Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,200 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827538 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Question!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
pinchocreamy: Question!
hahaha...from British Council.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
good day my pple. pls i want to ask. how can i go ahead by having my educational qualification assessed ? will i send it thro the post office or will i scan it and send it ?and pls where will i send it to ? i have an MBBS degree.
Secondly, where and how can i have the ENGLISH-FRENCH TEST done? i am resident in Ibadan. where can i do it pls
Thirdly, if i start all the processing from now from the grassroot, isnt it too late now to start ?
pls help me with above questions
Gob bless
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:08am On Jul 24, 2014
tayoamos: good day my pple. pls i want to ask. how can i go ahead by having my educational qualification assessed ? will i send it thro the post office or will i scan it and send it ?and pls where will i send it to ? i have an MBBS degree.
Secondly, where and how can i have the ENGLISH-FRENCH TEST done? i am resident in Ibadan. where can i do it pls
Thirdly, if i start all the processing from now from the grassroot, isnt it too late now to start ?
pls help me with above questions
Gob bless
Firstly,as a medical practitioner ,check the link below to proceed....
http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/
Information on how you will send your documents will be found on the site......meanwhile,it's normal that you will send your degree photocopies through courier service to their address which you will see on the site.Seems to me you will mandate your school to send your transcript to the same address via courier service.

Secondly,IELTS has a test center in Ibadan where you can register and take the exam.Please check the link below to register for your proposed date and the city venue details.You need your international passport document to register for it.
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria

Thirdly,April 30th,2015 is the deadline for submission of application packages and your NOC is not hot.Its not too late.
I really wish you the best.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2014
Tranquill:

Keep wishing. I know your type in the real world. Your attitude is well documented.

cheesy cheesy

Well documented? grin....Biko where are you taking the document(s) to, FBI, EFCC abi CIC? grin grin grin

Abeg repent of your ways and don't come here rubbing it in the face of CIC that you can get away with falsehood...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yugotee: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please can someone send me the ielts materials via jpekeneme@gmail.com? @ damkollins et al, I really appreciate the wonderful work you guys are doing here...That's the spirit! Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hi,

a college of mine applied for the NOC 1112 category ( same as me), but she didn't have enough money saved to support her stay. Thus her family signed a document certified by a notary that they will support her economically and give her the money if she is qualified for the program.

Would this work?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Eni23:

The application is already sent. Will they reject it or ask for another proof of funds.
thanks.
Really?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Eni23:

The application is already sent. Will they reject it or ask for another proof of funds.
thanks.

They may likely reject but then if the occupation is not filled up, she can always do the right thing and resend. A lot of people get their applications rejected in the first instance so its no big deal.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zina24: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
pls how long does it take to verify the certificates, secondly do i need to put all my certificates or just the highest qualification, like i have an MSC
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by exxy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
please house,if after processing your skilled worker lottery and you dont succeed, would they refund your money back ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Eni23: Hi,

a college of mine applied for the NOC 1112 category ( same as me), but she didn't have enough money saved to support her stay. Thus her family signed a document certified by a notary that they will support her economically and give her the money if she is qualified for the program.

Would this work?
Thanks.

The bitter truth is,your colleague does not merit a positive assessment as he/she did not meet the requirement as specified by CIC.

Do not be encouraged to go against stipulated guidelines,those who went that way have always had bitter stories to tell in the end. Those who "escape" by a stroke of luck are the ones who come back to tell a sad story of how their sojourn went in Canada because "All day is for the thief and one day is for the owner" grin

People who circumvent the process come back to tell a bitter story when others are making it big in Canada..You know why? They think they will always go free doing that but they end up disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
exxy: please house,if after processing your skilled worker lottery and you dont succeed, would they refund your money back ?

1. FSWP is not a lottery.

2. Once you obtain a PER (after your documents have been assessed) and for any reason your application was returned afterwards,you can not get a refund. In other words,a refund is only possible at the CIO initial assessment stage.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
zina24: pls how long does it take to verify the certificates, secondly do i need to put all my certificates or just the highest qualification, like i have an MSC

The duration varies with the agencies: ICAS, WES, CES. So go to their websites to confirm their current processing times and the various packages on offer like express, normal etc

