Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827659 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 12:04am On Jul 21, 2014
Please, what are the requirements for obtaining a police report. What's the financial implication?

By the way, is anybody using MCC for verification here? If yes, pls holla!

Tnx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:21am On Jul 21, 2014
Liss:

I had this same situation when I tried paying for my WES fees. I also used my GTBank mastercard & got a bank balance showing two debits but one record of payment at WES..

I made a complain at the nearest GTBank & the customer service person explained that when doing foreign transactions, the bank holds an extra payment just in case you withdraw before the foreign transaction is concluded. In my case, my money was reversed as I didn't overdraw my account & I didn't have to write any letter of complaint to anyone.

Hope your own works out easily too.
This is another point of view. I actually experienced sth like this while paying for application fee to a Canadian school. It's just that my first payment attempt was successful but was debited twice. I didn't want to suggest this initially as he said he was not successful at the first attempt. He can wait till his WES account shows "paid" and see if GTB unblocks his account.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Grateful2014: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2014
Thank you so much.

Quick question, do I assess all my degrees? Or just the MBA?

damkollins:
You are good....seems like 3 NOCs for me.
Just commence your ECA as soon as possible.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Hello,
Must Police clearance be done only in Lagos? those who have processed theirs pls respond
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2014
Grateful2014: Thank you so much.

Quick question, do I assess all my degrees? Or just the MBA?

Since we are not too sure if the equivalent of your MBA will be same as Canadian standard,its better to evaluate your Bsc and MBA so that even if its not same as Canadian masters in Canadian equivalence,you will still get 22 points.
Evaluate your Bsc and MBA degrees only.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
what a lovely thread we have here.

Please i have Hnd+pgd ,can i just send my certificate and transcript of my pgd since I m finding it hard to get my school to send my transcript soon(u know govt workers). Can I just send the Pgd being that it is actually my highest qualification? Time is no longer on my side angry

solomonwis,
ferdimako
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tribeD: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello Peeps,
I appreciate all the advice on this forum. I am just starting the fswp application. Age 33. B.Sc Chemical Engr, M.Sc Chemical Engr from UK. $ years Exp. Can someone tell me what my score will be like? I will also want to know the following
1) who should the reference letter from my company be addresses to?
2) how do i go about the ECA for my educational credentials
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MCqueens: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pls can anyone enlighten the house of how express entry 2015 would look like. What advantages is it going to have over this present system?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ekpekus1: Please, what are the requirements for obtaining a police report. What's the financial implication?

By the way, is anybody using MCC for verification here? If yes, pls holla!

Tnx

You can visit Nigeria Police at Alagbon, they can do that for you there at a fee. i paid 6k for mine.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ekpekus: Hello,
Must Police clearance be done only in Lagos? those who have processed theirs pls respond

Yes, Only in Lagos to my understanding.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
tribeD: Hello Peeps,
I appreciate all the advice on this forum. I am just starting the fswp application. Age 33. B.Sc Chemical Engr, M.Sc Chemical Engr from UK. $ years Exp. Can someone tell me what my score will be like? I will also want to know the following

1. To whom it may concern is an appropriate title
2. you can visit www.icasofcanada.ca for more info on ECA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
tribeD: Hello Peeps,
[b]Age - 12 points
Bsc/Msc (after successful evaluation) - 23 points
Experience $(do you mean 4?) - 13 points
For now ,your points without IELTS is 48 points.
You need 19 points to be eligible to apply and i believe you can get 19 or 20 points from your IELTS test to beat it.
If you are married also,your spouse can write IELTS to give you 5 points.

1.There is no instruction on who the reference letter should be addressed to but I prefer you address it to CIC themselves to make it personal.
2.You will need to register and let a designated body by CIC evaluate your credentials for you.From experience,I'll advice you to use WES as they are averagely ok.Register and pay your registration fee (about $300) at http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/ .
You will need to mandate your respective schools to send your academic transcripts to WES address through courier.
You are also expected to send photocopy of your Bsc and Msc to WES address by courier.
You are free to always pop up your questions on this forum.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by manisha575: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hi guys ...plz help me out...v r going 2 apply for fsw canada...but dont hav spouse passport ...as it is under reissue..n will take few days...can we send the application with spouse passport...n later v can submit d passport...is it possible?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tribeD: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks Damkollins and Meta4.
Really appreciate the advice. Gues I will write IELTS with my wife to get extra points. Do I have to send transcripts of both my degrees to WES or the MSc will do.
Anyone with IELTS past question should pls send to tribedan20006@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
manisha575: Hi guys ...plz help me out...v r going 2 apply for fsw canada...but dont hav spouse passport ...as it is under reissue..n will take few days...can we send the application with spouse passport...n later v can submit d passport...is it possible?
Re-issue/renewal should not take too much time so i'll advice you wait for it.if you send your application package with your spouse included in your generic form without including your spouse biodata page for passport,your application will be returned back to you and deemed"incomplete".
Even if your NOC is hot...you just need to wait.
Your spouse previous passport...is it totally expired or you still have couple of months?
Are you a Nigerian?....I'm asking because I know that re-issue/renewal should not take more than one week in Nigeria and from your quote of days,I think you should wait for it to be on the safer side of caution.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
tribeD: Thanks Damkollins and Meta4.
Really appreciate the advice. Gues I will write IELTS with my wife to get extra points. Do I have to send transcripts of both my degrees to WES or the MSc will do.
Anyone with IELTS past question should pls send to tribedan20006@yahoo.com
To have high chances of getting points of eligibility,mandate your academic institution to send your respective transcripts (Bsc & Msc) to WES while you also send the photocopies of the two degree certificates to them via courier.
I just forwarded some materials at my disposal regarding IELTS test to you.
All the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
meta4:

