more if not, that way you can chill in the pool with 410+points expecting to be invited or getting Ontario nomination.
Secondly, if you expedite action from your poly WES assessment wont take that long.

To answer your question
1. Your have a profile with them, but they will treat it as a fresh assessment and no discount, but contact them if your can include your bsc assessment in the package which include OND certificate photocopy so as to generate a single assessment with both qualifications on it

2. Yes. Answer is above
3. No. Answer is above
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Kevinoh,

My advise will be to evaluate your WES and rewrite your IELTS with the hope of increasing your score in the listening part while maintaining the scores or higher in the other 3 sections. This is due to the following facts:

1. Evaluating your OND alone will increase your score by about 20. This will take your CRS score to 410+
2. Increasing your IELTS band to CLB9 and above will increase your score by a minimum of 45. This will take your CRS score to 436+
3. Doing 1 and 2 will take you to 470+

So make your decision based on the above.

Please note that I based the points on the fact that you have 3+ years of work experience.

Kevinoh:
Hello everyone,

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
dupyshoo:
Hi Kevinoh,
My advise will be to evaluate your WES and rewrite your IELTS with the hope of increasing your score in the listening part while maintaining the scores or higher in the other 3 sections. This is due to the following facts:
1. Evaluating your OND alone will increase your score by about 20. This will take your CRS score to 410+
2. Increasing your IELTS band to CLB9 and above will increase your score by a minimum of 45. This will take your CRS score to 436+
3. Doing 1 and 2 will take you to 470+
So make your decision based on the above.
Please note that I based the points on the fact that you have 3+ years of work experience.
Hello Duppy Show, What is the significance of Evaluating OND, BSC and MBA separately? Can you please point me to somewhere I can read it up on there site?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Kevinoh:
Hello everyone,

1) Yes WES will treat your OND as a fresh case.
2) If you evaluate your OND you'll gain an additional 8 points for 2 or more certificates.
3) Yes it is worth it as resitting and getting the maximum language score in listening can give you an additional 8 points. Also, maximum language scores in all 4 abilities would give you an additional 12 points under Skill Transferability Factors.

Finally if you improve your IELTS, you'll also gain additional points for foreign work experience with good official language proficiency however you haven't stated how many years of work experience you have. Nevertheless 1 or 2 years of foreign work experience will give you additional 12 points while 3 years or more of foreign work experience will give you additional 25 points.

Therefore evaluating your OND and resitting your IELTS to obtain the maximum scores on all activities can gain you additional 53 points if you have 3 or more years of work experience or 41 points if you have 1-2 years work experience. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Chukky77: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
hello house. please I went to Q life and they asked me to come with a medical form but i wasn't given this form by the Accra office. has anyone done medicals there and how dd you get around this. Please urgent replies required. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Keni,

You can put in all d details and see the effect on your CRS score. The link is below:
http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

keni:

Hello Duppy Show, What is the significance of Evaluating OND, BSC and MBA separately? Can you please point me to somewhere I can read it up on there site?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Kevinoh:
Hello everyone,

the best tin is to have ur ond evaluated to get additional points. u will b charged for it. 2) yes
3) if u can get ur desired mark, of cos yes.

anyway are u <30 or not cos wit ur Ielts u shld b more Dan dat. I had not up to ur Ielts score n still score a bit Dan u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
keni:

To my own understanding, if u av ur MBA, i'll suggest u evaluate it. It will give u additional marks because its higher Dan BSC, which is ur first degree. For ur OND, it is equivalent to a diploma, which implies u now av two certificates for evaluation (either ur BSC and OND) or ( MBA and ur OND ). but if u av evaluated ur BSC and haven't evaluated ur MBA, pls do so, cos it will get u additional marks too, otherwise, u go for ur BSC and OND alone, if u don't have MBA.

Dat is my own kobo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.