You can evaluate your highest qualification without including other certificates. I know for sure that ICAS does that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Good morning hose.
Please I need some info in filling these forms.
1. Do I need to fill or send the “Additional Dependants/Declaration Form” (IMM 0008DEP) (if applicable) Completed, dated and signed by the principal applicant if the applicant has more than five dependants (whether they are accompanying or not), as I do not have any dependants neither does my wife.
2. I am a bit confused on who is to provide Police Certificates and Clearances.
Is it only me and my wife (we do not have kids)? Or it is to be provided by me, my brothers, sisters and parents alongside my wife, her parents, brothers and sisters.
3. I need clarification on who is to provide passport photographs
(Photo Requirements: Supply six (6) photos for each member of your family, whether accompanying or not, and yourself). Is it only me and my wife (we do not have kids)? Or it is to be provided by me, my brothers, sisters and parents alongside my wife, her parents, brothers and sisters.
4. Do I need to fill or send the Additional dependants/Declaration form (IMM 0008DEP) (if applicable) as I do not have any dependant.
Thanks.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ritaliciously: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2014
@solomonwise, i perfectly understnd wat tranquill is saying. U dont need to act all rigid. I for instance, borrowed some money to add up and av since paid it back while building my acct at the moment. So if u have someone that can help wif funds, who says u cant borrow! There is a saying, 'Work Smart not work hard'.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2014
ritaliciously: @solomonwise, i perfectly understnd wat tranquill is saying. U dont need to act all rigid. I for instance, borrowed some money to add up and av since paid it back while building my acct at the moment. So if u have someone that can help wif funds, who says u cant borrow! There is a saying, 'Work Smart not work hard'.
and that means u won't succeed and prosper in Canada.... hahagagahaha
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ritaliciously: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Loooool
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2014
ritaliciously: @solomonwise, i perfectly understnd wat tranquill is saying. U dont need to act all rigid. I for instance, borrowed some money to add up and av since paid it back while building my acct at the moment. So if u have someone that can help wif funds, who says u cant borrow! There is a saying, 'Work Smart not work hard'.

Your instance does not apply as it was a short term intervention

He is referring to people who intend to use borrowed funds to meet POF and who may not be able to get the money by the tme of verification as they have to return the money back
Only few can loan you deposit money through a period that can extend for almost three years

Let us listen to each other
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Meritl: Good morning hose.
Please I need some info in filling these forms.
1. Do I need to fill or send the “Additional Dependants/Declaration Form” (IMM 0008DEP) (if applicable) Completed, dated and signed by the principal applicant if the applicant has more than five dependants (whether they are accompanying or not), as I do not have any dependants neither does my wife.
2. I am a bit confused on who is to provide Police Certificates and Clearances.
Is it only me and my wife (we do not have kids)? Or it is to be provided by me, my brothers, sisters and parents alongside my wife, her parents, brothers and sisters.
3. I need clarification on who is to provide passport photographs
(Photo Requirements: Supply six (6) photos for each member of your family, whether accompanying or not, and yourself). Is it only me and my wife (we do not have kids)? Or it is to be provided by me, my brothers, sisters and parents alongside my wife, her parents, brothers and sisters.
4. Do I need to fill or send the Additional dependants/Declaration form (IMM 0008DEP) (if applicable) as I do not have any dependant.
Thanks.

[b]1.The generic form has the capacity to take up to 5 dependants for the principal applicant.If the principal applicant has more than 5 dependants(accompanying or not),the principal applicant will use form IMM 0008DEP to complete the quantity of dependants.If the principal applicants does not have up to 5 dependants,he or she is not expected to use the IMM 0008DEP form.
In your scenario if I understood you well,you do not need to include IMM 0008DEP since you do not have dependants except your spouse.
Please note that dependant in the context of IMM 0008DEP is referring only yo the principal applicant ONLY.

2.PCC is ONLY mean for the principal applicant and his/her dependants that are 18 years and above.Please note that dependants in this context does not refer to you parents and siblings.Your dependants realistically refers to you,
your spouse,
your children,
your adopted children(with legal evidence),
common law partner,
grandchild,
step children,
step-grandchildren.....(see attached pix)
In your scenario again,PCC is only requested from you and your spouse ONLY.

3.Passport photographs is to be provided by the principal applicants and his/her dependants (see my description above on dependants)
In your scenario again,your passport photographs and your spouse ONLY is requested.

