Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827579 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Etfash:

03/08/15; 35%.
@Justicia, refer to one of Shyee's posts in page 282 for the details.

that's tomorrow. wish u best of luck. may God guide and put you true in speaking the examiner's expected answers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
Etfash:
Good evening people.
Please is there anything wrong in giving WES my friend's home address in Canada so that he can scan the document to me?
Kindly reply.

Meanwhile, I wrote my IELTS test today... Guys abeg make Una dey pray for me. N42,000.00 no be beans o cheesy

Have a splendid evening everyone.
Best of luck. please where did u have ur Ielts done, I mean ur center. tenks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
slimmsyyetty:

Best of luck. please where did u have ur Ielts done, I mean ur center. tenks

Thank you - it was in Ibadan.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twaj: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
akanni:
hi all,anyone have any idea which date AVO is on now for fsw? Last i learnt on tuesday was nov 7 for MR, anyone with any update please?

Please check this website for FSWP 2014 timeline https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XlAYwn8sBOYeZyuFP7cOok7oFacisg95Jx1zcrcBjQQ/edit?pli=1#gid=639575799
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 1:03am On Aug 03, 2015
Thanks twaj, they are on Nov 10 based on the link you sent.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by waleprizu: 4:53am On Aug 03, 2015
Great to be on Nairaland again after 5yrs (During my US Student Visa Interview preparation). The feeling is exhilarating. Nairaland is a great place to find resources and interact with people who are going through (or have gone through) the path one is planning to go through.

I am currently considering the EE under FSWP as a plan B for my career/life. This is a summary of my profile:

IELTS: L: 8.5, R: 8.0, W: 8.5, S: 7.5 (Total: 8/9)
Degree:I have a Masters Degree (About to complete a PhD in the states. Hence, my emphasis on EE being a plan B)
Experience: 3-4yrs
Classification: NOC 4012
Total CRS score (Projected): 481.

I am currently waiting for my ECA to be completed (waiting for UNILAG to send transcripts). I look forward to asking more questions and interacting with you guys.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 7:11am On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:
Great to be on Nairaland again after 5yrs (During my US Student Visa Interview preparation). The feeling is exhilarating. Nairaland is a great place to find resources and interact with people who are going through (or have gone through) the path one is planning to go through.

I am currently considering the EE under FSWP as a plan B for my career/life. This is a summary of my profile:

Degree:I have a Masters Degree (About to complete a PhD in the states. Hence, my emphasis on EE being a plan B)
Total CRS score: 481.

I am currently waiting for my ECA to be completed (waiting for UNILAG to send transcripts). I look forward to asking more questions and interacting with you guys.

Nice one. I am sure u will not swim in the pool for long before you are "harvested" by Canada.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

Total CRS score: 481.

Chaii bros just dey pack your load,you are on your way already wish am in ur shoe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
bayulll01:

Chaii bros just dey pack your load,you are on your way already wish am in ur shoe
grin grin grin

Don't worry, you shall enter Canada smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
MarvellousGod:
grin grin grin
Don't worry, you shall enter Canada smiley
Amen bros amin jesu,ase adura thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
justicia:
Hello All. Am new here. Pls I read about the FSWP online but I need further clarification abt it. Pls how do I start, what exams do I take, what forms do I fill, what's the procedure from A to Z generally. Pls guide me. Thanks!

Quote from: YamPower on March 09, 2015, 09:58:11 am

It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 for principal applicant) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
@WalePrizu......Impressive, but then how do u know your CRS since u haven't started swimming in the pool or am I missing something

My ancestors longest time o
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by waleprizu: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Kirri:
@WalePrizu......Impressive, but then how do u know your CRS since u haven't started swimming in the pool or am I missing something

My ancestors longest time o

I used the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool to calculate my projected points. I used this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

I used the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool to calculate my projected points. I used this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Why don't u run with ur Masters if u did or have one from the US instead of waiting for Unilag to send B.Sc transcript to WES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
ferdiii:

Why don't u run with ur Masters if u did or have one from the US instead of waiting for Unilag to send B.Sc transcript to WES?

Agreed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by waleprizu: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
ferdiii:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I was asked to submit ALL subsequent post-secondary school degrees/documents. I have already sent my US transcripts/certificate to them. BTW, I'm not using WES for a variety of reasons (they are expensive, pathetic customer service, long processing time etc). Instead, I am using ICAS of Canada which is one of the officially designated organization for CIC-ECA.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Chukky77: 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
HELLO HOUSE.