You can visit Nigeria Police at Alagbon, they can do that for you there at a fee. i paid 6k for mine.
Tnx sir! However, I am not based in Lagos. Can it be done else's where?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ferdimako ,damkollins. ..plssssssss somebody help by sending the IELTS study materials to
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
meta4:

Thanks @meta4! This waka get as e be o! Only Lagos kwanu!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by manisha575: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
No ...m indian...reason of reissue is change of address...so its cancelled...as v r waiting for d new passport...our noc is 2132 mechanical engineee...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Liss: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote
Tnx sir! However, I am not based in Lagos. Can it be done else's where? [/quote]

Of course it can be done elsewhere. I have read of those who were not in Lagos and got it done in their states without having to come to Lagos. Just ensure you go to the police headquarters in your state of residence or something.

BTW, Is the police report compulsory when submitting your application? I doubt it cos the lifespan is a few months and It would have expired before it's required and you would have to send in a new one when the visa office requires it. Except you are not a new applicant sha.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tribeD: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
damkollins:
To have high chances of getting points of eligibility,mandate your academic institution to send your respective transcripts (Bsc & Msc) to WES while you also send the photocopies of the two degree certificates to them via courier.
I just forwarded some materials at my disposal regarding IELTS test to you.
All the best.
Cheers.

Thanks Damkollins. You are too much
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
charles316: what a lovely thread we have here.

Please i have Hnd+pgd ,can i just send my certificate and transcript of my pgd since I m finding it hard to get my school to send my transcript soon(u know govt workers). Can I just send the Pgd being that it is actually my highest qualification? Time is no longer on my side angry

solomonwis,
ferdimako

you guys should help answer this na. Abeg o
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
charles316:

you guys should help answer this na. Abeg o
I didn't do PGD...but I advise u send ur PGD and HND transcripts via ur schools (u send a copy of d certs urself or give ur sch cert copies to include to save cost) that may secure 21 points for u unlike when u send only HND's which I'm not sure will. However, when I'm ready I will send only my M.Sc documents even as I got my B.Sc from d same school. I know only it can stand and give me 23 points and no need paying additional N10K.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
manisha575: No ...m indian...reason of reissue is change of address...so its cancelled...as v r waiting for d new passport...our noc is 2132 mechanical engineee...
I'll prefer you wait.
Don't worry...the cap will be there for you...its 34 out of 1,000.
Please get it the passport done before submitting.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
ferdimako:
I didn't do PGD...but I advise u send ur PGD and HND transcripts via ur schools (u send a copy of d certs urself or give ur sch cert copies to include to save cost) that may secure 21 points for u unlike when u send only HND's which I'm not sure will. However, when I'm ready I will send only my M.Sc documents even as I got my B.Sc from d same school. I know only it can stand and give me 23 points and no need paying additional N10K.

pgd is actually my highest qualification. The school where I did my Hnd just came back from strike. Been there to get my HND certificate but it is taking a long time. Do I stand to loose anything by including just the PGD certificate and transcript? Time is not on my side. July is almost gone.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
MCqueens: Pls can anyone enlighten the house of how express entry 2015 would look like. What advantages is it going to have over this present system?
Try to read those online.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ekpekus: Hello,
No, go to your state cid office, thy will take your finger print and have it sent to lagos, then give you a date to come for it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
meta4:

I filled my form and finger-printed at state cid in ibadan. They took it to lagos and I collected a week later. Just visit the state cid headquarter in your state
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
charles316:

pgd is actually my highest qualification. The school where I did my Hnd just came back from strike. Been there to get my HND certificate but it is taking a long time. Do I stand to loose anything by including just the PGD certificate and transcript?
I'm not a staff member of CIC or WES nor an immigration attorney. I know HND alone may not stand to secure ur 21points. People evaluate SSC to get 19 points... but u shouldn't do that when u have a B.Sc that has 21points. However, if d latter is hard to get out to WES and using d former won't make u lose grounds on bench marks...so be it. It appears u don't even have d HND cert...but is it ready? Do u have that of d PGD? I don't know much on poly and d strike again.

I thought a PGD serves as a bridge. Can it stand on its own like a standalone major?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
I need advise on the statement of account or account declaration of a thing @Gurus.
Do I need to add a letter myself to give an approximate conversion of the balance to USD? Also, is a month statement of account okay??.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bharoka: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good evening House, Please i am new in the house. I am a banker with BSc Ind Mathematics. I would appreciate it if i can be schooled on the step by step process of applying for the Canadian Federal Skilled worker Program. Expecting ur urgent responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.