4.You do not need to include IMM 0008DEP form as it is not applicable to you.
If you are not using agents,you are not also to include the IMM 5476E form.
You are not to include IMM 5604 too if it doesn't concern you.
You are not to include IMM 5409 if it doesnt concern you.
Summarily....Only submit/attach forms applicable to you.
Cheers.[/b]

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello house.
Since I am a single applicant, do I need to provide 6 passports of me or I include my brothers, sisters, mother, etc to make up the required number?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
technolee: Hello house.
Since I am a single applicant, do I need to provide 6 passports of me or I include my brothers, sisters, mother, etc to make up the required number?
Just you ALONE is required.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
damkollins:
[b]1.The generic form has the capacity to take up to 5 dependants for the principal applicant.If the principal applicant has more than 5 dependants(accompanying or not),the principal applicant will use form IMM 0008DEP to complete the quantity of dependants.If the principal applicants does not have up to 5 dependants,he or she is not expected to use the IMM 0008DEP form.
In your scenario if I understood you well,you do not need to include IMM 0008DEP since you do not have dependants except your spouse.
Please note that dependant in the context of IMM 0008DEP is referring only yo the principal applicant ONLY.

2.PCC is ONLY mean for the principal applicant and his/her dependants that are 18 years and above.Please note that dependants in this context does not refer to you parents and siblings.Your dependants realistically refers to you,
your spouse,
your children,
your adopted children(with legal evidence),
common law partner,
grandchild,
step children,
step-grandchildren.....(see attached pix)
In your scenario again,PCC is only requested from you and your spouse ONLY.

3.Passport photographs is to be provided by the principal applicants and his/her dependants (see my description above on dependants)
In your scenario again,your passport photographs and your spouse ONLY is requested.

4.You do not need to include IMM 0008DEP form as it is not applicable to you.
If you are not using agents,you are not also to include the IMM 5476E form.
You are not to include IMM 5604 too if it doesn't concern you.
You are not to include IMM 5409 if it doesnt concern you.
Summarily....Only submit/attach forms applicable to you.
Cheers.[/b]
Thanks a lot . This was really a nice exposé. God bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2014

Can you put up your real name here if you are bold enough to make CIC know this much that you did?

Why encourage people to cut corners when you should encourage them to seek better options? What encouragement are you giving to people who can genuinely raise this money without raising an eyebrow? You are telling them there's an easy way out which of course is a flagrant flouting of the law and you are "wise" enough to come on public forum and brag about it...

So your definition of working smart and not hard is to cut corner and declare it on a public forum? You need to be friend with your dictionary man!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

Your instance does not apply as it was a short term intervention

He is referring to people who intend to use borrowed funds to meet POF and who may not be able to get the money by the tme of verification as they have to return the money back
Only few can loan you deposit money through a period that can extend for almost three years

Let us listen to each other

Many thanks..

Maybe people will understand better with what you just wrote.....

CIC says don't borrow....There can be a better way to raise money other than "borrowing".

I do hope genuine people will avoid costly mistake such as is being encouraged with grave consequences

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
For those who were lucky enough to be selected as one of the 250 applicants under SINP without job offer,here's a response I got from the SINP Manager after raising my concern about SINP losing most of its applicants to FSWP (and this is through my observation over the last 3 months) as a result of the slow processing rate of the program:

[b]Please accept my apology for being late to get back to you, and thank you for your interest in the SINP.

As you mentioned, we accepted 250 applications from International Skilled Worker category applicants in 2014 who did not have employment offers. The Government of Saskatchewan is interested in increasing immigration to the province to address critical labour shortages. As we have a limited number of nominations that can be made through the SINP, we have been encouraging eligible applicants to utilize federal immigration programs. We believe that use of federal programs will help us to attract a higher number of immigrants to Saskatchewan to help address economic needs. However, we believe that it is not an efficient use of government resources, federal or provincial, for both levels of government to process applications from the same individuals. Although we are not able to prevent applicants from applying to other programs, we strongly recommend/request that applicants who have applied to federal programs withdraw their application from the SINP, or vice versa. We will monitor the program to see if there is wastage of nominations. If this is the case, we will assess whether program changes are warranted.

It is important to note, that the SINP’s strategic priority is to prioritize applications from high skilled workers with employment offers, in order to expediently address labour shortages via immediate attachment to the labour market upon the nominee’s arrival.

You may be interested to know that our processing times have improved over the past year and will continue to decrease over 2014 and 2015 due to changes implemented in 2013 and 2014. The Saskatchewan Experience Category had faster processing times in Quarter 4, 2013-14 compared to the year before, for all sub-categories (the current average is 3.3 months). Processing times have also decreased over the past three quarters for International Skilled Workers.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

David[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.