IF THEY SAY THEY NEED UPDATED BACKGROUND DECLARATION WITH ORIGINAL SIGNATURE DOES IT MEAN I SHOULD SIGN IN THAT SECTION WE WERE ORIGINALLY NOT ASKED TO SIGN BEFORE THAT WE WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN BEFORE A REPRESENTATIVE. IS GHANA OFFICE THE REPRESENTATIVE?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I was asked to submit ALL subsequent post-secondary school degrees/documents. I have already sent my US transcripts/certificate to them. BTW, I'm not using WES for a variety of reasons (they are expensive, pathetic customer service, long processing time etc). Instead, I am using ICAS of Canada which is one of the officially designated organization for CIC-ECA.
Yea...ICAS is one of the organizations... but not that the wait will enable u involve the PhD. Will it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by waleprizu: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
ferdiii:

Yea...ICAS is one of the organizations... but not that the wait will enable u involve the PhD. Will it?

No. I do not plan to include my PhD in the process. I probably need to wait longer (Which does not really justify the extra 15 points) and there are so many uncertainties when trying to complete a PhD thesis.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by waleprizu: 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Do we have anyone on this thread who is still trying to ace the IELTS? I studied for about 4 days and I think I did fairly well.
I can give my 2 cents on how to approach the exam.

Secondly, has anyone (living outside Canada) tried applying for a PNP program? Can he/she give a brief summary of the process, name of Province, outcome etc. Do you need a job offer to apply for PNP? I have tried searching for answers to the questions but each provinces have different program/process and some answers are rooted in obscurity. I also do not mind being referred back to an earlier page. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hi Waleprizu,

Find a quote from JesusDWay on PNP. I hope you find it useful.

waleprizu:
Do we have anyone on this thread who is still trying to ace the IELTS? I studied for about 4 days and I think I did fairly well.
Secondly, has anyone (living outside Canada) tried applying for a PNP program? Can he/she give a brief summary of the process, name of Province, outcome etc. Do you need a job offer to apply for PNP? I have tried searching for answers to the questions but each provinces have different program/process and some answers are rooted in obscurity. I also do not mind being referred back to an earlier page. Thanks!
JesusDWay:

New Brunswick(you have to check their site for information as they have modified the initial information they gave out)
Nova Scotia(they have just 350 spaces and has been on since January, i think. There's a list of occupation in which your work experience must fall into one of them before you can apply. You may check their site for more details)
Saskatchewan
Prince Edward Island(still available and they did not indicate that you need to know someone there, but the province is somehow. Surrounded by water and population is just 150,000 meaning, opportunities there might not be much and you may have to learn fishing to survive grin)
Ontario(if you score more than 400 in your crs but, they are the ones that will contact you themselves to apply and it appears they've only contacted those who entered the pool in June, not very sure about that though. Also, there's an application fee of 1,500CAD attached so, you might wanna.... wink )

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

please I need your 2 cents on how to approach the exam. tenks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:
I can give my 2 cents on how to approach the exam

Bros, why not wait till the result is out, then we know who is the boss.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twaj: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
Chukky77:
HELLO HOUSE.

IF THEY SAY THEY NEED UPDATED BACKGROUND DECLARATION WITH ORIGINAL SIGNATURE DOES IT MEAN I SHOULD SIGN IN THAT SECTION WE WERE ORIGINALLY NOT ASKED TO SIGN BEFORE THAT WE WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN BEFORE A REPRESENTATIVE. IS GHANA OFFICE THE REPRESENTATIVE?

House, can someone with experience answer this question....this young man is being asked by AVO to submit UPDATED BACKGROUND DECLARATION ( I think this is schedule A or ?) as additional document before final decision is made on his application. He is FSWP 2014 applicant.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

No. I do not plan to include my PhD in the process. I probably need to wait longer (Which does not really justify the extra 15 points) and there are so many uncertainties when trying to complete a PhD thesis.
OK....persuade Unilag then. I don't think u need PNP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
Garykasparov:

Bros, why not wait till the result is out, then we know who is the boss.
which result?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by candykenni: 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Pls give your 2 cents on how to ace the exam.. thank you in advance
slimmsyyetty:

please I need your 2 cents on how to approach the exam. tenks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twaintoy(f): 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

I need the 2cents please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by waleprizu: 8:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
ferdiii:

which result?

LOL.. I'm confused too.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
team, for the EE, i heard someone mention that you can indicate all provinces but when I tried,it says select one province, how does one go about this please? I am trying to put someone through in completing the express entry form ie the first step on the cic page.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Anthonydebo: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
waleprizu:

I will appreciate to have your 2 cent, I want to rewrite
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tolurigs: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=Anthonydebo post=36575030]

Will love to have ur 2 cent to ace ielts.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.